Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Miscellaneous Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:10 pm
User Image
User ImageGryffindorFourth YearSeekerWriterPureblood

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

Romy flipped through the pages of the book, "Quidditch Through the Ages," hoping to draw ideas for becoming a better Seeker. His mind was focused anywhere other than the book he was supposed to be reading. He was supposed to be taking notes, but instead was doodling. It looked like two cartoonish people, a boy with a bow-tie and a girl in an elegant dress. He didn't know how he'd done it, but it kinda looked like himself and Anna. A slight smile flicked across the teen's face, then he doodled more. A light giggle came from his throat, a smile spreading across his face. His pen began to move faster, the teen laughing louder and bubblier. He only stopped because his pen ran out of ink. He tapped it lightly, then glanced at the maniacal doodling. It featured several other people now, some he knew, some just masqueraders. Why had he chosen that event to draw? It wasn't exactly a happy moment, but it was his first dance with Anna. He glanced at the book, having totally forgotten what he'd been doing. Oh well. A light pink was on his cheeks, a happy smile on his lips.

Wearing

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—Nevermore!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 am
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearSingleReserve Keeper

A few days after her visit to the hospital wing, where she had been diagnosed with nothing more than a simple cold, Minn was out and about again. Her brother had met her at the Common Room door and helped her carry all the books back to the Library, but quickly had to run off to class. The girl had decided to settle in the Library with an old book of his, one about a ship called the Titanic. It was quite... boring. It wasn't as exciting as she'd hoped, but she pressed on, determined to finish. She was doing good, at least. Though, every few minutes she had to stop and blow her nose or rub her eyes, then resume reading.

{OoC: Unless you have direct permission from both Gryffie AND Grey, don't interrupt. Thanks.}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
l i b r a r y ✖
m i n n ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

It was a grumpy, not-very-happy little redhead that swished into the library, chilly and more than a little uncomfortable with the cold. Looking around, Kas spotted a familiar face. Wasn't she the Gryffindor who had gotten a cold that one time? Walking over, the petite Ravenclaw gave a small wave. "I take it you've gotten at least a bit better?" he spoke with a wry smile, tone sympathetic. Motioning to the seat at the table, he asked, "May I?"

((ooc: closed.))

Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 am
User Image
User Image

Green eyes looked up from the words on the page to see a rather... familiar redhead. He was asking if she was better? Did that mean he was the kid who took her to the Hospital Wing? "Oh? Yes, a bit. My nose is all read from the constant fussing, though. But my fever's gone, so that's good." When he asked about taking a seat, she nodded happily, smiling, before blowing her nose daintily. "You'll have to forgive, but somewhere between the fever delirium and the few doses of Pepper-Up potion Remy made me take, I seem to have forgotten your name." She felt bad for not remembering, but it was better to wait a year or such and still not know!

Greycast

{OoC: Unless you have direct permission from both Gryffie AND Grey, don't interrupt. Thanks.}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:20 am

l i b r a r y ✖
m i n n ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Kas smiled lightly in thanks, taking the seat opposite Minn and making himself comfortable, raising his legs up and setting them onto the seat so he could hug his knees and rest his chin on them.

He was tiny enough and he would be damned if he didn't take advantage of the small fact to make himself feel better about his petiteness.

Nodding, Kas replied. "That is good," he replied, slightly solemnly. "Have you been sleeping well, though? I don't do very well with sickness and it disturbs my sleeping schedule," he shared, huddling in his coat still. The redhead felt a small cold breeze brush past the skin of his legs, hitting his flesh though the rips in his jeans. He sighed. Alright, so maybe he might have thought a bit more on what to don that day. Turning his attention back to the older girl, the de Assi shook his head. "Not at all, it's perfectly fine," he assured, playing with the cuffs of his coat. "It's Kas. Kas de Assi. You are Minn, are you not?"

Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:46 am
User Image
User Image

Minn smiled softly as the boy got nice and comfy in the chair. She would do the same, but she was in a long skirt. The boy asked about her sleeping, so she shrugged. "I've been sleeping well enough, I suppose. I managed well enough. Dhylly even let me take his jacket and wear it to sleep. It was longer than my nightgown! And the sleeves went all the way down to my knees, but it was warm and snuggly!" She beamed, happy that she had been quite warm and coy while tucked in bed. When he said it was fine that she had forgotten his name, she breathed a sigh of relief. "Kas sounds pretty. I like it! And yes, I'm Minn. Minerva Aimee Nolynn's my name." She beamed, her cheeks and nose still childishly pink, thanks to the lingering aftereffects of her cold.

Greycast

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:16 am

l i b r a r y ✖
m i n n ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Kas sighed in envy as Minn regaled him with her bed-comfort, which really was making him more than a bit jelly since most, if not all, of his clothes were generally thin and elaborately designed, with few he could pile on to actually feel warm enough. He had obviously not been thinking properly when he was packing, chucking all his less appropriate clothes in at the rage of anger his abhorrence for heat had caused and leaving no room for any winter clothes.

"That sounds so good," Kas sighed slightly longingly, hugging his knees closer to his chest. "I forgot to pack sufficient clothes for winter when I came back after the break," the small redhead huffed regretfully. "I was trying to keep things in line and completely forgot about it," he told her, still fiddling with the cuffs of his large coat. He'd even forgotten to nick some sweaters from Jaime.

Ugh, he was an idiot.

Smiling at the compliment, Kas bowed his head in thanks. "Many thanks," he smiled. He liked his name, as odd as it was sometimes. "Minerva? Like the goddess? It's a nice name. My full name is Kasdeja Allen de Assi," he said, a sheepish expression coming over his pale features. He paled in the cold, for some odd reason. "My first name isn't as graceful in it's meaning, I'm afraid. He was one of the angels of destruction. I think my parents simply liked the way it sounded."

Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 pm
User Image
User Image

Minn watched the younger boy get nice and comfy, smiling. "It's so comfy. I like to steal his jackets and stuff. They're so big and comfy!" She gasped when the younger boy mentioned he didn't have anything warm to wear, so she dropped the book and began rooting through her backpack. A few seconds later she stood, then hurried around to the boy's side. Before he could object, she wrapped a rather fluffy jacket over his shoulder. It was several sizes too big, but otherwise elegantly constructed. Sleek black with the faintest of yellow-gold accents, a zipper fob formed in the shape of a sleek N. It was clear the owner of this jacket had a bit of money to their name.

The girl walked back to her chair and plopped down, grinning happily. As he explained their names, she blinked. "I didn't know my name was a goddess! I knew it was my daddy's nana! And my middle name's the same as my mommy's! I like your name too, even it it is kinda scary..." she paused for a second, her brain finally registering the words. er cheeks went pink as her eyes went huge. "I am so sorry! I like your name, honest! It just means angel of destruction, and that's kinda... I'm so sorry!"

Greycast

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:05 am

l i b r a r y ✖
m i n n ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Kas was about to reply with a laugh when he was suddenly draped in a huge, huge something. Reaching to touch the piece of fabric- - - lifesaver- - - bright green eyes went wide, blinking first in confusion then something between mild horror and gratitude. Didn't she say it wasn't hers? And it was a bit big for her. A lot big, actually.

"Thank you, but," the redhead replied, still wide-eyed, looking at the older girl oddly. "I couldn't. It's alright, really," the Ravenclaw told her, making to take off the oversized and very comfortable article of clothing and hand it back to her, loathe as he was to do it. "It really is kind of you, but thank you," Kas said, smiling. And it really was. It was also alright, since he spent most of the winter, embarrassingly enough, sleeping and eating. His cousin and Donna had made fun of it when he was back at home, disturbing his 'hibernation' whenever they could.

"She was. She was the goddess of knowledge, I think," he leaned back, tapping a finger on his chin. "I like it too," he said, leaning forward and resting his chin on his raised knees, lacing his hands in front of his mouth so he could warm them as he talked. "He wasn't the only angel, just one. They don't know much about him, which is a shame, I think," he thought aloud. "I would have liked to know about them. And thank you again," he spoke wryly, the rings on his fingers clinking together as he thoughtfully rubbed his hands together.

Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:15 am
User Image
User Image

Minn frowned when Kas took the jacket off, saying thanks, but no. The girl stood instantly and walked back over to the redhead, before wrapping him tight in the jacket again. "Keep it. It's one of my brother's old ones. He won't even miss it! He has too many jackets as is. You need it more than him anyway." She nodded, then pat his soft hair before returning again to her seat.

The goddess of knowledge? She bet even Dhyl's name wasn't that smart! "I've never been compared to a goddess before! A spoiled princess, sure, but never ever a goddess! Thanks, Kas!" She beamed, looking happy as ever. He spoke more of his name, so she wondered where he'd learned all this neat stuff. "Where'd ya learn all this? 'Bout names and such? It's really neat!" Her green eyes were wide with curiosity, looking happy as always.

Greycast

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:47 pm

l i b r a r y ✖
m i n n ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Kas's pout turned further down into a small frown, still slightly hesitant at accepting the jacket, even if Minn had reassured him it was alright. It wasn't hers or his, after all, though the teeny, tiny voice was quickly diminishing as he buried himself further in the huge tent of thick fabric. "If you say so?" the redhead posed the question uncertainly, leaning back into the warmth. "Thank you, then."

The redhead stifled a laugh at Minn's expression, covering it with his hands. "No problem. My guardian's a history buff. An archaeologist," he explained, pulling one of the random books scattered around on the table closer to him, flipping through it absently. "He was back in England for the hols and I played sounding board to his ramblings while I was there. It's alternately amusing and exasperating at the same time," he mused, going back to what happened in the manor over the holidays. "Between that and ransacking the library at home, it's an educational soiree."

Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:28 am
User Image
User Image

Minn nodded and smiled at Kas' thanks, not minding a bit. Dhyl just got a new jacket anyway! His new one was black with yellow acc--... oh... oops. "No problem! It'll be just fine. You need it." Surly Dhylan wouldn't be too mad...

Minn listened to Kas speak of his guardian, which confused her. Where were his parents? "Guardians? Like... like bodyguards? Or like... not-parent... parents?" She blinked a few times, a bit confused. He mentioned having a library at home, so she giggled. "We sorta have one too, but it's under my brother's bed. He takes the books and hides them for later... all the time."

Greycast

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:03 am

l i b r a r y ✖
m i n n ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

The redhead smiled brightly, nodding his head in acknowledgement of Minn's statement. "When you need it back, just tell me and I'll have it over right away." The least he could do was be thankful, he was just given something that would ensure he wouldn't drink Hogwarts out of coffee. He normally liked how he was, but come winter he cursed his lower-than-usual body temperature, attempting to banish it to hell with creative insults that he was sure his cousin would have brushed his mouth out with bleach had he said them within earshot.

"Guardians like non-parent parent," Kas nodded solemnly, biting on a finger as he hugged his knees. "He's my cousin. He's gone quite often, though. He's a good person; less like a guardian, more like a brother," he elaborated. Perking up at the mention of books and beds, he nodded in understanding. "Don't they get dusty? It's sort of the same with us, but in this case, the books are everywhere. Half of the library is scattered everywhere in the house," Kas bemoaned lightly, remembering it. It was so annoying having to scour the entire manor just trying to look for one book, and he was underage and Jaime was a Squib, so non of them could Accio anything. Manual labour, it sucked.

Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:04 am
User Image
User Image

Minn grinned at Kas, glad he was agreeing to keep the jacket. Hogwarts got really, really cold in the winter, and the girl knew her brother had a knack of putting warming charms on his jackets, particularly when he played Quidditch. It was how he kept both lightweight and warm.

When Kas spoke more of his guardian, the girl listened attentively, smiling softly. So it was his cousin, but they were like brothers? That sounded nice. He mentioned Dhyl's books getting dusty, which was almost a laughing matter. "I suppose while he is away, they might. He always dusts them when he gets home because he doesn't like messes. Plus, he really, really loves those books. He loves all books." She nodded, grinning at the odd antics of her brother. He was weird, but he was family.

Greycast

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:43 am

l i b r a r y ✖
m i n n ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

"He does sound like he really does love them," Kas agreed, playing now with the overly-long sleeves of the large black and yellow jacket, amused at the way it fell way past his own fingers. "But dust is itchy," he complained lightly, bringing a hand up to cover his nose. It really was itchy, and it was horrible stuff. "I don't think people steal books, do they? I hid things I didn't want people to find under my bed, until I realized that they were more likely to be found if I hid them there than anywhere else." Here the redhead paused for a moment, remembering another reason for his stopping of sleeping in beds with spaces underneath them.

"I don't generally like the beneath of beds," he told her, getting into the conversation and leaning forward slightly. He liked the vibe he was getting from the older girl- - - like he could say anything, and it would be fine. "My cousin was an utter a*****e and when I was four, he told me that if I ever looked under the bed something would bite my face off." Well, he was a vain child, and he still was. It may have been partially his fault for taking Jaime's cuff-links, but he was four. Looking at the cuffs of 'his' jacket, he realized something. "This is your brother's isn't it?" he asked, slightly incredulously. "Is he a giant?" he continued, sort of in disbelief, attention focused on the size of it as he looked round the cuff, turning his covered wrist this way and that.

Even with his unnatural shortness, it was huge. He could possibly wrap himself twice.

Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items