Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Monster Mash ((Finished.)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 97 98 99 100 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reposted and reworked
  Gold
  Okay? But I don't feel like joining still.
  I might join
  Woo! I'll join/I've already been a part of it.
View Results

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:12 pm
"Nah, it's all good. It's not like she was yanking on them and tearing my feathers out or anything." Adrian said with with a smile when he saw Amaya walk in. "She's a good kid; no trouble at all."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:31 pm
Smith nodded as Amaya revealed her presence in the stands and walked off. Some people just weren't made for sparring matches, or at least not the kind that Smith fought. He flitted back to the spartan house that Avondale had modified for the various Mutates he owned and shifted out of his Mutate form before entering. He and Shiva were the only 'permanent' inhabitants, in the sense that they were the only two that had ever managed to survive Avondale's grueling battle habit (aside from Elton, but the kineticist-Mutate had been sold off to another owner a month ago and had yet to appear in the Arena since then). Most other owners only scheduled their Mutates once or twice per week. It wasn't unusual for Shiva to fight twice in one day, sometimes without a break between battles. Smith wasn't quite so overworked as that, but it was still a rare week when he got more than one break day.

He walked in and noted the new arrival, dead on his cot near Shiva's bed. He looked through the longhouse for a few minutes before finding her in the kitchen area. Avondale's assigned house had been modified, so it had fewer bedrooms and bathrooms and a much larger entryway, with some rather comfortable furniture. It looked very modern, though the actual living area was still incredibly spartan and uncomfortable. New rations once every three days and fresh meat once every other day, but cots so thin they could practically be blankets on a normal mattress. And one of those currently supported the cooling meat that had been Avondale's newest acquisition. "New boy? Corpse? Bells rung?"

Shiva had killed new arrivals before for the tiniest things, and that generally ended up with her and Smith fighting it out in the Arena over who was in the right (it always ended in a draw) or just getting in a good old-fashioned fistfight in the kitchen as they pummeled sense into each other. But occasionally Shiva took out a newbie sent in by another owner to assassinate Avondale's Mutates, or she killed one out of compassion or because of a request. Smith hoped it was one of the latter.

Shiva had decided to cook some lunch for herself while Smith was out, the new kid's body cooling in the larger of the two bedrooms. They were allowed knives and other cooking implements in the house, but Shiva's tastes ran more towards simplistic fare after years of living on the streets. She was boiling a stew at the moment she heard Smith's question, and nearly spilled hot broth on her arm when he spoke. Either he was getting quieter or she was getting more used to him, because her sense of danger - honed from years in Skalgrad's back alleys - had completely failed to notice him. "He asked a hand in escape. I provided, painlessly."

Smith nodded. A mercy-kill was nothing new. Many Mutates were simply too high-strung or naive to survive in the Arena, and the more pragmatic of the 'veterans' killed the newcomers too wet to survive their first battle. Avondale's newest acquisition wouldn't have lasted more than a few seconds. "Sad. Stew?"

Shiva nodded. "Onion, lentil, bits of beef. Enough for three. Two-weeks scheduled for half an hour ago, due back soon."

By mutual agreement they referred to others in Avondale's 'care' by the length of time since acquisition. The highest name they'd ever had to give someone was 'nine weeks,' and then only because Avondale had been laid up in bed with a fractured hip and hadn't scheduled any fights for that whole period. 'Nine weeks' had died in her first battle.

Smith recalled Two-weeks and nodded. He'd seen her corpse earlier, but Shiva could do without hearing that while cooking.

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:56 pm
"Give her two more minutes and she would have." Amaya told Adrian with a smile. "So how'd the training go?" She asked as Calista hung onto her neck on continued talking.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:02 pm
"Wasn't as into it as I thought I was and came back here not long after. Just got into a small slump of sorts, no big deal." Adrian said with a slight shrug. "But Sikes showed up wanting me to babysit, so I got a good pick-me-up in the end." he said smiling at Calista.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 pm
"Yeah, I got held up in a sparring match. Ditched on him though. He kills people within the first minute of fights, so it's not like it was really fun for me. He was just using the same tactics, except not killing me, so basically just running all over the place." Amaya sighed. "You should've taken my offer, would've gotten more done against each other really." She muttered, resituating Calista onto her hip.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:22 pm
"Yeah...Although even then, I'm not sure I'd want to. I've been here long enough now that I've pretty much mastered my powers, except for..." Adrian glanced down at his hand, then back to Calista, unsure if Amaya wanted her to know the gruesome details of his powers. "....well, you know. Weapons, whips, blades...I can make it all from a little bloodstain to an open wound, but I haven't yet tried to take control of the blood inside a person. I'm not sure I'd want to risk testing that out on you in a training session."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:53 am
"Yeah, no offense but I think the possibility of my heart stopping is not something I'd enjoy." Amaya muttered, Calista oblivious to their conversation. "Still, you could find new uses for it. I'm still working on new ideas myself." She told him with a shrug.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 am
"I guess the only training I'll be doing for something like that is in a death match. I still haven't been in one yet, but I figure it's only a matter of time before I am." Adrian said with a slight shrug. "Of course, I'd hate to wind up like your sparring partner who excelled in killing right off the bat."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:03 pm
((Monster Mash nearing page 2 in the forum? I! SAY! NAY!))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:36 pm
(woops. sorry. I was busy doing something and lost track of te topic)

Kierra sat in her cage as Jabir chewed her out. He would frequently make visit during all hours of the day. Sometimes just to talk to her, others just to yell at her. A few times, he'd come and watch her train. It was all just to get sense of her and how she fights. Make her better. Yet, in any fight she had been in, she still ha to be forced to attack the oponent, but she usually lost. Jabir didn't mind though, it helped him even more. Kierra looked at him. She could tell he had something planned if she didn't fight next time, but she didn't want to. She couldn't. "I'll tell you this one last time. If you don't attack in this next fight, I'll make you attack," Jabir threatened, though he knew she wouldn't attack. Inside, he was smiling. He knew tonight was going to be fun for him, and it would also make more of a fighter out of her."Now get out there and train some more. I'll be watching you." Kierra nodded solemnly and stepped ot from the cage, shooting at her target again.  

Kityfan2

Generous Giver

13,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:55 pm
((Wheeee boredom. On a side note, my imagination has been running wild. And I may have inadvertently written Adrian a whole theme song. >>;; ))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 am
((Nice.

Hey Maya, when's Project Redemption going to get off the ground? Waiting for more people?))  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 am
((Sorry, I'll post later today I promise. Had a busy weekend and only have 30 minutes before I have to go to class for a few hours. As for project redemption I need to bump it and get one or two more people. Soooo, sorry but I'll attempt to straighten this all out later.))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:44 pm
"Yes...I was annoyed just fighting him." Amaya muttered before Calista tugged on her shirt a little.

"Mommy, can we watch a movie?" She asked as she looked up at Amaya with puppy dog eyes.

Amaya shrugged, though a small laugh escaped her lips. Sikes had given them a few movies and a dvd player, just not cable. "Sure thing. Adrian would you care to join us? Granted it will be something age appropriate for her." She joked as she nodded her head at Calista.  

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:48 pm
"Sure. I'll make the popcorn." Adrian said as a smile spread across his cheeks. It was nice to have some actual form of entertainment now. "Do we even have any popcorn?" he wondered aloud as he went to the kitchen and searched the cupboards.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 97 98 99 100 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff