Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
Ask A Makeup Artist / Cosmetologist :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:16 pm
Hey so, my haircut thing is resolved, I found a good stylist. My new question is how much makeup is good to wear to school? I'm in college.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:34 am
I really want to curl my hair but it's is too straight to do so, what kind of produc could i use before i curl my hair?  

Lily the Vocaloid

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100

SzayelChan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:07 pm
could you recomend a good brand of eyeshadow that can be blended with water  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:30 am
yay!can i ask you some questions?

1.see,i have eyebags at my eyes,due to lackof sleep.any ways to make eyes..ummm..say...fresher?and can you recommend a suitable eye make-up for eyes with eyebags?
2.how to do a manicure?  

Moonlight Crystals

Blessed Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:49 am
OK! So I did not have a computer for like ever.. But I'm back now (yey) so I'm going to answer all the questions.. And any new questions don't be shy.. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:59 am
Kaiyle Brightblade
Hey so, my haircut thing is resolved, I found a good stylist. My new question is how much makeup is good to wear to school? I'm in college.

Hello Kaiyle Brightblade blaugh ,
That is great you found someone to do your hair. College makeup okies good one.Here is a youtube video to show you a really fast and easy look for everyday. I use the same technique when i was in college.Hope that helps.
Cheers!
<3 Missluna88

http://youtu.be/ujvZuRr8BJw  

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 am
My Distortion
Do you have tips or ways to remove blackheads completely? There are blackheads all over my face since I was 10!!! crying

Hello My Distortion blaugh ,
Yes there is something that you can use to remove blackheads and dry skin that Ive been using, and I love it! Its at Sally's Beauty Supply or you can get it online its called Beyond Belief: microdermabrasion scrub( I think its like 6 dollars for a tube). It has little crystals in it that take out blackheads dry skin and if you got scars it helps as well. If you want a more natural remedy you can always use this recipe that works great as well.Mix one table spoon of sugar and one table spoon of extra virgin olive oil and one table spoon of baking soda. Mix them well until reaching a paste-like consistence. Apply the mixture on your washed face, massage in very gently in circular motions. Leave it on for about 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.Hope this helps.
Cheers!
<3 Missluna88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:25 am
Denkou Soshiatae
Alright so I have a question that I have been trying to get answers to but can't seem to find any...
How do I make my hair grow faster?
I have cinnamon colored hair naturally, and I dyed it black and straightened it for 2 years during my "goth stage". I wanted to get rid of the black eventually and my mom was all for it. She didn't want to spend the money to get it stripped at a salon, though, so she just bought a home bleaching kit. After protest and submission on my part, we bleached my hair. At this point my natural routes were about an inch out... they turned orange and my hair turned orangey/red. We tried again the next night and my routes turned white and my hair was carrot orange. We then dyed my hair a reddish brown and it lasted for a while. Then after a few months we dyed it my natural brown and it looked great, although now it is faded to a blondish color...

Point of my question: I cut my own hair and have trimmed a good amount of the dead hair away. but there is still about 2-3 inches of dead hair. I don't want to cut my hair off because I can't really pull of short looks, but my dead hair is so obvious and hard to manage! My ends are dead and frizzy and stringy while my routes are silky and soft and curly. How do I make my hair grow faster (naturally and for free/cheap), so that I can cut my hair soon without making it super short? (my hair is just to my shoulders now, with 2-3 inches of dead hair)

Hello Denkou Soshiatae blaugh ,
Ok this is a easy fix with two ways natural remedy ,or getting something at like sally's. Sally's has a reconstructing treatment for chemically damaged hair. (I believe it is 2 dollars or so). The other is the home remedy ( which to most people its free if you have the stuff around your house). Mix 2 table spoons of Olive oil ,2 Egg yolks (the yellow part), and 1 table spoon of honey together.Put onto hair leave it for half an hours with a show cap on then rinse. Do this twice a week. Well I hope that helps.
Cheers!
<3 Missluna88

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 am
Lily the Vocaloid
I really want to curl my hair but it's is too straight to do so, what kind of product could i use before i curl my hair?

Hello Lily the Vocaloid blaugh ,
Some good products to use prior to curling your hair..Well there are a few there is Beyond The Zone Products called "Noodle Head" they have curl defining creams,curl boosting spray, and also a mousse. There is also Silk Elements curl defining mousse, cream, and spray. Prices range from 4-6 dollars. At Sally's, and some local drug stores ( rite aid,cvs, walgreens), and Online. Also the trick in curling your hair ( because i have pin straight hair myself) is when you curl it add enhancers prior, then use wand or iron as soon as you release your curl grab it let it cool in your hand scrunched, spray with a light hairspray, then release. After your done your whole head spray with hairspray again. I learned it last longer that way, and with the product prior in your hair will enhance your curls longer as well. Hope this helped.
Cheers!
Missluna88 <3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:50 am
SzayelChan
could you recomend a good brand of eyeshadow that can be blended with water

Hello SzayelChan blaugh ,
Makeup is my favorite subject! There are a few out there I love. My favorite Is the Elf Cosmetics there Studio Silver Box (its a 144 peice eyeshadow pallet)
the great thing is there online for 10 bucks( sometimes they do have them at target and kmart)! I use them wet and dry on models, and myself there great! Also there is a brand called Palladio Cosmetics They have many Baked eyeshadow trios online that are used wet or dry there 7.99 online. They work great as well. Well hope this helps.
Cheers!
Missluna88 <3

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:06 am
Moonlight Crystals
yay!can i ask you some questions?

1.see,i have eyebags at my eyes,due to lackof sleep.any ways to make eyes..ummm..say...fresher?and can you recommend a suitable eye make-up for eyes with eyebags?
2.how to do a manicure?

Hello Moonlight Crystals blaugh ,
Ok to question one: there are a few ways to make them vanish. They have a product at the drug stores ( walgreens, cvs, rite aid) called Garnier Nutritioniste -skin renew anti-puff eye roller to get rid of the puffy eye bags. That will get rid of most of it then for makeup a corrective color will help they have color correcting sticks everywhere before you put any makeup on apply this color corrector in your case it will be yellow under your eyes, blend in then apply your normal foundation and powder or just foundation. then get a white eyeliner and apply it to your waterline of your eye it makes you look fresh and awake. Also drink a lot of water ( even if its flavored) it gets rid of puffy bags. Now to question number two: a manicure well there are videos i can link for that.. emotion_kirakira We had to do so many manicures while we were in beauty school emotion_facepalm lol I'll post the link here for you. Hope this helps.
http://youtu.be/Bz8aPF-WmGM
Cheers!
<3 Missluna88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:49 pm
Hey MissLuna88!

My question is: How do you get your make-up to stay the same through the day? I do it in the morning and I check it in unnatural light and natural light and it looks great but when I check it half-way through the day it doesn't look as good. My friends tell me it's the light but just to make sure, how do you get it to stay the same?

Uisce a

Gracious Informer

Rin xP

Gracious Noob

7,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:51 pm
How much makeup should i wear? I am fourteen about to be fifteen soon and i have tannish skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes (i look hispanic, well mostly cause i am hispanic). And do you think lipstick is a good idea? Like a pink color? Oh and I'm in high school already too :3  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm
Uisce a
Hey MissLuna88!

My question is: How do you get your make-up to stay the same through the day? I do it in the morning and I check it in unnatural light and natural light and it looks great but when I check it half-way through the day it doesn't look as good. My friends tell me it's the light but just to make sure, how do you get it to stay the same?

Hello Uisce a blaugh ,
The best thing to do is use primer the the key to keep makeup on longer and look the same though the day my personal favs. are elf cosmetics and revlon primers. You put primer on before anything else and it keeps your makeup in place and looking great! Also if you are sweating though the day you can use a translusent powder ( just a little) on the areas you are having problems with to freshen anything that might be " comming out of place" . I hope that helps heart

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:40 pm
Rin xP
How much makeup should i wear? I am fourteen about to be fifteen soon and i have tannish skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes (i look hispanic, well mostly cause i am hispanic). And do you think lipstick is a good idea? Like a pink color? Oh and I'm in high school already too :3

Hello Rin xP,
Makeup styles differ what kind of style are you looking to achive? Here are a few suggestions on styles for your age and skin eye and hair color that will help emotion_kirakira

Eyes: Shimmer colors! green ( just not neon like lime lol), gold, copper, bronze, and violets, and peachy colors look great! Mascara use black or dark brown. Eye liner black or charcoal will be nice smile
Cheeks: rose or bronze colors lightly!
Lips razz eachy, corals, and rose would look nice.
Hope that helps <3  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces