Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
A 17 year old dating a 14 year old Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
I approve!
55%
 55%  [ 38 ]
I do not approve!
27%
 27%  [ 19 ]
I WANT GOLD!!!
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 69

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:38 am
Ryura_Kayano
It's only 3 years apart

when your in your teens three years is more of deal than if youre in your twenties  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:38 am
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

Yeah I mean age doesnt really matter after a certain point, but when youre 18 dating more than two years youngerthan you theres a lot pf barriers there.
yes User Image

XD Hope you read these posts mr dude
lol I'm just joking

haha no I just meant were all psoting stuff trying to help him but he hasnt responded to anyones post. Maybe he forgot about it D:
yup same with another person in my advice guild I gave really good advice and I'm waiting for a reply

mmmm... sad when people don't reply D:  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

inu_fan77777

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 am
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

lol I'm just joking

haha no I just meant were all psoting stuff trying to help him but he hasnt responded to anyones post. Maybe he forgot about it D:
yup same with another person in my advice guild I gave really good advice and I'm waiting for a reply

yes yes it is especially when there plee is so desperate  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:14 am
I was 18 when I dated a 15 year old, it didn't last long for a reason. Mentality changes drastically at these ages.

The standard equation if you're in question is simply

half your age (Round down) + 7 (After the age of 13) if you go further they're slightly too young for you...

if you're 20 you can date a 17 year old...

Oddly enough this roughly coincides with the legal age of consent for many states with an added year....16 can go out with someone as old as 21... this works only because if you're 20 and someone is 16 (WHich is blurring the line), you may turn 21 before they hit 17  

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:16 am
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

lol I'm just joking

i agreee ps. my arm is stuck under me  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:08 am
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

what lol  

inu_fan77777

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 am
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

what lol

I was lying on my bed and my arm got stuck. haha  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:17 am
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

what lol

oh lol its not hurt right?  

inu_fan77777

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:34 pm
idea
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

what lol

nope. all better  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:13 am
CheizLord
idea
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

what lol

nope. all better
well thats go  

inu_fan77777

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 pm
Eh I was 21 when I dated my first boyfriend and he was 14. I just don't see age as a problem. And lovely head bashings to anyone who tries to split you <3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:39 pm
Silver Sage-General
Eh I was 21 when I dated my first boyfriend and he was 14. I just don't see age as a problem. And lovely head bashings to anyone who tries to split you <3

its not about TRYING to split, its mostly looking out for (usually the younger's) well-being. 14 and 21 are typically drastic maturity differences, and the 21 yr old might be trying to take advantage of the 14 yr old, but it if worked for you, congratulations.

the reason we focus on age is there is an average maturity level that comes with that age, but in the end its about maturity.  

Kelai_Caberin

komatachii

Bashful Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:07 pm
I see no problem. My husband and i are 3 years apart, and I'm only 17 right now. We've been together since i was 15. To me as long as you two both love each other and know it you have nothing to worry about. If worst comes to worst try staying really close, or even better talk to her parents. They might understand that you love her, just don't do something they could make you regret if she let it slip. I still believe that love will be love, and if she is mature enough to understand this then she's old enough to date you .  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm
Dusty-Boy
I was 18 when I dated a 15 year old, it didn't last long for a reason. Mentality changes drastically at these ages.

The standard equation if you're in question is simply

half your age (Round down) + 7 (After the age of 13) if you go further they're slightly too young for you...

if you're 20 you can date a 17 year old...

Oddly enough this roughly coincides with the legal age of consent for many states with an added year....16 can go out with someone as old as 21... this works only because if you're 20 and someone is 16 (WHich is blurring the line), you may turn 21 before they hit 17

Agreed  

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

Kathryn Anon

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm
Sihily Nihily
I'm a 17 year old guy. Dating a 14 year old girl. We kept it a secret from her parents the whole time

I don't want to say the relationship is wrong, because it isn't so long as you're respecting her wishes and all that jazz (as well as vice-versa. A relationship takes two to tango), but what striked me as unacceptable was not telling her parents. I know that you're nervous, but (expecially because she's still just a child) it's not right, nor fair to them. Sure, I get nagged every day for living in Ontario and having a boy I've never met who lives in Nevada texting me and skyping me all the time. I know how I feel about him, and I know I love him, so I don't care what my parents say. (His mom is obsessed with the thought of me bringing down Timmies, so it's cool on /that/ front), of course, we don't have the age gap, though.

So yea. Tell mommy and daddy-dearest is all I can say. If they don't know, then it's wrong. With or without reasons. If you can't tell them, then you subconciously think it's wrong yourself. I hear, a lot, if you wouldn't tell your mother, or you wouldn't tell your teacher, don't do it. Frankly, it's important that you tell because it shows how much you care about each other. If you're only taking the easy way out, then it's not love. 'Nuff said.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff