Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Surface
Lake Lacrima Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:39 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk relented, there was no other way. He informed Jon of their intent, and the old man looked like a ton had been lifted from his shoulders. Of course, there was the issue of the bandit, who when told the story, found it ludicrous. Dirk had decided to keep him alive, so that when this business was finished, he could go back to his people and try to parley a peace of some kind. Whether it would work, however, would be up to him.

spaceDirk helped Jeremy move the butchered bait out to the tree line, leaving it in the wheelbarrow before heading back to the hide they had quickly put together in the bushes several feet away, where Blade was keeping watch over the bandit, who had been gagged for fear of him panicking at the sight of the thing. Jeremy clutched a rifle, hoping he would not have to use it. They waited for over an hour, until Dirk caught sight of the tree line shaking.

spaceInto the moonlight stepped a tall, gaunt, and pallid creature. It stood eight feet tall, covered in gray flesh stretched tight across its skeleton. Its arms were long, falling past its knees with long dagger-like claws. It had an elongated snout, brimming with crooked but sharp teeth for tearing and ripping flesh, its eyes sunken and blood red. It looked around for a moment, sniffing the air before tearing into the wheelbarrow of flesh. Sated, it loped off back into the woods. Dirk let out his breath, apparently having held it the whole while the beast was there.

space"Damn it. It's a Wendigo."

Red Gypsy
So I got in trouble at work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:25 am
Blade caught the thought almost as soon as Dirk said it out loud though she kept it to herself. A wendigo... Great... She could deal with this... She could... No problem... After all, she was just going to be the lure. Dirk would be the one killing it.

She gave a small sigh as she looked to the Holt in the hide with her in silence for a moment as she debated ways to do this. When she reached a decision, she started to strip down, ignoring the interest in the gagged bandit's eyes, "Just keep the idiot conscious. He has to watch and report back, he can't do that if he's catching z's," she told Jeremy then took one of her daggers and put a few light slices on her forearms.

The slices weren't that damaging to her, but they had to be deep enough to sting so they'd bleed heavily enough. And she couldn't go with her clothes on or she'd shred them when she shifted to get away from the thing at the right moment.

She crawled out of the hide after giving Dirk a quick teasing kiss then headed for the tree line slowly. She knew full well that the scent of fresh blood would draw the creature even if it was full. Wendigo's were notoriously starving all the time, always hungry, though they did get a bit sated from time to time. She didn't go all the way to the tree line, but got just close enough that the breeze carried the scent of her bleeding arms through the trees.

As the thing appeared at the tree line, she didn't hide a spurt of fear scent as they stared at each other for a brief moment. Then the thing started a charge at her and she did the one thing her cat hated: she ran. This was the reason she was the one out here, she could run fast enough to stay out of the creatures jaws. She kept running right past the hide...

thus always to tyrants
How so?

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:47 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk took the rifle from Jeremy, readying the first shot. He knew that only a decapitation would end the thing, but a good headshot would disorient it enough to keep it from outright butchering Blade. Sure, she was fast, but it would be over if it got its claws on her.

spaceAs the beast charged, Dirk lined the shot up and pulled the trigger. The bullet flew true, striking the beast just above its left eye. It roared in pain as it dropped to its knees, thick and vile green fluid spurting from the wound. Dirk passed the rifle back to Jeremy and exited the hide, drawing his longsword.

spaceHe closed the distance quickly, his sword readied to end the beast. As he brought the blade down, however, the wendigo swept a clawed hand out towards him, throwing him back and causing his blade to slice into its shoulders instead. It roared angrily and stood woozily, stomping towards its attacker, drooling hungrily.

spaceDirk drew his machine pistol and emptied the magazine into its belly. At such a close range, each bullet ripped into the flesh, spilling more of its disgusting blood. Screeching in agony, it doubled over for a moment, but grabbed Dirk in its clawed hands, lowering its fangs to Dirk's shoulder. Dirk screamed in pain, trying to get his sword arm free so that he could plunge his blade into the beast...

Red Gypsy
My boss had me take a client out for lunch, as a thank you for their business. She was wearing this shirt with a sugar skull pattern on it, only it had a bunch of holes in it for the skull, and I could see her bra. It was a super cute bra, and I kept looking at it, and she caught me looking more than a few times. I fessed up and asked her where she got her bra, but she relayed what had happened to my boss.

Also, during your post Jeremy is going to get a shot off, probably kneecap the wendigo.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:55 am
As Blade waited to see how things went for Dirk, she got a nasty surprise when the thing actually started gaining the upper hand. Luckily, Jeremy held onto his wits enough to shoot the things kneecap out, causing it to roar in pain again and release Dirk.

That was when Blade ran in to help. Her still-bleeding arms were enough of a distraction to the Wendigo that she was easily able to scoop the sword out of Dirk's hand, give a tight spin as the creature moved for her, and slice its head from its shoulders.

The result was fantastic. But she'd been aiming for its shoulders. The thing moved that fast and ducked down enough that she got its neck instead. Lucky shot and she knew it.

She moved out of the spin into a defensive crouch and waited there long enough to see if the thing was going to move again, the sword held out to the side as she watched the head separate and fall to the ground right before the body did the same. But she didn't move just yet as she panted for air despite the stink of the thing and waited another moment to see if it was going to move again...

thus always to tyrants
Wow! Talk about a b***h! And no problem on the post.

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:52 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk got to his feet, clutching his limp arm as blood dripped down from the nasty wound on his shoulder. It wasn't serious. At least not serious when you considered Blade's healing abilities. Without them, it might have been worse. The wendigo was dead, thanks to Blade. More and more, Dirk was finding himself outclassed by her. Not that he was upset about it. Jeremy brought the bandit out, still gagged. Dirk kicked the head gently.

space"Tomorrow we're cutting you loose. Take this head back and tell them what you saw. Tell them if they ever come back, they'll answer to us."

spaceWith that, they headed back inside, so that Dirk and Blade could tend to his wounds. Inside the room, Dirk removed his partially ruined jacket. The wound was grievous, dark bruising forming around each tooth mark. As she started her work, Dirk grunted.

space"You know, after awhile, you forget there are more than just feral vampires out there."

Red Gypsy
Well I didn't get fired, so it's not all bad lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:27 am
Blade let the healing fire move over the wound, having already healed her arms on their way in. She kept it there until the nastiness was gone and the wound healed up, then she moved it over the rest of his wounds and promised him a massage later.

"I know what you mean... I kept having to remind my brother that there had to be a good pack out there that wouldn't hurt him... We finally found one... And on our travels we encountered things much worse than that Wendigo and had to get rid of them..." she said softly as she cleaned the blood from him and finally sat on the bed in front of him.

She'd gotten dressed before they'd headed back, but she needed a bath. The blasted creature had been even nastier in death than it was alive. But a bath could wait a bit longer if needed, "I'm glad the situation turned out better than you thought... And I'm glad we were able to help them..." she added in a softer voice then leaned in to give him a kiss.

thus always to tyrants
Just tell your boss that she couldn't handle a compliment...

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk examined his jacket. It would need extensive repair, including a replacement of the leather armor underneath the fabric, but at least the jacket had born the brunt of the damage. Both of them were smeared with gore. He nodded at her last statement.

space"Yes. Hopefully they won't have any problems. We should stay a little longer just to make sure.

Red Gypsy
Lol I'll give that a try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:48 pm
Blade gave him another smile, "Agreed. But I think after we tell Jon that, we both need to take a bath desperately... I don't know about you, but I itch!" she finished that one on a plaintive note, unable to help herself.

She didn't mind staying a few more days, but she knew she wouldn't be able to help clean out the slaughterhouse. The smell was just too much for her to handle since it overwhelmed her already sensitive sense of smell.

thus always to tyrants
It's not your fault that she couldn't take a compliment!

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:28 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

space"I think we ought to bathe now."

spaceThough Dirk would never admit it, privately he hated being dirty, which was odd considering his line of work. Unfortunately, he had not brought a change of clothes, and so he would be forced to borrow clothes from the Holts. For now though, he was content to join Blade for a not so quick shower...

spaceJust a few hours later, Dirk found himself yawning as they sat around the breakfast table as the sun began to peek above the horizon. Some of the younger children were grumbling about the hot water being gone, and the bruises and marks that Dirk and Blade now bore were written off as part of their scuffle with the Wendigo.

spaceAs for Dirk's new attire; He had to borrow some of Jeremy's clothes. They were almost the same size, however Jeremy's clothes fit very snug on him. Jeremy insisted on lending him a brown shirt with pearl snaps, saying 'pearl snaps make the man', and jeans that fit snug enough you could tell his religion. He was not amused.

Red Gypsy
Well at least I'm not a guy. I would have been fired on the spot lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:36 pm
While Dirk didn't like the clothes that much, Blade had no trouble admiring him in them. Neither did the other women. Of course, that had Jeremy leaving the table to go look for a pair of pants that would fit a bit looser on Dirk...

Blade focused on Jon with a great deal of effort and started the ball rolling, "We've decided to stay for a few days. Just in case the bandits decide not to take the deal. But as far as cleaning out that room under the barn, you're going to have to have your family deal with that. I can't do it. My nose is just too sensitive for it..." she explained to him, leaving Dirk to say anything else he needed to.

Especially when the 'boys' in the family groaned at the fact that they'd be the ones cleaning the mess out...

thus always to tyrants
Too true! But it was mostly her fault for wearing that kind of shirt. Totally unprofessional of her...

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:04 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceJon shot Blade a look for a moment as some of the younger children started whispering, wondering what room Blade was talking about. It couldn't be helped though, and being mad wouldn't help anything. Instead, he told them to quiet down and eat so they could tend to their chores, sending one of the older men out to lock the barn in case they tried to snoop.

space"That would be fine. Blade, would you mind helping the young ones repair the front of the house? Dirk, you and the older boys repair the fence."

Red Gypsy
I don't work in an office type professional setting, and our clients are small business owners, so they dress however. Still, lol, that's not a shirt you wear with no extra layers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:16 pm
Blade considered the younger children in silence before saying anything. She wasn't the one good with kids. That was her brother. Hence the scene after the bandit raid with the kids and her on the porch. Dirk'd had to rescue her.

Thankfully one of the other women noted the look on her face and took pity on her, namely Sarah, "We can handle the younger ones, Da... Let Blade help out by patrolling the fence or keeping the kids corralled instead of roaming. You know how well they try to slip out. I dare them to try to get past her," she suggested softly, earning a look of gratitude from Blade.

Now she knew she had to speak up, "To be perfectly honest, Jon, kids and I don't always mix well. My brother is better with them than I am. But I can certainly work on the repairs to the house as well as keeping anyone from running off," she offered, hoping he'd understand.

thus always to tyrants
That's what I meant...

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:36 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceJon nodded, agreeing to let Sarah watch the youngest kids while Blade helped repair the house. Dirk was amused by the exchange. He was not as nervous around children as Blade was, but he could understand her trepidation. Finally, breakfast was over, and everyone went about their chores.

spaceOf course, repairing the fence did not take long, since moving the truck was the bulk of the work. The others that were working the fence with Dirk made for the barn, while Dirk headed up to the house. It was a hot afternoon, and he was sweating from laboring under the sun. When he found Blade, she was working alone, having sent the kids away in frustration. He couldn't help but chuckle, and making sure no one was looking, he stepped behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing the back of her neck.

space"Having fun?"

Red Gypsy
It was a super cute bra though. She never did tell me where she got it.
[/spoiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 pm
Blade purred for him as she lowered the hammer away from the nail she'd been about to hit, "I am now. Those little beasts wouldn't listen to a damned thing I said. Sarah has them all inside doing the repairs needed in there under her supervision. I have caught three of them trying to sneak out and scared the whey out of them, so I don't think the rest are going to try it," she told him honestly as she leaned into him.

She wasn't bothered by the fact that he was sweaty. She was too. Besides, he smelled damned good to her right now. She managed to turn her head to give him a very welcoming kiss before turning back to her work, "I just have to get a few more boards up, then the shingles and I'll be done. Why don't you go rinse off and see about some lunch?" she suggested, knowing full well that with him this close to her, she'd be distracted from the work.

Watching him at the fence had already earned her a bruised thumb and nearly had her falling off the ladder already.

thus always to tyrants
Well that was just rude!
[/spoiler

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:25 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk grunted and kissed her again, this time pulling her off the ladder.

space"That sounds boring though."

spaceHe kissed her deeply, fondling her body before biting the Mark on her shoulder. Suddenly, however, he let go and started walking inside. Dirk chuckled. This teasing thing seemed like it was fun.

space"But you're right. I'll go see about some lunch..."

Red Gypsy
Lol Jerk Dirk is a Jerk

Surface

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out