Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:56 am
rofl rofl rofl
Holy crap... so... looking through a list of different renditions, I find
this

rofl rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:02 am
rofl rofl rofl  

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 am
Oh oh oh! I vote we try out that one! emotion_awesome That Hatter likes to flash, Kai runs around naked half the time. I think I could draw some inspiration from that movie.

I recently watched the 2010 Tim Burton version and I'm going over the original Lewis Carol text. I kinda figured we would basically be playing our own characters to make our own geezers in wonderland setup, but if possible I'd still like to keep some of the more iconic lines in there somewhere like twinkle twinkle little bat and stuff. Much research to do.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:58 am
Of course it's possible. Anything's possible. Why, I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast!

But yes... keep as many iconic things as you want. There are just certain things that shouldn't be left out. I just don't want it to so strictly follow it in every line and action that it's nothing particularly new, and again, if people followed it that strictly, then their character isn't really playing the part. It's just copy pasta.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:30 pm
Ooh, so will this be put into action, oh maybe around Halloween? Or are we talking way down the line? Either way I can't wait for things to start! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:26 pm
It'll be put to action once everything is sorted out on who's playing what and we have a rough outline of the story. There's no definite timeline or startdate for it.

Speaking of the "sorting out who's playing who" thing, just as a reminder to those who have already signed up for a part: just because you want that part doesn't mean you're automatically getting it if it seems like you can't fill it in properly.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:45 pm
O_O I will fill the role of Hatter so hard... I'll also properly take responsibility for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~Miro's monologue for Miro's Alice~
Miro will be making up acting out a scene from chapter 2 with Mironessnessness whee

:: Finally reaching a shore of some kind after what seemed like hours crying , Miro drags herself to higher ground before flopping down with exhaustion ::
Miro doesn't like swimming and swimming doesn't like Miro crying

:: She gets a chill from a cold breeze blowing by, but at the moment her arms are too exhausted to try to bundle up for warmth. With a pout, she glares up at the sky ::
Stupid wind mad

You shouldn't speak to it like that.
Kyah! gonk
:: Jumping from fright at hearing a sudden, unfamiliar voice, she looks around to find where it was coming from. Seeing it belonged to a giant soaked rat didn't do much to give her any peace of mind, though ::

Where'd you come from? gonk

From my mother's womb. Where did -you- come from?
eh... :: she looks to the side and scratches her chin ::
From the same place I suppose sweatdrop

You certainly don't look like any sister I've met before.
No... I meant... sweatdrop ... nevermind sweatdrop

:: Another cold breeze blows by, causing both her and the rat to shiver. In response, the rat shakes the water out of his fur, getting Miro more wet in the process ::
Waah crying

It's no use dawdling about like that, sister. You'll never get dry that way. Come on. Stand up and get that water off of you.
But... but Miro's not a rat gonk She can't just wiggle around a moment and it's all gone.
:: The rat sighs and shakes his head sadly at her response ::
There's always at least one idiot in every litter.

Hey! scream
Very well then. I have an alternate solution.
:: The rat sits back on his haunches and clears his throat, putting on a pair of spectacles ::
I shall deliver you a lecture so dry that no single drop of fluid would come within a foot of you. Now let's see here...
:: He makes a motion with his arms and hands as if he's flipping through the pages of a book, but there's nothing there ::
Ah yes... Charles P. Geezer...

:: As the rat continues on about some random old dude who got lost at sea in a drunken stupor, Miro can't even try to follow along with what he's saying with that dronish voice of his and instead becomes memorized by the way he idly swishes his tail around as he speaks :: @_@
Quite a tale, is it not?
Quite a tail indeed @_@ It sure is long.
Of course it's long. That's the point.
Point? What point? confused
To get you dry, of course!
If you could get Miro dry with your tail, then why were you telling her a boring story? confused
:: The rat throws off his spectacles and groans :: emotion_facepalm
Mya~ :: She frowns and quirks her head to the side at the rat's reaction ::
MiroIsConfused~

{{I guess monologue isn't exactly the right word now that I think of it. In any case, what I was getting at is that it's a scene you set up yourself and play out without anyone else's help to give an idea of how you would play the part. What will be different from the "monologues" and the actual start is that I will be setting up the scenes and there will be interaction between players.

So for instance, for your "monologue", you would be modding the other characters in the scene [don't cheat by having other players write the parts for you. If you're not sure how the other character would react, go by that character's default personality from the original story]. But when it actually comes time to play out the scene in the real run through, you would only be playing your part. }}

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:05 pm
Oh... something I just thought to add: since some of you have multiple characters that would be playing in the same scene {like the Gryphon and the Mock Turtle, The Duchess and company, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare}, it'll be fine if for your "monologue" thing *hasn't found a better name for it* to submit just one for all the characters you're aiming for since they're in the same scene.

The tricky part, I found, is trying to not to blow your entire stash of ideas on the test run sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:10 pm
Oh, that's good, cause it'd be pretty much impossible to do Karrie and Mitri alone. cat_rofl  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 pm
Yes... yes it would rofl

And that's also why for the "monologues" I'm allowing for the modding of other characters as well since a lot of the story is centered around those characters interacting with Alice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:23 am
ThisEmptySoul
Oh... something I just thought to add: since some of you have multiple characters that would be playing in the same scene {like the Gryphon and the Mock Turtle, The Duchess and company, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare}, it'll be fine if for your "monologue" thing *hasn't found a better name for it* to submit just one for all the characters you're aiming for since they're in the same scene.

The tricky part, I found, is trying to not to blow your entire stash of ideas on the test run sweatdrop

rofl That's the problem I'm running into. xd I might add Rod in as a character just so the scene makes sense.

Now, it's okay if I have my characters interact with Alice, right? And just have Alice respond with the characteristics of the books/movies?

Actually, since it's merely just a brief cameo, I will add in Rod.

Rod - the Frog Footman.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 am
Yes. I'm assuming many will have to mod Alice for their monologues. You can use her default personality from the books and movies, or how you think Miro would respond if you think you could properly Miroize it, but if you butcher Miro's Alice, then I'll have to throw rocks at you. And these ones will not turn into cakes. mad  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:26 am
rofl I thought about doing Miro's Alice, but I think it would be more fun to just wait and see how actual Miro would respond instead. 3nodding I'll most likely do a scene I don't think will come into play.  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:34 pm
Having to write a few monologues myself, I realize how hard it is sweatdrop So alternatively, if you're having difficulty coming up with a monologue, this might be easier. Either is still fine. This method will be especially good for those "reimagining" the part, or for instances like with Velcore where the role chosen for him isn't one that is actually in the original story.

Rather than a monologue, you would instead describe your role as you would play it. For instance:

User Image
~Ryzan's Version of The Duchess~

Much like how Ryzan typically is to Miro, as the duchess he would be very cold and condescending. Their first meeting at his estate would be brief as he isn't of the mind to be very helpful to her in any fashion. In the presence of others, such as at the Queen's castle, he would regard her in a more civil and even almost friendly manner due to him playing social politics in case the Queen views Miro in any kind of favorable light... which is possible since she still has her head.

The more involving scene he would be a part of is attending the trial of the Knave of Hearts. Assuming this part to be played by Tes, the defense Ryzan presents would be a reflection of the one given in Neriak to spare Tes from being castrated.

{{This is a lot more brief and vague, but it's enough to let me [and others] see what your vision for how you plan to play the part is going to be. Ultimately, the final layout of the story and importance of each character is going to be arranged by me *sits comfortably in his director's chair* cool , however... if your ideas regarding how your character will fit into the story and how they will be played sound compelling [and others agree it's compelling when it comes time to vote] then the story will be arranged accordingly.}}  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff