Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Amadeli rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Amadeli

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff Second Year

Thinking: Maybe seeker will be more my speed.
Feeling: Ready
Where: Pitch
With: Professor, classmates
Wearing: Uniform
Single

I'd rather waltz that just walk through the forest
The trees keep tempo and sway in time

Nora trotted onto the pitch with apprehension - her shoulder was sore and bruised from where she had collided with the bludger the week prior. She listened silently to the professor, then hopped on a broom and swept off the ground. She floated high above the ground - all the better to observe the area - and was thankful for her lack of the fear of heights. Scanning the pitch, she paused to tie her hair up and out of her eyes - being seeker was an unforgiving position, and if she hoped to even spot the glint of gold she would need every inch of her sight obscured.

Roll: 15+1+2=18 total
AC:10+1+2=15
Modifiers: Advanced Flying I (+1)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer (+2), Mean Swing(+2), Dang Healthy
Lives: O O O O
Spotted:
Caught:

Quartets of crickets chime in for the chorus
If I were to strum on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon thought about what Veronica said. “I suppose you have a valid point.” He gave her that. He just wanted to make sure that no one was thinking on position was better over the other. There were some people like that he hadn’t to admit but it was true. It seemed however he had nothing to worry about. Letting his students go at finding the snitch it seemed none of them could find it just year. Of course that was one of the hardest parts.

With: my third year class

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch 19+ to spot, 22+ to catch.

((No reason really just being professional but then I keep forgetting to do the same for Jess cause well it’s a long name to type out… why is it a bad thing? Should I stop?))

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:52 am
User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Thirteen Years Old
Third Year

User Image

Dmitri tousled his hair out of his eyes with the quick shake of his head. Dark eyes wisped across the grassy fields spying for a touch of gold to glitter in his sights. The other third years were hot on the trail, their brooms kicked up into the air and they all throttled their own separate ways. Some kept their bellies closer to the earth while others soared higher up above for an eagles eye view. Dmitri hovered at the middle of the playing field, tossing his gaze over his shoulder as he sought out every which way it could be flying. In his aspect, at least if he’s at midlevel, he’ll be closer to it, wherever it is, right?

AC=15
                          L1 L2 L3
                          Skills: Quid MTA, 1 Year Quidditch Exp, AF 1
                          Mods: Natural Flyer, Hold the Line, Great Catch
                          (+3 to seeking/catching) (+5 to flying) (+7 to blocking the quaffle)
                          Roll: 17
                          0/3 to spot
                          0/2 to catch

We’re never who we say we are.
                          162cm (5’3”) and 45kg (98lbs)
                          //Translations://

User Image

User Image

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:14 am
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:Uniform for Flying Class]

At least I was able to save myself by being honest in this situation...

Ronna sighed as she rose higher on her broom noticing that Dmitri decided to take the middle ground. She figured she might have better luck from higher up because she would only have to look down-well she supposed the snitch still could be above her-but if she was higher up it gave her less places to have to frantically look.

She sighed annoyed, scanning the pitch below her. It was like finding a needle in a haystack and it was annoying. She hated playing hide and seek as a kid and hated trying to find lost things-and this just seemed worse. She couldn't understand how people willingly tried out for the position. At least, it gave her that much more respect for the position, she supposed. Her blue eyes narrowed and her fingers tapped on her broom: where was the snitch, anyways?

User Image

Roll: 20 + 4 = 24 (SPOTTED!)
0/3 to spot
0/2 to catch

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: (+4 to seeking/catching) (+6 to flying) (+4 to Hitting Bludgers)
+2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [O] [O] [O]

{OOC: Not really a bad thing, I'm just nosy. He gets her last name right and it isn't like Ronna would know if her professor remembers her first name or not since he's never called her it xd .}  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:28 am
User ImageUser Image

Oh, there it... wait! There the snitch is!

As Ronna scanned the pitch, not really expecting much, she noticed a reflection of light near one of the goal posts on the right side of the field. She glanced at the goal post and then back to the glint of light and realized it was the snitch. She actually spotted the snitch... go figure, she thought, dismissing it as dumb luck-she didn't really figure taking the higher position to scan the pitch counted as a real strategy. Remembering the rules of the position she turned and headed towards where the snitch was and couldn't think without rolling her eyes, And now the game of chase, another reason I'm not particularly interested in this position... It also didn't help, that though she had her own broom it was older, and used, and didn't have the speed that some of the newer ones had. This is just going to end in frustration for me, I already know it, She thought irritated, though she figured she should get extra points of some sort for actually spotting the snitch in the first place.

User Image

Roll: (Spotted from previous post)
1/3 to spot
0/2 to catch

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: (+4 to seeking/catching) (+6 to flying) (+4 to Hitting Bludgers)
+2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I)

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:42 pm
I don't patronize, I realize
I'm losing and this is my real life
I am half asleep, and I am wide awake
This habit is always so hard to break
I don't want to be the bad guy
I've been blaming myself and I think you know why
I'm counting time, and time's counting you
Every way that I do

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Third Year - Twin -
[feeling: surprised] [thinking: ...] [with: Third Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby did not want to be doing this. No, no, no. He was not suited to this position at all. But he had to, if he wanted to pass this class. He sighed as he looked for the damn thing.

I just can't decide what I'm running from.

Position: Seeker
AC: 14
Mods: +4 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X)(X)(X)(X)

Did you say "please just follow me?"
I thought you wanted me
'Cause I want you all to myself
I can try to suck it up
I just can't suck it up
Make me feel like someone else
Please just follow me
I thought you wanted me

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:45 pm
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: ....} {with: Third Years} {at: Advanced Flying}

Jess beamed as she took off. They were actually Seeking! Yes! She felt pretty confident as she looked this way and that for the Snitch.

They can't rain on my parade; I'm sunshine on a cloudy day.

AC: 16
Mods: +4 Spotting, +2 Catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes
Lives: (X)(X)(X)

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:46 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon was excited for this lesson. Why? Because he was teaching his third years how to play the position he grew up playing. When they came in he went straight to it a smile beaming on his face. "Hello class today I have two positions we're going to be covering Chaser, and Keeper. Why put the two together, well I figure since they are largely related to one another it's only fitting." he explained.

"Now who can tell me about either position? Any takers?" Landon asked curiously. You could tell that he was overly enthusiastic about this lecture today. Almost makes you wonder if he played on of the positions they were discussing. Either way Landon was the happiest he'd ever been teaching his class.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch get a higher dice roll to score / save and roll higher then a players AC to steal.

((Alright glad to know smile

Sorry I'm late I'm posting now to give you guys time for what I have planned (this class will go till the end of the month) Also anyone who participated last class was rewarded 5 points.))

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ah, and Chaser and Keeper positions, probably equally my second favorite position in theory and equal to beater to watch in a match if not my preferred positions to watch.

Ronna had done surprisingly well in last class-in that she had been able to spot the snitch when her other classmates hadn't-though she never got around to actually catching the snitch. She chalked it up to pure dumb luck and still wasn't particularly fond of the position but felt sort of proud that she had actually managed to spot it fairly quickly. All in all, she supposed she wasn't terrible at any of the positions they had tried so far. Of course they had tried beater, which she knew would be her strength, and then seeker, so it only left two positions to go over-chaser and keeper.

She walked onto the pitch, her blonde curls pulled into a quick bun as usual to stay out of her face and she listened as Professor Price excitedly introduced the chaser and keeper position. He seemed more enthused about this lesson than any of the others on positions. She smiled slightly at his enthusiasm and offered, "Well, like you said both positions are highly related to each other. Chasers are about working together to get the quaffle to the goal posts and the keeper blocks all three. If a chaser gets the quaffle into one of the goal posts past the keeper than the team scores ten points. If you boiled quidditch down to just chasers and keepers and eliminated the seeker position and beaters, I would say that you could say that in a lot of ways the game would then be a bit like muggle football-well on broomsticks, and with more goals-but roughly similar."

She shrugged, never having been shy to compare something in the wizarding world to something she grew up with in the muggle world. She was muggleborn and it never bothered her and if the comparison made sense to her maybe it would make more sense to someone else-it wasn't like everyone had no contact or knowledge about the muggle world. And if someone didn't understand her comparisons using examples from the muggle world she usually did begin with a bit of a general explanation.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:39 pm
User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
Third Year

User Image

Dmitri wrestled his nerves in the pit of his belly. It wobbled and whirled inside of him, a typhoon drowning to the pits of his core. He didn’t even really understand why he was nervous. These were the positions he’d been waiting for. He was an excellent keeper, it is by far the easiest position in quidditch, and he knew he wanted to play chaser (if only he was lucky.) He still couldn’t believe that a first year and second year had made first string before him, and to be honest, he was hoping that one of them would fall, maybe break a neck, and then he’d have their position for the rest of the year! But that was a bit morbid, yeah? He blinked and shook his head. Maybe if he just stands there, no one will notice the funny look worming onto his face, slick with the jealousy that thundered.

AC=15
                          L1 L2 L3
                          (+3 to steals/scores) (+5 to flying) (+7 to blocking the quaffle)
                          Roll:

User Image

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:26 am
I don't patronize, I realize
I'm losing and this is my real life
I am half asleep, and I am wide awake
This habit is always so hard to break
I don't want to be the bad guy
I've been blaming myself and I think you know why
I'm counting time, and time's counting you
Every way that I do

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Third Year - Twin -
[feeling: surprised] [thinking: ...] [with: Third Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby knew enough about the positions, but he was fine with staying quiet. He just wanted to be up in the air as soon as possible. That would happen sooner if the discussion was shorter, right?

I just can't decide what I'm running from.

AC: 14
Mods: +4 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X)(X)(X)(X)

Did you say "please just follow me?"
I thought you wanted me
'Cause I want you all to myself
I can try to suck it up
I just can't suck it up
Make me feel like someone else
Please just follow me
I thought you wanted me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:40 am
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: ....} {with: Third Years} {at: Advanced Flying}

Jess was already sitting on her broom, just hovering right above the ground. It was better than standing, and more comfortable, too. She listened, as much as she could without getting distracted.

They can't rain on my parade; I'm sunshine on a cloudy day.

AC: 16
Mods: +4 Spotting, +2 Catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes
Lives: (X)(X)(X)

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:57 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon listened to Veronica’s answer. “You are correct ten points to Gryffindor for that comparison.” He said with a smile. Despite teaching flying now Landon couldn’t help but reward points for the use of muggle examples. He was still a muggle studies teacher at heart.

“Now today we’re going to divide the class up and try our luck at playing both positions. So to start Mr. Kamenev, Miss Walsh you’ll be trying Chaser, and Miss Kiss, Mr. Walsh you’ll be trying Keeper. Keep it even no gaining up on each other and have fun. We’ll switch half way through.” Landon explained leaving his class to it. He’d deal with anyone who came in late.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch get a higher dice roll to score / save and roll higher then a players AC to steal.

((If anyone posts in the class who hasn't already you'll be considered late.))

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

Points for my odd tangents? Meh... I'll go with it. Still points for Gryffindor House.

Ronna smiled as Landon said her answer was correct and gave her most likely extra house points for her comparison. It seemed her random tangents weren't hurting in this class. Then again it was a flying class, so in theory it should be a little more laid back than say the academic classes-not that she didn't take the class seriously... When Professor Price divided the class into positions-chaser and keeper- Ronna was a bit disappointed not to have a chance to try at chaser first, though she doubted she would be much good as a chaser or a keeper. The only thing that gave her hope was that her broom did technically play the keeper position when it was borrowed by Crash the year before so who knew maybe it would help her out? She frowned slightly as her grip tightened on her broom realizing the awkwardness she had caused between him and her and shook her head took a breath and took to the sky and chose the left goal posts. Now, it was a matter of just waiting it out...

User Image

Roll: N/A

Modifiers: (+4 to blocking shots) (+6 to flying) (+4 to Hitting Bludgers)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 6, 7, 9, 5, 8, 6, 7, 1, 5 Total: 63 (10-100)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:27 pm
User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
Third Year

User Image

Dmitri wasn’t quite sure who was supposed to be his keeper. But he got along in position anyway, unawares of who might have taken position at the goal posts behind him. He waited for Professor Price, kept a keen eye on the quaffle. He was faced off against Jess for the quaffle, and lunged headfirst during the toss-up. Now, it was just a matter of trying to see if his aim was better than hers.

AC=15
                          L1 L2 L3
                          (+3 to steals/scores) (+5 to flying) (+7 to blocking the quaffle)
                          Roll:

User Image

User Image

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers