Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
History of Magic III (1/5) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 am
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
One more WORD and you won't SURVIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I SEE right through you any HOUR
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
Shuffling the CARDS of your GAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
Suddenly I will PLAY my ACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I won't soothe your pain: Neutral | I won't ease your strain: Review time again... | You'll be waiting in vain: Third Years | I got nothing for you to gain: History of Magic |
Wearing

As usual, Marina's hand was immediately in the air. Just because History of Magic wasn't particularly interesting to her didn't mean she was above attempting to earn house points. She also just liked answering questions correctly. "Well, last year we learned about the Ollivander family and their impact on wizarding society through providing better quality wands. Each generation of the family built upon the knowledge of the previous in terms of wandmaking." The redhead was confident she was right and smiled slightly.

Prejudice is stubborn and ignorance is hard.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
Felling any FOE with my GAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
STEADILY emerging with GRACE
Ahh, felling any FOE with my GAZE
Ahh, STEADILY emerging with GRACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 pm
Picture perfect, that's what it seems

Follow the leader, stay in the lines

They've got this whole thing figured out,

What will people think of what you've done this time?

We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?

Go with the crowd, surely somebody knows

Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

Why we're all wearing the emperor's clothes

·.·´¯`·.· rα¢ ¢α ·.·´¯`·.·

Wearing

®avenclawalfloodhird ear

User Image User Image
Gracie walked slowly into class, stumbling just slightly. Dark circles were obvious under her eyes even with her makeup on. She hadn't slept all week and she was sure to pass out soon if she didn't. It wasn't that she didn't want to sleep, she just couldn't. Every time she closed her eyes the same nightmares attacked her mind and broke her walls down. She couldn't stand it. She knew she could answer the question the professor posed, but she didn't have the energy or the want to do it. She simply took a seat in the class, not really paying attention to who she was near or what was going on. She didn't care.

OOC:...
User Image

Love Interest: No one For now

The days are fading

I'm gonna run like I've got the cops on my tail

Like they're one in the same

I'm gonna live my life like I'm out on bail

Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

I'm gonna be out front, gonna blaze a trail

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Cameron Rowley: Reserve Beater
Third Year: Gryffindor

User Image
If I Was Your Boyfriend..
I'd never let you go.

Cameron walked into the classroom Friday afternoon. He was going to sit next to Gracie, but he could tell she wasn't in the mood to talk or communicate with anyone. Instead, the boy sat next to Marina, the Slytherin girl who helped him in several classes for the past two years. "Hey," he said as he sat down. He looked up at Professor Powell when he asked the class to remind him what they covered the previous year. Although his answer was definitely not going to be any better than his friend's, he attemmpted to speak in front of the class anyway. This was something he did not do much. "We learned about the Deathly Hallows, which are powerful objects that are rumoured to be created by death." Cameron crossed his fingers under his desk. Please be right. If he was wrong, he was sure someone would make fun of him.

wearing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:17 pm
User Image
ℛufus ℑ. ℱlinker
Third YearRavenclawChaserHalf~Blood
User Image
ℜufus stood up and smiled “We learned about the other story's of Beedle the Bard” He really liked hearing more about the story's his mom told him.
User Image

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Shuffling into class, Dominic was far too preoccupied with quidditch to even be worrying about the days subject that was only half scribbled down in his parchment of notes so far. To be honest, he’d gotten instantly distracted the moment he dabbed his quill within his inkwell, and, at the first chance, began scribbling down notes of new plays he could run by with the captain, occasionally sketching a bludger down on the page as well.

His ear pricked each time he heard a voice, only to be sure that his name hadn’t been called out for some odd reason or other, there was nothing worse than having to look up from his notes of quidditch to realize he’d been pushed into the spotlight in class and the horribly fail. It hadn’t happened yet, and he was keeping his fingers crossed that it never would.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 13
History of Magic

╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:54 am
You shout it loud, but I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud, not saying much
I'm criticized, but all your bullets ricochet
you shoot me down, but I get up

User ImageUser Image

User Image Pureblood User Image Single

This was definitely a class Nell wasn't exactly looking forward to. She realized that we must learn our history or else it was doomed to repeat but could it possibly be a smidgen more exciting? Astronomy was more exciting and they were on a roof at midnight talking about myths and legends of stars. With a weary sigh she took the seat on the other side of Marina giving a curious look as to why Cam had decided to sit next to her Slytherin friend. The thought was knocked out of her head the moment the professor asked what they had learned last year, and after hearing her classmates pretty much cover everything she kept her hand down and tried to figure out a way to not fall asleep this year.

Wearing: Uniform | Where: History | With: Marina and Cam | Feeling: Bored | Thinking: Class has barely started and I'm already yawning | OOC:

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Third Year // HoM Classroom // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Bored
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why can't we learn something new?'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Adalaide sighed a little, leaning forward, quill in hand, doodling on the margins of her parchment. Review. Ick. How boring. Normally, she was really happy to come to History. It was a class in which the only expectation was that you pay attention. No pressure. She was good at remembering things, after all. But, if today was just a review... she really wished they were learning something new. Or taking a test on what they'd learned. Or something other than just simply going over things they already knew. Which, she supposed, was sort of silly, since that's all history class really was, but honestly, she didn't care. She just wanted to feel like there was a point to the lesson. Which, if they were just reviewing, she really didn't. She sighed again, looking down at her doodles. Or, sketches, she realized. She'd been drawing her cat. She smiled. It was a pretty good little drawing.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Schedule: Tran, DADA, Ast, Herb, Char, Pot, HoM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 pm
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Slytherin // Third Year // History Classroom // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Dominic
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calm
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Glad to be back... and to actually be able to focus.'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving

User Image

Damien took a seat with Dominic for the lesson, pulling out parchment and his quill to take notes. He sighed a little when the professor announced that they would be reviewing the lessons from last term. He really didn't need to take notes for that. Although, perhaps he should. He hadn't really been all there last year. Had barely paid attention to anything.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Schedule: Tran, DADA, Ast, Herb, Char, Pot, HoM

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Neutral | I won't ease your strain: How odd... | You'll be waiting in vain: Cameron and Nell | I got nothing for you to gain: |
Wearing

Marina glanced up as first Cameron, and then Nell sat next to her. Nell she understood, they were close friends, but Cameron? She barely knew the boy, even after two years of school together. All the Slytherin really knew about him was that he was a muggleborn in Gryffindor, who sometimes needed help in his classes, and that he'd had a crush on Caitlin for a long time. Not anymore apparently, because word on the street- or corridor, rather, was that he was dating Elli McHalen, Michelle's sister and Gracie's cousin. Anyways, she could count the number of conversations they'd had on one finger. But, it wasn't like she was bothered by his choice of a seat or anything. She was just surprised. The redheaded girl gave him an encouraging look, because he appeared to be crossing his fingers under the desk. He was right, of course.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Cameron Rowley: Reserve Beater
Third Year: Gryffindor

User Image
If I Was Your Boyfriend..
I'd never let you go.

Cameron half smiled at the two girls sitting on his left. He was sort of friends with Nell. He had no idea she had a crush on him, or whether she still does. Marina wasn't exactly a friend of his. More like an acquaintance or tutor.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:28 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, looked around to see that everything was ready, and picked up a piece of chalk. He wrote on the chalkboard, and when finished, turned to regard the class as a whole.

Professor Powell
Muggle Witch Burnings

"Hello class. Last time, we went over the subjects you studied last year to refresh any knowledge you may have lost over the summer. Today, we are going to go ahead and study the witch burnings of the 1600's.

"Now, as you are very well aware, muggles nowadays don't know about the wizarding world, due to either ignoring magic when they see it or passing it off as merely fantasy for children. However, that was not always the case. The International Statute of Secrecy was only enacted relatively recently within the last several centuries, which of course hides magic from the rest of the world.

"However, wizards and muggles did coexist at some point. For the greater bit of history, they worked together. However, at some point muggles began to distrust wizards, and some even began to fear them. It culminated into the infamous witch burnings that basically ran like wildfire across the world.

"The witch burnings weren't specific in who they targeted. Mostly, they actually persecuted other muggles who they believed to be a witch. Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case. Many of the witches and wizards they grabbed were muggleborn, and they were unfortunate in that most of the time when they were captured, it was due to uncontrollable acts of random magic they had performed.

"Contrary to the name, burning wasn't the only way they got rid of witches. Stoning, throwing them off cliffs, and even drownings were also considered to be acceptable ways to get rid of witches. Most witches and wizards who were caught actually didn't die, as they were able to cast some form of magic to get them out of the situation. One witch in particular found it quite fun to get caught. Wendolyn the Weird actually was caught a grand total of forty-seven times, mostly in different guises, because she found that the tickling sensation of casting a fire-freezing charm was actually enjoyable."

He sat at the edge of his desk as he regarded the class with a bit of a grin. "As I'm sure you have questions, please feel free to ask them, or if you wish to discuss it, that's perfectly fine too."

State: Teaching
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:16 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Neutral | I won't ease your strain: Those poor muggles... | You'll be waiting in vain: Third Years | I got nothing for you to gain: History of Magic|
Wearing

Marina was mildly interested in this topic. The stupidity of humans beings in general, both muggle and magical, never failed to amaze her. She shook her head slightly as she listened to the rather horrific ways people were killed. She could recall reading somewhere the burning and drowning were two of the worst ways to die, and she couldn't help but agree. At least if you were thrown off a cliff you died upon impact, or if you were really lucky you passed out while falling and didn't feel a thing. The third year wondered how the witches and wizards that were caught had been caught in the first place. Surely it would be had for a group of muggles to capture an adult witch or wizard. Unless, of course, they were like good old Wendolyn, who liked burning.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:11 pm
With a thousand lies

Tell me all your plans and I'll laugh back in your face

And a good disguise

Preach me your religion if you're dumb enough to pray

Hit ‘em right between the eyes

Look what I became, honey

§ ··¤(` ×[¤ i¢h ¢αʇiא ¤]× ´)¤·· §

Wearing

ஆ৳»§lytherinஆ৳»קurebloodஆ৳»Ŧhird Yearஆ৳»
Volare

User Image User Image
Michelle for once was actually showing up to the History class. She was a bit late... but still at least she had decided to show her face. She quickly wrote down a few notes in her elegant handwriting before leaning back in her chair and yawning.
User Image

When you walk away

What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say

Searching for disaster

See the lightning in your eyes

Watching my whole life flash in front of my eyes

See ‘em running for their lives

Dressed up as a life

Picture perfect, that's what it seems

Follow the leader, stay in the lines

They've got this whole thing figured out,

What will people think of what you've done this time?

We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?

Go with the crowd, surely somebody knows

Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

Why we're all wearing the emperor's clothes

·.·´¯`·.· rα¢ ¢α ·.·´¯`·.·

Wearing

®avenclawalfloodhird ear
~Reserve Chaser~

User Image User Image
Gracie slipped into class and listened dutifully to the lecture, taking notes to stop her mind from wandering. She much preferred listening to lessons on the past then having to think about her own past. History of Magic was quickly becoming one of her favourite classes. The past was interesting for one, and it also helped her come to terms with her own past in some weird way. Not to mention the fact that there was very little talking during the class because everyone was either listening to the lecture or falling asleep.

User Image

Love Interest: No one For now

The days are fading

I'm gonna run like I've got the cops on my tail

Like they're one in the same

I'm gonna live my life like I'm out on bail

Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

I'm gonna be out front, gonna blaze a trail

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items