Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 am
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Dueling Club Arena

As Belle started the first meeting Ronyo stood up and watched the sixth year really seem to have a knack for talking about dueling. She had the fire of passion in her eyes and it was obvious she truly loved what she was doing. Even when she moved to help the first years Belle held a tone that showed care but also a want to teach and push someone to better things. If the girl didn’t go on to complete in true dueling tournaments he was going to have a serious talk with the girl. The thought brought a chuckle as he watched the first years try out the dis-arming spell for the first time. The most basic and useful spell in dueling; unless your opponent was training in wandless magic taking away the wand was almost a sure win.

Turning to hear two familiar voices talk to each other Ronyo was a bit surprised to see Dom and Heather talking with such friendly back and forth. It honestly didn’t sound like Dominic for a moment the way he came off almost overly happy, or was nervous? Dom nervous about something, the thought seemed almost too silly for words. As the younger Slytherin beater asked for a duel later own Ronyo swore it almost sounded like he was asking her out. A date for dueling, that sounded like a title for a book or something really but still it was nice to see the happiness in both of them.

Ronyo was about to move over to Belle and see what he could do to help out and lend a hand when someone spoke to him. His neck rotated to see William walking up to him with a smile and a friendly question. He had not really seen Belle’s boyfriend around that much, it had been awhile since the two even talked but it was always god to hear a friendly voice.

William, good to see you my friend, I’m doing well given it’s my last year here. I’m going to miss this place to be sure but gotta move on at some point right?” Ronyo looked to Belle and nodded in her direction, “That lady of yours has a will passion for this, doesn’t she? She could probably win a few championships if she keeps this up in the dueling scene. So how have you been yourself?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:09 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
One more WORD and you won't SURVIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I SEE right through you any HOUR
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
Shuffling the CARDS of your GAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
Suddenly I will PLAY my ACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I won't soothe your pain: Neutral | I won't ease your strain: Aw, no explosions? | You'll be waiting in vain: Duelists | I got nothing for you to gain: Dueling Club |
Wearing

Marina was slightly disappointed that there were to be no explosions, because blowing things up was really amusing, but she still had a set of spells available for assaulting the poor targets with. "Flipendo! Glacius! Expelliarmus!"She alternated between various spells she had learned in the past two years, giving the targets quite a beating. There was a grin on her face the entire time, because she was the most comfortable when she was practicing her dueling skills. This was what she enjoyed the most, besides reading and her classes.

Prejudice is stubborn and ignorance is hard.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
Felling any FOE with my GAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
STEADILY emerging with GRACE
Ahh, felling any FOE with my GAZE
Ahh, STEADILY emerging with GRACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:50 pm
Shina Kiremono~Fourth Year~Ravenclaw Seeker

User Image

Shina came in a bit late. "Sorry, was finishing an essay," she said, looking around to see what was going on.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:15 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Sixth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

”Brilliantly done boys, the both of you.” Belle had gleamed brightly, just as enthused as the two first years beside her of opposite houses, and rival houses, too. She grinned down at both of them, though; they were barely a few inches or so smaller than she was, honestly. With her wand of twisted hornbeam held firmly in her fingers, the young blonde kept it at her side as she glanced over her shoulder at another face to the growing club. Off the top of her head, she couldn’t remember Shina’s name, but she was sweet, and that much Belle could never forget as she waved her over with her free hand toward the line of targets set around the field beneath the clock tower courtyard. ”You didn’t miss much! We just started target practice; feel free to pick a target to practice before we start dueling.”

Belle, grinning, glanced back down at the two first years beside her. She suddenly wondered if the two first years would even want to duel, considering their small array of spells at hand. She could, of course, teach them two or three more, to even a duel out between the two if they so wish, but—she truly didn’t know if they personally thought they wanted too at the time. ”Alright boys, I’ve got a question for ya, do you two want to learn a couple more spells and try a practice duel this meeting, or do you want to watch and try your hand next time?”

Fashionably: AC/DC
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:24 pm
User Image
Peter Klein

First Year-Slytherin-Single-Half Blood

This would be a hard decision. No matter his choice, Pete would stay with it. His stubbornness wouldn't allow David's decision to sway his own. "We might as well learn some more spells and practice a duel ourselves. I mean we could watch too, but we'll only know that we are serious about dueling if we experience it ourselves." Peter looked at David as a signal that he now had the floor. David is becoming a great friend to Pete and now the boys could duel it out. Pete had already showed his superiority in potions. Who is the better duelist? When David cast his first spell, Pete knew that he must have had some prior knowledge. These things sometimes were more about will power than knowledge however. "So David what's it going to be?" Pete just wanted to cast Expelliarmus again to be truthful. Outside of the club, it would probably be bad for him to use an advanced spell.

OCC: Advanced magic =0

User ImageUser Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Fourteen: Slytherin Chaser

After three full years of school, Amanda hadn't joined any clubs. Well, unless the Quidditch team counted as a club. When her fourth year came around, she decided the Duelling club grasped enough of her curiosity and attention, so she joined. She stepped inside after knocking on the open door three times.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

William Cloud

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

William smiled as he brought up Belle. Yes, he was a lucky man and he could tell anyone that, but now someone else was acknowledging that fact and it still made him feel good. He then responded to Ronyo, knowing that him and Will could actually have a decent conversation.

"You're going to do big things in your life so maybe it is almost time to move on. The fact that you can even come close to controlling those two wands of yours is quite impressive. The aurors need someone like yourself. Have you ever thought about getting into that field? I mean, my brother is one and I can have him put in a good word for you," he said. It was legitimate and Will could get him a step in the door to be one.

"Yeah, she really likes dueling. At least, that's what I learned from being her practice dummy. Not a fun job at all I'd like to voice," he joked, laughing at himself. It was completely true, but not many people knew about that truth, but Ronyo was trustable. "And I have been doing quite well lately. I mean, I can't complain. Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen issues, I needed to relinquish my captainship of the Quidditch team to good ol' Heather over here. I've just been the Vice Captain for the time being. Besides, I'm leaving in a couple years anyway and she needs to be ready to take over. But other than that, everything has been going fine. I really can't complain," he said, smiling at Belle as he watched her start to teach again. This just made him love her more.

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:11 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Clock tower Court Yard/ Dueling Club arena

William was not the first one to bring up the subject of the Aurors to Ronyo, in fact for a long time that had been his original objective. The more he grew and the more he experienced life and the lessons of people and governments he found himself not so sure. He respected the Aurors and Hit Wizards tremendously as they were the ones to dive into dangerous places and take on even more dangerous witches and wizards. However it was the red tape and politics they had to go through and abide by during their job, which meant sometimes they had to let someone go or drop a lead just for the sake of a political family. Ronyo wanted to do some real good in the world, which was why he was starting up his Private Detective Agency after he graduated.

"I appreciate that William, but I think I'm going to take on things in a different manner. I'm opening a Private Detective Agency after graduation, so I can do some real good without all the red tape keeping me back. Plus the Aurors are always dealing with the big named problems but there a re hundreds of average people with problems that don't get looked at." Ronyo looked at the group practicing on the line and smiled seeing Belle work with the first years a bit more, "Hey I'll chat with you more once line drills are done, I'm going to lend a hand to the rest of the members while Belle works with the new people," Ronyo nodded to the boy and walked over to Belle who he tapped on the shoulder with a smile, "While you run these two through the basics I'll get the others some extra practice before duels."

Ronyo moved over to an area where the others could see him better and gave a wave before kneeling down on the courtyard stones and pulling out a small bag. He counted the number of people they had and pulled out the matching number from his bag. Small tiny wooden dragons he had duplicated and shrunk down, all colored orange and red to make them stand out more. He went down and enlarged them just enough to be the size of his normal wooden friends and then cast a shielding charm on each one. Then he closed his eyes and used both his wands to make the process quicker, each wooden dragon was animated and took flight around the white haired boy. He directed them to begin circling around the targets each of the members was using.

"Alright now, anyone who doesn't know me I'm Ronyo Storm. I'll be Ms. Belle's little assistant for the time being. Now the rest of you have a fairly good idea of how to cast spells and how to try and be accurate. You do that in class almost every day and likely some in your free time, but this is dueling club. The dragons you see flying around are your new targets. They will fly and dive and swoop around the target area and you need to try and hit them. They have a shield spell on them so they should stand up to most spells without going boom. However it's just a basic shield so anything stronger might have a different outcome. The goal is to hit it as many times as you can until we move on to duels, a moving target is much different than a stationary target. You will have to try and lead the target some and fire at the point you feel will have your spell collide with the dragon. They can change direction at any time to, so they may duck a spell they see coming. Don't be discouraged if you miss a lot, that is the point of practicing and training. A great idea I was told once was, amateurs train until they get it right, professionals train until they get it wrong. You have to find your fault line, where you fail so you know what to work on and what to focus on for each successive shot and training time. Alright that's enough yapping from me, you didn't come here to hear me talk, you came here to cast spells and to duel. Get to it then."

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 am
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
First Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling club

Based on everything David sure did want to duel. He didn’t know what Pete wanted to do but he hoped they were thinking the same thing. Listening to what Pete had to say he waited until was asked about his choice. “Yeah as much as watching would be helpful, I came here to duel.” He said with a bright cheery smile. “Pete does have a good one we won’t know if we don’t try it for ourselves.” He added looking from Pete to Belle. Besides the more spells they knew the better things would work out.

With: Dueling pals... Pete, Belle

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Sixth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

As soft misty green eyes slowly veered between both boys each, her grin grew wider and wider at each of their responses. She rolled the sleeves of her thin sweater higher and waved the boys closer to the stationary targets while Ronyo leaded the upperclassmen aside with mobile targets. ”Brilliant, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear,” she giggled as she held her wand to the ready in demonstration. ”Since you’ve both taken so easily to expelliarmus, the disarming charm, I’m going to teach you the knockback jinx, flipendo, which you’ll be learning this year sometime soon. It can be blocked by both expelliarmus and protego, but, you won’t learn protego until your third year.

“The knockback jinx is simple, and it literally, is used to knock your opponents down to the ground; to cast it, you swoop your wand down, then up to point at your target while reciting the incantation, flip-en-DOH,
Belle demonstrated slowly with her long wand as it swept down and then right back up at the target sending an orange light shooting forth from the tip of her wand.

Fashionably: AC/DC
Troubles: Perfection

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 am
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
One more WORD and you won't SURVIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I SEE right through you any HOUR
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
Shuffling the CARDS of your GAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
Suddenly I will PLAY my ACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR

I won't soothe your pain: Neutral | I won't ease your strain: The dragons? Again? | You'll be waiting in vain: Duelists | I got nothing for you to gain: Dueling Club |
Wearing

Marina wasn't very surprised to see the return of the dragons. Ronyo seemed quite fond of them, and they did cheer her up whenever she saw the little creatures. But now she had to put all fondness towards them aside to be able to focus on hitting one. She'd never practiced on a moving target before and it was hard. "Flipendo!" The spell missed as the dragon swooped down. She tried again as it came back up. "Glacius!" The dragon once again spiraled out of the way. The redhead continued to try to hit one, eyes narrowed and brow furrowed in concentration.

Prejudice is stubborn and ignorance is hard.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
Felling any FOE with my GAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
STEADILY emerging with GRACE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 pm
Shina Kiremono~Fourth Year~Ravenclaw Seeker

User Image

Shina moved further into the room, noting the first years that were learning new spells. She smiled at them, a little indulgently, but approving of their proactive approach to spell acquisition.

Hearing Ronyo's announcement, she flicked her wand free of her wrist holster, falling into a ready stance. "Avis!" she called, sending a small flock of birds at the dragon near her target. She paused just long enough for the dragon to turn its attention to the bird, then followed up with Flipendo. Her attempt to distract the dragon with the birds and then hit it with the knockback jinx worked quite well as the dragon briefly went from a randomly moving target to a predictable one while it focused on the bird.

Shina's jinx slammed the dragon into the target board. Shina grinned, then her eyes widened as it recovered and went to attack her. "Impedimenta!" she snapped quickly, then "Depulso!" The dragon exploded backward, peppering the target with splinters. Shina flinched back at the violent disintegration, her left arm coming up to protect her head.

A pause, and Shina dropped her arm, clearly annoyed. "Drat. I'll have to work on that, I should have cast Protego, not flinched like a novice," she said, obviously annoyed at herself.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:30 pm
User Image
Peter Klein

First Year-Slytherin-Single-Half Blood

David had agreed to a duel. This meant Peter would have to work hard with the next few spells, so that he could put up a good fight against David. His opponent had already showed he knew of other spells beyond the classes. This of course put Pete at a disadvantage. Little to Belle or David's knowledge, this duel would be the key factor in deciding whether Peter continued to come to the club or not. Winning wasn't everything, it is just a spoil. Peter wanted to put up a good fight. The flipendo spell seemed useless if expelliarmus could block it. Peter swooped his wand downward and then pointed towards a target. " flip-en-DOH!" A yellowish blast shot from his wand in a compressed light. The shot hit the target. That's all it was to it. Peter concentrated on the power of the spell. "Why not just use your strongest spell all the time in a duel Belle? I mean if expelliarmus is stronger, shouldn't we only use that spell?"

OCC: (None)

User ImageUser Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius heard the question Peter asked a gave a chuckle. He walked up to the boy.“If you throw the same punch all the time people will know the best way to avoid it.” He said as he threw a quick punch in the air and followed with the same punch over. “If you mix things up you can catch your enemy off guard.” He said as he threw a right handed hook and aimed his wand at the target “Flipendo!” The target got pushed back and fell over a good few feet. “And besides other spells hurt can hurt the one you use them on or they can stop your enemy from attacking you without a wand.”
User Image

Xistund

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm
Dʀᴏᴘ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɴᴏᴡ

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ʀᴀɪɴ

Kɪss ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇᴡᴀʟᴋ

Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ

Cᴀᴜsᴇ I sᴇᴇ, sᴘᴀʀᴋs ғʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇ

User Image

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´
Sᴇʀᴀғɪɴᴀ Eʟɪᴢᴀʙᴇᴛʜ Lᴀɴᴄᴀsᴛᴇʀ
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

♥ Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ ♥♥ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ ♥♥ Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ♥♥ Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ ♥

Serafina wandered around the courtyard when she heard some familiar spells being cast upon. She searched around to see a door slightly open and took a peek through the small gap. As she leaned forward to get a closer look, she accidentally pushed the door wide open, she almost stumbled over but she managed to get on her feet,causing a loud thud. She looked around and stood up straight. She cleared her throat and said, " Is this the Dueling Club? Can I still join? " The young Slytherin's eyes looked around to see Pete and David. She smiled as she waved at them.

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Curious
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Entering the Dueling Club?

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : I wonder what they do here...
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Dueling Club

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling Club members
Wearing

Out Of Cookies:

Gᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴀʙʏ

As ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ɢᴏ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

Gɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ʟʟ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛ ᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

Cᴀᴜsᴇ I sᴇᴇ, sᴘᴀʀᴋs ғʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇ

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items