Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 18. ✿ - - - Books
post what book your reading ~ Tell us what you thought of it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mahou prince

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:02 am
User Image

I am reading the fantastic Fellowship of the Ring!
Reading it in Swedish though since the English
one is too hard to understand. x_x

But so far, I'm loving it! Have only read about 160
pages and the real journey hasn't begun yet.

Sadly, I only read when I really, really, really feel like
it, which doesn't happen too often. Or when I'm at my
bf's house and I have nothing to do, which rarely happens
nowadays. D8 So I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever finish
the book series. xD

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 am
Native Son by Richard Wright.
I've been reading it for a good 4 months now. It's a really good read, but it's not what you call absorbing or captivating. It's something you can read for a bit and put down for a while. That's my humble opinion, anyway. I'm nearly done.
I find it interesting how the main character, Bigger, is both a protagonist and antagonist. I don't like the character at all, and it's hard to sympathize with him as a person, but I really didn't want him to get caught.

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250

Yonakii

Rainbow Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 pm
Tricks by Ellen Hopkins. Almost finished, and I really am into it. Each character has their own unique story, and it makes you want to know what happens to them at the end.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:59 pm
I've just finished reading The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett for the second time. I got really annoyed and disappointed the first time I read it because it ended on a cliffhanger and I wasn't aware that there was a sequel. Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic (the sequel) are very good though blaugh  

Wolf-keybearer

Sparkling Shapeshifter

16,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 pm

just finished reading the Da Vinci Code and began reading it's sequel, the Lost Symbol.

well, I thought it would be a stellar read since it's an international bestseller and stuff, but it was just ok to me. Maybe because I've already watched documentaries about the Holy Grail and Freemasons so it's not very interesting to me anymore or something? It's also a very long, long story as well, but it's ok. Gotta hand it to Dan Brown for his accurate research for these two books.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 am
Currently reading Disappearing Moon Cafe by Sky Lee because it's for English Class.
It's not that bad, you get different perspectives of the story and it's constantly switching. This book really makes you think, you may think it's simple but there's really a lot more to it.

wahmbulance PS: Right, for this book you have to be able to handle messed-up family trees with people cheating on each other and incest. Just a heads up.

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

AwNellie

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:36 pm
I just finished "I Am Number Four" last night. It's a really great book. I cried at the end. x) Can't wait to get the next one in the series.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:28 pm
House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III.
I'm maybe on page 5 so far. I found it at Value Village a while ago and I've been in a reading slump lately. I haven't seen the movie but when I asked my mother what she thought of it her reply was, "It made me want to kill myself." Should be an interesting read.
I'm also reading Forensics for Dummies, for giggles.

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Budding Witch 250

iColor With Crayons

Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:08 pm
"The Beautiful and Damned" By F. Scott Fitzgerald.
I'm still in the middle of it, but right now I'm completely and utterly obsessed with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:48 pm
Today i just finished reading, The Enchanter Heir and i have to say the ending was a very want to kill myself moment. It was a cliffhanger that made me want to cry. I thought it was brilliant though, so amazing. yum_puddi  

senntea

Fatcat

senntea

Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:49 pm
AwNellie
I just finished "I Am Number Four" last night. It's a really great book. I cried at the end. x) Can't wait to get the next one in the series.

I enjoyed the book more than the movie, I thought it was great.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:17 pm
I just have to point out that the Divergent Trilogy is fantastic (100/10) and I've only got to finish the last book to say I've read the entire thing. It's similar to the Hunger Games in that it's a Dystopia. Oh, it is just SOOOO GOOD. A movie is coming out soon too.

At the moment, I'm reading Virals by Kathy Reichs. It's just incredible. I'll probably edit this with more details later. c:

Erin winter

Beloved Prophet

myths_rock

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:04 am
Currently reading 'The oath of the vayuputra's'.
You have to read the earlier two parts of the triology. This is the third.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:22 pm
Right now I'm chewing my way through Dance With Dragons and the Fellowship of the Rings. I love GRRM's writing to death but I'm dragging out on this book because I know I'm going to have to wait forever for The Winds of Winter to come out.
As for Fellowship I'm the exact opposite I don't like Tolkien's style at all but I'm determined to read through the Lord of the Rings series.

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:43 am
I'm currently reading Orwell's 1984. I've never read it before, and I got it at a thrift shop for 25 cents. I'm not far enough into it to formulate an opinion. I'm also going to start Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down once I get it from the library tomorrow.  
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff