Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Music Club ~ [[Open 2061-2062]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 pm
User Image
ωєη∂у мα∂єℓιηє ςнαιѕту
<6th Year>

Wendy had gone early up to the music room to get the papers laid out for the music club sign ups but also to practice. She had seen to it that the school supply the music room with a harp last year and was happy to visit it. While the harp had less charm and history than the one she played at the Avery Manor, the instrument was charming. A single pluck of the stream filled the air with a sweet angelic sound. Testing that the instrument was tuned she smiled as she began to play Mà Vlast: Vltava. While it was not the music perhaps most of the club was interested in she hoped to spark some interest in the club members. Wendy grew up with classical music and the two instruments she played, the viola and harp, were very much suited best for classical music. She knew that Mira should be there soon enough but was curious to see who else would show up to the club that Leonette Mitchell (now Avery) had given her two years ago to care for with Mira.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 2031-2032
Dressed: with class

{OoC: Open for interaction. The more the merrier for joining!}
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:30 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Music Room

Mira headed to the music room for the first club meeting. She really hoped that new members would come. She was humming through the halls as she went along. Though uncharacteristic of the Slytherin girl, the blonde didn't care. She loved music and avoiding it for years for a petty reason like avoiding her sister was just mental. Though that was behind her and she could at least enjoy her love of music for the three years her sister wasn't there.

As Mira approached the room she couldn't help but over hear the sounds of the harp. There was only one person she knew that played that instrument. Instead of going in right away she hung by the doorway for a moment listening to her friend play. It was certainly beautiful she would admit. After a moment of eavesdropping, Mira decided to go in. Sure enough it was Wendy playing away. Waiting till she was done Mira decided to speak.
"That was beautiful playing Wendy." She complimented to her housemate.

User Image

With: Wendy

Wearing: A Green Dress with Heels

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sɛƈօռɖ Yɛǟʀ Gʀʏʄʄɨռɖօʀ Cɦǟsɛʀ

Gid hopped into the room where he'd heard Music Club would be. His old school had had a music club too, but it was mostly just the snooty popular kids. He'd never even gotten a chance to play there. He looked around the room, spotting only one girl playing some song he'd never heard on the harp. He blinked a few times, not sure if he should stay, or if he should go. It didn't seem like anyone else was here, and he didn't want to interrupt the redhead's practice. He watched another girl walk in, all while he was just too nervous to say anything. The two girls seemed to know each other, and were both older than him. Awkwardly, he sat nearest the door, hoping someone he knew would happen across the room and come chat with him. Or that the girls would tell him to vamoose. Either way.

Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ɪɴ ℓιƒє ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ cяαωℓ, Lᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀɪᴘ, тяιρ αη∂ ƒαℓℓ
Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀɴ ᴏɴ ɴᴏ-ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ƒιη∂ уσυяѕєℓƒ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ωαℓкιηg'ѕ єαѕу ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ɪs ғʟᴀᴛ
Tʜᴇᴍ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴏʟᴇ ʜɪɪʟs'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ єνєяу тιмє
Yᴇᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ Lᴏʀᴅ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜs мσυηтαιηѕ sᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ cℓιмв

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:51 pm
User Image
ωєη∂у мα∂єℓιηє ςнαιѕту
<6th Year>

Wendy smiled when her friend entered the room and complimented her. Since she and Evander had taken to snogging regularly she was more prone to smiles, though to be fair she always was slightly more prone to smile when surrounded by music. She may have learned the harp and viola due to her father's insistence at her to be a pretty doll like her mother was said to be, but that did not mean she didn't love the music. "Thank-you," She said, "it helps when you've been playing since a young child, though."

She paused her smile dropping to a more neutral expression as she went on, "Father's insistence, you know, because of my mother." She looked to her friend and said, "We need to start coming up with our replacement or replacement after next year." Her attention was turned when she saw a younger student sneak in through the door. He didn't do a very good job of sneaking in and taking a seat but that was thanks to the fact he was a cripple. Well it was a start for the turn out. She tried for what she hoped as a welcoming smile but it was restrained at best, "Hell, welcome to the music club. You can move closer to the front of the room if you would like."

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gid looked over when the redhead addressed him. Apparently he hadn't been very sneaky. Then again, he never was very sneaky. The redhead smiled, but it looked like she was forcing herself to be polite. Ooooh, Gid could tell this whole thing was a bad idea! He'd probably interrupted something important! With a shaky smile of his own, Gid responded, hoping to sound casual. "Oh, hello! I... I'm fine, here. Really. I'm just watching, i-if that's okay. I-I can go away if I need to." So much for casual. The boy sighed, hoping the whole thing ended. He didn't want to just leave!

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:25 am
User Image
                                                    Take all of your wasted honor
                                                    Every little past frustration
                                                    Take all of your so-called problems,
                                                    Better put 'em in quotations

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝒹 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 || ℋ𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 || 𝐵𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

════════════════════════

Zeph made his way into the room, having heard about the club for a while now, but unable to find the room it was supposed to be held in. As a result, the tall teen had pretty much missed last year's meetings, and was trying to make it for this year. Thankfully, he breathed a sigh of relief, already spying the piano in the room and wanting to make his way over. However, it seemed as though the room was already occupied, and frowned as he recognised one of the two girls in the room. Huh, he knew Mira from quidditch, he didn't know she played an instrument. Or was she here because she enjoyed music? He shrugged, unable to say for sure, and instead leaned against the wall, noting the redhead in the group was talking to a student. One he recognised from the pitch since he had refused to actually smack a bludger at him. Well, if he wasn't the only one in the club today, then great. At least he wasn't going to feel like a complete fool when he played in front of people. Especially if someone just chucked sheets of music at him and expected him to play. That would be embarassing.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Hrm, well, not that many people here yet.
                                                    OOC:
                                                    Snow

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even if your hands are shaking
                                                    And your faith is broken
                                                    Even as the eyes are closing
                                                    Do it with a heart wide open

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MelB87

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:17 am
User Image
~M.J. Al'Meara ~
.::. First Year .::. Hufflepuff .::.

spaceM.J. walked down the corridor on the third floor toward the room where she had overheard the Music club would be, holding the case of her trumpet by her side. She didn't know if a trumpet would fit into the style of Hogwarts, but it was the only instrument she knew how to play, having been in her old muggle school's Orchestra for the last 3 years. At the time she had only joined to make friends, which she had, and discovered she had a knack for the trumpet and people other than her parents liked her singing.

spaceAs she turned the corner, she saw 4 students in the room. All of them where older than her, since she didn't recognize any from class. She did recognize her housemate Zeph. He's the one who told her about this club. "Hi Zeph! Nice to see you here. Thanks again for letting my know about this club." she said with a smile. She looked around and saw some sign up sheets laid out, and pick one up to have a closer look. Suddenly she realized, "oh.. I forgot my quill. I'm sorry, do any of you happen to have one?" she asked sheepishly to other students.

::OOC::
mc2
murruelecreuset
Miss GryffindorK
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:32 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Music Room

Mira smiled back at her friend. She’d noticed Wendy was more prone to smiling then again she was the same way. Maybe they were in sync or perhaps they had similar reasons for smiling. “It certainly shows.” She commented before adding. “Yeah, I know. Though, I also know that even if your father might have insistent, you have to admit you wouldn’t be half as good as you are if you didn’t have an interest for it.” It was true anyone could be good but to be great you needed to want to do it or so she was told.

“Oh yeah, guess we’ll see who this year brings and go from there?” Mira figured. What else were they to do? Besides they had at least one more year before making a final decision. Turning her attention as a boy with crutches came in Mira smiled. Perhaps hers was less restrained then Wendy’s but regardless they needed members and both Slytherin girls could be happy the prospects of that. “Yeah, welcome to the music club.” She said after Wendy before Gideon said what he did. Mira instantly shook her head. “No, that’s fine. Everyone’s welcome so long as you like music that is.” She said trying to make light.

Two other students walked into the room after that. One of which Mira knew the other not at all. When the young girl asked if anyone had a quill she spoke up.
“Yes, I do.” She said grabbing the quill that she brought to every club meeting (just in case). “Hello and welcome to the music club.” Mira greeted them before holding the quill out of M.J.

User Image

With: Wendy, Gid, Zeph, M.J.

Wearing: A Green Dress with Heels

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

mc2
Miss GryffindorK
Diamond Wales
MelB87

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:47 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Emma decided this year she would join the music club in order to make some more friends. It never hurt to have a large social circle. However, she didn’t know how good she’d be music wise. She liked music, listening to it at least. Though playing it she’d never tried. Maybe if she did she’d find out she liked it. However she’d never know unless she was willing to learn. For now Emma was just going to go and see how things turned out. You never know.

Walking into the room in her casual clothes, Emma noticed Gideon, Zeph, and M.J. Smiling she walked over. “Hello everyone,” She said brightly to everyone in the room. “Hey Gideon, I didn’t know you were going to be here.” She said taking a seat next to him. Honestly she always wanted to spend more time with him. He was a Gryffindor and pretty cool in her mind. He even made the Quidditch team which was super awesome. Here he thought he wouldn’t make it. That thought alone made Emma smile.

With: Club Members... Gid

Wearing: Casual Colors

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gid was trying to avoid the rather angered gaze of the redhead, using any excuse to people watch. He saw Zeph, that Hufflepuff Beater. He gave a small wave, wanting to congratulate him on a good game, while also wanting to remain quiet. The next person he found that he knew was Emma. She sat beside him, then offered a hello. When she said she hadn't known he would be there, he nodded awkwardly. "Well, I didn't know I'd be here until a while ago. I finished my homework early, so I thought I'd come here and at least watch. I really never got to at my old school." He glanced down a bit, slightly embarrassed. He probably shouldn't have mentioned that, since it seemed he already had a mother hen or two. This society was a lot different. "I mean.. yea. I'm probably not even gonna play. I'm not very good, and I don't like people watching me." He sighed, wondering where his head was. He'd been acting odd for a week or so, feeling a bit lonesome since Rhys was being crazy. Hopefully he'd come back to his senses soon enough.

murruelecreuset

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:35 am
User Image

Avian Zechariah Lovette

Third YearPurebloodMusic LoverRavenclawFirst-born

Lying in my backyard, head is facing skyward
                                              I'd imagine all the things that I could be
                                              A pilot or a fighter, an astronaut or writer
                                              Anything except just being (me)

And oh, the bells would start to ring
                                              Words came to my head and I would start to sing

╔═.♬.═══════════════════════╗

Avian could've sworn he just heard beautiful harp music from the room. He didn't know but it sounded so... angelic, and that was when he figured out who was playing when he entered. It was the the red-headed lady, looking quite older than the rest of the room save for that older girl wearing a green dress. Maybe they were the ones in charge of this club, oh well, it wasn't like they would be some strict type of authority in a music club.

He was carrying a guitar, which was encased in a guitar case. So far he knew two instruments he could use; it's either a piano or this one. But, of course, he would gladly go for the guitar. After all, his cousin gave it to him. While he was at it, he felt like he should try meet his clubmates, starting with that Gryffindor guy and a Hufflepuff girl. "Hello," He greeted politely with a friendly smile, "I could've sworn I've heard harp music playing from here, I supposed joining here was worth it"

[OOC : I really hope you don't mind?]

╚═.♬.═══════════════════════╝

With the *moon as the spotlight* that shines on me
                                              And the stars were the *lighters* in the air
                                              And the wind screaming loud sounded just like a crowd
                                              And I swore I was already there and I'd howl at the moon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking : "Wow that is a nice harp"
With : Gid and Emma
Attire : Casually Rational

Quote:
[quote="Miss GryffindorK"][/quote="murruelecreuset"]
Quote:
[quote="Miss GryffindorK"][/quote="murruelecreuset"][quote][/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:13 pm
User Image
ωєη∂у мα∂єℓιηє ςнαιѕту
<6th Year>

Wendy smiled a bit larger as her friend acknowledged her hard work in learning and went on to point out she would not be as talented as she was if it had been merely her father's insistence that drove her to be musical. Her father had spent several years of her childhood in Azkaban, after all, and while the Averys encouraged her to be skilled musically they never particularly pressed the matter to be able to do anything more than play a few simple songs. No, it was her who would practice for hours on end. Music was a cage built for her by her father but it was also liberating. Music was like the ocean, elusive and beautiful and full of so many faces. "True enough," Wendy conceded aloud nodding as Mira said they would wait and see who turned out this year. And soon students began to trickle in.

She looked to Mira who offered a quill to MJ and added, "For the future I'd advise always have a quill with you: you never know if a quill you borrow might be cursed." She shrugged and added, "Not that I would worry about that here."

She was about to greet the club in general when a boy with red glasses came in carrying a guitar case. Wendy smiled in return to the boy's smile and said, "That... That would have been me. It is one of our more recent additions." She smiled a smile that could almost be called innocently happy as she folded her hands together in front of her and began, "Anyways, for those of you who do not know me, which it looks to be most of you, I am Wendy Chaisty and this is my friend and co-captain of the club, Mira Mitchell. This is all very informal. Those who wish to perform their latest work can and those who wish to watch or listen feel free to do so. Also many of us know one or two instruments so if there is any instrument you wish to learn feel free to ask. For example my instruments of choice is the harp and viola. Anyone else care to introduce themselves?"

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

MelB87

Diamond Wales

Jade Galaksylph

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:13 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Emma smiled at Gid despite it being a whim he was there she couldn’t be happier. Then again she’d only decided to go because she heard her housemates talking about it. Though when he said he wasn’t very good she shook her head. “I’m sure your great Gid. Way better than me considering I don’t play anything kind of instruments.” She said with a smile. “Then again I’m more the type to draw doodles on a page for hours while listening to music.” She admitted when an older boy with red glasses came over.

“Hello,” Emma greeted him before turning to look over at the redheaded girl. It was her who was playing the harp earlier. When she addressed the room that’s when she realized the girl’s name was Wendy. She played harp and viola. Wasn’t a viola like a violin? Pushing the thought aside Emma figured she might as well share the group. “I’m Emma Bailey. I don’t play any instruments and I’m not a singer or anything like that. Though, I love listening to all kind of music.” She said brightly. It was the truth music was great she just didn’t know it on the performance level.

With: Club Members... Gid & Avian

Wearing: Casual Colors

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

Miss GryffindorK
                                                        Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gid smiled at Emma, then shrugged. He wasn't very good, but he liked playing, so perhaps it wouldn't be a total trainwreck. She said she didn't play, and he frowned a bit. "I play for fun, just started learning two years ago. I'm not fantastic or anything... but if you want to learn, I can teach you how to play?" He offered a helpful smile, hoping she'd be happy with his offer. She mentioned her doodling, and he laughed. "To even the odds, I can't draw a bit. I swear, it's like something a three year old might do!" An older kid entered, looking a bit confused. He talked about harps, then the redhead lady spoke some more.

Wendy, her name was, asked them to introduce themselves. Oh dear. Emma hurriedly stood and greeted herself, so Gid decided he'd go next. After struggling with his crutches for a minute, the boy stood up. "Hi everyone. I'm Gideon Reid. I play the drums, and I kinda want to learn guitar, so I might try and pick that up too." He smiled, then worked his body to plop back in the chair. Introductions sucked. Oh well. He was announced and done for the day.

murruelecreuset

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:03 am
User Image

Avian Zechariah Lovette

Third YearPurebloodMusic LoverRavenclawFirst-born

Lying in my backyard, head is facing skyward
                                              I'd imagine all the things that I could be
                                              A pilot or a fighter, an astronaut or writer
                                              Anything except just being (me)

And oh, the bells would start to ring
                                              Words came to my head and I would start to sing

╔═.♬.═══════════════════════╗

Avian proceeded to sit beside the young girl. then noticed that the Head of the Club named Wendy was quite flattered about his compliment. He wasn't going to lie, but he felt a bit awkward when he greeted the two younger people, but the then was trying to start a nice topic or was just trying to be friendly. Pushing that thought, he laid the case down to the floor upright and vertical, supported between his knees. He quietly listened to Emma and Gideon was they introduced themselves, he couldn't help but wonder about what happened to the boy. But then, he didn't want to straight-up ask someone he just met. He pretty much felt it would be a rude thing to ask about something personal.

After Gideon, Avian stood up but he almost knocked down his guitar case, which he caught before it was going to hit a chair. 'Yikes,' He thought as he felt like doing this at the first day of your Club Time was quite embarrassing. He cleared his throat after he finally set the gutiar at the right place, "Sorry about that, anyway," He began to speak, "Hello, my name's Avian Lovette from Ravenclaw. I play a piano and a guitar, as you could see here. But I was quite more drawn into playing guitar recently, but I could still play the other. I kind of always wanted to be a musician and..." He chuckled and tried to give a polite smile, "Yeah... I think you could say I'm quite enthusiastic about these stuff so... That's it," He shrugged before plopping himself back on the chair. After that, he turned to Gideon saying, "By the way, you say that you play drums? That's really cool! I've heard alot of bands from the (Magic) Radio and they're so nice. And if you want, I would gladly give some guitar stuffs. If you want, of course, and also" Avian turned to Emma, "What kind of music do you listen to?"

╚═.♬.═══════════════════════╝

With the *moon as the spotlight* that shines on me
                                              And the stars were the *lighters* in the air
                                              And the wind screaming loud sounded just like a crowd
                                              And I swore I was already there and I'd howl at the moon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking : "Stuffs."
With : Gideon Reid and Emma Bailey
Attire : Casually Rational

Miss GryffindorK
/quote]
murruelecreuset

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers