Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[WORKSHOP] First Aid Basics 1 (OPEN) PG 8!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:22 pm
Shehk's brows raised slightly, but the rest of her expression seemed to almost deaden at the word. "Really now?" she looked to Mort, nodding back to him when he waved, but not giving much else in terms of greeting. "Good for you two. It's nice to see some people can still find happiness." A small smile.

"Oh man, that...was a really long time ago..." Shehk tilted her head nostalgically as she considered the information. Two years ago, back when her idea of the future was less...bleak and broken, perhaps. "I'd say a bit closer to acquaintances. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to get to know Mort in more than just passing. He's been better about looking out for me than vice versa, sadly..." She'd just..leave out their partnership in the last sex-ed class at this point.

She didn't know if Belladonna would be jealous that they were masters of putting protection charms on each other.

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:02 pm
Wyntre IceBlade
Julian: Not sure. I've never asked. Sin probably knows, but I don't think she'd say.

Rosc quirked an eyebrow up at her when her phone went off. She... certainly had abysmal taste in music. Then again, he didn't like much music at all, so how was he really one to judge?
He just was, that was why.

He looked at her phone and shook his head. He wasn't about to tell her, but there was a reason he still had a flip-phone when everyone else was getting eyePhones. He couldn't see the screen. Oh, sure, he could see the physical object, but not what was on the screen. He had to use audio software for most things.
But he wasn't telling her that.

"No idea. Better figure it out fast," he replied, taking out his own phone for good measure and pressing a button on the side until he heard a beep that said the sound had been turned off.  

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Sophie slunk into the classroom and made a dash to a seat in the very far back. She hoped she'd be able to see and hear everything Nurse Cricket was saying. Sophie didn't particularly feel like sitting right at the front. The back corner of the room was safe; she was easily hidden and it was less likely that others would notice her or talk to her.

Pulling her hair in, she pulled a notebook from her bag and placed it on the desk. Whether it would be useful or not she didn't really know but it was good to come prepared, right? Resting her chin on her right hand, she drummed the fingers of her left on the desk as she waited for the class to start.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm
"...I didn't choose it..."

She mumbled when she saw the look on Rosc's face...frowning she really was upset that someone...well she knew who but someone would have changed her music like that. Especially to that song, for Julian. Grumbling she sent a quick text to Julian he might know how to make it be quiet.

Reeshie Hack
Text to Julian:
Well it's killing me to know! by the way...how do I turn off the sound on my skellyphone...someone...changed my song...and uhm I'm about to start a class...

She raised an eyebrow when he pulled out an old fashion phone. Okay now she was interested in how he saw again. Why did he have to be so annoying and not willing to tell her. Tilting her head to the side she asked a different question,

"D..Do you like the healing classes?"

Great save >_<  

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Wyntre IceBlade
Julian: There should be a button on the side, it turns the volume down. I gotta go, I'll talk to you later.

"I wouldn't say I like them. A class is a class. But..." But anything he could learn to make his aches and pains go away was something. But he wasn't going to tell her that, either.
"But I suppose I prefer it to other things. First aid is something I'm at least somewhat familiar with. Not a bad idea, learning more." There, that was a good enough answer.

"I'd say that was all of a minute before you started being nosey again."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm
Reeshie Hack
Text to Julian:
Okay talk to you later!

Lumikki hit the button quickly to make the sound quiet, before she read it and smiled turning the phone slightly she saw the button he was talking about. Hitting the button happily she heard a few beeps before she didn't hear anything else. Smiling triumphantly, she looked back over at Rosc and listened to his comments.

Her mouth opened and then closed as she heard his comment about being nosey. Jerk...she mentally thought as she huffed and then turned her head to the front of the class. She was trying to not be nosey...and she was trying to be nice to him. But clearly he really didn't want any friends, too bad she actually wanted to try. Huffing she pulled out some paper and a quill maybe she could stab him if he made her too mad.  

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:56 pm
ramenli

TG felt eyes on him, and when he looked around to see it was not a ghoul, he frowned a moment. He then stuck out his tongue at the boil and turned back around to get comfortable on his own desk, still watching Nurse Cricket with hungry, grinning eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:34 pm
Upon hearing there was a first aids class being taught by nurse Cricket, Mei found herself heading straight to the class. If she was going to be focusing on healing and stuff alike, it was best that she learned more from the pro. slipping into the classroom, the doll snatched up an empty seat and waited for the class to begin.  

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:35 pm
She had to admit that this class had the lowest attendance she'd seen in one yet. However, that didn't seem to bother the nurse, who gave TG a rather calm look as she leaned over her desk to rest her head on the hand. "That's very kind, but I will be fine." she assured as she carefully tied her hair back behind her head, getting it out of her way, despite the fly-aways that seemed inclined to do whatever they pleased. It was easy to imagine that if Cricket just never braided her hair, every follicle would have a life of its own and go rampant and then the school would be eaten by hair that wasn't Junko's (the end).

"Well. It seems when I'm not talking about sex," she said the word with no emphasis, which actually made it sound rather creepy, "nobody wants to see me. Well enough. They will simply regret in the future having not been here." The nurse rose to her feet calmly, picking up one of the boxes and carefully setting it onto one of the desks that hadn't been taken. Several other boxes followed, set onto various desks that had nobody sitting in them.

"As it stands, this is going to be more of a work by yourself task than having me stand here and tell you how to save each other. I believe you put enough time into learning such things, that it is about time that you be given some tools." She turned back to her desk, picking up something off of it. It was a rather old and worn looking white 'box' shaped like a skull, the top cracking open to reveal compartments inside of it, each one being pulled open to take out various items which were spread out on her desk.

"This," she said calmly, "is a First Aid kit I made several years ago to give to a very dear friend of mine." Cricket explained, holding up the container and knocking on the outside of it. "It is reinforced with FEAR, and the box itself is capable of fitting onto a belt, thus can safely go into very precarious situations with you without burdening down your arms." she gave it a light toss up into the air before catching it. "Light as well." After she'd given the small run-down on it's form, she set it down as well.

"I believe it is about time that we had more of these floating around. Which is why I have taken it upon myself to make such a kit available... with some elbow grease on your part." Which meant work. Clearly somebody would be unhappy with that.

Moving between the desks she'd set boxes on, she pulled an item out of each of them, starting with the first one - which contained various boxes of different shapes, all light enough to be carried on a belt or a sash as Cricket had earlier demonstrated - and moving through the rest - gauze of various sizes, bandages, splints, glue (??), tape, small vials of red and blue liquid that would be familiar to some as Cricket's own healing potions, and the last containing a strange piece of chalk. Malodore would likely be able to recall the last time Cricket had brought out such a thing and put it to use.

"You may take up to three things from each box, and I suggest you make as much variety as you can, but it is up to you to decide what is important.." she instructed. "Make sure your space is organized to what works for you. Your kit must be able to close when you are done with it, as what is inside will need to be protected by..." she knocked on her own now-empty first aid kit, "what is on the outside. Once you have achieved a complete kit you can close, I will have something to show you to keep your first aid kit from being damaged."

She moved to start repacking the one she'd just taken apart. "I suggest you use your time wisely."

TO BUILD A FIRST AID KIT

In order to build a first aid kit, your student has to pick from a set of supplies that are rather varied and narrow it down to what they think should be in it!

It can contain only fifteen items or else it will be too heavy. If you are one of Cricket's mentoring students, you may pick up to twenty items instead.

The items to choose from

Remember, you may only choose up to three items from each box! Mentoring students may choose up to four.

The First Box

Bandages galore, holy crap!

From this box you may choose:

- Gauze pad x 5 (small)
    - Gauze pad x 5 (medium)
    - Gauze pad x 5 (large)
    - Box of Bandages (varied sizes, contains 20 self-adhesive bandages)
    - Gauze Roll (small)
    - Gauze Roll (medium)
    - Gauze Roll (large)
    - Ace Bandage (medium)
    - Ace Bandage (small)
    (Hmm, there is no large ace bandage. Ah well)

The Second Box

Less bandages. Spectrae would be so sad. Instead, this box is full of topical-skin treatments

From this box you may choose...

- Small bottles of antiseptic (which come with swabs)
    - packaged antiseptic wipes (come in sets of 10)
    - packaged ointment packets (come in sets of 10)
    - tube of anti-burn gel
    - aloe vera

The Third Box

This box is filled with a few strange oddities that you're not quite sure how to use....

From this box you may choose...

- an eye patch pirate (Only 1. If you use 2 you turn into a foxfire)
    - A FEAR injection pen (similar to en Epipen IRL. Comes in sets of 2)
    - Fast acting cold packs (sets of 3)
    - A bag of saline (Might need to ask Cricket how to use this one!)
    - Space blanket (Dad, are you space?)
    - Box of cotton swabs

The Fourth Box

The fourth box contains several vials of..curious fluids, but any student that has been in Cricket's infirmary would know she keeps them in a steady supply. Now if you could remember what was in them...

- The Red Potion - it smells sweet. Cricket says it works best topically.. which means don't drink it.
    - The Blue Potion - it doesn't smell like anything. Cricket says that may be ingested, but whoever drinks it might not like bringing up everything they just ate up in a few hours...
    - The Gold Potion - Cricket takes a small sip of it. 'It is particularly good against internal infections', she explains. Wait..what?
    - The Purple Potion - It doesn't seem like it does anything, but Cricket suggests you don't dump it on any undeads outside of Halloween unless you want to see something particularly scarring.
    - The Black Potion - this doesn't look safe at all, and Cricket just smiles when you ask about it.

Suspicious.

The Fifth Box

This box contains less 'medical' supplies, but rather important looking stuff anyways.

From this box, you may choose...

- Medical Sheers (AKA SCISSORS)
    - Medical Tape
    - A hot glue gun that seems to run on FEAR (ouch)
    - a pen light
    - flashlight
    - tweezers
    - Thermometer

The Sixth Box

This box contains five things in it - and you're not quite sure what they do... This box is noted as 'ONLY ONE'.

- A piece of chalk. It crumbles easily and if eaten..doesn't taste good. In fact, it causes massive amounts of pain and Cricket has to forcibly remove it from you. You're not allowed to touch the chalk again.
    - Cricket's own glowing 'centipedes'. They look to be 'babies', would be your guess. If you take them be careful. (You only get three. O_O)
    - A vial of a sickly green looking fluid. Sniffing it makes you feel a little bit ill.
    - A vial of clear liquid. You think it might just be plain old water, but...
    - A syringe that is capped and has a thick orange liquid in it. Cricket seems hesitant to be giving it out to the students, but....

Have your student pick their items from the boxes, and post a list of what they took at the bottom of your posts! They don't have to assemble it all in one post. However, you have until Wednesday, December 5th at 8 MST/7 PST to have this all done before Cricket shows you how to do more cool stuff.

O___O!!

You cannot pass off you Learned Ability after this point and still get the extra class perk, but you can still come in and play~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 pm
Jack was late.

Well, okay, Jack was actually perfectly fine with being late - it wasn't a first time that he had basically waltzed in to class after the bell had rung and gotten away with it. Maybe he would get lucky again. He had been really interested in the healing qualities that the class was promising, and had even had Tomoko pushing him around to make sure that he would make it in time.

He was just pretty magical about his lack of time knowledge.

Well, whatever, he was now in the class, and apologizing profusely to Nurse Cricket, hoping to get out with maybe a small scolding and some glaring eyes from the little fluffy kitsune girl.

[ I have the okay to post here hahahah ]  

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm
Tomoko was judging Jack right now, because she'd gotten him up nice and early so his hair would look good and he'd get to class on time, and now he was late and she really wanted to assault his hair with a brush so badly.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:21 pm
Millie looked at all the boxes. She really wasn't sure what would be useful.

Thinking of some of the ailments the dummies from her first aid 101 class, it would be best to grab a little of everything.
Maybe some things for puncture wounds.... The cold packs and burn gel looked pretty useful!

The potions were pretty. Millie had enough leftover room that she could just have pretty things, couldn't she? After all, if they're in the boxes, they're useful right?

Grabbing three potions at random... or semi-random as Millie just picked nice colors, she set those out on the table. She had no idea what they did, but she'd ask later. The syringe from the last box in particular was something she just had to have without really knowing why.

She realized she had done this all rather quickly and soon felt a little embarrassed having to sit there with little to do while others finished their work.
She rolled the gold potion around on her desk with her fingers trying to decide when the best time to ask what the black and red potions did.

"Umm..." Millie started rather quietly, but Nurse Cricket seemed busy at the moment, so she resumed rolling the potion around on her desk somberly.

Though it didn't take Millie very long to find rolling the potion around quite amusing and even laughed at it a couple times when it nearly rolled off her desk as she managed to steer it around back to the middle of the desk at the last minute.

Quote:
1. Gauze Roll (medium)
2. Gauze pad x 5 (large)
3. Box of Bandages (varied sizes, contains 20 self-adhesive bandages)
4. packaged antiseptic wipes (come in sets of 10)
5. Space blanket (Dad, are you space?)
6. an eye patch smilies/icon_pirate.gif (Only 1. If you use 2 you turn into a foxfire)
7. Fast acting cold packs (sets of 3)
8. The Gold Potion - Cricket takes a small sip of it. 'It is particularly good against internal infections', she explains. Wait..what?
9. The Red Potion - it smells sweet. Cricket says it works best topically.. which means don't drink it.
10. Medical Tape
11. a pen light
12. A hot glue gun that seems to run on FEAR (ouch)
13. The Black Potion - this doesn't look safe at all, and Cricket just smiles when you ask about it.
14. tube of anti-burn gel
15. A syringe that is capped and has a thick orange liquid in it. Cricket seems hesitant to be giving it out to the students, but....

Alicia Firestar

Fluffy Shapeshifter

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm
Rosc stood after Cricket was finished explaining what they were doing and he headed for the boxes to start gathering his supplies. The first box came first and inside, well. That was certainly a lot of familiar things. He took a mental note and moved from one box to another to take a quick inventory before heading back to the first box to start gathering things together.
A large gauze roll came first, followed by a medium ace bandage and a box of bandages. It might seem like a lot of bandages, but he knew that it was always better to be prepared on that front and rolls could go a long way to helping a number of injuries.

Instead of following order all the way through, though, once he had gathered the items from the first box, he went straight to the fifth and sixth. With bandages, you needed medical sheers and tape, even if many Halloweeners had claws.
The flashlight and pen light would do him no good as he didn’t really need light to see properly, and yet Cricket had never said these were for their use. She had said she needed more first aid kits and that the one she had she’d made for a friend. He might never use this kit. And so while he wouldn’t see the use in them, he knew that a flashlight might come in handy for someone else. So instead of the tweezers, he grabbed a flashlight instead.

From the sixth box, he very carefully took a piece of chalk. In truth he wasn’t sure what it did. But it reminded him of the other workshop he had taken with Cricket, of the tubs marked with chalk. He wasn’t sure if that was somehow connected of not, but it seemed like a much safer bet than any of the other unknown items in the box.

demon_pachabel
Are the potion vials labeled at all or in different shaped bottles or in a certain order in the box? I ask because Rosc can’t see in color, so I need to know if he can tell which is which without knowing the color. Besides the red, since it has a smell.

Overall List
1. Gauze Roll (Large)
- Ace Bandage (Medium)
- Box of Bandages

2. Anti-burn gel
- Antiseptic

3. FEAR injection pen
- Cold packs
- Space blanket

4. Red Potion
- Purple Potion* Tentative, depending on the answer to the above question
- Gold Potion* Tentative, depending on the answer to the above question

5. Medical Sheers
- Medical Tape
- Flashlight

6. Piece of Chalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:24 am
Reeshie Hack
They'd be denoted by size, as Cricket won't be giving an even amount of each potion out for reasons O_O

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 am
Rosc moved on to the fourth box, carefully considering what was in it. The potions were mostly unknown to him, baring the vague descriptions Cricket had given them. The fast that the potions were all different colors was lost on him, as he couldn’t see that anyways. It was only by some strange fluke that he could even see through glass, but then the fact that he could see at all made him less inclined to question the specifics of it.
The red potion was the first he took. It needed to be applied to the skin, so in theory it could be for any number of things. If it worked. He was sort of backing that Cricket would eventually explain what each did so that he could put a note in the box detailing what each potion did. It was never good to have something unknown in a first aid kit, someone might use it improperly. Like drinking the red potion.

After a moment of thought, he grabbed vials of the purple and gold potions. He had a feeling the purple did something with dead tissue since they weren’t supposed to use it on undead and fighting internal infections… could be useful. If he was understanding her right, that is.

Second to the first box, the third was the easiest to pick things out of.
Rosc didn’t waste time on the eye patch. If you really needed to cover yours eyes, a strip of cloth or bandage worked just as well as a patch. The FEAR injection pen, on the other hand, was far too useful to ignore, so he grabbed it along with the cold packs and a space blanket. He might have grabbed a bag of saline if he knew what it was used for, but having no idea whatsoever, he let it slide.

At this point, he only had enough room for two more items.
The antiseptic was the first thing he grabbed, the bottle rather than the wipes. It was a little old-fashioned, but in his mind bottles of medical equipment went a lot farther than wipes or packets. That being said, he considered also getting a package of wipes as well, since there were probably some out there who just wouldn’t know how to use the liquid form. But in the end the tube of anti-burn gel seemed much more useful.
If he had known the properties of aloe vera, he might have grabbed it instead, but in truth he’d never even heard of it, so he didn’t add it to his kit.

All the items he needed to put in his kit gathered, Rosc returned to his seat and set about trying to figure out how to pack all of the items into the kit in a practical way.

Overall List
1. Gauze Roll (Large)
- Ace Bandage (Medium)
- Box of Bandages

2. Anti-burn gel
- Antiseptic

3. FEAR injection pen
- Cold packs
- Space blanket

4. Red Potion
- Purple Potion
- Gold Potion