Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 45: Ghost Story Contest (Halloween 2011 Resurrection Event)
Ghost Story Contest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scared yet?
  No, the pen is mightier than the sword!
View Results

messycat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:45 pm
i will attempt this. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:17 am
writing a normal story for me is easy but a scary ghost story is gonna be a challenge.maybe i should put my minecraft adventure map knowledge to use......  

longlong815

5,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Angeloni87

Heroic Hunter

34,765 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:26 pm
What goes on in the dark.

The feeling of not knowing what goes on in the dark is enough to send chills down anyone’s spine. Sitting alone in a living room with a knocked down wall that used to separate a second living room in order to make one sounds like a sweet deal during the day. At night however, it’s a whole different story. There are boxes everywhere and all the curtains drawn. The kitchen makes eerie noises that pop off in the middle of the silence of the evening. The floors creaking are enough to send a shudder down your spine. What is it about the dark that frightens people? The dark is very mysterious when there aren’t any lights on. You never know what is watching you. Holding its breath while you type away on your keyboard with the monitor being your only source of light. Your back is turned but if you look over your shoulder you may just glance something that wasn’t there a moment ago. It can be anywhere. Hiding in your precious plushie collection, in your closet, under the bed. Maybe even watching you from above in the corner of your room. You keep telling yourself nothing is there but in all reality you know something is there. Never allowing you to leave it’s sight as it continues to watch in silence. The images in your head could be something like a small unnatural child with jealousy and hatred in their eyes. Maybe it is something ungodly that only your wildest of imaginations can think of. Some deformed freak of nature with a disfigured jaw and twisted spine with gnarled fingers holding dirty cracked nails. Teeth darkened by decay and cavities with drool constantly coating their lips and jaw. You can laugh and say that your not afraid. The lights are on after all. That’s fine, it only means it can watch you more clearly. Those eyes hardly blinking and always staring at you. Music blasting in your ears or playing softly will be of no comfort. It’s only sound that will drown out it’s approach as it inches closer and closer to you. You may or may not feel the breath feathering your neck as you read over your posts and message your friends or check your e-mail. If you venture out of your room or wherever your sitting for a change of scenario or maybe something to drink, it will still fallow you. The stealth is enough to make sure you don’t see it, but you’ll know it is there in the dark watching you. That feeling that someone is watching you even though your alone is overwhelming. When you go to bed the it will be there in the darkness. At the foot of your bed, or at your bedside knelt down so that it is at face level with you. More sounds in the night that the house will make, if that is the house and not the thing that is waiting for you in the darkness to go to sleep so that it can crawl in with you and see to it that you never wake up again.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:27 am
A Winter Story

The couple both treaded on the snowy white path, hand in hand. The park was still and silent and the only sound to be heard was the soft crunches of their feet stomping through the snow. They both stopped in front of the snow covered statue of an angel as they stood still face to face. The girl smiled and asked if he will love her for the rest of his life. The boy faintly smiled and tightened his grip as he replied with a yes. The boy then lowered his head slowly and steadily to kiss the girl’s untainted lips.
A sudden chill ran up his spine as he slowly looked upward to the sky. He found the angel staring down at them with wide and bewildered eyes as its wings slowly spread over the young couple. The sky swirled a dark gray and the wind mustered a strong gust against his back. “You lie…,” the girl whispered. The boy looked back down to find the face of a rotten corpse, her eyes wide and full of madness within the dark hollows of her skull staring straight through him. Her grip was tight around his hands and the boy stood frozen still with fear. There was then a blackness that swirled furiously fast around them, until both were engulfed within the darkness…
“They were ghosts,” the boy whispers softly in her ear as a music box played, as the gears slowly turned, “they are only the ghosts of my past who hurt me.” He stood behind the girl as she sat on the red sofa chair staring straight through the huge glass window. It was snowing outside and she could see the silhouette of the angel statue close by. The boy then knelt down before her, his eyes staring upwards, the vision of her soft face in view. She gracefully looked down at her lover and lowered her forehead towards his. The gears stopped turning….
“Why do you lie to me,” she breathed, “In the end… I will be the one to haunt you.” The room seemed to breathe as she began to outstretch both hands towards her lovers head. She hugged him and stroked his hair, “I will forever haunt you. For the things you have done… To your ghosts… To me…Oh the bloody mess you’ve made,” she whimpered. The room seemed tattered and dust could be seen everywhere. The window was shattered; broken glass was spread across the bloodstained carpet. She held the head of the betrayer she loved close to her chest.
It was reported, recently, that two lovers had met a tragic end. A girl was murdered by her lover and as for the boy; his murder was soon committed mysteriously afterwards. Authorities could only find the boy’s severed head that was found on the ground next to an angel statue in a graveyard close by a mansion. There are reports of a white figure of a girl sitting on a red sofa within one of the mansions’ rooms and she was seen holding a severed head in her arms. The sound of whimpering and the soft sound of a music box could be heard during the nights of snowfall.  

messycat

messycat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 am
messycat
A Winter Story

The couple both treaded on the snowy white path, hand in hand. The park was still and silent and the only sound to be heard was the soft crunches of their feet stomping through the snow. They both stopped in front of the snow covered statue of an angel as they stood still face to face. The girl smiled and asked if he will love her for the rest of his life. The boy faintly smiled and tightened his grip as he replied with a yes. The boy then lowered his head slowly and steadily to kiss the girl’s untainted lips.
A sudden chill ran up his spine as he slowly looked upward to the sky. He found the angel staring down at them with wide and bewildered eyes as its wings slowly spread over the young couple. The sky swirled a dark gray and the wind mustered a strong gust against his back. “You lie…,” the girl whispered. The boy looked back down to find the face of a rotten corpse, her eyes wide and full of madness within the dark hollows of her skull staring straight through him. Her grip was tight around his hands and the boy stood frozen still with fear. There was then a blackness that swirled furiously fast around them, until both were engulfed within the darkness…
“They were ghosts,” the boy whispers softly in her ear as a music box played, as the gears slowly turned, “they are only the ghosts of my past who hurt me.” He stood behind the girl as she sat on the red sofa chair staring straight through the huge glass window. It was snowing outside and she could see the silhouette of the angel statue close by. The boy then knelt down before her, his eyes staring upwards, the vision of her soft face in view. She gracefully looked down at her lover and lowered her forehead towards his. The gears stopped turning….
“Why do you lie to me,” she breathed, “In the end… I will be the one to haunt you.” The room seemed to breathe as she began to outstretch both hands towards her lovers head. She hugged him and stroked his hair, “I will forever haunt you. For the things you have done… To your ghosts… To me…Oh the bloody mess you’ve made,” she whimpered. The room seemed tattered and dust could be seen everywhere. The window was shattered; broken glass was spread across the bloodstained carpet. She held the head of the betrayer she loved close to her chest.
It was reported, recently, that two lovers had met a tragic end. A girl was murdered by her lover and as for the boy; his murder was soon committed mysteriously afterwards. Authorities could only find the boy’s severed head that was found on the ground next to an angel statue in a graveyard close by a mansion. There are reports of a white figure of a girl sitting on a red sofa within one of the mansions’ rooms and she was seen holding a severed head in her arms. The sound of whimpering and the soft sound of a music box could be heard during the nights of snowfall.

Seriously you guys… it’s 500 words PLUS 35!!! D: (
I’m a FAILURE!... but enjoy (I hope).
Btw, the angel statue is based on a true urban legend, so if you’re interested here’s a link-->The Black Angel Statue Legend  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:07 pm
Mansion Killers

Marcia was seventy-five years old, living alone, in a large, somber, mansion and if anyone - or anything - decided to come in and hurt her, she would be killed with no one knowing for a very, very long time.
One night, the old widow, was reading, in the mansion she inherited from her late husband. Little did she know, the mansion is what killed her husband.
Suddenly, she heard a loud,strange sound outside, in her backyard. Loud sounds weren't very common near her mansion, due to the fact that she lived in the woods.
Again, she heard the noise, except at her front door. She realized it sounded sort of like a knocking, but a rapid knocking. Not just rapid, so fast,
it sounded like one knock started before one could end.
She decided to answer the door.
The second she unlocked the door, it got her. The attacker was a vicious looking creature. It has red teeth, a black tounge, and yellow, disgusting eyes. However, you could only see those few things, but even that, was scary enough to make even the undead scream of terror and run away. Marcia grabbed the nearest thing she could find, - a broom - and tried to plunge it into it's heart. It didn't have a heart. It went straight through him, or her...it. Right then did she realize it was a ghost.
Marcia thought it was stories her husband told her, about the attacking ghosts that could someday kill him, which they did, or anyone else that stepped inside the mansion.
She managed to slam the door shut, oblivious to the other ghost from the backyard. They made their way through the doors, windows, and walls. She was cornered.
Marcia was killed that very night, by the now-called, "Mansion Killers." No one knew she died for weeks, nor dare to tread near that house, nor the woods it is in.
She had a proper burial, in the cemetery where her husband was buried, in a plot right next to him. She may not have dies peacefully, but may rest in peace, hopefully knowing she will be with the man she loved.
About two years after her death, Marcia and her husband's
death were avenged. Ten brave workers came in and demolished the house. They witnessed the ghosts fleeing from the mansion as they were demolishing it. The ghosts, however, did not disappear, they simply relocated.They went to a river, who's name, now cursed, shall not be revealed. All I can say, is that some bad little children, cost themselves their lives, for doing something that seemed harmless. Stealing candy from a grocery store.
I guess the " Mansion Killers," turned, sort of good, but still evil. Not killing those who they could, but those who deserved it. Just remember, readers, make good decisions, and maybe, just maybe, if you ever come across them, they'll spare you your life. Now that you're aware, they'll
expect better from you, and yes, they know who you are. wink  

Stephanieo2000
Crew

3,050 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

Stephanieo2000
Crew

3,050 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:07 pm
Stephanieo2000
Mansion Killers

Marcia was seventy-five years old, living alone, in a large, somber, mansion and if anyone - or anything - decided to come in and hurt her, she would be killed with no one knowing for a very, very long time.
One night, the old widow, was reading, in the mansion she inherited from her late husband. Little did she know, the mansion is what killed her husband.
Suddenly, she heard a loud,strange sound outside, in her backyard. Loud sounds weren't very common near her mansion, due to the fact that she lived in the woods.
Again, she heard the noise, except at her front door. She realized it sounded sort of like a knocking, but a rapid knocking. Not just rapid, so fast,
it sounded like one knock started before one could end.
She decided to answer the door.
The second she unlocked the door, it got her. The attacker was a vicious looking creature. It has red teeth, a black tounge, and yellow, disgusting eyes. However, you could only see those few things, but even that, was scary enough to make even the undead scream of terror and run away. Marcia grabbed the nearest thing she could find, - a broom - and tried to plunge it into it's heart. It didn't have a heart. It went straight through him, or her...it. Right then did she realize it was a ghost.
Marcia thought it was stories her husband told her, about the attacking ghosts that could someday kill him, which they did, or anyone else that stepped inside the mansion.
She managed to slam the door shut, oblivious to the other ghost from the backyard. They made their way through the doors, windows, and walls. She was cornered.
Marcia was killed that very night, by the now-called, "Mansion Killers." No one knew she died for weeks, nor dare to tread near that house, nor the woods it is in.
She had a proper burial, in the cemetery where her husband was buried, in a plot right next to him. She may not have dies peacefully, but may rest in peace, hopefully knowing she will be with the man she loved.
About two years after her death, Marcia and her husband's
death were avenged. Ten brave workers came in and demolished the house. They witnessed the ghosts fleeing from the mansion as they were demolishing it. The ghosts, however, did not disappear, they simply relocated.They went to a river, who's name, now cursed, shall not be revealed. All I can say, is that some bad little children, cost themselves their lives, for doing something that seemed harmless. Stealing candy from a grocery store.
I guess the " Mansion Killers," turned, sort of good, but still evil. Not killing those who they could, but those who deserved it. Just remember, readers, make good decisions, and maybe, just maybe, if you ever come across them, they'll spare you your life. Now that you're aware, they'll
expect better from you, and yes, they know who you are. wink

508 words!!!!! Find out using http://www.wordcounttool.com/ biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:54 pm
gawd the deadline is midnight nothing in my mind im done for no stories well it was a good contest.....but o well i guess i have to see a good contest gone  

longlong815

5,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

neocruiser

6,675 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:10 pm
so uhmm... who won? in the other Halloween contests as well? confused  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:39 am
This is a true story. It is an abridged version. Some of the names have been altered
It started when I was a child. I had a stuffed animal called honey bunny. I always pretended me and honey bunny were husband and wife. I just had a feeling that honey bunny could hear me when I talked so I let him know everything I wanted in a husband. We used to do everything together. One day I brought honey bunny to school with me. I wanted him to meet all my friends. As I was sitting at my desk I realized that honey bunny didn’t like my friends at school. He didn’t want me to tell anyone about him. He was angry and jealous and his eyes changed color. From that day on my bunny rabbits eyes have been red.
It started with a dog being let loose in the classroom. Things just kept happening that day, things falling, just a bad day. I decided to ignore it because it was impossible… stuffed animals eyes didn’t change color and my stuffed animal was not radiating pure hatred. Honey bunny was a good rabbit… and he was important to me. I brought him to the show and tell circle and I waited my turn. I noticed a black stain creeping across the carpet in front of me. It started circling me, and I started feeling apprehensive. As I stood up the stain had almost completely encircled me.
That was the last time I played with my stuffed rabbit, but that was not the last I heard of my “Husband”
Years passed, and many other strange things happened to me in my youth, dancing with dust devils, a strange shadow in my window which would come and go without reason. Dreams which would come true. I almost always kept these things to myself, like a game I was playing with the forces of nature. It was just a game to me. I’d try to get it to snow and it would hail. I would try to get the wind to blow but it would never quite be right. One day I had a night mare, this had never happened to me before, even the “scariest” things in my dreams seemed like a game to me. I’d been chased by dogs and hunted in my dreams and found it for the most part exhilarating and exciting.
In my dream all was black and dark like void. In the void there were two green eyes, and the eyes became mine, but they were n’tgreen, the green was the tree’s as the eyes were looking at the forest below. In the forest were three girls, the prey, the one the eyes were searching for. One of the girls was me. I woke with a scream on my lips, a flutter in my heart. Whatever it was, was looking for me.
I didn’t tell anyone about this. Two days later in school my friends, the two I used to walk through the woods with started talking about a strange dream. They said they were walking through the woods when they looked up and felt something staring at them. They both said that it scared them and that’s when I told them about my dream. We stopped playing in that part of the woods. We stopped being friends.
Months later another dream…
A doctor was trying to get me to lay on a table. He kept telling me to trust him. Trust him, he needed to operate. My arms and legs were bolted in place by thick metal cuffs. I couldn’t move and all I felt was trust. I felt something move within me. A consciousness so vast and huge. It was soo much larger than mine and it was filling me. Pushing me out. I struggled I rebelled. I pushed it out.
The next day I felt like I could understand the entire world. I could understand physics, I could watch the relations between objects. I could see the world for what it was. I decided to use this new found awareness to understand people. It eventually overwhelmed me. It felt like I was being crushed by thousands and thousands of sad thoughts. People were so miserable, especially in middle school. I shut down. I denied everything that ever happened to me. I still dreamed of a man searching for me, and I was always running.
When I was a teenager my mom started renting rooms in our town house. I had several roommates. One of them was Shayla. After she moved in she started dream of this man. He held her captive in a tower. It was always the same man he had black hair and green eyes. … the same man from my dreams. He would tell her things… about children and marriage. My cats eyes started changing color. They started turning green. They could glow sometimes… day or night she would look at me and her eyes would be glowing. She started following me when I went out on my walks. I’d been found.
My senior year of highschool I met some people, Jake, Crystal, Andrew, Katie, and Hannah. All of these people accept Hannah could see spirits. They all learned how to communicate with them accept me. I could never seem to see anything or talk to any spirits but I did Know things. I could teach them how to do things… I don’t know how I knew I just did. I started practicing magic again. I could help them see clearer, know more things. I could give them access to information. They seemed to know what was going on with me as well. They told me that my cat was most likely possessed without me even telling them about the cats strange behavior. One of them Andrew started having nightmares about the man from my dreams. Scratches appeared on his back and arms. The same marks as in the dreams. At this point everyone was referring to him as my husband.
One after another the people in my life started being taken over by my husband. The first was Shayla. One day she stared at me and she wasn’t in there. I could see it in her eyes, they started changing in front of me. She didn’t say anything she just followed me as I moved with these intense emotions radiating from her. She lost half an hour of time, when she came back she couldn’t remember anything I had said. The next person was Jake, he stopped acting like himself. He started talking in Riddles as if laughing at the frustration we showed. We didn’t know what was wrong with him at first. His entire presence just Changed. He didn’t talk like he normally would, he didn’t hold himself right. Everything had changed and he, hated. This fierce loathing for the people around me, especially Andrew. He didn’t strike out this time… but the next time we weren’t so lucky.
The next time we were at his house and he had a knife. We each took a point around him in a triangle. It didn’t seem like the same person this time, this person was filled with hatred, but it wasn’t controlled. It wasn’t directed, and he would strike out and threaten anyone who got too close. We distracted him until the demon was drawn out.
Whenever I was around Jake, randomly he would start talking strangely. We couldn’t trust jake to be jake. More often then not he would talk like husband person. He would have this strange aura around him, and it felt like two people looking through his eyes or talking through him. I developed questions to ask whenever someone was possessed to see who it was. The answers were always personal and invariably the same.
After this Andrew had to go to New Jersey for the summer. The only way I could talk to him was over the phone. His dreams continued while he was there. He had more markings from the dreams and things seemed to be getting worse. One day drops of blood led from his bed to his back door, which stood open. Drops of blood led down the porch towards the woods. He followed the path to the woods where he saw the man with the green eyes. He couldn’t remember anything that happened after that point, but the drops of blood were still there in the morning and his grandparents asked him about it. A couple days later when Andrew was at the movie theater a stranger came up to him. They threatened to hurt him if he kept hanging talking to me. He was in a completely different state then me
At this point I had friends who were online. I used to talk to them over the phone everynight in the summer. I would call Crystal or Andrew, and then Kody, and then Alex as they lived on the west coast. I would tell them about the strange things that were happening, and Alex was trying to date me. After this started I couldn’t even talk to them anymore. The phone would cut out and I couldn’t speak to them or hear them. It was still connected though, and they heard a male voice threatening to kill them if they continued talking to me. One day I was talking to Alex, and he said that something was threatening him and all I could hear was him screaming on the other end of the phone. I stopped talking to my friends. I had to watch what I said, so that my husband wouldn’t become jealous. I couldn’t let people tell me they liked me. I couldn’t show interest or they would be attacked. Kody was next, he was threatened twice before being attacked.
I was in a living hell, I started being around females more. Spending more time with Crystal or Hannah. Hannah started writing strange things over aim one day. She started talking like my husband, I asked her my questions and she gave me the same answers as Jake. Latter she couldn’t remember anything she said, when confronted with the transcript she couldn’t remember writing it all she remembered was intense pain. She was angry with me though, she blamed me for what happened to her… the pain. The last time I hung out with her, she started coming onto me. She said afterwards she felt someone elses emotions and desires flowing through her. She lost control of her body, like a burning desire and this strange look entered her eyes.
She refused to be in the same room as me after that. She didn’t feel safe.
The last person to be possessed was Andrew. I started becoming furious at this point. Why wouldn’t he talk to me, just giving the same answers to the same questions! If he was soo obsessed with me why didn’t he confront me directly himself. Why wouldn’t he Tell me anything important! Why did he hate my friends or anyone I cared for! Why did I have this strange feeling… almost of love for this evil vile force which I felt practically crazy even for thinking might exist. I just wanted to deny everything! I couldn’t see this spirit. He was just talking to me through these probably crazy people. Who did know some fairly detailed personal information which I didn’t tell them. Who were screaming… and suffering because of me.
I lay in bed talking to Crystal. I feel so calm and happy. I feel so relaxed. In the back of my mind I see a triangle coming towards me. I’m in the center of the triangle. I feel as if something is coming for me. Many people are coming for me. I wonder why I feel so calm. I can’t seem to move. Shouldn’t I be panicked if I can’t move? Isn’t it odd to not be able to move. I feel as if a tremendous weight is holding me down. Pulling me back. I ask crystal “Shouldn’t I be worried?”
She tells me to get up, It takes me ten minutes to move five feet. Every move is a struggle. I feel like a great pressure pulling me back. I finally break free and leave my house. I put her and Andrew on three way. I ask them to look at what’s happening. Crystal says I look like I have a million needles sticking into me. I can feel pain every time she pulls one out. As I walk, skulking through my neighborhood I see these black vans driving around my neighborhood. I take every back road and side trail I know and I see about four of them total just as I’m trying to find a hiding place. I don’t know why there are soo many of them. I try to think that I’m just making a big deal out of nothing… but 4 black vans driving around at 1am…
She asks me to stand still for a moment so she can pull the pins out properly. It Hurts. Each one a painful p***k. Theirs one in my forhead… she tries to warn me she’s pulling it out… but it does no good. I feel it like an intense vertigo. I can’t help but puke as the recoil spreads through my body.
I hide and pretend I don’t exist. I just think it over and over again. I’m a happy little shrub, I don’t exist, I’m not here, I’m just a happy little shrub. None of this is happening.
I cut off contact with most of my friends. We stop talking. From that point on I’m never around more then one of them at a time and I just keep trying to be “invisible”
I Don’t Practice Magic. Not because I can’t… but for fear of what may happen if I do.  

Sinesthera

Partying Gekko

12,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Angeloni87

Heroic Hunter

34,765 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:39 pm
did anyone even enter the other Halloween contests?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:53 pm
Angeloni87

nope sweatdrop  

messycat

Angeloni87

Heroic Hunter

34,765 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:55 pm
messycat
Angeloni87

nope sweatdrop
gonk

that's a waste and a damn shame.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:31 pm
Angeloni87
I did! Well I entered this one and the zombie tektek one, but I decided to pass on the other contests.  

J_Skellington1

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
45: Ghost Story Contest (Halloween 2011 Resurrection Event)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games