Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How old were you when you knew you were Different? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistress of Monsters

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 am
I always thought I was straight since I like guys, but I realized that I was actually Bisexual since I started feeling a stronger attraction towards girls and guys when I was around 13 years old or so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:49 am
well i always knew that boys and girls grew up to make babies. when i was in 4th grade i was sitting on the trampoline playing truth or dare with one of my friends and she dared me to kiss her. i was kinda confuzed and i was thinking "ummm whats gonna happen with this? rnt boys supposed to kiss girls? o.o oh well ill see what happens..." so i kissed her. when we finished i kinda just sat there then i dared her to do it back. when she kissed me we didnt stop. not going into detail but it pretty much turned out with a 3rd grade girl on top of a 4th grade girl making out on a trampoline. i was confuzed about liking girls, but i knew for a facts that i liked guys. from 4th grade to 7th grade, i didnt tell ANYBODY what had happened. in 8th grade a group of my theater friends ((yes im a theater dweeb... ur jealous xP)) were talking about their first kisses. when it got to be my turn, i kinda studdered along the way, but thats when i finally came out and told them. so from 4th to 7th grade i was bi-curious and in 8th grade i came out as bi. right now im in 9th grade and high school makes it waaaaaaaay harder to come out because of all the s**t thats going on... but yeah.

anyway... im Renae, im 15, bisexual, single... pm me if any single ladies (or men) wanna rp wink  

Vamp_Bunny_23

Vilaira

Omnipresent Seraph

16,975 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 pm
Around 9 or 10 years of age, if I recall correctly. I found myself frequently fantasizing about other boys, but never about girls. I knew it was unusual, but this was before I found out from others it was "wrong" and all that crap. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it myself, as I thought the idea of two boys being intimate together was so adorable. Some of my male friends at the time, I'd sometimes dream about them, and think they were cute. I never admitted my thoughts and feelings to anyone though, as I was discovering that society seemed to frown upon those with such thoughts. Some even expressing a huge amount of disgust or hatred for it. Others would just spew either the "100% GUARANTEED AIDS!" or "Gays are going to hell" excuses. So I was afraid of anyone finding out. I eventually fell into denial about it as I got older, and tried to lie to myself that I was straight. Though I was never fully happy as I should be, being in relationships with girls. Deep down I still longed to be with another male. And whilst I do occasionally see attraction in some girls, in the end it always falls back to me wanting to be in a gay relationship. I'm 22 now, and am absolutely certain about my orientation. Even though many people still don't know, I'm no longer in denial, and am happy about who I am.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:59 pm
I believe I was around ten or eleven when I first realized that I didn't really like guys in the way the other girls did, but I figured that I was just developing differently. I was still convinced I was straight and just hadn't grown into an attraction to boys for a long time, despite doing things like watching yuri anime and wondering what kissing a girl would be like. The fact that I liked girls didn't even occur to me until one of my friends informed me she was bisexual, something that wasn't even on my radar at the time. I think I was about thirteen. I had myself convinced I was bisexual for quite a while, and that guys would start being attractive anytime now. However, at around fourteen I developed a huge crush on my female friend (turned out it was mutual), and slowly began to realize that I just didn't like guys, and that was that. I fully came to turns with it around fifteen, when me and the previously mentioned female friend began dating. We're still happily in a relationship, and both accept who we are.  

illuminati was here

Alien Friend

Ivy_sins

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:41 pm
I liked girls before I liked guys. I never thought I was different, I just thought I was normal since that was just how I felt. Since I was in preschool practically, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 pm
I knew and my parents knew I was different when I was very young I would have them buy me Jem and the holograms dolls,my little ponies,She-ra and rainbow brite stuff along side my He-Man ,transformers and Thundercats stuff. I would also try and dress in my female cousins clothes. The first time i had feelings for a guy was around 10 years old .Now I'm an out and proud gay man  

l Sailor Cancer l

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 pm
Actually, I was CONVINCED i was asexual for a looong time like from 5th to 8th grade, but go figure, I realized I was at 13 bi, liking BOTH genders XD. I never told anyone I was, untill last week though sweatdrop haha, last week was.. interesting  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:12 am
As far as realizing I was different, that happened when I was seven, though that has nothing to do with my sexuality XD

I am bi-gender (or gender-queer, whichever term you prefer to use) and I realized I realized I was bi in eighth grade, and realized I was pan-sexual about two years ago, around the same time I realized I was more than just a feminine male. when it occurred to me that I am just attracted to people, no matter what their gender is, so long as I found them attractive. How I learned I was bi was actually because of an attraction to M-T-F transsexuals and hermaphrodites. The thought of a female with male genitals was just so, I don't know, intoxicating to me, which led me to the realization that I was bi, and years later, that I am pan-sexual, and could care less what society thinks of me.  

Khaz-Keeper of the Dawn

Desirable Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

HeadlessMassacre

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

8,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:20 pm
Oddly enough I never really felt like I was "different." It was more like I had a moment of realization. I think was about 13 or 14 when I discovered the word "bisexual" when I was goofing off on... I think it was called quizllia. And I took a "what sexuality are you?" test, my results were bisexual. That was the first time I had heard that word and what it meant. I thought to myself "Oh so thats what it is called, that makes sense!" It explained my crush on one of my female friends even though I had crushes on guys also so never really questioned it much. It wasn't until later that I began to wonder if I was really pansexual. Lately I just use queer though, unless I'm talking to someone who I don't think will understand what I mean.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 pm
i fell in love with girl clothes and went to seattle and yeah... walah here i am biggrin  

juggalotwitcherz

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

peterrrrrrr

Lonely Perfectionist

18,575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 am
around 13-14. I noteced that I like guys, but I thought that only becouse I want be like they. I mean more taller, manful. Today I understand that I really like guys(and girls too, I'm bi) mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:23 pm
Hehe, I've never actually shared this story before, then again ever since I've joined this guild, I've come out more, and feel like I can express more of myself.

It was just around February (when I officially decided I was "different"), I went with my sister and her group of friends to go see a play at her school, and this play was a musical. Well on one of the songs, you know how they have all those backup dancers? There were about 20 girls wearing tiny little french maid outfits, all tight, fish net, high black pumps. Bam. There I thought (excuse my language) "Holy sh*t." That's when I knew. It was funny how it hit me so abruptly.
Though to say, ever since I was around 10-11 I knew there was something different with me.
Jus' a little odd story I thought I should share : )

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

VirtualooSnape

Toxic Shade

17,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:41 pm
I started questioning my sexuality around last year when a slightly tipsy bisexual good friend of mine kissed me numerous times on the lips while waiting on line for the opening of a restaurant. I can remember just turning red and feeling like my heart was racing and not knowing what to think. Initially I thought it was the ackwardness of myfriend kissing me but I actually am starting to realize I like it more than that. And she always likes to flirt with me in a teasing sort of way like friends do in front of other people and while I may be embarassed, I look forward to those moments. I just do not know mostly how to come out to myself, this friend being the first ever I told about questioning myself and she is supporting me all the way heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 am
I knew I was diffrent since I was in elementary school- I never understood why. People would treat me like I was stupid- staying away from me.
I think I started noticing girls at about 12- descided I was bi at 13.
At 15- I discovered I wasn't bi- I was a lesbian.
I'm still not 'out of the closet'
I'm 16 now  

Sinna Roll

Bashful Warrior

13,075 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff