Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:36 am
Word count: 163

Cari gave a playful shriek and giggled like mad when Arrin being redistributing the snow and ice from his fur to hers, wiggling and aiming playful nips at his legs and tail. Her eyes and smile sparkled with the pure joy of simply being alive, happy, and in love.

"Well, I cheat a little," she replied with playful mischief, and help up one of her paws for inspection. Even though she was physically shorter than Arrin, her stature was just as broad as his. In the area of paw-size however, she beat him. The limb she held up was well-muscled and wide. The webbing between her toes was also more prominent, giving her and her species more surface area to better walk over instead of through the crusty surface of snowy, or in this case more surface to scoop away more snow. The whole thing was so fuzzy that it was difficult to spot the webbing, another thing that helped them move about.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:37 am
Originally posted by Reoakee

Word count: 175

“There is nothing cheating about being born to live in this area of the world.” He leaned down just over her paw and blew his warm breath gently on it to warm her paw up. He had seen her paws before and knew how efficient they were at moving snow but that didn’t stop chunks of ice from forming between her toes that she would have to chew out later. He had that problem but Cari had it worse with that delicate but strong webbing she always was so careful and took such good care of her paws but he wanted to help her sometime. After all he was her mate and wanted to do anything that would make her happier.

He grinned at his earlier mind set of the trip. It was enough he was here with her. “You know Cari I might be the world’s biggest fool but I’m so lucky you love me anyway.” He looked her in the eye and moved forward to give her a soft lick on the muzzle.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:39 am
Word count: 210

Cari laughed and didn't give Arrin the chance to finish moving forward; she pretty much darted forward and give him a lick of her own. "So if I'm in love with the world's biggest fool, doesn't that come with a title," she asked playfully, even as her bright purple eyes glowed with affection. "If you're going with King I could be Queen of the Fools. Or if that's a little too formal...hmmm."

She tapped a paw to her chin, briefly distracted trying to think of a different title one could use that had a beta title. Alpha and Beta was a little too plain. She couldn't think of a beta for Hero, and besides that was a special nickname. That mental image did conjure up another word, one somewhat similar and that actually did have a beta to it. Cari tested the sound of it in her mind, found she liked it, then turned her grin back on Arrin.

"Oooor, you could be the Knight of Fools and I can be your trusty Squire!" She leaned forward and gave him a gentle n** along his jawline, still grinning with affection. "Or if you like the title of King I could change my title to Jester, since I'm so silly."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:40 am
Originally posted by Reoakee

Word count: 373

Chuckling he stuck out his tongue at her. “Title, why of course it does.” He listened to her rattle off ideas looking at her and marveling just how cute she looked when she was pondering something. As she rattled off titles one after another he chuckled quietly. Her affections to him made him lean to her. “You might be silly at times Cari but you have the most sense of any fox I know. That must seem odd saying and given the makeup of our tribe but it’s true. You always seem to know what’s important to me, even when I don’t really know it. You take care of everyone you can even if they aren’t on your team and giving you a hard time. Even now when we are away from it all and I’m wound up like a squirrel that just fell in ice water. You just being you is enough to calm me down and make me smile.” Raising a paw Arrin brushed some snow off the top of his head while clearly looking for words. “This trip was kind of my way to take you away from the tribe for a while and kind of..” He blushed furiously. “Kind of try to get you about thinking about a family. I’m not a flashy or strong kind of male so I figured starting a family was one of the ways I could support you and show how much I love you. I know we’re a young couple compared to our tribe leader and all but I wanted to show you how much I care about you and maybe start thinking about a family of our own. When you said before you didn’t feel ready for kits I wondered if you didn’t want any and to be honest that made me pretty upset. Still I think I got it. You want kits later but want to enjoy the time we have as mates now just as us.” He waved a paw gesturing between him and Cari. “This is worth it and I love every moment of it. Thanks for reminding me about how important time like this is.” He smiled very softly. “Cari my Jester queen and light of my life.”  

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 pm
Word count: 439

Cari's face crinkled into a bright smile, then suddenly fell into something quiet and pensive. These emotions were rare for her, and rarer still were those who could claim to have witnessed their hold over the perpetually energetic and cheerful sleddog. Sometimes she worried. She knew what she was like, a child in the body of an adult. She could be this flaky, simple-minded thing who cheerfully bounded off into her own sunset with only thoughts of pleasure, unaware that her attitude could be hurting others. She hadn't thought Arrin had been worrying over whether or not she wanted a family before this. She'd always taken things in stride. Kids would happen or wouldn't. She'd seen how hard it was for their kind to reproduce, so it was something she never really let sit in her mind. Of course she would have been thrilled to discover she was going to be a mother, but it was never something she really planned on. Had her attitude seemed like she just hadn't wanted a family? She must have come off like that at least a little, to make Arrin ask. Just....he was enough. Even if they never, ever had kids, she would be happy, because she had him. Was it the same for him? Maybe because she was such a child herself, she didn't see kids the same way as others. Sure they brought life with them and they could be a blessing. She still adored Rois and thought of her as a little sister. You didn't need love to make a child though. She knew a few whose parents hadn't been mated, who hadn't even been there when their kid was born. So....having children just hadn't equated to a measurement of love, not in her head anyway. Had that attitude hurt Arrin?

"You're always there to save me. That's why I'm never scared, cause I know you're behind me. But....," she bit her lip, struggling to find the right words even though she was hardly eloquent. "I know I'm childish, and that I don't always understand how others feel. I can't save you how you save me. Just....when you feel like you're stuck in the snow and falling behind, tell me. Even if I can't save you, I can at least make a path so we can walk together." She felt a little frustrated, like she hadn't been able to adequately put into words what she wanted to say. "You're enough for me, you know," she said, putting into words the thought she had earlier. "If I had nothing else I'd still be happy, cause you're enough."

Reoakee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:44 pm
jinxgirl5

Word count: 411
He watched her face contort to a look that Arrin didn’t think he had ever seen anytime he was ever in her presence. He knew it well enough as it was on his own face, but still for Cari to be thinking deeply he dare not interrupt. He listened with rapt attention when she broke her respite and started to speak. He wanted to protest when she started to speak about him saving her. That was hardly ever the case.

Cari was always brave and bold. She lead him to explore new things and push himself far beyond the scope of what he ever would have. Yet she was the one saying his presence made her brave? It made him blush. His jaw clicked shut when she spoke of own child like views at times. He wanted to hold her, his paws twitched with his desire. He tried to think over what she was trying to say since it was a strange way to say things. Did she mean that it was ok to be scared as long as he told her so they could work it out together?

When she finished speaking he finally moved forward and held her close to him. Was he really enough? He wanted to be a bright and shining star for her but knew he could never be completely strong or wise or anything that Arrin thought of when he thought of an ideal strong mate. He knew that Cari was more than enough for him. She was beyond even his wildest dreams. Spunky and always lifting others up. “Cari, I love you. I’m sorry I’ve been foolish. I just can’t help but want to give you everything in the whole world. Treats, pretty things, and wonderful kits bouncing about that are just like you. I know a lot of things are different here in the mountains and nice things like flowers are seasonal and treats don’t last long, and kits are difficult to come by. I still want all those things so I can share with you.” He hoped that made sense to her. “Still I want you to know. I love you, and you’re enough for me as well.” He hugged her as tightly as he could. He didn’t want her to misunderstand and think he needed kits to be happy. “Thank you Cari.” Licking her softly he nuzzled her neck and wrapped her up already warm bathed in light by her words.

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:17 pm
Word count: 161

Cari giggled softly and buried her face in the crook of Arrin's neck, nuzzling into his warmth and breathing in his scent. "Silly," she breathed into his fur, turning her head ever so slightly so her voice could be understood. "Treats are always best when I'm sharing them with you and the prettiest things I have are memories I've made with you." She chuckled and nuzzled Arrin again. "You already gave me a bouncing kit. I mean-," she added, "-I know Rois isn't exactly ours and has parents out there who love and care about her, but we should at least have gotten aunt and uncle status. We looked after her when her parents couldn't be around, after all!"

She pulled away and gave Arrin a smile that radiated pure happiness. "I'm glad we got to come out here! It's good to sit down together and just talk. We always seemed to be busy with something or another in the tribe."

Reoakee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 pm
jinxgirl5

Word count: 174
Ah the warmth of her breath felt so nice permeating to his skin. Cari’s gentle words and sentiments tugged at his heart and nearly made him cry. “Rois might as well have been ours. I think she still sees you as a second mother even if I’m only an uncle.” Chuckling a bit he nearly followed her when she pulled back from him. Her smile could melt all the snow around them and make even the sun jealous.

He agreed with her sentiments completely. “Yes. I’m glad you were able to come.” She had an important job and more than that she was good at it so stealing her for any amount of time was a gift. “I think we might have to do something like this again from time to time. The tribe is busy and active and I think there are a lot of distractions that tend to keep us apart even when we are sitting so close together at day and at night.” He gave his jester queen a soft kiss.

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:51 pm
Word count: 202

"I bet it'll be a lot easier once it gets warmer," Cari enthused, face getting a far-off look as she tried to remember what her schedule had been like last year. "We still train to keep in shape and run errands, but with all the snow off the ground it's a lot easier to move around and we rarely need more than two of us to take care of things." Her face creased into a frown of concentration as she tried to remember what Arrin had been doing. "I think that's your busy season though, with all the food available to collect and store."

Her tail thumped a tattoo on the ground as she thought, trying to make their very separate schedules fit together as though they were pieces of a puzzle she was determined to solve. "Well, if the tribe gets lots bigger then maybe they can afford to let you stop working for a couple days. Or if we both go out and collect stuff at the same time, they probably won't mind. If we get enough things then I bet we could easily take just one day off to sit around and do nothing but be with each other."

Reoakee
Sorry I took so long to get back to this! Think we're about ready to wrap this one up?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:17 pm
jinxgirl5
Tis fine. Life does tend to get in the way. And sure ^.^

Word count: 296

He nodded. Yes with less snow his job actually kicked up into a busier mode. He knew more about plants and food than he did the other things that had to be done in the tribe. “True both of us going out would make it a lot easier at some point, but there are a lot of things we can’t eat or that have to be mixed with other plants and such first before it can be used. Then there are things that are dangerous to even harvest on their own. If you really wanted to do this you would have to follow me about for a few days first so you would know what was safe to harvest and what was not.” Arrin seriously considered the manner clearly as Cari’s answer did make sense and was a possible solution of a sort. “It could work though. Still I’d insist you travel with me or another gatherer fist. I would worry otherwise. I know you have to have a base knowledge in case a team gets hurt or something but there are a lot more plants and other things that we bring to the tribe that most don’t think about. I don’t want you to get hurt whie trying to make sure we have some time together. Not only that but after my busy season is over maybe..” He hesitated a bit. “Maybe your team leader will let me train with you and your team a bit. I won’t be as fast or as strong but if I can just be closer to you that would make me happier.” He nuzzled his beloved mate softly and knew they would have to be getting back soon but was happy to at least get this second with her.

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:50 pm
Word count: 141

Cari beamed at Arrin. "That sounds like a fantastic idea! I mean even if they put me with another gatherer at first, just to make sure we're not using this as an excuse to moon about, we'll still be able to have more time with each other. It wouldn't hurt at all for me to know a bit more about the plants growing in the area, especially if we get deliveries that take us far away. And I bet my team leader would be fine with you wanting to train with us! It's always good to have backup runners if nothing else, just in case someone sprains something."

She nuzzled into her mate and sighed happily, content in the moment of now and knowing that no matter what happened in the future they would always find a way to stay together.

Reoakee

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:47 pm
jinxgirl5

Fin or Continue?  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:11 pm
Reoakee
Fin or Continue?

I think we hit the word minimum and the story feels like it's reached a good stopping point. I'm fine with fin if you are!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:34 pm
Ok final count... Yeah we made it over the limit XD

Reoakee: 6,032
Jinx: 5,207  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
● RP Forum