Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Steele's Office (Current Headmaster) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
Second YearGryffindorPurebloodSingle

Minn squeaked at the Professor as he started shouting. Had Remy really cheated?! Why?! They had done so good! She had done so good... Tears fell from Minn's cheeks as she wondered if all her saves had been flukes. She looked at her hands, then up at Remy. Green eyes fell upon the Captain's Badge laying there, then at Remy as she fled the room. What would Dhyl and Heather say if they saw the former Captain now?

Elli called Remy a manor of nasty, horrible things, making the girl want to speak up. She wanted to, but her bravery failed. Sobs made her shake, fear causing the tears to fall. Yes, what Remy had done was wrong, but she had faced the consequences admirably. Minn saw Romy's look of rage mixed with what could only be called betrayal. Elli sounded like she'd kill Rem the next chance she got, but what about Remy? What had compelled her to do such a stupid thing? When Elli turned to glare at the team, Minn glared back, a frown set in place. Heck, even Keith thought it was a bad idea. "I-I second. R-Remy did somethin' wrong, yes, but she did it for a reason, didn't she? She wanted us to win, 'cause we've all been downright miserable! I know Romy has! I heard him a few days ago! Did'ja know he broke his hand a few games back?! He got so upset! He was bloody crying! A-and you all have been upset too! Who'd think that maybe Rem was just trying to make everything better?!" Her entire body was shaking, looking at the team, once so proud to have Remy at the helm, now broken in pieces. Minn was disgusted alright, but not at Remy. In fact, she turned to Elli. "And you! Remy's poured every tiny bit of energy and love in this team, and you go off and say this about her?! I right say if Remy is brave enough to come back next year an' you don't immediately step to the side to allow her to return, then you're worse than you claimed her to be. She's been there for every game ever, and I've seen you. You sit around like a bum while she does everything! She did something bad, yea, but you did something worse. You abandoned her. You are lower then the ground we stand on, Elliryanna McHalen. You are the worst example of a Gryffindor I've ever had the displeasure to meet." She stared boldly into the new Captain's eyes, daring anyone to try and disprove her.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:38 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Fourth Year || Beater
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Worse came to worse and suddenly the Gryffindor team felt like it was in shambles. Sun stood, unable to form a coherent sentence, and simply watched as Romy stormed off and listened as Elli gave a speech. He was getting a headache from all the arguing. But exactly, how did he feel about Remy and this supposed "cheating"? To Sun, it seemed like a simple threatening order from the ex-captain. To assign a value per hit seemed ridiculous, but why would it categorize as "cheating"? Ambiguous. Too ambiguous. The Gryffindor team seemed to be breaking apart, and who knows what this turn of event catalyze this time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year
Reserve Beater on Quidditch Team

Cheating? A note maybe a bit overboard sure, but cheating?!

Ronna's eyes flashed at the words cheating but she said nothing. She was the kid on the team and she had joined late. She wasn't very good and she didn't have all the rules down pact but how did such a ridiculous note get taken so seriously? Besides, it was common sense to target the seekers to a point. When the new captain told of the beater who brought the note to the attention she saw the look on Keith's face and realized it was him. She hadn't realized how serious it was, though. She would have confronted Remy directly before involving a professor.

Ronna looked over to Sun who seemed to be thinking and then back to the ground clenching her fist tightly, she felt her nails bite into the palms of her hands: she didn't know what to do. It wasn't really her position to do something, was it? She was sort of an outsider, right?

User Image

In Company of: Gryffindor Quidditch Team
[Wearing:Casual Fall]

{ }

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:15 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Professor Steele's Office

David stood in the office and listened to their head of house explain the situation. He was completely blown away. How could she cheat...? How was that considered cheating? Sure she was telling them who to aim for but that didn't sound out of the norm. The only thing off about it was that she was giving points for it. It was a strategy wasn't it?

Regardless of what David thought Professor Steele's decision was final. There was no changing it. He looked up to Remy as a captain and a fellow Gryffindor but what she did he didn't idolize. Although deep down he knew why she had done it. That's when all the fighting broke out they just weren't a team like they should be. David for one wasn't going to take it.

"Stop fighting!" David shouted. Yes he was upset and a little shocked but fighting wasn't going to fix it. "Guys honestly, this isn't helping anyone." he started. "Now we all know Remy had her reasons for doing what she did, but that still doesn't make it right. Elli is our captain now and I for one plan on listening to her. I know some aren't happy about it but that doesn't mean you should make her job any harder." David told them mostly directing it at Minn but not being a complete jerk about it.

"Personally I think we all have times when we should be ashamed to be called Gryffindors." David stated. "Especially with the way we treat each other. We haven't won a game since I've come to Hogwarts and that's been three years and before that I'm sure we had trouble right?" he said looking to the higher year teammates. "But win or lose Elli is right, it's a game and it's meant to be fun. Then when we finally win fair and square we can say that we did it and we did so with pride and respect for the other team we're up against." he said taking a breath.

"That's the day I'll be proud to call myself a Gryffindor." David had no idea where any of that came from but he hoped that it stuck with some.

With: Gryffindor Quidditch team

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:25 am
User Image

User Image

He's right, I did join this for fun.!

Ronna glanced over at David and smiled at his words and said, "You're right. I know that I'm the newest member on this team... and the youngest... and only reserve... and not that great... but when I heard Gryffindor needed beaters desperately the reason I tried out was for fun. I'm okay with only being reserve. And I did get to play a little in a game even if I didn't do so great. The important thing was I had fun doing it."

"Most of us aren't going to make careers out of this I bet. I know I'm not, but we should enjoy it while we have it," Ronna said. "Maybe Quidditch is more about fun than winning?" She blushed and said, "Of course that is something losers say, but we have next year to try again, right?"

User Image

{ }

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:08 pm
User ImageUser Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Fourth Year ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩And I didn't want to be the first to รคұ. Everyone around here thinks you're ¢яαʐÿ.۩ 
                                                        ۩And I didn't want to be the first to say you shouldn't รҭคұ, Isabella run คฬคұ.۩

Elli ran her hands through her hair in frustration, before dropping long fingers to her sides and turning teal eyes on her team. It was weird to say, her team.... She sighed and looked over each and every one of them as their reactions to the news showed on their faces. Keith seemed surprised at her praise which she could understand, but she was praising him for a reason. "Listen here. I am your captain now, and I won't accept cheating in any forms. I'm assuming Keith brought this to the professor's attention because he knows its wrong, and if I ever am so stupid to do such a thing, I want you all to hold me responsible and do the same thing if I won't listen to reason."

Her eyes continued to travel over the members of the Gryffindor Quidditch team as she spoke. Xavier looked shocked, Sun looked calculating, Veronica just confused, and Minn... well Minn was angry... and yelling. Elli kept her mouth shut, letting the young girl blow off all her steam before saying anything. "Cheating to win doesn't make it a real win Minn and it doesn't make everything better." Elli said simply, crossing her arms over her chest. She knew she was upset that they hadn't won a single game, but cheating and punching things just seemed like overt over reactions to something as simple as a game. Quidditch at Hogwarts wasn't all that life was made of. It wasn't important enough to hurt yourself over.

Elli could take a young child yelling at her. She had heard a lot worse people scream at her. Minn was 12 years old, so Elli honestly didn't blame her for not quite understanding what was going on.
                                                        "Minn. Remy may have poured all her love into this team, but cheating makes her just as bad as thieves and other such people. I have not once said she couldn't play next year. I will choose the team based on skill and who will work well together, nothing more, nothing less. "

Elli paused in shock as Minn started to yell and insult her. Seriously, this little girl had the balls to yell at her about standing up for how wrong cheating was? She just barely refrained from rolling her eyes at the stupidity of it all.
                                                        "Minerva Nolynn! You will not disrespect me. I didn't abandon Remy, she abandoned me. I was her vice captain and she went behind my back and did all of this without ever consulting me. What is the use of me being her vice captain if I can't talk her out of stupid s**t like this. If she had come to me I would have stopped her. Its as simple as that. If you think I'm lower than the ground, then you must think Remy is beneath hell. "

She paused and sighed before turning her eyes on the rest of the team and addressing them all. "I don't care what kind of Gryffindor you think I am, because I know who I am and where I stand. Here is all I have to say. I don't care if you support Remy in her decision or not; I don't care if you like her more than me or not. I am the new team captain and I will put together a team that works well together. Next year, if you will stand by me and accept these facts, and if you will listen to my directions and give me respect then I will gladly have you at try outs and on the team. Show me the respect I deserve and in return I will give you the respect you deserve. I won't tolerate cheating. I won't tolerate fighting. I won't tolerate favouritism. I won't tolerate disrespect to anyone, and I won't by any means or circumstances tolerate subordination."

OOC: ...

۩All your heroes are your яε¢øя∂ṡ. You play 'em loud but I don't mind the иøιṡε.۩ 
                                                        ۩Why ya нι∂ιиģ?Maybe you don't think you have a ¢нøι¢ε.۩

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:38 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Professor Steele's Office

David was glad someone agreed with him he just wished that everyone did. One was better than none that was for sure. “Right Ronna.” He agreed. David didn’t want to hear anything more that had anything to do with this. He secretly would have preferred to be left out of this whole thing instead of being there. He hadn’t even played so in his mind he had nothing to do with any of this. Deep down David still wanted to believe in Remy. Why no one was probably going to understand but he knew how he felt about Remy. She was the big sister a younger brother idolized to him. His own sister knew how he felt about Remy.

That’s why David felt bad seeing Elli take to Minn the way she did. She was standing up for a friend regardless of what she did. That took guts in his eyes. Listening to Elli’s words to the team he didn’t know if he liked her more or much less. How could she talk like she was like commander and chief when she was just handed the position because Remy gave her the vice-captain spot. Didn’t she have Remy to thank for that? He wasn’t going to go against her but that didn’t mean he had to like her. Someone really should tell her that respect had to be earned not given…

Shaking his head David looked to at Minn then back at Elli. “Got it… Guess I’ll see you at tryouts then Elli. Congratulations by the way.” He told Elli. He knew there wasn’t anything else he could say. “Since we’re done here I’m going to head out of here…” he said taking his leave from the room. He wanted to get some air so he could clear his head. Something about this really bothered David he just didn’t know what or why for that matter.

(Exit)

With: Gryffindor Quidditch team

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:24 am
User Image

User Image

It sounds like she is letting this power go to her head some but then again she is in a tough position.

Ronna listened as Elli blew up on Minn and had a bad feeling this wasn't going to be the end of the situation. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to calm herself. After David excused himself, she opened her eyes again and said, "If that is all, I am going to head out myself. I guess I will see you all around and at try outs again next year."

She bowed her head to Elli slightly and said, "Congrats on the new position, I suppose." She turned to leave feeling uncomfortable with the whole situation. Truth be told, Ronna disagreed with Remy threatening the beaters, but it was common sense to target the seeker to some degree.

User Image

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:54 pm
User Image

Gryffindor, First year, Muggleborn

David came to the door he sighed his first week and he was already sick of this place. He wanted to go home where he did not feel like an outcast. He could not understand how other muggleborns could cope with all this stuff.
'This is for the best I don't belong here. I don't even believe in magic'
He knocked on the door and waited for the professor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:48 pm
User Image
You don't have to say you love me
Just be close at hand
You don't have to stay forever
I will understand
Believe me, believe me
I can't help but love you

User Image

Timothy stepped into his office, being completely silent the entire walk back. He turned as he got to behind his desk and gestured for Ronna to have a seat. This had gone on for too long, and he felt as though she really needed a real talking to. He sat down himself, steepling his hands and waiting for her to take a seat. This was perhaps a talk that was long in coming, and he didn't relish the thought of having to go through it. However, she was butting her nose into other people's business and causing more headaches and arguments than everyone else in the house combined as far as he could see. "Now Miss Kiss, may I ask why is it that you find it is your duty to cause trouble when the people involved don't include you in an argument? Also, why is it you felt that you had to instigate the argument further when both parties were done and had forgiven each other, even though you had no place in that said argument? Please, tell me, I am all ears right now."

___________________________
                                                            Location: His office
                                                            State: Annoyed

mc2

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:30 am
User ImageUser Image
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Uniform]
Company: Professor Steele

➳ ➳ ➳

Well... he said he was all ears.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna sat forward in the chair, with proper posture, and listened as Professor Steele asked his questions. She let out a sigh and said, "It isn't about causing trouble, sir, it is about pursuing justice. Furthermore, I think you and Elli really don't truly understand what true forgiveness is. Forgiveness is opening yourself up to be hurt by that person again. Obviously Remy needed to be punished for her actions, I'm not going to argue on that point, I agree on that. Where I differ is that I know Elli is wrong when she says she has 'forgiven' Remy yet still can't trust her: that isn't forgiveness."

Ronna closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "Quite frankly, I am really getting sick of Elli, in particular, listening to only half of what I said. I have no problems with authority. I may not agree with their methods, I may question it, but I will follow it. Hell, my Dad's a cop... you learn to respect authority. I explained at the end of try outs that I respected her position and would listen to her because of her position. I wasn't aware that I had to like all of my authority as well. I mean, if I do, then there's definitely going to be some problems."

User Image

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 am
User Image
Just be close at hand
I will understand
Believe me, believe me

User Image

Timothy frowned. Well now, if he didn't know any better, this girl sounded like he did when he was a kid. However, therein lay the problem. He knew where that sort of thinking eventually led. It was also one of the reasons he went into the justice system of the wizarding world. Things had to be impartial, otherwise there would be anarchy. His hands folded into the other, and he shook his head. "That way of thinking, Miss Kiss, is where you are wrong. Forgiveness isn't about reconciling, condoning, forgetting, or even excusing. It is about saying that you accept an apology and are willing to move on. It is not about opening yourself up to further hurts. It is the singular act of moving forward and getting past the problem."

His brown eyes fixed on her blue. "What you are suggesting isn't justice, it's vengeance. Vengeance is a wish to see something done, when you are not satisfied with the way justice is dealt. Miss Bleiddiaid and Miss McHalen both stated that they were done, that they had forgiven each other, and that they both apologized. You, on the other hand, are taking your dislike towards Miss McHalen and inserting yourself into the equation, and deciding for them that they shouldn't do that, that they should tear each other down. You have determined that what Miss McHalen said isn't true, when you are not her. I bet even your father would disagree with you there. There is a reason that the justice system, and the system in this school, is blind. It is that way so that we don't see the wrong thing being done to correct the problem. You may not like Miss McHalen, but that does not condone you deciding for them whether or not they are done with this dispute. They are seventeen and fifteen, both prefects, and both of them I chose to be prefects. They know what the difference between right and wrong is. They know what justice is, even if neither of them have been in my class. You don't have to like them to listen to them, and I frankly don't care if you do or do not like them, or me for that matter. I do expect that you treat them both with more respect than you have been showing, including your little tirade towards Miss Nolynn. If you wish to have your opinions respected, show a little yourself. You do not inflame situations because you believe you are right. That is why there are teachers, and if you do not feel I happen to be the best one to talk to, then there are others in this school. Heck, you can even take it up with the headmistress if that is your desire. You however are to refrain yourself from entering into situations unasked and unneeded. Do I make myself clear?"

mc2

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Vengeance? Me? Well... I guess in a way I was more of the vigilante type.

➳ ➳ ➳

"And that is where the problem lies, sir," Ronna sighed. "A lot of people aren't moving on. And, I actually was quoting my father about what forgiveness is." She forced a smile and let out a sigh as she pushed some of her curly blonde hair behind one of her ears.

She glanced at the door and then back at Professor Steele, "Considering the sheer number of students you have as a head of house I would guess it is impossible for you to get to know each and every one of your students. I will be taking your class in the future... so, I suppose you'll get stuck with me a little bit more than Elli or Remy."

"I mean, I'm sure you are aware of the detention I got in astronomy last year, the fact I do get above average grades in all my classes, even the ones I don't like, because every student has to have at least one class they don't care for," Ronna said, "and you might even know I come from Hawkinge and am Muggleborn and the only legal guardian I have is my father... or it might be in some file you have."

"What you wouldn't know is that a blind announcement like that on the bulletin board has had me as near of a panic as it can get and then I find out its about in house fighting, which though is a big deal is pretty minor to the things running through my head," Ronna said, her fists clenched and her nails biting into her skin. "Every day I have to worry about my Dad and his friends on the force. And of course I remember about the passing out that happened last year. And I was there for the Fall Festival... it might have been wrong of me, but it is natural for someone to be a little bit stressed going into a meeting with those thoughts swirling around to find out it wasn't anything as major as that at all."

User Image

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:53 pm
User Image
Just be close at hand
I will understand
Believe me, believe me

User Image

Timothy pinched the bridge of his nose. This was a major headache, and she was listing issues outside of the school. While he can understand the feelings she had (he himself had to deal with outside things all the time), it did not excuse her actions. Being emotional was one thing, being rational was another. If anything, he'd seen the spectrum of emotions teens could go through in his years as a professor, and how petty some adults could be. However, he did see one thing that she had missed. "I don't know about you, but I heard some of the others. They don't want this to continue. Other people in your house don't want this to continue. One of your house mates even went as far as to leave the house, and knowing Mister Nalson, he won't be coming back anytime soon. Something tells me that if this had continued, there would have been more than just him leaving."

His eyes still fixed on hers, he gestured to her. "I don't particularly care where you come from. A muggleborn, halfblood, or a pureblood, rich or poor, loving parents or an orphan, what I do care about is the stability of this house and the students within it. And that's the students as a whole, not just one. That is my job in addition to teaching you. Whether you realize it or not, I hear everything from other professors, not just what I see in class. I also attend every meal in the Great Hall, just to make sure nothing wrong is going on. I have seen what happens, and I know what has occurred in other classes. I know about what led you to go to Lupe's office for detention. She told me precisely what she saw. It doesn't matter how much you say you didn't start the argument, you still continued it, and that is where the problem lies. You seem to have trouble putting things behind you. That is a major problem, one you will have to overcome if you ever want to pass my class. If you want to do well in Law, you have to put all personal opinions, all emotions aside. If you don't, then you will fail that class. Law is something that doesn't care about things like that. So is justice. So I suggest in the future reigning in your temper before you start speaking and think about your actions first."

mc2

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Shouldn't the issue have been addressed earlier?

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna stood and said, "Maybe it should have been addressed sooner? I mean try outs were a bit of disaster too... and it wasn't just me, though, I do accept where the fault does lie with me. That's why I didn't make the team, even as reserve-my temper."

"And, it isn't so much that I have trouble putting things behind me. I mean I apologized to Gypsy and Jer and would be more than willing to reach out to them given the chance," Ronna said, "It is I have a problem not speaking my mind. And, believe it or not, I was actually worse about it at one time."

She replied, "And it is Dad who wants me to go into Law. I'm taking the class because I think it would be useful. Of course, I plan to take the class with as much seriousness as any other of my classes. And, I hate to disagree with you again but where someone comes from does have a very big influence on where they are and where they are going."

User Image

Diamond Wales

Professor Offices

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas