Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Actors in History [3.5 Sandbox game] (Always Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Natura rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 6, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 1, 2, 2, 2, 5, 4, 6, 1, 5, 5, 2 Total: 73 (20-120)

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:38 am
so with the last two being good at both 14, I can drop one of the 8's and make the first set 8,10,11,14,14,16, which is alright, I think.

Here's first part of set two.  
Natura rolled 8 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 4, 1, 4, 3, 6, 1 Total: 25 (8-48)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:41 am
Natura
so with the last two being good at both 14, I can drop one of the 8's and make the first set 8,10,11,14,14,16, which is alright, I think.

Here's first part of set two.
Looks like it might be the second set with it starting with 13,14,8,15,12
here's final part of set two.  

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am
So second set ended up having 8,10,12,13,13,14,15. so dropping the 8 means I wouldn't have a negative score at all so I think I'll go with this one. I think I did it right...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 am
Natura
So second set ended up having 8,10,12,13,13,14,15. so dropping the 8 means I wouldn't have a negative score at all so I think I'll go with this one. I think I did it right...
You are correct and can begin character building.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:32 am
purest_heart
This might seem silly, but while reading the first page over again to read your house rules more closely, I kept seeing HD mentioned, but I can't for the life of me remember if I should know what that stands for or not...

Also, I'm kind of marveling the fact that someone is online all night like I am... someone I interact with at least. Usually I'm not online at the same time as anyone I interact with since I'm on a night schedule...

Edit: dear Lord I'm stupid...just looked at the character sheet and saw Hit Dice. I'm sorry  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:49 am
Natura
purest_heart
This might seem silly, but while reading the first page over again to read your house rules more closely, I kept seeing HD mentioned, but I can't for the life of me remember if I should know what that stands for or not...

Also, I'm kind of marveling the fact that someone is online all night like I am... someone I interact with at least. Usually I'm not online at the same time as anyone I interact with since I'm on a night schedule...

Edit: dear Lord I'm stupid...just looked at the character sheet and saw Hit Dice. I'm sorry
Its actually a pretty common question for new players to ask "What's HD stand for?" and even more common to see them ask "What's Hit Dice?" Hell even some veteran players that don't DM aren't entirely good with the concept beyond "What I roll for HP." So its cool

As for me being up. I work from midnight to 8 every morning minus Sunday so yeah.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:07 am
purest_heart
Natura
purest_heart

Its actually a pretty common question for new players to ask "What's HD stand for?" and even more common to see them ask "What's Hit Dice?" Hell even some veteran players that don't DM aren't entirely good with the concept beyond "What I roll for HP." So its cool

As for me being up. I work from midnight to 8 every morning minus Sunday so yeah.

Ah, I'm just on a night schedule cause it's my husband who works nights and since we're in a new town due to him being stationed here, I don't have a job just yet. I put myself on his schedule till I get a job so we can spend more time together with both of us awake at the same time.
So I know HD means Hit Dice, but I do actually have to ask about it since all it says in the book for rogues is d6 and not a number before that...That and I have no idea how much hp I gain to get from first level (7 hp I figured that much out) to level three. Making the character was always really hard for me...At least the areas with dice rolling. I already have my skills and one feat..can't remember if I get any others. I just knew I wanted the one where I use dex instead of str with my melee weapon so it can be plus 4 instead of nothing.
Thank you for being patient with me...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:38 am
Natura
Hey, helping new players out is actually one of my favorite things to do as a DM. I just get lazy sometimes and forget stuff.

First off, did you already add your catfolk bonuses to your stats? The catfolk is found in the "Races of the Wild" supplemental book.

For simple: because you are wanting to play a Catfolk Rouge, a race with a +1 level adjustment, you can have up to 2 levels in rouge, each level granting you 1 HD of D6. So roll 2 six sided dice and add your con modifer times 2 to get your total. I'll let you start with max HP for your first level so that's a 6 on the first dice and that only leaves your 2nd level dice to roll.

For complex: Anyway Hit Dice is a complex mechanic for D&D 3.5 because character progression is often measured by it but it is NOT the holds bar determinant (which is Effective Character Level, or ECL for short). the number of HD a character has determines a character's Base Attack Bonus, how many skill points they get and how much HP they get. For players with a standard race (Elf, human, dwarf basically races found in the players handbook) HD is equal to the level of character they are and thus the term has become synonyms with level.

For characters with races outside the norm(I.E. Catfolk) this is not the case. Some races have a level adjustment which means that the race itself is considered more powerful than the standard races(elf, human, ect.). So to compensate for this and as a price for playing such a powerful race the player must "Take a level in their race" to allow them to be on par with everyone else in terms of character power.

Doing so reduces the number of HD you have compared to "standard" character so some players don't like it. However some races give you HD as a part of their bonuses so to calculate ECL for them (under normal rules) you take the HD the race would give you and add the level adjustment along with any levels it has taken in a class. My rules say that Monster HD only count for 1/2 ECL because I want to be nice.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:47 am
As for the feat you described its called Weapon Finesse and only works with certain one handed weapons and all light weapons.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:23 pm
posting to let you i'm still here smile

welcome Natura  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 am
That brings the total to three. Two more and I can request a forum and we can get started.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:17 am
Gabriel Lord of Flame
That brings the total to three. Two more and I can request a forum and we can get started.

Have we got 3 completed character sheets?  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:10 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Gabriel Lord of Flame

Have we got 3 completed character sheets?
Need one more but I would like five for reasons mentioned.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 am
Give me a little while I roll up a character. Is it cool if I drops the yuan- ta's monster outs levels and spell like abilities and reduce the sr to 10 per level to play it as a level one character? And my be a shadow caster? Pretty please? With sugar on top?  

K2vworld

K2vworld

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:33 am
K2vworld
Give me a little while I roll up a character. Is it cool if I drops the yuan- ta's monster outs levels and spell like abilities and reduce the sr to 10 per level to play it as a level one character? And my be a shadow caster? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

I am thinking the pure bloods because they have two la just to clarify that lol  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff