Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Restless Dead [DnD 3.5] [Hiatus] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:15 pm
(For obvious reasons Lydia will be further up the road at the Catacombs and will join the party, if permitted, once they arrive on scene.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:37 pm
loth17
"Alright." Pyrrha put her hand on the mans shoulder. "Fear not good sir for I shall aid you in the name of Heironeous." She gave him a reassuring smile.
"Thank you! Thank you!" The old man says, his voice heavy with emotion. "Thank the gods that there are still people like you in the realms. The crypts are located to the north, under the temple of Wee Jas. No one knows what has become of the priests there either, but I will pray for the safe return of everyone."  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

Alzzak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:42 pm
"A temple of Wee Jas...They will need more than prayers to all the gods, to see the day again." Whispered a young human male, who eavesdropped onto the pair's conversation. This wasn't the town that he heard was in trouble, but it was as good as any to start his first adventure.

"Calm down, Sir;" John spoke up as he approached the lass and older gent. Pulling his water-skin from his pack he proceeded to offer it to the older gent; hoping the friendly juster to calm the man's emotions. "and pray, tell us what you know."

The lass appeared as if she belonged in some army. Not some backwater village. Though, he wasn't going to push away a potential companion.

(I don't mind waiting for the future Spellthief, just trying to bide time for the character to appear.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:09 pm
"Yes some more information would be helpful." Pyrrha agreed.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:02 pm
The old man takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself. "Yes, I will tell you all that I know. It's not much... but it may serve you. I'm not sure when it started, but four days ago the priests were to come for Jafe, the son of the miller. Well, they never came." He looks down and shuffles his feet, scuffing the dirt. "Well, myself, Kell the miller, and Shora, poor Jafe's fiance went to the temple to see where everyone was. It.... it was horrible! There were dead walking out in front of the temple! We killed them, but there were so many inside! Too many for us to handle. We came back to get help, but no one here is brave to enter the crypts or temple to explore. Seeing your kith and kin rise and try to kill you is just too much for most of our folks."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:19 pm
(Orphen is still waiting for acceptance. He's going to have me post his responses until that comes though so the game can move forward nicely.)  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:22 pm
"Then this is a simple matter. Lead me to the church." Pyrrha said and pointed north.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:23 pm
Orphen5555 - Threan Falath
Next to Pyyrha and John is a short man standing only four feet tall. His face is hidden mostly by a scarf but some of his light green skin manages to peak out along with his blue eyes. He is wearing an explorer's outfit. He has black braided hair tied back into a ponytail, a wide brim hat resting ontop of it. He is wearing a brown cloak which covers the rest of his outfit aisde from the sturdy pair of black boots moving back and forth on the dirt road. "Um.. do you know how many undead in all? What did the undead look like?" He asks quietly, glancing between the two for a moment and averting his eyes away from Pyyhra.

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:55 pm
"What did they look like?" The old man asks in a dazed sort of voice. "They looked like our friends and family, neighbors, sons, daughters. Do you need me to say more, lad? As for numbers, who knows. This village has been here for generations. I dare say that the dead outnumber the living at this point."

With that said he turns to Pyrrha and nods. "Aye, I'll take you to where you can see the temple... I... I can't go further than that... My wife is.. I can't go there again." He looks ashamed of his own weakness, but determined to at least do what he can.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:11 am
"Perfect let us be off. I don't want your loved ones to be under this dreadful for any longer than necessary." Pyrrha said.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Alzzak rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Alzzak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:40 pm
"What may I ask, is the building made out of and is there other entrances?" John asked walking beside the old gent. (Roll for local laws for legal necromancy practices +2)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:08 pm
"Thank you, milady! Truly the gods are smiling on us to bring you to us!" The old man leads the way up the north road and takes you out of town. He answers questions as best he can as he walks. "The building is made of some sort of stone, marble I think. As for entrances, there is only one main door in and out. There may be others, but only the priests would know that I fear."

It takes roughly fifteen minutes of walking before you can see the temple off in the distance. With dusk falling rapidly, it's getting a bit harder to see your surroundings as well as any details to the temple.  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:11 pm
The Temple of Wee Jas

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The track to the temple narrows as it gets closer and odd, sparse looking trees grow all around.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:33 pm
Orphen5555 - Threan Falath:[color=white]
Threan looks around for a few moments getting the general idea of the surroundings before looking to the old man. "Are the priest amongst those taken? And do you know if they have a basement area?" Threan ask quietly as he reaches into his cloak with both hands for a moment. "And you want us to find out why it happened and stop it? What about the dead that are walking?" He asks in the same quiet tone.

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

Alzzak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:06 pm
It wasn't until the building came into view, that John questioned their faith."Why worship a god of death?" Wee Jas was like Baccob, in that both were gods of magic. And there were many gods of law, yet they picked Her of all possible divines to worship.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff