Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Modern Heroes [Game starting in Subforum!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:46 pm
Dallas Moonrain
Southern_cross_nemesis: Character looks good--except I think your character should speak more languages--he gets an automatic 1 for existence, and another 3 for his int, and I think you may have spent 28 points instead of 25....you'll want to recheck that. But I like the concept. Very interesting.

Str 10, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 16 Wis 14 Cha 14

Cha plus 4=(+2 human, +2 level adjestment,)

I think I see where I made the mistake. I counted your
+2 enhancement bonus to any one ability score
twice, when it was just to be a reminder of human's ... eh, I moved some points into dex for some armor outside of fusion

fixed  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:48 pm
I'll just write me basic backstory here, and I'll join in ASAP.

She's very popular in the school having been nominated for homecoming queen, and is girlfriend of the school's All-star Quarterback. She's fun to be around and is generally a perky girl. She has violet eyes, which she claims are due to contact lenses. She does wear contacts at her mother's request, but never realized that when the contacts were in, her eyes were simply no longer covered by the permanent illusion her mother had cast on her. She has lightly tipped ears, hinting at her elvish background, but overall, she looks fairly human.

She's studied Tai-Chi and Muay-Thai since she was a young child, and often has competed in several competitions, where she blew away the competition in her natural resolve and skill. Her mother has been her guiding influence her entire life, being there for her martial arts and her school life. Besides school, Liana's mother is the most important thing in her life.

She was on her way to visit her boyfriend when the mystic flash of light stripped away the illusion spell. She saw herself as she truly was for the first time, seeing that her eye truly were violet, that her ears were pointed, that she wasn't naturally human. She ran home upset thinking that something was wrong with her, planning on crying to her mother. When she got home, all she found was her father, drunk and alone. He claimed she never had a mother, that she was a b*****d child left on his doorstep 18 years ago. The only proof that Liana's mother existed at all, and hadn't been missing her entire life, was a crystal pendant on her neck, which carried an image of a forest in some faraway place. (Feywild) She always though it was somewhere on this Earth, but the more she studied it, the more she realized how alien the place seemed.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Dallas Moonrain
Southern_cross_nemesis: Character looks good--except I think your character should speak more languages--he gets an automatic 1 for existence, and another 3 for his int, and I think you may have spent 28 points instead of 25....you'll want to recheck that. But I like the concept. Very interesting.

Str 10, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 16 Wis 14 Cha 14

Cha plus 4=(+2 human, +2 level adjestment,)

I think I see where I made the mistake. I counted your
+2 enhancement bonus to any one ability score
twice, when it was just to be a reminder of human's ... eh, I moved some points into dex for some armor outside of fusion

fixed

Now it's my turn to feel dumb....I forgot about the +2 enhancement! Should reread my own stuff before deconstructing characters.....your base stats as listed in the above post are precisely 25....please continue on.....with the 20 CHA.....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:06 pm
Vampfighter1
I'll just write me basic backstory here, and I'll join in ASAP.

She's very popular in the school having been nominated for homecoming queen, and is girlfriend of the school's All-star Quarterback. She's fun to be around and is generally a perky girl. She has violet eyes, which she claims are due to contact lenses. She does wear contacts at her mother's request, but never realized that when the contacts were in, her eyes were simply no longer covered by the permanent illusion her mother had cast on her. She has lightly tipped ears, hinting at her elvish background, but overall, she looks fairly human.

She's studied Tai-Chi and Muay-Thai since she was a young child, and often has competed in several competitions, where she blew away the competition in her natural resolve and skill. Her mother has been her guiding influence her entire life, being there for her martial arts and her school life. Besides school, Liana's mother is the most important thing in her life.

She was on her way to visit her boyfriend when the mystic flash of light stripped away the illusion spell. She saw herself as she truly was for the first time, seeing that her eye truly were violet, that her ears were pointed, that she wasn't naturally human. She ran home upset thinking that something was wrong with her, planning on crying to her mother. When she got home, all she found was her father, drunk and alone. He claimed she never had a mother, that she was a b*****d child left on his doorstep 18 years ago. The only proof that Liana's mother existed at all, and hadn't been missing her entire life, was a crystal pendant on her neck, which carried an image of a forest in some faraway place. (Feywild) She always though it was somewhere on this Earth, but the more she studied it, the more she realized how alien the place seemed.

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing Liana....  

Dallas Moonrain

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:52 pm
Liana Richards  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:21 pm
I like Liana. Cool build and backstory. But don't forget you do have access to gear. If you want bracers of armor +3, that fits fine with what I have allowed the others. And I take it Intimidate is her free half-elf skill focus? And, since I am recently reminded by my own stupidity in adding up someone else stats (sorry again!), you do get a free +2 bonus to one of your stats as well.

Also, check it out everyone: We have a Subforum!  

Dallas Moonrain

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:23 pm
Another PLUS 2? OMG she's pimp.

But no on the bracers. I'm going to have her as she is. And she also has the persuasive feat which helps intimidate  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:32 pm
Vampfighter1
Another PLUS 2? OMG she's pimp.

But no on the bracers. I'm going to have her as she is. And she also has the persuasive feat which helps intimidate

As you wish. Just making sure you didn't miss anything accidentally. smile  

Dallas Moonrain

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:35 pm
Apparently my friend who's supposed to be joining is waiting for his guild join request to get approved, so while we're waiting for him and for Anaterai Crimsonthrone to get a character together, feel free to talk amongst yourselves and decide if/how your characters know each other. (Clearly less of a problem for your character, Southern_cross_nemesis!) Also, everyone please check out the subforum we have been awarded and take a look at the "Things to think about" thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:26 pm
Quick question - if we wanted a special weapon or armor, rather than a more generic +x weapon or armor, could we subtract the equivalent armor cost from the total before expending gold from our theoretical 10k? For example - if I wanted to have a caster's shield, could I subtract the 3153gp from the overall cost of the 4,000 that my +2 shield would effectively cost?

Potentially related to the original question - if I was interested in one of the Relic items from the Magic Item Compendium, may I effectively waive the specific deity requirements? Alignment requirements I get, but in the real world, there probably isn't anyone who worships Corellon Larethian or Gruumsh. Also, may I take teh True Believer feat to use their relic powers, if I so choose?  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
Quick question - if we wanted a special weapon or armor, rather than a more generic +x weapon or armor, could we subtract the equivalent armor cost from the total before expending gold from our theoretical 10k? For example - if I wanted to have a caster's shield, could I subtract the 3153gp from the overall cost of the 4,000 that my +2 shield would effectively cost?

Yes, if you would like "special" armor/shield/weapon instead of the generic bonus listed, you may have that instead of the +3 armor/+2 shield/+2 weapon that you would have otherwise, subtracting the cost of those from said item, using any of the rest from your 10000 pool. Note: if the item is less, you don't get any extra back. In you above example, the caster's shield would end up having an effective cost of 4000.

Quote:
Potentially related to the original question - if I was interested in one of the Relic items from the Magic Item Compendium, may I effectively waive the specific deity requirements? Alignment requirements I get, but in the real world, there probably isn't anyone who worships Corellon Larethian or Gruumsh. Also, may I take teh True Believer feat to use their relic powers, if I so choose?

Yes, though you cannot have relics tuned to more than one god, and you would have to obey any alignment restrictions. And it would be nice if you at least paid homage to the god--having a fondness for fantasy elves or something else that makes sense with Corellon Larethian. (The alignment thing would probably eliminate Gruumsh, since you can't be evil. wink )

And if you want to take True Believer, you may.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:49 pm
not so cool news... I am going to be away from my computer for a few weeks or so.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:04 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
not so cool news... I am going to be away from my computer for a few weeks or so.

That sucks. Well, when you have access again, just swing on by. If we're in the middle of something, send me a PM and I'll find a way to work you back in.

Also, very cool choice in taking one of the characters from Vampfighter1's question answers and putting him in yours. Yay characters who are inter-related!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 pm
Dallas Moonrain
Southern_cross_nemesis

That sucks. Well, when you have access again, just swing on by. If we're in the middle of something, send me a PM and I'll find a way to work you back in.

Also, very cool choice in taking one of the characters from Vampfighter1's question answers and putting him in yours. Yay characters who are inter-related!
Will do, I only just got the call to lay down hardwood floors at my brother's house so they are done before thanksgiving... << talk about last minute. eh story of my family.

But I thought, it would be better that way, and I was trying to find a way to inter link him to the other characters... Disciple's Allen is a gang member... and Vamp's... Lance... Kat didn't do his yet so I didn't have much to work off of  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm
I've more or less got my character finalized.

Hillary Moore, Oracle.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces