Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Omnomnom! ( Food discussion & Recipes) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I...
  Love to cook!
  Like to cook.
  Am indifferent.
  Don't usually get a chance to prepare food.
  Like cooking, but am a terrible chef!
  Don't like cooking, and am terrible at it.
  Burn everything. EVERYTHING. Even water.
  Am a picky eater.
  Will try anything once.
  Will eat just about anything.
View Results

Isabella Kiyoshi

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 am
For some odd reason no one lets me cook, they think I'm going to stab someone, I'm not a bad cook when I have to cook though.

I'm really good at baking though.  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:43 pm
Spaghetti Squash

I use:
-1 spaghetti squash
-3 medium tomatoes
-1/2 a large sweet onion
-4 or 5 (or more) sliced mushrooms (I adore mushrooms, so usually end up using more)
-3 or 4 cloves garlic
-1/4 cup shredded spinach
-1/4 cup diced bell pepper
-1/4 cup diced zucchini
-olive oil, oregano, basil, rosemary (or mixed "Italian" spices), salt, pepper

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and seeds, and brush olive oil on the exposed flesh. Set the halves on a baking tray, fleshy side up, and bake for 45 minutes.

The veggies all go in an oiled skillet. I usually add the onion and garlic first, let them cook for a few minutes on medium heat, and then add everything else. I reduce the heat to let it simmer.

When the squash is cooked, use a fork and rake it lengthwise down the squash. It should peel away in strands (much like spaghetti).
(This video should give you a good idea of what to expect: here. She bakes her squash upside down, but from my experience, both ways work fine.)

Serve with the simmered veggies on top of the squash, and enjoy!  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Crafty Sketch

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:22 am
yum_pie FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T COOK!!! yum_pie

No Bake Creamy Chocolate Pie

Ingredients:
~ 1 (8 oz.) package softened cream cheese
~ 1/3 cup sugar
~ 1 tub thawed whipped topping *If you can find the chocolate flavored whipped topping use that one if you like if it exists*
~ 1 jar of ice cream fudge topping
~ 1 chocolate pie crust.
*Optional: Chocolate sprinkles

Directions:
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the 8 oz. softened cream cheese with 1/3 cup of sugar. When well blended, stir in 1 tub thawed whipped topping. Warm the jar of fudge topping in the microwave for 15-30 seconds *CAUTION: GLASS JAR WILL BE HOT* Spoon out all of the fudgey goodness into the bowl and stir until well blended. Spoon into the chocolate pie crust. Top with chocolate sprinkles if you like. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hrs.(or overnight) before serving.

Very simple to make. I hated to cook, but this one is worth it. cat_biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 am
Cooking is a majour stress relief for me.  

Jisatsu_no_Tenshi

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

CatsintheHat

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:35 am
Multigrain Bread

Yields 1 loaf

2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons flax seed (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoons salt
12 ounces barely warm water
Sunflower seeds, flax seed, and oats, for garnish

In a large bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer), whisk together the flours, oats, seeds, yeast, and salt. Gradually add the water and mix until the dough comes together. If the dough is too dry and will not come together, add small amounts of water until it does. Conversely, if the dough is too sticky, add flour until it becomes workable. Knead the dough for ten minutes, or until elastic.

Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume, about 2-3 hours. Punch down the dough and allow it to set for another 10 minutes before turning out the dough onto a clean surface. Shape the dough into a log or cylinder, trying to keep the dough an even thickness. Place the dough into a 9x5-inch loaf pan sprinkle with sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and oats. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and allow it to rise for another 30-40 minutes, or until it doubles in volume.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from oven and allow to cool down before slicing.

One of my favorite pins, forgive me for my unoriginality.  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff