Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Art I~ Open- Intro 2061-'62 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:13 am
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Two

Class List:
Victoria Macclellan
Feather Snow
Emily Vanadeth

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Third Years. She was still feeling a bit of separation anxiety from being away from her twins but she was sure that Joey was taking wonderful care of them along with, somewhat unnecessary, help from her mother. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art I, my name is Professor Hawthorne and I will be instructing you this year. To start the class I'd like you to introduce yourself, which House you're in, and why you chose Art. I'll get things started off! My name is Naitanna Hawthorne, I didn't attend Hogwarts but I was told I would have made a great Ravenclaw, and I'm in Art because I love the multiple ways I can express myself. Now one of you."

The Shiny Furret

shabatha

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year, new hopes] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:20 am
User Image

User Image
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori hurried into the Art classroom, beaming with excitement. She couldn't wait to get started painting and drawing! Of course, she wasn't a skilled artist now, but with help from this class, she'd be drawing out plans for her newest fashion line in no time! Taking her seat, she smiled up at professor, who made the point to mention that she never attended Hogwarts. Tori wondered where she went to school, then. She didn't sound French or American, so that ruled out those possibilities. Either way, the lady seemed very kind. Taking her turn to introduce herself, Tori stood and waved. "It's nice to meet you, Professor Hawthorne! I'm Victoria Macclellan, but I go by Tori or Tori Rae or whatever you want to call me, really. I'm a Gryffindor, and I enrolled in Art because I'll need to know how to draw and stuff when I become a famous fashion designer," she said with a nod of confidence. For a thirteen year old, she certainly had her priorities straightened out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR THIRD YEARxxx

I wear a disguise. I'm just your average Jane. The super doesn't stand for model, but that doesn't mean I'm plain.
                                                            If all you see is how I look, you miss the superchick within. And I christen you titanic, underestimate and swim.
                                                            I've got the rifle gonna be myself. I'll be everything that I want to be! I am confidence in insecurity.
                                                            I am a voice yet waiting to be heard. I'll shoot the shot, bang, that you hear round the world. I'm a one girl revolution.

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:21 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Victoria Macclellan
Feather Snow
Emily Vanadeth

Tanna just stood and lightly chuckled at the exuberant third year that was introducing herself getting reminded of her youngest sister at that age. When she said she joined art so she could become a fashion designer the woman grinned brightly, happy that the girl, Tori, had figured out what she wanted to do early in life and was excited at the prospect. Not many could say that at the tender age of thirteen. "It's very nice to meet you Miss Tori Rae Macclellan and you are on exact right track if you want to become a fashion designer. I hope you'll learn and absorb all that you can and be sure to remember us when you become famous in the future." she replied with another chuckle. Soon it was time for them to leave and she waved them off without any mention of homework because really, it was only the first day!

***Next Class***

Tanna was over the moon at how many students were in her introductory Art class. She made sure to smile at each person as they walked, on time or a bit late. The young teacher walked over to the chalk board and began writing in her curly script: Lighting and Frame in your artwork "There are a number of ways that light affects or interacts with artwork, from how a piece is lit, to deliberately incorporating the interaction of light within the work. Lighting of artwork is crucial to supporting the meaning of the artwork. Strong lighting creates strong highlights and shadows, which enhances the physical form of the object. Strong lighting is often used with classical Greek and Roman sculptures of the human body. The lighting reveals the contours of the figure and emphasizes its physicality. Diffuse lighting, which means the light on the object is more spread out, minimizing shadows and contrasts and making the object appear flatter, minimizes the physicality and contours of the body, and accents its stiff pose. Light in other works of art could be for dramatic contrast, to enhance the beauty of what or whom ever you draw or paint, or to create a two dimensional look to your artwork.
Now, that's just the lighting you create, natural light such as from candles, light bulbs or sunlight can also enhance the beauty of your art. Reflections are like magic in some ways. They transform a space in dramatic ways and make it appear infinitely larger, depending on the placement of reflective surfaces such as mirrors. Water can also be used to make reflections to create a sense of peace, calm, and serenity. Water has a naturally soothing effect on people, and the depth of a reflection within a pool creates an opportunity for contemplation.
Framing for all intent and purposes is not just the frame holding in the picture, it is also the main focal point of your art. Without a frame your art could seem endless with one no mater how big or small it is constrained but in a way that you created.

Tanna paused after her short speech and looked to see if anyone was confused before going back over to the board and writing, Proportions .
"Proportion refers to the relative size of parts of a whole (elements within an object). We often think of proportions in terms of size relationships within the human body.Michelangelo's sculpture David represents the Renaissance emphasis on the ideal, based on the ancient Greek model of the ideal: rationality reflected in the portrayal of perfection in the human body."[ Here Tanna gestured to her own smaller David on the side of the classroom.] "This sculpture is an excellent illustration of both scale and proportion in art. Proportion doesn't just stop at the human body, it could be used for landscapes, portraits, interior design. floral arrangements even! And, it can also be used to make dramatic and even controversial images of what you want to convey. The art of photomontage is a method where you piece together elements from different sources and alter the scale of objects in the composition as well as proportions within the human body. Think of it as almost making a cartoon but using real images of that person.

For the remainder of class I would like you to do two things for me: First, I would like you to draw whatever comes to mind and then attempt to add light and or frame to this sketch. Second, I'd like for you to attempt to draw your head, not just your face your actual head, using the mirrors provided upon my desk. If you have any questions or issues please don't hesitate to ask me.
Now as for homework I would like you all to go into a bathroom that has a mirror and take a candle with you. Light the candle and examine your face from different angles to see the different contrast and shadows the light offers and if you can draw your favorite angle. Another exercise I'd like for you is to go take a walk at different times of the day, if your schedule allows you, and notice the light the sun makes upon the area around you. Mark the shadows and note where they are and if they moved. This isn't graded it's merely a guide to enhance your knowledge and understanding of lighting. If you hit a problem please don't hesitate to raise a hand and when you're finished you may leave."
she grinned happily and waited for everyone to start.

The Shiny Furret

shabatha

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:57 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Victoria Macclellan
Feather Snow
Emily Vanadeth

Tanna walked into her Art classroom excited for her budding artists. She had been looking over their past works in her office and she could see the visible improvement in some and also the raw talent in others. It was enough to make her want to dance when she thought she was helping the next generation of artists! That thought in mind she smiled and eagerly went over to her blackboard to write, Backgrounds, before turning to the small class.
"Hello again students! I've been so impressed by all of your sketches these past few weeks so I think you're ready for the big shot. Today we'll be putting together all that we've learned with one simple idea: backgrounds. One of the biggest challenges in drawing and sketching is tackling background space. Often times we get caught up in the foreground and ignore or only half-heartedly realize a successful background for our foreground imagery to occupy. A strongly drawn or sketched background can provide necessary context for what’s happening in the foreground, and can add visual interest to keep the viewer’s eye moving and examining the image. And pencils are a robust but forgiving medium that provide the flexibility to explore these background environments. The rules to background are pretty simple:

Overlap: How objects overlap other objects in the picture determines how the viewer understands the space. Anything overlapping or partially obscuring something else will appear closer to the viewer
Relative Scale: Obviously, things that are bigger will appear closer, especially in comparison to a smaller version of the same kind of object.
Relative Position: This may be less intuitive than the previous two concepts, but things that are lower in the picture appear closer. Things that are higher seem farther away.
Dark vs Light: Dark objects usually appear closer and light objects usually appear distant. This is a real phenomenon in nature known as atmospheric perspective. It’s the reason far-away mountains are a light, hazy blue, while closer mountains and other objects are darker and retain more contrast.
Horizon: The horizon is always the same as the viewer’s eye level. You can place the horizon wherever you want in a drawing, but it determines the viewer’s eye level. So anything placed above the horizon line is above the viewer. Correspondingly, anything below the horizon is below the viewer. So unless you want the viewer to think he’s floating on a broomstick, you’d better make sure that street lamp extends above the horizon.

Currently on your desks are different subjects, animals, people, inanimate objects, etc., what I would like you to do is draw a background around that subject and create a story. Is that a lion in an African safari or lounging in the shade of a muggle office building? Why is their a tea cup in the middle of a pond? Whatever it is you can think of create! For extra credit you could sketch both the subject and the background and I'll award your points towards your overall grade as well as House Points!"
Tanna clapped happily excited for today's project.

The Shiny Furret

shabatha

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:07 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Layton Bannister
Violante Lillantine

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Third Years. She had felt terrible about leaving her family after spending the gloriously long summer with them but there was nothing she could do. Her boys were reaching an age where they noticed she wasn't around as much as she'd liked but she was hoping to change that a bit this year. She instead began to focus on her fresh faced third years that she would get to teach. As much as she enjoyed her older years, especially her seventh, she truly loved her third years because of all the genuine potential she could see shining through them. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art I, my name is Professor Hawthorne and I will be instructing you this year. To start the class I'd like you to introduce yourself, which House you're in, and why you chose Art. I'll get things started off! My name is Naitanna Hawthorne, I didn't attend Hogwarts but I was told I would have made a great Ravenclaw, and I'm in Art because I love the multiple ways I can express myself. Now one of you."

Deviled Dregs

The Forgotten Weasley

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:21 pm
User Image

User Image

Hufflepuff │ Reserve Seeker │ Third Year

Layton walked into Art, excited for the class. He had never really thought of himself as much of an artist, although he did enjoy doodling from time to time. He wanted to broaden his horizons, though. Taking a seat in the middle, he listened to the professor's introductions before giving his own. "My name is Layton Bannister, Hufflepuff, and I chose to take Art because I want to branch out and try new things."

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:22 am
All the way from where we came, built a mansion in a day;
Distant lightning, thunder claps, watch our neighbor's house collapse.
Looked the other way, and then the storm was overhead!
In the absence of a breeze, scatter what remains!
Every warning we ignored, drifting in from distant shores...
The wind presents a change of course; a second reckoning of sorts.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinThird YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio had been looking forward to Art as a more relaxing, less intense class, but there could always be surprises around the corner. The professor was a pleasant looking woman with a warm smile. As it was a very small class, Vio didn't have to wait long for her turn to introduce herself. "Violante Lillantine, Slytherin. I wanted to take this class because I think art's intriguing. Like... every piece is a reflection in some way of whomever created it. So, if you want to understand people, you have to figure out their creations. Also, I like to draw, and I want to get better," she shrugged.

OOC:
Username

We were wasted waiting for a comedown of revolving doors!
Fate, don't fail me now, and when the days that followed past...
In another mansion built to last; from our window we could see-
Only possibilities down the road and back!
Auctioned off our memories; in the absence of a breeze;
Scatter what remains, fate, don't fail me now!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:54 am

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Layton Bannister
Violante Lillantine

Tanna was over the moon at how dedicated her small class was in her introductory Art class. She made sure to smile at each person as they walked, on time or a bit late. The young teacher walked over to the chalk board and began writing in her curly script: Lighting and Frame in your artwork "There are a number of ways that light affects or interacts with artwork, from how a piece is lit, to deliberately incorporating the interaction of light within the work. Lighting of artwork is crucial to supporting the meaning of the artwork. Strong lighting creates strong highlights and shadows, which enhances the physical form of the object. Strong lighting is often used with classical Greek and Roman sculptures of the human body. The lighting reveals the contours of the figure and emphasizes its physicality. Diffuse lighting, which means the light on the object is more spread out, minimizing shadows and contrasts and making the object appear flatter, minimizes the physicality and contours of the body, and accents its stiff pose. Light in other works of art could be for dramatic contrast, to enhance the beauty of what or whom ever you draw or paint, or to create a two dimensional look to your artwork.
Now, that's just the lighting you create, natural light such as from candles, light bulbs or sunlight can also enhance the beauty of your art. Reflections are like magic in some ways. They transform a space in dramatic ways and make it appear infinitely larger, depending on the placement of reflective surfaces such as mirrors. Water can also be used to make reflections to create a sense of peace, calm, and serenity. Water has a naturally soothing effect on people, and the depth of a reflection within a pool creates an opportunity for contemplation.
Framing for all intent and purposes is not just the frame holding in the picture, it is also the main focal point of your art. Without a frame your art could seem endless with one no mater how big or small it is constrained but in a way that you created.

Tanna paused after her short speech and looked to see if anyone was confused before going back over to the board and writing, Proportions .
"Proportion refers to the relative size of parts of a whole (elements within an object). We often think of proportions in terms of size relationships within the human body.Michelangelo's sculpture David represents the Renaissance emphasis on the ideal, based on the ancient Greek model of the ideal: rationality reflected in the portrayal of perfection in the human body."[ Here Tanna gestured to her own smaller David on the side of the classroom.] "This sculpture is an excellent illustration of both scale and proportion in art. Proportion doesn't just stop at the human body, it could be used for landscapes, portraits, interior design. floral arrangements even! And, it can also be used to make dramatic and even controversial images of what you want to convey. The art of photomontage is a method where you piece together elements from different sources and alter the scale of objects in the composition as well as proportions within the human body. Think of it as almost making a cartoon but using real images of that person.

For the remainder of class I would like you to do two things for me: First, I would like you to draw whatever comes to mind and then attempt to add light and or frame to this sketch. Second, I'd like for you to attempt to draw your head, not just your face your actual head, using the mirrors provided upon my desk. If you have any questions or issues please don't hesitate to ask me.
Now as for homework I would like you all to go into a bathroom that has a mirror and take a candle with you. Light the candle and examine your face from different angles to see the different contrast and shadows the light offers and if you can draw your favorite angle. Another exercise I'd like for you is to go take a walk at different times of the day, if your schedule allows you, and notice the light the sun makes upon the area around you. Mark the shadows and note where they are and if they moved. This isn't graded it's merely a guide to enhance your knowledge and understanding of lighting. If you hit a problem please don't hesitate to raise a hand and when you're finished you may leave."

Deviled Dregs

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:03 am

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Layton Bannister
Violante Lillantine

Tanna walked into her Art classroom excited for her budding artists. She had been looking over their past works in her office and she could see the visible improvement in some and also the raw talent in others. It was enough to make her want to dance when she thought she was helping the next generation of artists! That thought in mind she smiled and eagerly went over to her blackboard to write, Backgrounds, before turning to the small class.
"Hello again students! I've been so impressed by all of your sketches these past few weeks so I think you're ready for the big shot. Today we'll be putting together all that we've learned with one simple idea: backgrounds. One of the biggest challenges in drawing and sketching is tackling background space. Often times we get caught up in the foreground and ignore or only half-heartedly realize a successful background for our foreground imagery to occupy. A strongly drawn or sketched background can provide necessary context for what’s happening in the foreground, and can add visual interest to keep the viewer’s eye moving and examining the image. And pencils are a robust but forgiving medium that provide the flexibility to explore these background environments. The rules to background are pretty simple:

Overlap: How objects overlap other objects in the picture determines how the viewer understands the space. Anything overlapping or partially obscuring something else will appear closer to the viewer
Relative Scale: Obviously, things that are bigger will appear closer, especially in comparison to a smaller version of the same kind of object.
Relative Position: This may be less intuitive than the previous two concepts, but things that are lower in the picture appear closer. Things that are higher seem farther away.
Dark vs Light: Dark objects usually appear closer and light objects usually appear distant. This is a real phenomenon in nature known as atmospheric perspective. It’s the reason far-away mountains are a light, hazy blue, while closer mountains and other objects are darker and retain more contrast.
Horizon: The horizon is always the same as the viewer’s eye level. You can place the horizon wherever you want in a drawing, but it determines the viewer’s eye level. So anything placed above the horizon line is above the viewer. Correspondingly, anything below the horizon is below the viewer. So unless you want the viewer to think he’s floating on a broomstick, you’d better make sure that street lamp extends above the horizon.

Currently on your desks are different subjects, animals, people, inanimate objects, etc., what I would like you to do is draw a background around that subject and create a story. Is that a lion in an African safari or lounging in the shade of a muggle office building? Why is their a tea cup in the middle of a pond? Whatever it is you can think of create! For extra credit you could sketch both the subject and the background and I'll award your points towards your overall grade as well as House Points!"
Tanna clapped happily excited for today's project.

Deviled Dregs

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:02 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Pamela Gautreaux
Alice Beckstead
Sybil Vance
Selina Grey
Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop
Levi Gamble
Lionel Lira
Avian Lovette

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Third Years. She had felt terrible about leaving her family after spending the gloriously long summer with them but there was nothing she could do. Her boys were reaching an age where they noticed she wasn't around as much as she'd liked but she was hoping to change that a bit this year. She instead began to focus on her fresh faced third years that she would get to teach. As much as she enjoyed her older years, especially her seventh, she truly loved her third years because of all the genuine potential she could see shining through them. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art I, my name is Professor Hawthorne and I will be instructing you this year. To start the class I'd like you to introduce yourself, which House you're in, and why you chose Art. I'll get things started off! My name is Naitanna Hawthorne, I didn't attend Hogwarts but I was told I would have made a great Ravenclaw, and I'm in Art because I love the multiple ways I can express myself. Now one of you."

Deviled Dregs

RedEagleEye007

Cara MiaKitty

kiska166

Jade Galaksylph

mc2

Graydon Ironshield

stitchkin babe

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:53 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fouʀth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅳ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅳ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

It felt kinda weird to Selina being in this Art class, since it was the introductory class, when she already was taking the next level of it, and had started the class the day before. So she'd already met Professor Hawthorne, and knew what to expect. She was also, so far as she knew, the only Fourth Year taking her Third Year class. So she felt kind silly when she stood up to introduce herself to a teacher whom already knew whom she was. "Grey, Selina Grey, from Ravenclaw House," she said in perfunctory fashion. "I chose this class because I enjoy drawing and painting, and I wanted to have at least one fun class."

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:56 pm
User Image

Time: 2031-2032
Looking: Adorable
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Alice was excited to take art taught by a formal instructor. She had drawn and painted all her life it felt like. She had given Eira books even of stories illustrated by her. Eira always seemed to like them. She loved the professor right away who seemed so nice and friendly though she grew nervous when she found out it was time for introductions. She bit her lip for a moment when it came to her turn and then spoke up in a bit of a squeak, "I'm Alice Beckstead in Ravenclaw. I... I took art because... well I know it is silly probably... but I'd like to be an illustrator someday." She turned bright red and ducked her head having blurted out her ambition so boldly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                            Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:48 am
User Image

Avian Zechariah Lovette

Third YearPurebloodMusic LoverRavenclawFirst-born

Lying in my backyard, head is facing skyward
                      I'd imagine all the things that I could be
                      A pilot or a fighter, an astronaut or writer
                      Anything except just being (me)

And oh, the bells would start to ring
                      Words came to my head and I would start to sing

╔═.♬.═══════════════════════╗

Avian walked in the classroom looking quite glad that he was in the class that he actually really liked, because he hated his electives so much aside from Music. It pretty much lighten up his salty mood after that boring class of Wizard Law Class, dear that elective was quite boring than he expected, especially when he never, ever, wanted to work for the Ministry.

He happily sat down with class beside his housemate Alice, who now sported... bleached hair? He was really curious about what happened to her brunette hair. Well it wasn't like he was against white hair or anything, it was just weird to see someone who wasn't a metamorphagus who suddenly has a different color this year. Unless... Alice was a metamorphagus, which was yet to be confirmed.

He listened at her introduction, which he noticed that she had a red face and looked so embarrassed. That made him wonder because there was literally nothing wrong with her statement it was so weird. He supposed maybe he should just be a nice person and cheer her up, "Hey" He told his housemate, "That's a great intro, and being an illustrator is really a nice ambition to take, don't worry" After that, he was the next person to introduce himself and introduced himself in a cordially proper manner, "My name is Avian Lovette, from Ravenclaw. I took art because that's where I... well, aside from playing a guitar and making music, drawing and all was one of those things I really love to do so... yeah," He chuckled before taking his seat, as if denying the fact that he was also nervous in this class, especially when he knew that one of his cousins attended in this class and excelled at it.

╚═.♬.═══════════════════════╝

With the *moon as the spotlight* that shines on me
                      And the stars were the *lighters* in the air
                      And the wind screaming loud sounded just like a crowd
                      And I swore I was already there and I'd howl at the moon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking : "Ah yes, he class that matter."
With : Alice Beckstead
Attire : Student Robes

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:06 am
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 art room x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 third years x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny? (uniform)

Sybil took a quick seat in art, actually rather pleased. She'd heard good things about art class from her sister, so she was certainly excited - this was definitely one of her most fun classes. "I'm Sybil Vance of Ravenclaw house. I chose art class because I've always been interested in art." She shrugged. It was as simple as that.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:40 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Pamela Gautreaux
Alice Beckstead
Sybil Vance
Selina Grey
Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop
Levi Gamble
Lionel Lira
Avian Lovette

Tanna was over the moon at how dedicated her small class was in her introductory Art class. She made sure to smile at each person as they walked, on time or a bit late. The young teacher walked over to the chalk board and began writing in her curly script: Lighting and Frame in your artwork "There are a number of ways that light affects or interacts with artwork, from how a piece is lit, to deliberately incorporating the interaction of light within the work. Lighting of artwork is crucial to supporting the meaning of the artwork. Strong lighting creates strong highlights and shadows, which enhances the physical form of the object. Strong lighting is often used with classical Greek and Roman sculptures of the human body. The lighting reveals the contours of the figure and emphasizes its physicality. Diffuse lighting, which means the light on the object is more spread out, minimizing shadows and contrasts and making the object appear flatter, minimizes the physicality and contours of the body, and accents its stiff pose. Light in other works of art could be for dramatic contrast, to enhance the beauty of what or whom ever you draw or paint, or to create a two dimensional look to your artwork.
Framing for all intent and purposes is not just the frame holding in the picture, it is also the main focal point of your art. Without a frame your art could seem endless with one no mater how big or small it is constrained but in a way that you created."

Tanna paused after her short speech and looked to see if anyone was confused before going back over to the board and writing, Proportions.
"Proportion refers to the relative size of parts of a whole (elements within an object). We often think of proportions in terms of size relationships within the human body.Michelangelo's sculpture David represents the Renaissance emphasis on the ideal, based on the ancient Greek model of the ideal: rationality reflected in the portrayal of perfection in the human body." (Here Tanna gestured to her own smaller David on the side of the classroom.) "This sculpture is an excellent illustration of both scale and proportion in art. Proportion doesn't just stop at the human body, it could be used for landscapes, portraits, interior design. floral arrangements even! And, it can also be used to make dramatic and even controversial images of what you want to convey. The art of photomontage is a method where you piece together elements from different sources and alter the scale of objects in the composition as well as proportions within the human body. Think of it as almost making a cartoon but using real images of that person.

Deviled Dregs

RedEagleEye007

Cara MiaKitty

kiska166

Jade Galaksylph

mc2

Graydon Ironshield

stitchkin babe

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff