Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
History of Magic V (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:52 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ slipped into the classroom, obviously late, and quietly took her seat when Professor Powell had his back turned. Hey, she could try to be sneaky, couldn't she? The Hufflepuff quickly scribbled down what was left of the notes. She would have to review later to keep up in this class. Seeing as she missed most of the lesson, she didn't have any questions. She did find Albus Dumbledore to be a rather interesting person, from what she got down of him in her notes. The girl would need to get a watch to keep her from being late again.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:49 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson got the classroom ready for the next class as he considered this group of students. Please don't let it end up like last time he tried this, he thought. Frowning, he flicked his wand, which had suspiciously been found in a vase on his desk (how it ended up there, he'll never know!), and caused the desks to rearrange themselves in a circular fashion. There, hopefully he didn't have any issues, otherwise he was probably going to be canned for having yet another argument break out in class. That would of course be terrible, to be honest.

"Hello again class. Today, we are going to have an open discussion. Now, the rules are quite simple. No opinion, no matter how outrageous it seems, is to be attacked for any reason. Two, there are to be no arguments. Should one erupt, this lesson will end immediately and I will dock the offenders points. Three, we will respect everyone here. There will be no flinging of insults, no calling anyone mudblood, or the like. That is offensive in the extreme, and one I take personal offense to. Otherwise, please stick with facts, and have an open mind in this discussion.

"Now, the topic for this discussion is Albus Dumbledore. We discussed him in last class, and this one is reserved for questions and opinions. Please, don't be shy. Go ahead and start whenever you're ready."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: Powell's gunna die with this idea XD

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 pm
User Image
User Image
Fifth YearHufflepuffSeekerVice CaptainPrefect

Ariana smiled when Professor Powell said that no opinions were to be attacked. Even the super outrageous ones that wouldn't make sense to some people! Perfect! she thought, a smile spreading on her features. That meant no matter what came out of Ariana's mouth, no one could say anything about it. "You know how Albus Dumbledore had a sister named Ariana?" The girl couldn't help but giggle at the fact that she shared the same first name with the Powerful Wizard's sister. "I think that if that whole thing with the muggle boys didn't happen when she was six, she wouldn't have gone mad. Oh, and she was pretty!" she added, a smile still playing on her lips from when she laughed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Format by MissMoony13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:00 pm
A notice has been pinned to the front of the door.

"Until further notice, History of Magic shall be closed to classes. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:45 pm
User Image

User Image

Agnar walked up to the door. It was his first day teaching. Apparently the school needed an emergency teacher. Something about the current professor being indisposed. He of course noticed the notice and took out his wand. A quick tap incinerated the note, and he watched dispassionately as it fell to the floor. He smirked. Well, this was a good start.

Opening up the classroom, he entered and took stock of what he had. Plenty of books, tomes, and assorted historical paraphernalia littered the room. He was advised not to touch the layout, so the new professor set about working on the board. When he finished, he straightened up the room before standing in front of the classroom. The room seemed darker, more sinister, and he preferred it that way. He waited for students to enter as he flipped idly through the class syllabus and cocked an eyebrow. Well, he had to teach as the school stated, but that didn't mean he was going to be easy on the students.

Professor Bjelke
Professor Agnar Bjelke

Lesson I: Albus Dumbledore

"Hello class, and welcome to class. I am Professor Agnar Bjelke, and you shall refer to me as professor or sir. I do not tolerate laziness, rudeness, or ignorance. If you do not know an answer, stay quiet and let those more intelligent than yourself speak. Now, before we begin lessons, I will state this much. Interrupt me, and you shall end up in detention. Do I make myself clear?" He glared around the room, daring anyone to speak up before he launched into his lecture.

"Today, we're going to discuss probably the most overrated headmaster that ever served Hogwarts, as well as the rest of the wizarding world. Albus Dumbledore. Yes, I can hear some of you now wanting to dispute that claim, but I don't care. I am here to teach, you are here to shut up and listen.

"Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer, was the Transfiguration Professor, and later Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Professor Dumbledore also served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He was a half-blood wizard, the son of Percival and Kendra Dumbledore, and the elder brother of Aberforth and Ariana. His father died in Azkaban when Dumbledore was young, while his mother and sister were later accidentally killed. His early losses greatly affected him early on, even at his death, but in turn made him a better person. Albus Dumbledore was considered to be the most powerful wizard of his time. He was most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicolas Flamel.

"It was through Dumbledore that resistance to the rise of Lord Voldemort was formed, as it was he who founded and led both the first and second Order of the Phoenix. Due to the fact that he had a keen mind and legendary power, Dumbledore became the only wizard that Voldemort ever feared. He was the wielder and the master of the Elder Wand from 1945 until 1997 and considered by many as the greatest Headmaster to ever grace Hogwarts. As he was about to die by a cursed ring, he planned his own death with Severus Snape. Though he was no longer alive at the time, it was through Dumbledore's machinations that Voldemort was ultimately defeated and peace restored to the wizarding world. He is the only Headmaster that was laid to rest at Hogwarts. Albus Dumbledore's portrait still remains at Hogwarts."

He glared around, daring the students to say anything. He hated children, and this lot he doubted would be any better than vermin to him. "There is no homework, as any more drivel I may hear about this man may induce me to vomit. Leave."

-----------------♛-----------------
State: Hard
OOC: No homework for this class razz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron walked into the History classroom. When he saw some old man there instead of Professor Powell, the boy cocked an eyebrow but didn't say anything. Instead, he proceeded to his seat. Throughout the whole lesson, Cam made sure not to say anything. He didn't want to have to deal with this professor in detention. When the class was not assigned any homework and instead, ushered to get out, the boy grabbed his things and fast walked out of that room.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 pm
User Image

Steele Thompson III

Hufflepuff|5th year|Muggle-Born|Ariana Hawthorne

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele walked into the class, watching as the teacher had began his lecture. He must say...what an opinionated person he was. Overrated? Based on the lecture at hand, it just about sounds as if the wizard did everything. So, in theory, he was overrated because the Professor thought he was. And that was history class for you. History is not objective. It is subjective, or based off the eyes of the beholder. So, Steele did not think that Dumbledore was overrated but the teacher did. Just because the Professor said something, does not make it true, for history would not be history without opinions. So, Steele did not roll his eyes like the rest of the class. All he did was remember the lecture his Muggle teacher gave him back before he was at Hogwarts. And when the teacher went to finish, he walked over to the teacher.

"I know, you do not want to talk about him, but I wanted to inquire directly why you think so lowly of him. Not because I want to contest but rather because I am interested in your viewpoint," he asked the teacher, hoping he didn't get some kind of tongue lashing, but he expected a tongue lashing so anything better than that would be a success.

Will I ever be the same?

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:33 am
Who's gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Who's gonna HELP us SURVIVE
We're in the FIGHT of our LIVES
And we're not READY to DIE
Who's gonna FIGHT for the WEAK
Who's gonna MAKE 'em BELIEVE
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FIFTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
It's just another war: Annoyed | Just another family torn: Creepy old git... | Just a step from the edge: Fifth Years | Just another day in the world we live in: History of Magic |

Marina got the creeps from this new professor the instant she walked into the classroom. Apparently Professor Powell was asleep and wouldn't wake up; and the mysterious affliction had affected several students as well. The redhead wasn't quite sure what to make of the whole thing, but something was definitely up this year. She could feel it. As soon as Professor Bjelke started talking, her dislike for him only intensified. He didn't even allow for discussion or questions, and he practically ordered them out. Fine, then. She was happy to go anyways. Shooting the old man a glare of her own, she walked briskly out of the class, not at all happy with the new teacher.

INTELLIGENCE without AMBITION is a BIRD without WINGS

I'm gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Today I'm SPEAKING my MIND
And if it KILLS me TONIGHT
I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY
My VOICE will be heard TODAY

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious at History of Magicspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Isn't he a sixth year? And he needs to shut his mouth, he's going to get in trouble!' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide took a seat next to Marina, shuffling uncomfortably in her seat under the stare of the new professor. She'd heard rumors about something happening to the students, and that it'd actually started with Professor Powell... which was awful, because she really liked Professor Powell, and this guy creeped her out. She took out her things and took notes on the lesson, not really liking what the man had to say. She wished that Powell was here to give the lecture instead, it would be a lot less biased and a lot more informative, she thought. But, she wasn't daft enough to say anything... unlike Steele. She wanted to slap him when he asked about the Professor's opinion on Dumbledore. Really? He'd said for them all to stay quiet, take the notes and leave. No where in there was there any indication of 'let's talk about this!' She sighed. He was going to lose them house points, she knew it.

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:43 pm
Back to the street where we began
Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
It looks like the end of history as we know
Yeah we're feeling so good
It’s just the end of the world

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect User Image

Wearing | Where: History Classroom | With: Class | Thinking: He's on his ruddy own! | OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell walked quickly into the classroom, late and kicking herself for doing so just because they hadn't had a lesson last week. She took the empty seat besides Ada and flashed grins and both her and Marina before taking in the stern older man teaching them today. She gulped as he barked out his instructions and practically kept her eyes on her parchment as she scribbled all she could from his quick lecture about Albus Dumbledore. It didn't take a genius to see he wasn't fond of the man so when he dismissed them she could honestly say she was one of the firsts to try and jump up and nearly run out before Steele decided to push the limits and ask why he didn't like him. Nell very nearly dropped her head on the desk in defeat and near embarrassment. She swore this wasn't going to end well and she was not going to stay and see it. Without another look towards the boy she left and hoped Hufflepuff wouldn't be in the negatives by the time he decided to take a breather in reality.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPrefect

Dhylan blinked at the substitute professor. He sat quickly, then slipped a pen and notebook from his satchel. As the lecture started, he quickly wrote notes, glancing at his book as well. After the mad had finished, Dhyl's pen kept scratching about, writing a few extra notes for his studying. He had always loved History, so he figured the OWL would be fairly easy... but he was still going to study until his fingers bled and his brain melted out his ears. Blue eyes flicked back to the textbook, reading a bit more, then he tapped his pen lightly against the arm of his glasses, thinking. When the man told them to leave, he looked up, confused. What the heck did they do?! He blinked a few times, then closed his book and began packing his things. This new professor seemed terrifying, but at least he knew what he was talking about! The black haired teen didn't think he could handle having to listen to drivel by a person who had no idea what they were saying.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:43 am
User Image
You see, you'd love to run home, but you know you ain't got one
Cuz you're livin' in a world that you're best forgotten
When you're thinkin' you're a joke and nobody's gonna listen
To the one small point I know they've been missing around here

User Image

Rick entered the classroom and took a seat. Immediately his thoughts went to his mum as soon as the professor started speaking. Why? Well, the guy gave off the same creepy nasty vibe that she did. Well, without the crazy part. When he told people to leave, the redhead was happy to oblige, packing his bag as quickly as he could. He couldn't wait to get out of the class, but almost buried his face in his hands when he heard an older classmate speak up. What? Didn't the professor say he didn't want to hear anything more on Dumbledore? Rick halfway expected the older man to crucio the teen for his question. Maybe he was a bit paranoid after being tortured by a psycho, but honestly, pushing someone that obviously disliked kids was asking for trouble. Rick stood up and left, not wanting to watch the aftermath.

Thinking: Oh God, he's going to torture him for that, I know it.
OOC: ...

Jinx

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:59 am
User Image
Can't help if I space in a daze,
My eyes tune out the other way,
I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image

Rose entered the classroom, only to suddenly want to turn around and leave again. Who the heck was this guy? She didn't know him, and certainly thought that the old professor was a lot better than him. She forced herself to sit next to Nell and proceeded to doodle on a sheet of paper instead of taking notes. After all, why should she care about the subject if he didn't? When he finished and dismissed them all, she was all too eager to jump up along with Nell and leave... right up until Steele opened his mouth and spoke. Wasn't he the git that asked dumb questions during the Opening Feast last year? She wanted to smack the boy for being dumb. Without another glance back, she grabbed Nell's arm and made for the exit. If nothing else, she didn't want to be the one that decked Steele for being stupid. Okay, so maybe a little bit. But still, not in front of a professor!

State: Annoyed
Taken With: Chantale Ellis

In this head my thoughts are deep,
But sometimes I can't even speak,
Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 am
User Image

User Image

Agnar glanced up as he heard a student speak. Really? So, someone decided to disobey a professor that truly didn't wish to hear anything more? Did the boy think he was going to get extra credit or something? The old man cocked an eyebrow, eyeing the poor fool. "I believe that shall be fourty points from Hufflepuff, and a detention in your future, mister... Thompson? Quite a muggle name. I would suggest you especially keep your mouth shut, since it seems that the rest of your class is intelligent, while you seem to be severely lacking in that department."

State: Hard
OOC: He did warn you.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:14 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

""Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

State: Teaching

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items