Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Is Survival in Paradise Possible? (OPEN! Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:01 am
Sapphire had just decided that they wouldn't be able to help this person when someone was vying for her attention. Turning she was listening to both. She still had no idea what the male's name was and now there were two dark haired males near her. "S-so you can't find s-someone close to you? What's their name? Maybe I c-can help." She asked quietly. Her voice cracked from no use but she was starting to talk clearer. She watched as John checked the one she had just checked before moving one, taking the less bloody shirts of the dead.

She looked over as someone started screaming. "S-sir, please... There are s-strange creatures around... Please maybe there is a way we can find her." She said louder to get the teacher's attention. Maybe these two were looking for the same person.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 pm
ⓡ ⓔ ⓝ ⓐ ⓡ ⓓ X ⓦ ⓘ ⓝ ⓣ ⓔ ⓡ ⓑ ⓞ ⓤ ⓡ ⓝ ⓔ

User Image

The sound of her name startled him, as if it was like someone read his mind. "Yes, yes," he said, though distracted. He turned, in the general direction to look at whoever was yelling. Sapphire seemed concerned too, if only because of those animals. "This looks like an uninhabited island. And I'm sure I've never seen those animals before on the news or in zoos, so we have to assume that they've never met humans before. Don't you think instead of sensing fear from fire, which is something they probably have never seen before, they'd feel curious about it instead? I don't think they were scared of the fire, but something else," he murmured, though this was low and only Sapphire could hear it. It was more just an inference he had. He didn't really think about it too much as he spoke, because he was staring at the teacher. His eyes widened a little, recognizing him. "Hey!" Ren moved, running over to him despite the pain in his ankle. It looked like a hurried hobble as he waved his hands to grab the man's attention. That hair color!

"You're Lenny's brother! Teach," he exclaimed, a little sense of relief in seeing him. He never really bothered with her brother before. Cameron was sort of annoying and bubbly and he would always ask him questions. Renard passed it off as an overly concerned brother and had grown used to Cameron's outgoingness. But to see him wandering around like this…he looked so haggard.

ⓒ ⓐ ⓜ ⓔ ⓡ ⓞ ⓝ X ⓦ ⓐ ⓛ ⓚ ⓔ ⓡ

User Image
Cameron ignored Sapphire, continuing to call out for her. Renard had spotted him and tried to make contact. It took a split second for Cameron to recognize him, surprised that he was here. Cameron didn't know that Lenore convinced Ren to come along the trip. Did she keep this a secret from him? She knew it probably wouldn't have been allowed if she did. But after immediate recognizing the boy, he ran over to him and shook him. "Where is she? Where is Lenore?" He asked, a panicked look about him. Renard looked taken aback. This wasn't like Cameron. And surely, Renard did not know where Lenore was because he was asking the same question. His disregard for Sapphire's advice had worried Renard though. If he was going to keep yelling like this…
Renard punched Cameron in the face. It felt kind of good, probably because Renard had always wanted to do that. Cameron fell back, passed out. That seemed to quiet him. Renard looked back to Sapphire with a sad smile and a shrug.

He started to drag Cameron to the main part of the plane, wanting to sit him down in a comfy seat. And then he would go about carrying the alive and injured to the plane, so that they could take shelter tonight.

ⓛ ⓔ ⓝ ⓞ ⓡ ⓔ X ⓦ ⓐ ⓛ ⓚ ⓔ ⓡ

User Image

The tree was hard to climb. She panted, before scooting herself over to the next branch. She wasn't afraid of heights, but she was scared of falling. At last, when close enough to her backpack, she reached her hand out to grab it. She quickly scooted back, closer to the trunk of the tree, leaning her back against it in rest. It seemed like a little bit of a waste to go back down quite yet so she decided to take inventory of her things. She had a sweater in there, to which she put on. With that done, she looked some more. There were a couple pens, a bottle of water, a few snacks of which were mostly candy, a notebook, headphones, some cosmetics and that was it. After all, this was her carry on and she couldn't bring a lot of things. She wondered if she could find the plane to get to her luggage. She wanted to get a change of clothes and some other perhaps useful things too. Oh! She lifted her wrist, a thick bracelet around it. Her father bought it for her when Lenore started her hobby of hiking. It was a paracord bracelet, to which she could unwind and use the rope for practically anything. That would come out very useful. With everything accounted for, she slowly made her way down. Using a pen, she marked the tree she had just climbed and then started to make her way through the forest, marking trees so that she wouldn't get lost. She was a little scared being in a foreign place, especially by herself, but she had to put up with it if she were to find the others.
What if they were all dead? Lenore paused in her trek. No, she didn't want to think of that. And she continued on.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:03 pm
Sapphire watched the interaction, sort of preoccupied with what the male had said. He was right, so something must be coming... She turned towards the forest before hearing a thud. The teacher was laying on the ground unconscious and the other was giving her a apologetic look. Well... At least the guy wasn't screaming any more... She started to go back to the bodies to see the ones closest to her were already checked. So she was surrounded by dead... But at least some were adults. No children... So far...

Sapphire checked some closer to the forest and found a few still alive and savable. She pulled them towards the plane as she kept her eyes up and around. Something was coming... But what?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:38 pm

User Image

Where was everyone else? Why was she so utterly alone? Lenore paused in her tracks, having done so several times already, to listen in on the forest around her. No, she was not alone. The wild animal calls and the movement of the bushes around her proved that to her. Wherever she was, she was not alone. Was she in some tropical rainforest? The Amazon? She had never been there before. Lenore looked about. She did not recognize anything. There should be snakes and monkeys and stuff, right? The small critters around her, they weren't in any textbooks she's ever read. The trees looked familiar, but they looked different. And the sounds, there were some sounds she had never heard of before. No, this was not the Amazon, but someplace new to her entirely. And this scared Lenore, especially cause she was alone. She had picked up a sharp rock on her expedition, but she knew she could do little to fight against something bigger than her.
She took to the shadows and to make little noise as possible. She marked about seventeen trees by now, but she had no clue how many more she would continue to mark until she found someone, anyone from the plane she fell out of.

User Image

Renard moved four people into the plane. There was no signs of Lenore anywhere, and he grew to fear that those…things had dragged her off. He wanted to vomit at the thought of that, and shook his head. He must keep faith. He must. Or he wouldn't know what to do. Ren helped another person, who was relatively uninjured, to the plane before trotting over to Sapphire. "I didn't catch your name. I'm Renard Winterbourne, but you can call me Ren. I think once we're done with moving people, we should start allocating our belongings. See what we can use and pack them up. The plane probably has medical supplies and some food, so we can probably use that. I want to go to the baggage area and try to find my luggage. I have a couple of things in there that I'd like to keep," he said, looking towards the plane. He wanted to find his backpack, and then go find the luggage area. From there, if he could find his things, he wanted to find Lenore's too. She would probably need some things too, for when she comes back. If she comes back.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:36 pm
Sapphire had gone through ten dead bodies before she found another living. She was leaving the dead for John to get the unbloodied shirts from. That way they had something at least. When Ren came back he had asked about her name. She stood awkwardly. "I-i'm Sapphire. M-my mom calls me Phire. That sounds good. We were thinking that the plane might be our best defensible station until someone comes and finds us... But I;ve never even heard of this kind of place except in movies..." She said quietly.

In Lenore's general area a giant dinosaur was walking around picking at the leaves and fruit of nearby trees. The monster was alone. And there was reason for it. His herd had been all attacked and taken. This supersaurus was alone now. And that thing that fell was curiously intriguing. It was headed slowly towards the plane crash. And following behind it was the carnivore responsible for it's herd's demise.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:23 pm
[ AND THE PLOT HAS THICKENED ]

User Image

Lenore heard it before she saw it. She heard the trees shiver and the branches on the floor snap. Lenore turned around and froze, not believing what she saw. It was like something from Jurassic Park. She didn't even know she wasn't breathing until she fell on her knees. Catching her breath, she watched the dinosaur slowly pass by her, salvaging what food it could find in its path. Lenore couldn't scream, couldn't even make a noise. What was this place? Dinosaurs? Did she jump through time? Was she the girl who leapt through time like that one movie? She didn't even think she could jump that far back! Or was it like some evil scientific experiment? She was confused, lost. Lenore watched it pass. Where was it going? It looked alone even though Lenore was sure many dinosaurs were part of herds. Was it looking for its herd? If there was a herd, then there was abundant resources. Lenore got up and moved quickly, following the dinosaur on its side. She stayed a little from it, in fear of it. The bushes did well in this aspect, shielding her from its vision. She couldn't go too fast, for the dinosaur was a relatively slow mover.
She had never seen a dinosaur before. She wished she could take a picture to show everyone but she had lost her phone somewhere. Lenore observed it. This was not a dream. This was not some CGI crap. This was real. It breathed. It ate. It moved. Lenore had to tear herself away from observing it to mark a tree along the way. Scratching the pen continuously along the bark of the tree, Lenore worked quickly and vigorously, forming blisters. And then there was a noise. It didn't come from the dinosaur, no, but something far off. Something. Lenore froze again, but the noise did not come. Lenore looked back into the wilderness of the trees, but nothing moved. Lenore could've sworn there was something. Feeling a little frightened, she caught back up with the dinosaur, keeping herself hidden from its view to see where it was headed.

User Image

"I'll call you Sapphire. Right, then I'll move a couple more people into the plane before getting my things." Ren nodded before noting her comment on this place. He looked around, mainly towards the woods and the direction of those animals that were previously bothering them. "I've never seen nor read of this place either. I've never seen those animals before either, so maybe we're in some weird uncharted island? I thought it was the Amazon or a wildlife preserve, but again, never seen any type of animal quite like those. And if we were somewhere like that, then we would've already seen help." Renard rubbed his head, looking up at the sky. There was no planes or helicopters in sight. Ren sighed, figuring that this would be a rough ride. "Right, I'll get back to work. Come to me if anything." He said. Why did he feel like he had an obligation to help? He was surely older than some of these students. And even though he didn't know any of them, there was a certain human preservation that kicked in. He feared that if things got too far along though, that there would be people like Cameron turning up everywhere. He hoped he was alright. That was his girlfriend's brother after all. Renard sighed before checking a pulse on someone. Unconscious. He moved the young man to the plane before going through the overhead, searching for his backpack.
He found it, opened it and took out everything he thought was unnecessary before moving through the plane.

The baggage area was usually under the plane, so he check the aisles for a door. He found a latch and opened it. Inside was dark and extremely warm. Renard had found a flashlight before ducking inside. There was luggage everywhere. It looked as if they sort of just threw it in there. This was impossible. Ren struggled to move through the area, checking random tags. How was he going to find his? He sort of gave up, sitting on a suitcase. He checked its tag before jumping up. It was Lenore's! He pulled it out with a few heaves and opened it, putting the flashlight in his mouth. Girly things here and there, a few clothes he recognized and souvenirs that she must've bought. He took a change of clean clothes for her, stuffing them in his backpack and then rummaged through anything else he could find that was useful. After taking what he could, he looked around. Where was his luggage buried under all this? Renard moved slowly back towards where he came in from. At least he could tell Sapphire that they had clean clothes here in the baggage area.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:48 pm
John sighed as he finished checking people and collecting clean shirts. He then started taking people over to the plane. Whenever he moved someone that had broken bones, he made sure to grab a stickand make a stint to use for the broken bone(s) before moving him/her. On one of his trips he noticed an open compartment. He went over and saw that it lead to where the luggage was. He stuck his head in and saw the man from earlier inside. "Hey, did you find the person you were looking for?" He asked, remembering how the guy had mentioned something about someone missing earlier.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:10 am

User Image

Renard looked up towards the opening, having to squint his eyes just to make out who it was. Another student it seemed. So far, the only real adult he had found seemed useless around here. Renard cleared his throat before speaking up. "Ugh, no. Her name is Lenore Walker. She went to your school. I'm looking for her," he said. Her classmates probably didn't know she had a boyfriend. Especially a boyfriend who snuck along the trip with them. He looked around before wiping his brow. It was very warm in here. Alas, he moved closer to the opening. "I'm Ren. There's a lot of clothes down here that we could use. I heard you were scrapping up clean cloths." He opened a random suitcase, grabbing a few shirts before tossing them up through the opening. "Mind you help me out mate?" He asked, holding out his arm. Renard had managed to find his luggage among the impossible baggage, and also managed to stuff a few things into his backpack, such as a change of clothes. He couldn't find Cameron's though. He also supposed if they needed more clean cloths, Renard could always go back down again. He held the flashlight tightly, and huffed a little.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:55 pm
((Especially since I just figured out what... Creatures are following the long-neck >D I'm hoping no one gets to mad at me hehe Also, Cat, I'm leaving her getting to the camp up to you but was thinking two more posts possiby? Whatcha think? Oh and the things following aren't the only ones we might see. There might be another, haven't quite figured if I want a carnivore fight session over food or not.))

Sapphire continued until mostly dead or dieing bodies were left on the ground. She wiped some sweat from her brow and looked around. She was quite curious about possible water. Did the plane have anymore. Or did all of it get thrown overboard? There was really only one way to find out, and since most of anyone stil alive seemed next to the plane she was planning on going to ook through for water. But remembered the fire. She felt comforted by it and went to pick it up. It had started to go out which wasn't good. OR so she thought. She started to get some wood that was aying around and put it closer to the pane to make an actual fire for them to stay warm if they happened to be here for the night...

((Also very sorry. Seems the L key on my keyboard is going out... sorry about the mistakes...))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm
((Carnivore fight session would be fun))

Lenore, the name sounded familiar. Maybe John had a class with the girl? He would have to see her to be sure, though. "Well, her name sounds familiar, but I don't believe I've seen you. Tell you what, once we get everyone together and treat the seriously wounded, we'll go for a search for her if we haven't found her yet. My name's John. Nice to meet you, just wish it was under better conditions." He said as he grabbed Renard's arm and helped pull him out from the luggage compartment. He really wanted to help Ren out, especially since he knew how people get when the ones they care for are in danger, and it certainly seemed that Ren cared by the girl from the concern on his face. Unfortunately, though, his main concern was making sure that as many people survived the crash as possible.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 pm
[ Yeah sure! I'll probably post this and then my next post would be probably her finding the camp.
And of course there will be things out there that our characters can't see. I imagine that since you made this rp, you'd have things kept in the bushes (teehee, pun?) as we go along.
Aaaaaand a fight sesh sounds interesting. Not only will that be cool, but that would also provide our characters a device to escape. I don't know exactly what you have planned, but the carnivore following the dinosaur-thing will most likely be a problem for our camping characters. What a better way to find an escape plan than to have another carnivore creature thing come out and attack the other one? (for some reason, I had a hard time explaining that, but it makes sense in my head). But it's up to you, since both ways are tantalizing to write about.

OH and @shabatha: the link for the new dinosaur is broken. I just tried to it out. ]

User Image

Lenore was very wary. While the dinosaur seemed herbivorous and posed no real threat, she couldn't help but feel like she and this dinosaur weren't alone. It felt different from when she was alone earlier. It was like something was following them, watching them, waiting for them. Lenore didn't hear anymore noises behind her after that, but she kept looking behind her every so often. She held her pen tightly, not having any other weapon on her person as she stalked the dinosaur. She didn't want to keep behind it, mainly because of the fear she felt about something following the dinosaur, so she followed the dinosaur amongst its side. It moved pretty slow though. She wondered why it was alone though. Again, she knew a lot of dinosaurs were animals who kept to their herds. Sure, this dinosaur might've gotten lost or was going back to the herd, but was there another reason Lenore didn't think of? She didn't know too much about dinosaurs.

User Image

Renard grunted as he got out of the compartment. "Thanks John. Likewise." Renard gave a small weak smile of gratitude. He was glad someone recognized her. Of course, he knew that the main priority was to ensure the safety of the other people on the plane. That was the most important. But Renard really wanted to find Lenore. He hoped in all his heart she was alive, but at this point he just wanted to find her whether she be alive or dead.

"And yes. I know there's a first aid kit on this plane somewhere that we could use. And find a cell phone. Maybe we can get signal or something." Renard wanted to help. He was one of the older people amongst them. "I'll go check the pilot's room and see what's up with the engines and the radios. Have you seen the pilot in the first place though?" Renard asked, though this was more of a question to himself than to John necessarily. He doubted John had even seen the pilot yet. Renard hadn't seen him since before they took off. He wondered what had happened and what he had seen when they crashed. Renard slowly walked through the aisles of the plane, coming up to Cameron. Renard didn't know where Cameron's carry on was, so he just laid some change of clothes on his lap. He was one of the teachers on the trip. And here he was, passed out. Renard sighed, before deciding to wake him.

User Image
Cameron awoke with a start. He looked stupefied, confused as to where he was before realizing what happened all over again. he tried to sit up, but Renard pushed him back in his seat. "Where's Lenore? Where are all the students? How is everyone?" Renard did not have all the answers for him. But he explained as much as he could. Cameron covered his mouth, trying to make sense of all this. His students were either injured, missing, dead, or doing the best they could to help everyone out. Lenore was still missing. Missing. No matter how many times Cameron asked Renard where Lenore was, he couldn't answer. She was either alive or dead. Alive or dead. At least there was a chance, some hope, that she was alive. He had to wipe at his watery eyes. Cameron had calmed down some. He was a teacher; Mr. Walker. He was an adult. He had a duty still. He must bring his students back home safely.

Cameron then stood, to which Renard allowed, and looked around the plane. He wanted to help. Renard nodded, commenting that he was going to the pilot's cabin before leaving him. Cameron wiped his face, having cried, and watched Renard walked back down the aisle. That was Lenore's boyfriend. He remembered the first time they had met, at dinner when Lenore introduced him to their parents. Cameron was always a little protective of his little sister, but he couldn't prevent her from dating other guys. And she even brought him along this trip without Cameron even noticing. He surely couldn't stop his sister from dating this guy, no matter how much Cameron protected her. He pestered Renard a lot though, especially because he seemed like the hopeless type. He was an university music major who didn't seem like he was doing anything with his life. But Renard looked like he was so much more competent right now. Cameron was amazed. He looked at the clothes that were previously in his lap but were now on the floor since he got up and held them. They were Ren's clothes, he noticed. With that, he moved sluggishly and walked through the aisles trying to allocate his carry on. He had an attendance sheet in there, which he could use to figure out who was here…and who was no longer here, and some water bottles and snacks. He also had a box of bandaids and neosporin that he brought, since he was a well prepared teacher. But where was his backpack was the question.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 am
((Fun! Then we can assume since next post you will be seeing camp, We can see the Supersaurus. AND CRUD!! I'll go fix it immediately after this post))

Sapphire had finally gotten the fire to start when something caught her eye. She whipped around looking at a massive head high above the trees. Every couple moments it would bend it's head down to eat some of the leaves on the trees but then it seemed to be coming their way. She backed up a bit, if it didn't go around the plane, it could probably crush it and whoever were inside... She wanted to run to the plane and warn who could stand but the creature seemed curious about them. The plane, the people. It even bent it's head to sniff at each.

After two moments of it sniffing at Sapphire a roar could be heard from where the creature was coming from. And another smaller one responded. Sapphire froze eyes wide at the sounds. This creature had been followed. And those sounds were awfully close to a T-Rex from Jurassic park... The smaller sound could be a female, or a juvenile. And they were headed this way.

((No it is not the feared Tyrannosaurus Rex, From research, scientists believe that the t-rex was actually a scavenger. These are much more agressive 'cousins'))  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:06 pm
[ Oh lawdie. ]

User Image
Cameron made a small noise as he found his bag deep in an overhead compartment. He had to stand on a seat to get to it and dragged it out with anticipation. He knew he kept a spare pair of glasses in there and replaced his broken ones with the new ones. With that, he stuffed the clothes in his backpack and held up an attendance sheet. This would make things easier to account for everyone. Cameron went to the more populated part of the plane, a little relieved that they were safe for the time being.

Sapphire caught his interest. She stood very still, a little parts away from the plane outside. He noticed no one else seemed concerned for her so he went out and walked over to her. He recognized her as one of his students from his class. "Sapphire," he murmured, putting a hand on her shoulder. But she didn't move. He was confused and followed her gaze to the woods before stumbling backwards and falling. W…Wh…w…Wha..what was that?!

And then a roar. And then a scream.

User Image

Lenore couldn't even see the dinosaur's head half the time, only see it when it came down to eat or when the canopy overhead broke enough so that Lenore could see the sky above. To say it was enormous was an understatement. Lenore stumbled through the brush until she could see an opening. Lenore rushed ahead, passed the dinosaur before covering her mouth.
The plane! Lenore could almost cry and ran ahead of the supersaurus, as fast as she could. The plane! The plane! She wiped at the tears forming, seeing movement around the plane. People! Lenore cried, but ignored her tears as she ran. Some people pointed towards her running figure, others recognizing her because of her running. She was a track star at her high school, after all.

And then there was a noise. A breathtaking screech. A terrifying roar. Lenore slowed before stopping, whirling around as she looked behind her. The supersaurus bent over her, taking interest in the plane. But whatever had made that noise was still in the wood. And it was coming for them. Lenore's eyes widened. Something had followed them. Lenore froze, until another roar could be heard before running again, towards the plane. She waved her hands to grab people's attention.

User Image

Renard heard a roar. He lifted his head, confused. And then came a scream. He ran out of the pilot's cabin, bewildered by the noise. The dinosaur was one thing. It was so big. And it was so close. It sniffed Sapphire, who was frozen in her tracks. And Cameron was on the floor, just as frozen. The screaming was another thing. This came from within the plane. Many started to panic at the sight of the dinosaur, scrambling to the other side of the plane. And the roar that came behind it scared others. It sounded like something from Jurassic Park. Renard tried to calm everyone, but they wouldn't listen. So he rushed ahead, outside the plane. "Sapphire!" He yelled, trying to grab her attention. Cameron turned his head to look at him, but he hoped Sapphire would.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:09 pm
ninja-boi92

Vikabro

CaptainXXMorgan

[ I don't know, thought y'all should post so you don't get left behind :3. ]  

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:10 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

[[Character is set aside injured for now, for the day I figured.]]