Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Gorillaz-styled Band RP? [NO MORE OPINIONS!!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:06 pm
Minnta Aloripma
I don't really know of what other instruments would be in a band. As for other characters... Only other thing I can think of is either a rival or ex-band member.
The character could always play some sort not-typical-rock-band instrument - violin, acoustic guitar, cello, banjo, trumpet, saxophone - maybe it could be one of the signature parts of the band's music. I know plenty of good modern music that infuses brass or string instruments particularly.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 pm
I'm working on the skeleton of the band members right now. Here's a preview; tell me what you think.

Quote:
"quote they would say"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My name is full name and I'm the role of [insert band name here].
nickname(s)//age//gender//sexuality

What make me unique in [insert band name here] is the fact that I what makes you different from your bandmates. Like my other bandmates, I bring my own special genre to the table; mine is the genre of favorite music genre. My instrument of trade is favorite brand of your instrument or something like that. My musical influences are Gorillaz, other artists the character is inspired by. My favorite member of Gorillaz was favorite Gorillaz member and explain why. I also have a special talent that isn't related to music; it's special non-musical talent.

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

IchigoK25

Unbeatable Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:27 pm
still need a band manager? cause i will take the spot  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
IchigoK25
still need a band manager? cause i will take the spot

Will do! Just letting you know that the band manger will get their very own skeleton that's a slightly edited version of the band members' skeleton.  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

IchigoK25

Unbeatable Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 pm
Totally ok with me!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 pm
I'm talking with my actual band about this. XD They're calling me a traitor.

I'm fine with whatever name, but just to throw out:
Band names should be memorable. Just because it's cool doesn't mean it's easily remembered. Also, though Reality Rose is awesome my drummer says it sounds more like an Album name than a Band name. He suggested "Reality Syndrome" or Rose Syndrome. My guitarist says both Ozone and Syndrome are already the names of bands, pretty popular too, so dont make it to close.

My bassist says Reality Rose sounds like a Guns 'n' Roses album. Which is why we dont listen to him and he doesn't talk. XD

Just input from a band, for a band.  

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 pm
I'm trying to stay away from the word "syndrome" since the spelling I like, Zelly doesn't like. I'm really trying to compromise here. And bands use their names in their debut albums 8 out of 10 times (that I've seen), so the first album of this band would probably be the name of the band anyway, just like Gorillaz themselves.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:16 pm
Touche.

Still, just giving advice and input.  

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:20 pm
Yea, I know. I've been in three bands myself. Trying to work on a fourth... (Might use the band name from this roleplay as the name if everyone likes it, if I ever get people...)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm
Lady Lagomorph
Minnta Aloripma
I don't really know of what other instruments would be in a band. As for other characters... Only other thing I can think of is either a rival or ex-band member.
The character could always play some sort not-typical-rock-band instrument - violin, acoustic guitar, cello, banjo, trumpet, saxophone - maybe it could be one of the signature parts of the band's music. I know plenty of good modern music that infuses brass or string instruments particularly.
Well, the three instruments I know the best are violin (been playing since I was in first grade), piano (been playing almost as long as violin), and harp.  

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 pm
Minnta Aloripma
Lady Lagomorph
Minnta Aloripma
Well, the three instruments I know the best are violin (been playing since I was in first grade), piano (been playing almost as long as violin), and harp.

Go with the violin!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm
Angel in my Dreams
Minnta Aloripma
Lady Lagomorph
Minnta Aloripma

Go with the violin!
Okay  

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

Devilking07

Wealthy Smoker

3,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 pm
Hmmmm now what can i be with in this wonderful rp. oh! I was also thinking Riality (I in french makes an e sound, while the a is an ah) Roze Sindrume. R.R.S Kinda like Credance Clearwater Revival aka C.C.R  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 pm
Nyu, again, I'm trying to stay away from "syndrome". >< And then 'i' just seems weird to me, nyu.  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Devilking07

Wealthy Smoker

3,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:54 pm
lol kk. and how bout i be a contributing artist. You know how bands, like Korn, will make a song featuring another artist, like limpbisket.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff