Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Role-Playing--Elite
Within These Walls ((Open 9/28/12)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:34 pm
"I'm not certain. Perhaps the word 'demon' is simply a broad term for things that scared the shite from our ancestors," Tobias said dryly. "At any rate...it feels like its gone, now. Horrible thing...." He sheathed his knife, re-placed his loose arrows into his quiver, and stowed his bow, too. "My name is Tobias Forthwind. I come from the Boscage, if you've heard of it. I make a...hobby of searching for these sorts of things. Until now, however, no story I have chased has proven to be true."
He climbed up the metal framework of the waterspouts, taking care not to put too much weight on any one metal bar or pipe. He wiped at the grimy glass of the dome with a furred sleeve, and peered out into the night.
Two things bothered him about what he saw. Firstly, the wights had all vanished in the wake of the shadow. Secondly, the moon was full...and that was definitely not the way it had been the last time Tobias saw it. He related those observations to his new allies, after introductions were finished.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:06 pm
Eve introduced herself and explained that she had come to the asylum with her companions looking for Tesra's father who had journeyed to the asylum some weeks before and had never returned.
"I wish we had never come," remarked Tesra as she applied an oily substance to the cut on Galiel's forehead. Galiel grunted, no one could tell if it was in agreement or not.
"So... What shall we do now?" Eve questioned, pacing around the room. "We can't just stay here, but that creature, demon or whatever it is, may still be around." Her voice broke slightly as she voiced the last few words. She folded her arms around her body, shuddering as she remembered the horrible feelings the thing brought with it.  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm
((Where did everybody go?))  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm
((We went on a pudding run.))

"Daniel and Shania Goldenlyre. We hail from Rostirion and wished to investigate the rumors of this place." Daniel said, taking care of the pair's introductions as he shifted a little uncomfortably in place. Underneath his armor he was mostly dry, save for a few drops that ran coldly down the middle of his back. He grimaced at the racket it caused in the otherwise quiet gloom.

Ruskie's sword made a scratching sound as he sheathed it. "I am Ruskie Terragut," he said with a wide smile and tip of his hat before hooking his thumbs on either side of his belt. "Just a bard looking for adventure. Looks like we're in for some, too, if I'm not wrong." His eyes found the elf that he'd talked to earlier, an arrow was still nocked despite the fact that he aimed in downwards at the stones. "And that's Tarbel'en "Knife-Ears" Lianse. He doesn't talk too much..."
"My reasons for coming are my own." The weathered elf shot back with a stern look to the halfling. Then he spoke to the man who'd clambered up to the glass dome. "It was not nighttime when we arrived, but now because of recent events I am not so sure that it was daylight either..." He trailed off, a troubled expression on his face.

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm
((Oh. Well, make sure you save me some.))  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:15 pm
"Well looks like you all are okay then. My name is Araion Tradenale." Araion said as he looked around at everybody. He then saw another person that he did not see before a human female by the looks of it. "Hey miss you okay over there."

Atura snapped out of her petrified state when a elf was calling to her. "Y-yes I am alright. Forgive me, my name is Atura Truesdale nice to meet you all."  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm
"So," Tobias said after climbing back down. "Escape is clearly not an option. Our only choice is to forge ahead. To what? I know not. However, something occurs to me." He flattened himself against a wall, and listened outside, to ensure that nothing else was coming for them.
"That...thing...the shadow...it possesses terrible power. If indeed you can refer to it as such. Its...influence...is unlike anything I have ever encountered. It threatens to rend soul from body, and to shred the mind...to break us into our basest parts. So...if it has not already destroyed us, as we all know it is capable of doing, then that must mean that it is not the only thing pushing to influence us here, then, the way I see it. Do you agree?" he asked anyone and no one in particular. Whoever was listening.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:33 pm
((hehe i noticed the that Tyler, Rachel, and me are putting a dark theme to our avatars. is it because of this rp ooooooo surprised  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:47 pm
A dumbfound look planted itself upon Dæmon's face as he heard the reclaims of his allies. "Would you lot listen to yourselves now?" He wiped the now-clean walls. "That black muck was just that, muck. We did not notice it until the moon shone on it and the rain washed it away. This talk of demons is ridiculous." Dæmon then bent over the body of the dog to pick it up. With this action, he brought the corpse over to some dry dirt not being used by the old plants in the greenhouse. Dæmon opened a shallow grave to place the body within. He then covered the shriveled dog up and turned back to the party. "Damned if I'll let the fact that we're stuck here separate us from civilization. Control yourselves now."  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:00 am
Ararion tuned into the conversation saying, "Well I saw that thing come towards the greenhouse then cover the greenhouse. So I would not rule out the possibility of it being a demon."  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:07 pm
"What you say would be words of wisdom, friend Giant," responded Eve. "But I saw, or thought I saw, whatever was on the walls pulsing." Her voice faltered slightly as she realized that what she was saying sounded crazy. She had been sure that she had seen it, but that's impossible, isn't it? "Did no one else see it?" she whispered, looking away from the group.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:54 pm
Atura stepped forward toward the group then responded to Eve's question saying, "Yes not only did I see it pulsing but I felt a great darkness from it. It was a terrible feeling I just hope the the water actually killed it."  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:09 pm
"I saw it," Tobias said harrowingly. "I cannot explain what it is...but it is not dead. It'll be back." He took a moment to think it over. "I chase things like this for a living...so far, I've only been chasing figments of peoples' imaginations. Stupid people, mind you. But this...this is different."  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:29 pm
"How can you tell us to control ourselves when we just barely escaped those...things outside?" Daniel shot bitterly at the giant with a sweeping gesture at the door they'd entered through. It had not been barred or barricaded, which struck him as strange. A shudder coursed through his body as he recalled the recent sight of the strange shadow. "Ignoring the disappearance of what you call muck, have those shambling creatures broken into this place yet? By now, they surely should have swarmed and trapped us in here, but they have not."

"Daniel, could it not have been only a trick of the light?" Shania mumbled, turning to look at him with her smile fading as easily as it had come. Her pale hand grasped at the ankh worn about her neck as her eyes filled with fear and uncertainty again.

The man shook his head as her free hand reached for his, their fingers intertwining. "I agree with Tobias. Such a thing does not die easily, even if it is harmed by water."  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:08 pm
"Well, that's good... I was afraid for a moment that I must be going crazy." Eve sighed, relief evident in her features.
She squinted up at the ceiling, the dripping of the sprinklers had slowed noticeably. "I also agree with Tobias. If it killed the monster, that would be great, but... If it didn't, we should move on soon. The water's running out..."

Galiel stuck his ear to the door, his eyes closed as he listened. "All's quiet outside now," he remarked, pushing away from the door. "If we're going to make a move, now would be the time to do it."  
Role-Playing--Elite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff