Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[CLASS] Elements of FEAR (page 7!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:43 am
West gave their teacher a sliver of his attention when the older demon first began to speak, but it didn't take long before the boil only had eyes for Professor Proudfoot. Those jars... even if they only learned how to make jars scream, this class would be worth it.

"M'great grandmother did some magic," he said, slowly rising to his feet after Riyo stopped talking, his eyes still on that reaper with the bugs. Between this new kid, Yin, and Eve, West couldn't help but wonder if Amityville had been recently recruiting at the dump or something. "Least that's what I heard. She just used it t'piss ev'ryone off, so... fire, maybe? Air?" He supposed water could irritate as well, but it seemed a bit obvious to go around throwing dirt balls at people. From the little his relatives had mentioned in his presence, Granny Laan had been a classy lady before her unplanned disappearance. He flopped back into his seat with a sigh.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:13 am
Pepzilla

"Portable. Heat. Lamp." She made sure to pause briefly after every word, just to make it seem even more mysterious and awesome, since this cold-blooded student seemed as equally delighted by heat lamps as she was, "It'ssss lightweight and can be put into a bag! Than ssssaysss that it runsss on sssstored fear!" Ah, the wonders of technology!

With his familiar off making friends somewhere, Thanatos was growing slightly bored; it didn't help that the class turned out to be rather boring, although he had to admit that he had never seen anything like those elements-in-a-jar before... Also an element of cockroaches? Perhaps some of these people can be rather interesting, after all...

"I think," He said out loud, smiling at the professor before looking at his classmates, "I have an affinity for the element of surprise. And if I had surprised you, 'teach, I suppose it just proved my point."

Iizbot
ilu Imp. OuO

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:29 am
Shun's attention snapped towards the front as class started. He was immediately intrigued as the professor mentioned they'd be focusing more on the challenging things. The little demonstration gave him a fair amount of hope that this class would be more practical rather than theoretical.

As for the question, he took a moment to think it over. He had the ability to shadow step and other grims were known to have a shadow form, including Mot. There was a bit of a pattern there. If he had to lop it into one of the four listed, air was probably the closest. Not quite, though.

As one of the new Reapers spoke up to give his answer, Shun gave the guy a rather unamused look. Really.

Letting out a sigh, he faced the front, debating if he should actually give an answer. After a bit of mental back and forth, he grimaced and got up to his feet.

"As a grim reaper, I suppose I'm affiliated with shadows or darkness," he said.

iizbot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:04 am
"That does explain why we're such sneaky sons of witches," Roch agreed, glancing over at Shun. He didn't LOOK like a sneaky son of a witch, sitting there with purple hair and more silver piercings than half of the class combined, but he was one. "But is it just grim reapers? What about the other types?" he asked curiously.

Blade Kuroda

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:12 am
She did have a napkin! That was good, because Pickles could never find anything in his pockets. Being named after them probably wouldn't even help. He cleared the desk by refilling said pockets.

The rabbit had started to get nervous about the nearby snake, anyway.

"Am I?" he asked Hel.

With a flourish and a few folds and twists, the napkin became a rose. Pickles had been so absorbed in the task he didn't even notice the teacher had gotten up until one of the jars screamed. He almost dropped the rose.

Natural affinity? Pickles popped off his hat, reaching in and turning it inside out so it was a nurse's hat. He adjusted it before standing.

"Doctors are associated with Air and Earth," Pickles recited seriously, "because if you can't Helium, you Barium."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 am
Oh dear, there were plenty of students speaking up around the room. Michi didn't want to be the only one left sitting at her desk. Smirking slightly she lifted a hand simply and slowly let herself dissolve into smoke starting with it. She reappeared in her desk fully solid.

"Smoke is a byproduct of fire and air, if I remember correctly." If she was remembering the lectures from her mother completely. Lots of people were scared of fires, and of dying by smoke. And not being able to see monsters. At least that was something her mother had said... she was pretty sure. She looked around the class eyeballin those she didn't know. Other than Danny, that was sure a lot of kids. Being the last one in the room meant she didn't even know who was who because she hadn't seen who had written what name up. How awkward.

Iizbot

ktqueen

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 am

Zar gave Nuru a nod of greeting as the boil entered, glad at least of a familiar face. "Greetings." he stated just a little bit more formally than usual

He produced a notebook as the professor began to speak, holding the pen in his tail to take notes. He had to outright flinch however as the fire flared up in the incineration jar, at least that was one fear he tended to share with undeads, especially after his various run-ins. However the information was very interesting and the professor - who he'd wondered about the possible nicknames for - still had his most rapt attention.

He proceeded to turn the question on them, something which actually had Zar stumped for quite a bit, he wasn't sure what element he might have had an affinity for, he certainly wasn't much keen on water or fire. Though air he had to admit didn't daunt him at all, he wasn't perhaps able to fly from a standing stop, but his wings functioned just fine for gliding, falling from height wasn't something that troubled him at all, air was a friend.

Still, he had to fight not to freeze completely when his turn came, gulping anxiously as he folded his arms defensively, though still holding the pen poised in his tail.

"I erm. Possibly air? I can't fly but..its..the least.. threatening?" that was the only way he could explain it, air seemed most amicable, it was air he'd need to master if he ever wanted to actually be able to harm a soul with his wingfeathers too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:45 am
Edel caught the wink from the rather eccentric looking reaper alright (who actually seemed quite normal compared to Pickles), and the ghoul watched in slight amusement and horror as the roaches ran around and got crushed by the boil. There were really all sorts of people here.

The frost demon's gaze darted around the room as each person spoke, taking in the information (some helpful and others.... not so much) and trying to appreciate it. That was, until Pickles spoke. The ghoul had her head tucked away from the teacher's view, trying to stifle her laughter. A little bit of coughing and biting down on her lip later, Edel finally got up from her seat to talk a little bit about being a frost demon ... and ... being naturally affiliated with ice.

As for us frost demons,” she paused, demonstrating by forming large blooms of ice flowers on her desk, “Ice.” Edel sat back down, seeing no need to explain herself further. And if someone were to ask, yes, they were very good at creating those beautiful avalanches too.

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:03 am

Nuru took to quietly staring at Zar, not paying the instructor much heed at first but then Zar seemed raptly attentive to something in front of them. Laaazily turning his head only to blink in surprise at the fire as it was introduced and then seem more and more intrigued as each element was introduced after. Startling a little at the "wind" and then frowning somewhat at the question posed.

Certainly not fire. It's destructive all-consuming flashy nature was very different from his own. Then the water, it's unpredictable tendencies were a little closer, but no cigar. He couldn't even stand baths. Hmmm, earth - strong and patient... perhaps? Finally, there was wind. He might move like the wind... but...

"Earth." He stated while standing up. Smiling faintly to himself. It sounded even more right outside of his head.

"Quiet, patient, strong, destructive when it wants to be. Always sitting there, watching and waiting. I'm sure that fits me." And then he quickly sat back down.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:06 am
Diana sighed as the teacher had attempted to get the classes attention. Once the class was finally quiet the teacher started explaining about what they would be learning in this particular class. Diana was intrigued by the idea of learning about the elementals and elements. That actually sounded interesting, however she was a bit put off by the teacher's question. She may be a demon but she was an avarice demon of greed, what kind of elemental affinity could she possibly have? Perhaps air? She did have wings after all, and they could allow her to fly, just a bit. Biting her lip, she stood. "Um, I guess I would have two. Air, because of my wings..." she started with as she looked around the class. "And perhaps Earth? I am a demon of greed and tend to have an affinity to certain metals. That would be considered Earth right Professor?" she says as well, not sure of her answer. Then biting her lip again she sits back down hoping she answered correctly.  

Scott Eros Archer

Thieving Demigod

11,950 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
  • Divine Donator 100

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:34 am
Danny shot Edel a dirty look when she stood up. How dare she stand up and present information? She even had the GALL to create an ice thing right in class. What she wouldn't give to shoot a fireball over at Edel's precious little ice thing right now.

Pickles' (Pickls'?) joke went right over her head. With eyebrows furrowed in confusion, she nudged Roch and said, "I don't get it." Doctors didn't helium. What even was a helium?

When Michi stood up she smiled and gave her a thumbs up when she was finished. Fire AND air? Danny wasn't aware you could have more than one. As long as Michi didn't have any water in her, Danny was A Okay.

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:54 am
"Yes yes yes yesssssss" Bul hissed delightedly (Im watching you). The monster boil could feel his tail almost wagging now as his voice peaked in interest. "RUNS ON STORED FE-"

s**t, the teacher was talking. This was one of those JUST AT THE WRONG TIME moments and Bul had to lower himself in his seat and put a spined hand over his mouth, just to assure the professor he wasn't going to pipe up again while he lectured. "alright we should discuss this further sometime.." Bul whispered back to the snake just before it was coming around to his turn to stand.

However, his eye caught one lone cockroach not yet squished by the book. Jaaaaaaack... he groaned in his head and looked mighty uncomfortable. Oh how he craved the delicious crawly thing. The others went on agonizingly long and even Pickle's joke went unnoticed by the hungry half beast. His rper grinned though. A+

Then finally it was his turn to stand and Bul nearly froze as he stood up. The cockroach was at his feet.

"Well I am not terribly gifted in the ways of magic. I am magically very clumsy I will tell you that much, but I do have the ability to uhm.. to make snot." he held his hand up as if he would be greeted with laughter. "Which is viscous yet thin enough to PROBABLY DROWN IN if you were so unfortunate as to be strapped down on the ground when it happens."

Phew. His half assed magical talent sounded PRETTY DAMN GOOD RIGHT?

bilious

dragain

Iizbot

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 am
He…didn’t know what he was? Hel was at a loss. How could he not know?

The valkyrie looked awed though as he turned the napkin she gave him into a rose, though her attention snapped back to the front as well as the jar screamed. Oh wow…Hel was leaning forward in her chair once more, staring at all of the jars intently. As Pickles spoke up, she glanced at the reaper, her expression blank. Sadly…it went over her head as well. Chemistry? What was that? Wait…did his hat just change…?

Her gaze swept around the class room as the other students gave their input on possible affinities for elements, and it left her wondering. Did valkyries have a natural affinity for an element? She wasn’t so sure…like some students though, she guess she could have claimed air since she could fly…but…it wasn’t like she could manipulate it like Danny could fire or Edel could ice. Thus Hel stayed seated at her desk with a deep, thoughtful frown as she waited to hear more about the subject.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:06 am
In an ideal world, Edel would have casually leaned back on the chair, shot Danny a look that said U MAD? and proceed to be so damn smug about it.

In another alternate universe, she probably wouldn't have cared.

But today, the frost demon was just going to let Danny have some s**t and so she took half of those white, crystalline blooms, reformed them into a nice mini sculpture of their favourite flame demon taking a nice COLD ice bath in a tub, and let it sit right at the edge where Danny could see it. You should have seen the look on her face, that ice sculpture.

Have at it.

chimarii

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 am
"Um... I think it was a joke," Roch said to Danny, glancing back at Edel when she did and seeing the ice sculpture. He sighed, raising an eyebrow at the frost demon. Really, Edel? That was a bit childish for her--

"Wait, hey," he said, turning and whispering. "If we give you somethin' like slimeaid or pop could you turn it into sculptures?" he asked her eagerly. "Cuz if we put them on a stick, it would make an awesome ice pop!"

Yes, Roch, Edel was your walking snack machine. OTL.

Zyphiris
chimarii

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas