• Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:06 am
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
Walter has ganado
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
Against.

And im not an animal, i'm a human.

(also I'm so sorry to add in again but I think she was speaking in the terms of us biological, not mentally, being animals seeing as we are physically (once again, not mentally) classified as mammals which is a very common form of animal)

"we're animals too, and it's our instinct to crave for it." -Louisa Iris

I know what she meant but us humans have what we called "self-control" and "morals". People often use the reason "that were animals" to justify such uncontrollable actions. Humans should not be leveled with animals. Notice "crave" is in bold letters cause I want to point out that craving for sex is not the case for all humans but for all animals, it is.

I do believe though that she was no speaking so harshly, but rather it is a natural thing, just as being attracted to another human and having these feeling is natural. Also if we do not level ourselves with animal then we are glorifying ourselves to a rank beyond that of which your religion says we were made to be, even if humans were created just under that of angels we need to remember that we arent quite there yet. Also even in animals I personally feel that it is not a craving to have sex, but rather a deep instinctual need and desire to reproduce and raise your offspring to carry on your genetic line (that's what basic science regarding the matter says, at least), and taking that information and remembering that we are in fact biologically animals it is pretty safe to say that attraction and a desire to have sex (that humanity still doesn't have that solid of a grasp on due to social issues, religious issues, and scientific issues) is something that really can not be helped. I do respect your interpretation on the issue and how it relates to your beliefs though (but really I must say if I wanna shag a chick its the exact same feelings as wanting to shag a dude so please don't glorify heterosexual relationships through this argument please and thank you).

Ooh also fun thing to bring up on the side to what you are saying here is that this craving that is described could also be used to describe rape and being somebody who has had experience with things that are dark like that I would genuinely appreciate if it was recognized that by using the word craving you are also saying that things like that are in a way unavoidable, so please try and word it better next time because it is slightly triggering (I do understand what was meant and the words intended purpose was though, just giving my 2 cents on the word selection haha)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:19 am
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
Walter has ganado
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
Against.

And im not an animal, i'm a human.

(also I'm so sorry to add in again but I think she was speaking in the terms of us biological, not mentally, being animals seeing as we are physically (once again, not mentally) classified as mammals which is a very common form of animal)

"we're animals too, and it's our instinct to crave for it." -Louisa Iris

I know what she meant but us humans have what we called "self-control" and "morals". People often use the reason "that were animals" to justify such uncontrollable actions. Humans should not be leveled with animals. Notice "crave" is in bold letters cause I want to point out that craving for sex is not the case for all humans but for all animals, it is.

Also i am so sorry to double quote you here but i believe that by only using this one section of the quote from the origonal poster, rather than the whole paragraph is sort of twisting the meaning behind what she was saying.
Louisa Iris
i'm for gay marriage. who are we to stop two people from loving one another. i mean, what' wrong with it, eh? they don't always have sex or do anything perverted all the time. any couple could do that (even heteros), not just homos. plus, what's wrong with sex if both parties agree to it? we're animals too, and it's our instinct to crave for it. it's not up to someone to dictate who can be our partner.

that is what was origonally said, and I perceive what she meant as being more of a "When you are in a relationship most of the time this is what happens, and if you run things off of animalistic instincts seeing as we are animals this is how i perceive it." Also, she made a very good point in that being married is not all about the sex. Heck, people go their whole lives without frickle frackling, so who is to say that you would WANT to, it is all up to you (also stated by her when she talks about the importance of consent)  

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 am
Walter has ganado

That word didn't originally come from me. I was just quoting the person to explain my view as to why I dont agree on "we're animals too" and I didn't mean to trigger any bad experiences whatsoever. The "it" was obviously referring to sex.

I was only trying to say I dont believe that we all have a "thirst or hunger" for "it" like the animals do. There are people that are conservative, practicing celibacy, etc. so not all have the "instinct" to "ache" for "it". That was my only concern on Iris' post that's why it is the only portion of her post that I quoted.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:49 am
I believe that it shouldn't matter what sex you are, if a person wants to get married who are we to stop them?  

Strange Lizard

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

MonkeyGirl188

Friendly Friend

10,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:57 am
I'm against it because I don't really think it's right because marriage is meant for a man and a woman. I'm not going to into depth of why I don't like it. I have no problem with gays, I just don't like gay marriage.

But if they do want to get married, they should at least go to a church that accepts gay marriage or something else. I mean, if a church doesn't accept gay marriage then the two people should try another place. But I don't see how gay marriage works. I mean, who's going to be the husband and who's going to be the wife or what? Gay marriage just doesn't make sense to me as well as marriage between a man and a woman isn't set *or whatever the word is* until they have sex. Also, imo, a married couple should be able to have kids. But it's all my opinion. I think as long as they stick together as if they were married without getting married, it can be like one. I mean, as long as the two people love each other, they shouldn't depend on marriage to keep them together. They can be together for a lifetime without getting married.

But all in all, if a gay couple gets married, I don't mind, I'm just against it imo.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:00 pm
For. Who do people think they are to decide that two people can;t be happy together> I don't know about everyone else here, haha, but I like the whole "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" section in one of America's documents. People are so strung up about gender roles because it's what society has dictated for so long.  

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:21 pm
I'm highly for it. I go for personality in the people I choose to date, not what lies between their legs. Though I'm notably more drawn to females I don't care what you identify as, if I find you charming that's that.

If I chose to marry at any point I dare anyone to say I'm wrong for loving whomever becomes that special to me enough to want to tell the world and a little ceremony. It's my life, my business, my bedroom and I don't give a damn what others do in their spare time, they should have the courtesy not to think their opinion deserves to dictate a would be special day for me or anyone else.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:01 am
I am for.
I do not see why limiting someone else/s rights to marriage makes other people feel so threaten. Or why they are so worried about what goes on between 2 other people in their private time.  

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Yupsilon

Loyal Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:32 pm
For.
I'm not sure why it has to be the business of others how someone is attracted to another religious reasons or not. It's a bit ridiculous how that is, but people are entitled to their opinions regardless of what they think. And I also happen to have been married to another girl for two years now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:38 pm
I accept the church having a right (not a requirement) not to marry people of the same sex.

I don't believe the Government should force that choice, however marriages legalized by the Government should include gay marriage because they have no reason not to and Church and State should always be separate.

Love doesn't equal marriage. So no one should stand in the way of people loving each other. The issue of marriage can be more complicated then just for or against.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

out of controll

Lady Warlord

22,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 pm
MonkeyGirl188
I'm against it because I don't really think it's right because marriage is meant for a man and a woman. I'm not going to into depth of why I don't like it. I have no problem with gays, I just don't like gay marriage.

But if they do want to get married, they should at least go to a church that accepts gay marriage or something else. I mean, if a church doesn't accept gay marriage then the two people should try another place. But I don't see how gay marriage works. I mean, who's going to be the husband and who's going to be the wife or what? Gay marriage just doesn't make sense to me as well as marriage between a man and a woman isn't set *or whatever the word is* until they have sex. Also, imo, a married couple should be able to have kids. But it's all my opinion. I think as long as they stick together as if they were married without getting married, it can be like one. I mean, as long as the two people love each other, they shouldn't depend on marriage to keep them together. They can be together for a lifetime without getting married.

But all in all, if a gay couple gets married, I don't mind, I'm just against it imo.

Marriage is a big thing for a lot of people. It is a mile stone in ones relationship, making a commitment to your love that you are theirs and theirs always. Should we deny those people their right to be happy with the love of their life? Yes, i think that if a church is against it that they should not HAVE to offer it, but i think it should be legal.

Personally I am a bi sexual female, engaged to a male but the true love of my life was a girl. I loved her more then anything and I would have married her in a heartbeat given the chance. As fate would have it, she was taken from me before I got the chance, but if I had been given the chance I would not have wanted my government to tell me that I could not make a commitment to her just because of the gender I was born. I wanted to raise a family with her, adopt the children who don't have homes and share our love with them, but its harder to adopt when you are not married. So because the love of my life was born with the same parts as me, I shouldn't have that with her?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:45 pm
White Flag Idiot
I'm highly for it. I go for personality in the people I choose to date, not what lies between their legs. Though I'm notably more drawn to females I don't care what you identify as, if I find you charming that's that.

If I chose to marry at any point I dare anyone to say I'm wrong for loving whomever becomes that special to me enough to want to tell the world and a little ceremony. It's my life, my business, my bedroom and I don't give a damn what others do in their spare time, they should have the courtesy not to think their opinion deserves to dictate a would be special day for me or anyone else.

Well said.  

out of controll

Lady Warlord

22,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150

InterstateDaisy

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 pm
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
darlindol17

May I ask exactly why you're against gay marriage? Is it because of religion or a legitimate reason?

I'm against "it" (the subject of same sex marriage/union, not the people involved in it) because it is against the natural law and against God, the Creator of all things.

While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. The first mention of marriage, Genesis 2:24, describes it as a man leaving his parents and being united to his wife. In passages that contain instructions regarding marriage, such as 1 Corinthians 7:2-16 and Ephesians 5:23-33, the Bible clearly identifies marriage as being between a man and a woman. Biblically speaking, marriage is the lifetime union of a man and a woman, primarily for the purpose of building a family and providing a stable environment for that family.

The Bible alone, however, does not have to be used to demonstrate this understanding of marriage. The biblical viewpoint of marriage has been the universal understanding of marriage in every human civilization in world history. History argues against gay marriage. Modern secular psychology recognizes that men and women are psychologically and emotionally designed to complement one another. In regard to the family, psychologists contend that a union between a man and woman in which both spouses serve as good gender role models is the best environment in which to raise well-adjusted children. Psychology argues against gay marriage. In nature/physicality, clearly, men and women were designed to “fit” together sexually. With the “natural” purpose of sexual intercourse being procreation, clearly only a sexual relationship between a man and a woman can fulfill this purpose. Nature argues against gay marriage.

According to the Bible, marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Gay marriage/same-sex marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage.

Also, God is a God of love (1 John 4:8 ) and a just God. He hates not the sinner but the sin. Don't confuse love with lust, affection, friendship, infatuation, etc. This is love: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
(1 Cor. 13:4)

The thing is that the Church should have no say in a marriage. Churches (At least in America) don't pay taxes and therefore don't have the right to dictate marriage. Likewise, there is a separation of church and state because if you use christian ideas to determine laws, then you violate other's rights to freedom of religion (Likewise, lack there of). Churches don't own marriage.

Yes nature disagrees with it but if marriage had to do for procreation, then we would have laws banning the infertile from marrying. They cannot create a family. They can adopt, yes, but so can a gay couple.

Typically all relationships, whether it be woman and man, man and man, or woman and woman have two partners that fill in eachother. They may have similar ideals but they still act differently. I've seen it more that kids just need two people in general. Like a single mom with grandma's help works just fine. I'd like to see statistics on children raised in homes with same sex parents that show that these children have problems. Furthermore, if two people are in love and feel they complete eachother, then they do. From my experiences, I've seen homosexual couples last MUCH longer than heterosexual couples. So whatever psychology thing you're reading seems pretty jacked up because there are many homosexual couples that feel comfortable and completed with someone else of their same gender.

History may argue against gay marriage but time changes things. Marriages started out as buisness deals and family deals (Hint hint, have you ever heard of ARRANGED MARRIAGES? They pop up everywhere in many societies). Some of these arranged couples may have fallen in love but nobody really cared. It was all about "Well if my daughter and your son marry and have a family, it binds our families together so we can protect eachother or form an alliance." and things like that. Over time marriage evolved into being about love. Ideas in society evolve and change as time goes on so really all you're doing is refusing to move on in life.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:39 pm
InterstateDaisy

The thing is that the Church should have no say in a marriage. Churches (At least in America) don't pay taxes and therefore don't have the right to dictate marriage. Likewise, there is a separation of church and state because if you use christian ideas to determine laws, then you violate other's rights to freedom of religion (Likewise, lack there of). Churches don't own marriage.

God originally designed marriage between a man and a woman: “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a companion for him who corresponds to him.” (Gen. 2:18-24) God is also love and any union that involves love has something to do with God and thus the Church. The law/state's only role in marriage is for legal purposes, contract signing and stuff.

Human dignity, legal equality, personal freedom, morality, etc. reflect biblical values and so we cannot totally say that the Church has zero influence on the law because these values are essential in determining and keeping the law, order and balance of things. You can't label "moral values" or "goodness" as "Christian ideas" because there are many groups that uses the Bible, not only Christians. And when it comes to religion, not one is mentioned in the Bible so it has nothing to do with religion.

InterstateDaisy

Ideas in society evolve and change as time goes on so really all you're doing is refusing to move on in life.

All I'm doing really is abiding to the natural order of things - balance and to the order of God who created all things.  

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

I Love Bad Puns

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:05 pm
Personally, I am neither for nor against. It's not my business what other people's interests and love life are. Gay marriage is legal? That's great. Gay marriage is not legal? That's fine too. I just hate seeing everyone's relationship preference flaunted in front of my face, be them gay or straight. You know what I mean? sweatdrop  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff