Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chaotic Multiverse Theory

Back to Guilds

An archive of (presently on-going) crazy role-playing with a severe disregard for the laws of physics and the 4th wall. 

Tags: Digimon, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Shaman King, Fullmetal Alchemist 

Reply The Chaotic Multiverse (RP Forum)
Fullmetal Alchemist - Lost Chapters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:55 am
Kuukyo snorted lightly, but he nodded a bit "it's understandable, however, i'm not really in line with the others anymore since they've pretty much isolated me, so i have no reason to report anything to Bradley if he is cutting me off after Jake's sudden disappearance." he calmly continued driving "besides, the journal's yours, i have no reason to want it or even read it unless you specifically hand it to me after you've read it in order to ask questions about it."

Edward raised an eyebrow at Kuukyo's neutrality to the mess, while shrugging himself "as much as i am curious about the journam myself, i don't think it'll have anything new in our leads towards the Philosopher's stone, so i'm just more interested in getting to Xenotime with the old man (Cue third anger-vein from Kuukyo) and my brother to look into that, you're welcome to join us, given i -hate- reporting things to the smirking b*****d Taisa, so i doubt he'd care about your presence with us."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:24 pm
Alphonse was also vaguely curious about the contents of the journal, but he was polite enough not to press the issue. Besides, right now he was really a bit more concerned that his brother would soon regret this constant insistence on mocking Kuukyo's age. There was no telling what Kuukyo might eventually do to get back at him.

"Nii-san, maybe you should tone it down a little and stop trying to antagonize Kuukyo-san," noted Alphonse. "At least while we're riding in his jeep. I know you don't want to be on the receiving end of another of his ice alchemy pranks."

Crystal leaned back in the front passenger seat and settled in for a nap. It was almost sunset when she opened up her eyes again and saw that the next town was in sight. It was a small town so the railway tracks were along the outskirts and there was no actual train station. There was a small cargo station where packages would be dropped from time to time, but it wasn't a large enough town to really warrant stopping to pick up passengers ordinarily.

"I hope we won't have too much trouble finding a place to stay for the night," noted Alphonse thinking back on some of the rough times he and his brother had been through because civilians weren't overly fond of the Amestrian military lording themselves over the populace. Sometimes it meant sleeping in the streets because no one would give a state alchemist a room. Kuukyo being in uniform was only going to make things harder if this turned out to be a small town with an anti-military streak.  

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:01 pm
Kuukyo of course knew of that possibility so he was already doing something about it if he was touching his chest with one hand, an orange looking seam appearing with blue sparks as it showed a transmutation circle, more designed for clothing, as his uniform changed into that of a simple red T-shirt, pair of blue-jeans, some regular sneakers, and of course, the usual undergarments underneath, though the fabrics were still made from the same fabrics his uniform was, the hidden circle there underneath the red one as he grinned a bit "a little something from Jake's research that he let me have, targeted transmutation circles for clothing, so one could change clothing with merely a touch to the clothing in particular." of course he still had his gloves, but they were a fingerless variant, and silver in color with the arrays on them in a stark black in color, but hidden given it was on the palms of his hands and all.

Edward of course eyerolled at his brother lightly "i doubt he'll do anything Al, not with him being so uptight and all." of course, cue him blinking suddenly and starting to turn blue in the face as he whimpered out "Dammit... you icy b*****d... quit freezing my underwear!" of course this led to a smirking grin on Kuukyo's face with a look in his eyes that said 'vengance you little b*****d for all those old comments!'  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:44 am
"Kuukyo-san, that was uncalled for," Alphonse also protested on his brother's behalf. "You and Nii-san shouldn't be making a scene when we're just arriving in a new town where we ought to strive to make a good impression!"

It was a fairly small town so anything they did within sight of the locals wouldn't go unnoticed. And word would probably spread quickly since gossip was most likely one of the only forms of entertainment for them. And, although it was indeed a small town, there was at least an inn available to travelers, probably a remnant from the time before the trains were running through the country. At a glance, there didn't appear to be anything too sinister going on in the streets so it was probably a reasonably safe place to spend the night. Of course, even if Edward and Kuukyo did manage to keep it hidden that they were state alchemists, Kuukyo's jeep was going to stand out in a place where they had probably very rarely seen an automobile.

Since Crystal had slept a good portion of the way there, she planned on staying up most of the night to finally consult her brother's research journal to figure out what she could learn from it that might explain her present situation.  

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:44 pm
Kuukyo of course looked to Al with a neutral expression on his face" then Edward needs to learn not to call people old." he said quite plainly, while amused, as he returned Ed's underwear back to normal with an idle snap of his fingers and such, afterwards he then proceeded to let everyone out once they were at an inn "well, while you guys get settled i need to find someplace private to park my Jeep." he said, obviously letting Crystal know he was taking it someplace private to transmute back into his metal briefcase and all, and drove off calmly once everyone was out.

Edward just grumbled a bit about idiotic ice users and smirking flame taisa's and all always picking on him before sighing a bit "right, while Kuukyo goes to handle his jeep, want to get something to eat Crystal?" he asked, glancing to Al as in 'if she's guessed already make an excuse.' of course he used only his eyes so he was showing nothing but a smile and such.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 am
"Yeah, sure," Crystal answered. She was a bit distracted with the prospect of finally opening up that journal to see what the heck was in it, but if she was going to be up late reading through it, she knew it would be best not to do so on an empty stomach at least.

Alphonse fidgeted. He was a bit self conscious about the whole problem of not needing to eat because of his armor body and having to make up excuses for whenever he refused a meal. Kuukyo might have brought up the fact that the brothers had attempted human transmutation, but neither Alphonse nor Edward had actually elaborated on the consequences of doing so.

"It's alright Alphonse, you don't have to pretend for my sake. I already realized that your armor was hollow from the sound of the clanking when we were on the train," Crystal explained. In fact, she'd actually realized that when she first saw his armor and noticed the peculiar distribution of his aura. It was very different from the aura of a regular living person. "And don't worry, I'm not gonna blow your secret or anything. I get that it's a sensitive topic for you guys." She looked back to Edward. "So, any clue where we might find someplace to eat around here?"

"We haven't stopped here before either," noted Alphonse trying to regain his composure. "But if there's a restaurant or a snack shop nearby, then Nii-san can find it."  

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:11 pm
Edward nodded a bit as he sniffed around carefully before catching a whiff, and like a bloodhound he walked towards the direction of the food-ly smell he could find." got it, come on~" he said with a grin, while moving at a pace to let Crystal keep up , and Al as well if he wanted to keep Ed out of trouble in general, given the younger brother knows how much trouble Ed could get in if he's allowed alone. in either case he smelt food and he's -hungry- dammit!

Kuukyo just chuckled seeing Edward stalk off for food, and moved the jeep around in a small donut turn before driving off to find a good distance and hiding place enough in the area to park, so he could get out of the Jeep, and then transmute it back into his briefcase, and then walk his way back to the small town given once again, Kuukyo figured the brothers and Crystal wouldn't get into too much trouble while he was gone and left it at that, so his pace was leisurely at least given he had to lug a briefcase that no doubt anyone else would break limbs trying to carry.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:44 am
"I guess when you've done a lot of traveling you get good at tracking down food no matter where you are," Crystal commented with a slight shrug. She quickly followed after Edward so she wouldn't lose sight of him.

"Nii-san just has a big appetite," Alphonse offered by way of explanation as he also followed after them. Someone had to keep an eye on his brother and he wasn't about to leave Crystal with that responsibility, although she was arguably more mature than both Edward and Kuukyo-san in terms of behaving in public.  

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:06 pm
of course where did Edward lead them to? a small quaint little restraunt that even allowed outside eating and all as Edward smirked "more like when travelling both by foot and by train, i've kinda had to train my nose to find food, or water." he then chuckled a bit "Poor Al here probably needs to not stay in the desert at least." he said in amusement while retelling how Al usually would sink and all as if he was in water, when it came to sand and Ed had to dig him out a few times, and chase him across the desert due to dumping mounds of sand on him while emptying the armor.

Kuukyo meanwhile re-entered the little town white a light whistle as he adjusted his shades, no big deal really, as he sent small minor pulses through the area without anyone looking, keeping his alchemic sensory field, and just making his way in the direction he could faintly hear Edward's voice was going, still at his leisurely pace.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:55 pm
"Well, the desert would be pretty inhospitable even if I wasn't like this," noted Alphonse. "Nearly collapsing from thirst and hunger seemed just as bad as getting buried in the sand."

"That does sound pretty inconvenient," Crystal agreed. She climbed onto a stool by the outdoor restaurant counter since that seemed like a rather fun seating arrangement. The bartender quickly supplied them with glasses of water and the menu was posted on the wall so Crystal took to sipping from her glass while looking it over. Nothing out of the ordinary. The dishes seemed to be mainly chicken, mutton, beef, and pork, all meats that were easy to come by out in the countryside. There were sandwiches and dinner platters that came with soup or salad. It was all pretty standard fair.

Crystal decided on a chicken sandwich with some creamy butternut squash soup since she wanted something that would be easy on her stomach to help her to relax. She also wasn't a very big eater so she didn't want to go overboard with some of the pricier things that were on the menu. To think, she had somehow ended up in the company of the famous Elric brothers. It would have been awesome under different circumstances, but because of the situation and with Kuukyo being there the whole thing just seemed kinda weird.  

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:14 am
Edward of course ordered a couple chicken sandwiches, a bowl of stew, and whatever else small finger foods he could, not minding since he had enough money to handle most expenses for everyone as he waited for his food, he smiled a bit lightly "it feels nice to not have that crazy old fart breathing down my neck at the moment, nothing against him because he's usually pretty laid back, but something about him just... ugh, seems off to me, not sure what." he said while looking to Al "yanno, if we're alchemists why didn't we think to transmute an underground pipe to the nearest water to make a decent water well?"

Kuukyo had been able to get back to the inn they had drove to, lightly glancing about before heading into the inn to get rooms for himself, Crystal, and the Elric brothers and making sure that it was separate rooms if he could, otherwise he'd have to either bunk with the Elrics or do what he's best known for, finding a not so comfortable yet comforting roof to lay on. granted he always loved looking at the sky anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 am
"Well, you were pretty delirious from dehydration and exhausted from chasing me across the desert so I guess we just didn't think to do that," noted Alphonse. "Of course, you would have had to be the one to do it because I definitely can't draw a transmutation circle on sand."

"That's why it's a good idea to always carry a pre-drawn all-purpose circle on hand when you're out in the field," Crystal commented. "They're essential for when you want to perform transmutations in a hurry and for when there isn't a viable surface to draw one on."

This small town definitely didn't see very much outside traffic so Kuukyo would have no trouble reserving separate rooms at the inn. In fact, their group might be the only outsiders in town at the moment and they would probably have the entire building to themselves.  

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:46 am
Kuukyo proceeded to do so, though he didn't really reserve the whole inn, he wasn't mean or made of money despite his salary and all, either way he quickly paid in cash and and such for the rooms, once he got the keys he idly headed back out to not stalk after Ed and the others, but merely to go give them the keys and all, then he'd probably head back to the inn himself to rest and catch up on writing some notes for his research, given he had needed to brush up on some of his 'forbidden' alchemy, probably the least sacrificing form he knew he had access to, given that his alchemy came in three stages, though the second and third stage were the most used due to the fact of the furher and all. Kuukyo of course dabbled in the first stage as well, but only uses it for defense more than attack anyway.

Edward nodded to crystal, while looking over to Al "maybe we can get Stiff as nails to make a few basic circles, whether in paper form or maybe even carvings into your armored gauntlets." he rubbed his head lightly with a hum and all" but that'll be up to him. when we get our rooms i'll be sure to cook up some paper versions anyway." he said with a grin and all, even if it did make him look like an idiot for not thinking of things like that until after the fact. some genius he was.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:11 pm
"Thanks," Crystal pocketed the room key that was given to her by Kuukyo. By that time the food was ready for her and Edward so she remained stead on the stool by the counter to eat.

Alphonse didn't mind the idea of having a portable transmutation circle on hand, but he would prefer if it didn't involve carving one out in his armor. Right now his armor was the closest thing he had to a body and he didn't want to deface it even for the sake of having a convenient transmutation circle. Maybe he could make some gloves like Mustang, Crystal, and Kuukyo all seemed to use. It might seem a little weird for a suit of armor to wear gloves, but Alphonse liked that idea a lot better than carving out circles into the armor directly.

"I think I'd rather avoid having anyone do any carving into my gauntlets," noted Alphonse. "I'd prefer something more subtle like gloves that can be put on and taken off. I don't want to be wearing my transmutation circles all the time."  

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:31 pm
Kuukyo chuckled, while hearing Al's response "basic alchemy style transmutations circles on a glove form.. i can do that, where would you like the pattern for the circle, on the palms or on the back of the hands? i've learned either or tends to work equally well." he said, obviously motioning to his own fingerless gloves which still had the hidden inseams with said circles inside them. "and what color would you like?" he made sure to ask, given he could probably see about bartering some cloth and such for some cash as well to make a few pairs for Al.

Edward just raises an eyebrow "and why can't you be nice to me huh?" he decided to ask, while Kuukyo gave him a deadpan look of 'you know why' before the 'short' alchemist turned to his food and began to eat quietly himself, though he did see an extra bottle of milk sitting on his tray that he gave the devil-eye to while eating.  
The Chaotic Multiverse (RP Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff