Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
т α ι v α s : O P E N ( still accepting a few spots) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:46 pm
Jake scurried frantically back and forth in the engine room as he tried to keep the whole damn thing from blowing. He went and relieved some pressure from this valve, upped the pressure in that valve, fixed this monitor, make a temporary fix to thay leak, he was just everywhere.

He would have to remember to talk to Eureka about doing jobs like this...again. It seemed like she was just drawn to jobs that'll push the ship to the brink, that or she just loves making Jake work his a** off. As much as he loved working on the engine, he hated having to do the exact same repairs week after week because that b***h couldn't take on an easy job or two. Okay, so maybe it wasn't THAT often, but it sure as hell felt like it.

"Come on sweetie. Just pull through a little longer and you can have a nice long rest. Plus, I'll be sure to go through and fix you up better than new." he cooed to the engine as he continued his work. He hated having to push the Galatea like this, tried to tell Eureka that it wasn't quite ready for a job like this, that he wanted to make a couple more modifications before continuing, but nooooo. Eureka simply had to have her twins right now. She couldn't wait an extra week to ensure they could handle it. So now he's paying the price for her impatience by running like a chicking with it's head chopped off to keep his ship together.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:02 pm
User Image
╔═ "Good work, Joseph," she managed to mutter. Eureka's mind raced as the wind chilled her body because of the wet clothes. No one had yet to bring her a pair of gloves yet and she was a bit annoyed. Running a hand through her dark, wet hair with her ungloved hand as she looked back at the chase that was ensuing. They needed to lose them. In the back of her head, she had wondered how the girl was fairing down below. One of the crew members had reported that there was a dead body down there, probably one of Tondra's crew. At least they didn't take the other one. Was she still unconscious?

She knew Tondra would come back for the second one. Of course she would, because whatever incentive she had received, it was probably to take both twins and not just one. She knew Tondra would come around to hunt them again when Eureka eventually would shake off the military. That was a fact. And when Tondra did decide to come for her, Eureka was determined to steal the other twin back from her. How dare she take half her treasure without working hard for it?!
Eureka paced about, rubbing the broach that held together her cape. She turned to Joseph with an affirmed look. "I want to cross the border, to Marus." She doubted Tondra would dare cross the border, especially cause everyone was looking for the Galatea. She wouldn't take the chance. Nonetheless, the border would be all the more guarded. That was the hard part. She knew she could shake everyone off once she was in Marus, in the mountains. She would never return to her village, no, but she knew that if she were in the mountain range, she could linger there before formulating a better plan. Of course, the mountains were a both a benefit and a difficulty. It would provide an excellent place to hide and they could stay there long enough for Eureka to decide where she would go from there.. Of course, however, flying through the mountains was like finding hay in a needle stack. Jake would surely be very pissed off about that. He was probably pissed off now, having to fix that damned engine of hers. She inclined her head towards Joseph, relying on him to keep her sane for the time being. "Help me find a way to get across." ═╝

User Image

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:52 pm
The difference between the good guys and the bad guys

Exhaling slowly Joesph stayed in his position as he cast a gave over towards Eureka from time to time. She was her ever eratic self and it showed. Her eyes were wild in thoughts best left to him though they likely centered around the 2nd twin's abduction from their care and the Tondra. Reaching into his pocket and slowly fishing for something the minor squish of soaked leather followed his hand as he pulled the pair of now wet gloves from his pocket and fished them over towards Eureka. A peeve of her's being without them he always kept a spare set close rather then have to listen to her complaints about not having any brought to her swiftly.

Before Eureka had even looked towards him he knew what she likely wanted to do. The Marus boarders, the direction she wanted to steer the ship. His thoughts were affirmed as she told him the plan. To which he replied with a slow exhale and slowly closing his eyes. It would by no means be an easy thing to do let alone hiding but if they made the mountains, the chance of vanishing completely was there. Opening his eyes slowly to gaze at her his face kept it's solemn look as he again moved towards his pocket. Each movement followed by the sound of wet fabric pulling across flesh as his own clothing like the captain's was soaked thoroughly.

"Of course." Pulling a small metal cylinder from his pocket Joesph slowly unscrewed it producing what was in all concepts a water proof cigarette case. "It won't be an easy trek you know that, but as you are likely thinking should we get to the mountains we stand a better chance." Pulling a single tobacco filled stick from the case he returned it back to his pocket as he held the end towards the captain. Unlike his smokes his main method of lighting up, the matches kept in his pocket were no longer of any use to him. With a small twitch of his hand Joesph motioned for her assistance in lighting the end of his cigarette.

"The Marus forces by now have likely been contacted and are beginning to make their way towards the boarder in hopes of forcing a blockade. Fortunately, unlike them, we have speed on our side should Jake be able to keep the engines up and running at full speed. The forces by all thoughts are going to attempt a pincer maneuver to attack us. With the one twin on board tho we have an advantage in they will not use destructive force to take down the Galatea in hopes of not harming her." Joesph said piecing a plan together step by step as it came to mind. "Meaning that aside from grappling, the military forces will do very little physically giving us when we come against them the opportunity to be the aggressor. The weakness of the Pincer is how the main flank is the worst guarded as they attempt to attack from two sides. That is where we shall hit taking out that line and in turn causing chaos enough to make our exit." Finishing for the most part Joesph again looked to his unlit cigarette with a small frown.
Is whether they use a human shield or make themselves one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:02 pm
By the time the Galatea reached the Marus border, the blockade was still being formed. The Valkyrie had yet to arrive, simply due to the vast distance between the capital and the border. After all, the mountains were a vast and rough territory.

A moment later, Hector received another messenger scroll. As she read it, she frowned. Halfway down the page, she received another scroll and read that as well. It seemed as if the pirates were already at the border and the emperor knew she wouldn't make it. She had been given new orders, to stall the Goliath when she arrived, giving the patrol men time to capture the Galatea. If they failed, she would have to sniff the out of hiding. 'I wish his majesty would make up his mind.' She thought, rolling up the scrolls before setting them aside. There was no reason to inform the crew yet. After all, there was no reason to change course just yet.  

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:15 pm
User Image
╔═ Eureka looked amused to see a pair of gloves available. She slipped off the other mismatched glove, throwing it to the floor while she slipped on the leather pair. She didn't prefer leather, but she was just glad that there was a pair that she could put on. After a moment, Eureka looked back up again at Joseph, who offered to light his cigarette. She rolled her eyes and leaned forward, snapping her fingers. The cigarette sparked and then lit to Joseph's pleasure.
Joseph was smart; he was, after all, an ex soldier. While Eureka was the clever, mischievous one, Joseph was more level headed. He was her logic, her tactician and a well-selected one at that.

Eureka tapped her arm as she crossed both of them. "It leaves ourselves too vulnerable though, especially for my beloved Galatea. It's risky, but I like it. With this rain stopping, we can even put on a lil' show for 'em," she murmured cheekily, in her usual foxy voice. With that, she left the navigating to Joseph and left past the quarter deck to the belly below to check for the little red-headed princess. ═╝

User Image

pup720

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:23 pm
((Do people not like me? Why do I only have one crewmemeber? Also, this was suppoed to be a longer post, but I'm being forced to take off.))

The ship swayed softly under my feet, and I stood at the prow. It was nighttime where we were, and the rain slowly stopping.

There. The night sky. I never thought I'd get a chance to see it like so...

Hey.

I glanced over, and there was Tondra. She was gently combing out her partly damp curls.

I've thought of an interesting... issue with you being a crew-memeber. Not that, once shown the ropes, you wouldn't make a fine first mate, but...

I'm so very noticeable?

Tondra nodded.

Yes. The cult... the cult is crazy. They're willing to go farther to get their prize then the military. If what you said about her direction is right, then Eureka will try to hide in the Marus mountains...

...And the cult will follow, whether by air or land. I finished quietly. Sounds like they give Eureka a run for her money in the crazy department.

And now that I'm not going to be handing you over... once they realize you're not with your sister, they'll start going after me.

So, what... a disguise? That's actually not as hard as a problem as you might think.

She tilted her head. What?

I stood and turned, leaning against the rail. I crossed my arms as I thought about it.

There are... artifacts floating around. Old ones. I've only really know how to use one, and that's back at the palace. And I highly doubt you're going to drop me off for a quick chat and tea to fetch it. But it was... it was a jewel. A forehead jewel that Amoretta and I would play with when we were younger. It was more then a piece of family treasure it was something, something that when we held it... made us normal. Something else... no one else... could use.

I looked at my hands.

No one understands our plight better then I. Amoretta wasn't content to study our... blessing? Curse? Normalcy? She was too busy getting into fights and throwing tantrums for attention. I studied. I pushed myself to my limits and then beyond. No none more interesting a topic then the subject of the people before, who had no inherent abilities. I found that an inkling of the old stories are true, at least. Once upon a time, we never had the blessing of abilities.

She stared at me, jaw dropped.

Before, we made do with items. They're not magic, not technology as we know it. The best word I can think of is mystic-- or supernatural. And then we as a race got a blessing from the goddess of Melith. Our abilities replaced the items, as they were no longer needed-- or useable. Now they are just an unusually shiny piece of ancient treasure, an old well worn sword, a shiny jewel. Until now. I looked up at her with a smile. With one of those artifacts, I become untraceable. Not holding one, I am invisible. Give me a wig, maybe play with my skin-color... and your princess will be on another ship.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 pm
Victor saw Lina lie down on the floor. "Stand up, soldier!" he barked at her. No one lay down on the job under his watch. "Unless you want horrifying images projected into your mind again, I suggest you stay awake and do your job!"

The captain then turned to Renard to give a reply. "I suppose they wanted in on the action. Unfortunately we cannot split this ship in two and go after both, so we will continue to pursue the one which has kidnapped members of the royal family.

"Sir, the other ship seems to have changed directions and is taking the stormcloud with it!" a soldier reported.

"How unfortunate. I was hoping they would stick together and maybe fight it out before we came in to finish both of them off" Victor said. "However, we still have our orders and that is what we will do." Victor wasn't sure about the Erebus, but he knew that the Galatea had at least one of the kidnapped twins as it was the one that lead the raid on the castle. There was a better chance of rescue if that ship was followed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:15 pm
Lina said nothing, slamming her fist upon the ground began to move, encasing herself in a metal cage so Victor wouldn't be able to reach her. It was part of her way of saying that she built this ship and could and would do what she wanted regardless of what Victor said. She personally built every ship in the imperial fleet and the royal family owed her more money then they could probably ever pay back. If the situation wasn't so dire, she would have dismantled a few things within the ship, forcing them to land and be stuck until Victor apologized. She had been known to do that with other captains who got on her nerves, and usually they ended up fired whether the rulers of Adalla liked it or not.

Lina then lazily turned to Victor with a yawn. "You know... if you REALLY wanted to take them both down fast, you'd harpoon them. I could use that connection to feel the vibrations of both ships and use my power to force them to land. You're not very good at this, are you?" She yawned again.

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:48 pm
"Well, that would be all and good, except we don't have any on this ship, so we can't very much do that, can we?" Victor replied, getting irritated, but forcing himself to remain calm. It was not good for a captain to get agitated in front of his crew. For the person who built the ship Lina should have known that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 pm
"... no harpoons?" She asked, turning to look at Victor with a little surprise. She then looked up towards the ceiling in thought.

~~~~~~~

"Here's the master plan! 1,678,000 per ship! Comes fully with personally built cannons and harpoons!" Lina smiled to the emperor of Adalla.

"That's a bit out of our price range." The king replied. "And we can buy cannons and harpoons ourselves for cheaper then what you're asking."

"Ok. That will cut it down to about 1,000,000." She replied.

"Very well then..." The emperor nodded. "That we can deal with."

~~~~~~~~

"Oh yeah!" Lina replied, suddenly clapping with a huge smile. "That's right! The budget cuts! I guess you really don't have harpoons don't you."

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm
[ lol, I'll post later tonight.

But @Ameras: I know! Everybody hates you! Just kidding! I actually have someone working on a profile for your ship, if he actually comes through. ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:57 pm
((I don't hate you Okami!!! I just dislike everyone, I mean I made a character that spends most of his time in the engine room! Well for the moment anyways. And I was actually thinking of making another character and placing him on your shipe, but it seems someone beat me to it.))  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:08 pm
((I would love to have more crew members. Everyone wants to join the military, or the crazy fire pirate. Y No people like storm pirate?))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:21 pm
((Well, I joined the crazy fire pirate because I liked her name. And then I got too darn busy to make another profile for the storm pirate. Now, I'm not even sure if there's room on that ship available with the other person making a profile))  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:34 pm
((As far as I know, there's just Tondra, Rachana, and Veasna. Only three, compared to everyone else who seems to have a full compliment))

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff