Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Yet Another 1x1 - Zelly & M3G Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 pm
Morgan gave a nod of understanding, honestly a little fascinated at the thought. "Well, maybe Earth has made more advances because it's an older world? It's well over four billion years old. Though, humanity in my world has only existed for over two million years."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:05 am
"That, and people aren't furthering the sciences here. People are happy with their lives, and those that choose to further their understanding of the world turn to magic. There's likely a branch in priorities and fundamentals as well." Rylen said sagely as he handed the waiter his menu and ordered a nice big bowl of stew. "Mind you, our method of tracking our world's age relies upon the remains of dragons. It's hard to say when they truly came into existence, to say nothing of the old ruins of past civilizations scattered all throughout, so I'd say it's rather likely our world is older than it seems. When empires rise and fall, the remaining people are forced to start anew under a new reign and new decisions with whatever scraps they have left. The result could be an entirely new culture despite the same origin. Who's to say what sort of people, if any, might have existed here 500,000 years ago?" he smiled sheepishly, like he just got caught wrapping a present that was supposed to be a surprise. "Forgive me, I'm rambling aren't I? I'm sure you don't care to hear me wax philosophical about a world you know little about."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 pm
Morgan listened carefully - and with great interest - to Rylen's lecture. As depressing as it was to know she was in a different world, it was intriguing just how different this place was from Earth. She barely had any mind for her surroundings at this point, other than Rylen. Even for food, she just dismissed the server by ordering the same thing her new friend had. "Oh, no! Quite the opposite, actually. I'm fascinated. You're giving me valuable insight - and any information on this place helps. Even if it seems insignificant to you, it gives me a better idea of what I'm dealing with until I manage to find my way back home - assuming I ever do."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:26 pm
"My practical knowledge of magic may be somewhat limited, but I promise there will be a way. If magic got you here, then magic can get you back." Rylen assured her. "Believe me, if I could I'd gladly do it myself, but the only magic I'm skilled in is fire. Summonings and sendings are far beyond my area of expertise."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:48 pm
"That's fine. You've already done more than enough to help me as it is. All I need to do is figure out who does. A good place to start, I think, is figurin' out who summoned me and why." Morgan gave a firm nod, a look of determination now flaring within her eyes. "Until then, I need to work on getting a good foothold in this world. A place to stay, or otherwise work on my survival skills so I can safely build a camp. I'll need to figure out a way of income as well, at least until I've got my bearings and can fend for myself. It probably sounds crazy, but there's no guarantee that I'll find my way back to Earth any time soon."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 pm
"Unfortunately those two things don't go very well together." Rylen said with a slight frown as he leaned back in his chair and folded his arms. "While ensuring a place to stay and source of income is smart, you have no connections so the only way to find information would be to travel. Turning in criminals is always lucrative, though, and taverns are happy to take on an extra pair of hands on busy nights."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:16 pm
Morgan mulled the situation over carefully before daring to speak again. "In my world, I was just an ordinary citizen - so there wasn't ever a need to fight. It wouldn't be wise to go bounty hunting when I have no real fighting experience, so I should probably stick to tavern work until I can invest in a trade or - hopefully - find my way home."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:26 pm
"Maybe not, but I know my way around a battlefield." Rylen's lips turned up in a smile. "I'm not sure why you're planning all this anyway; I'm not so heartless as to let you loose with no knowledge of the land. If the bandits didn't get you, the wildlife probably would. I'm not tethered down anywhere myself, so I'd be more than happy to help you find your way home." he offered with a kind smile.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:59 pm
Morgan looked genuinely surprised to hear what she did. "Really? After all you've done, you'd still help me even further? It's not too much of a burden?" she asked, her shock clearly evident in her tone of voice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:08 pm
"I'm something of a traveller myself. It only makes sense to travel together, does it not?" Rylen said simply. "I'm on the road anyway, I might as well pick up a bit of good karma along the way." he joked with a small chuckle.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:50 pm
"Fair enough. I promise you, I'll do everything in my power to repay you for this." It was clear by her expression and tone that this truly meant a lot to her. In fact, Morgan looked to be on the verge of tears despite grinning from ear to ear.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:04 pm
"You don't need to do that; how's the saying go?" Rylen looked thoughtful for a moment before continuing. "'A good deed is...more than enough'...?" 'A good deed is its own reward.' For all his wisdom up til now, he still managed to horribly mangle the otherwise well-known saying.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:41 pm
From there, things went pretty amicably for a while. Morgan would occasionally start rambling about how truly, honestly greatful for all his help she was, but things were otherwise cheerful. To Morgan's honest surprise, the stew managed to taste pretty great as well. Eventually, a look of faint confusion settled upon her face, prompting yet another question. "Isn't it odd how, despite coming from different worlds and cultures, we seem to share a language?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:56 pm
"Well, perhaps it's not so much another world as it is another timeline? Some change occured in the past that simply led to a different outcome." Rylen said, beginning another tangent of philosphical hypothesis. "You said your world focuses on 'science' with no magic, while the reverse is true here. What if this is simply a branch where studies had a different priority, or such research simply never took place? Creatures slowly grow and adapt to certain environments and needs, so perhaps a line of lizards slowly and surely grew to become the great dragons that rule the mountains and skies? Until we know how you got here, no one can say for sure whether this is simply the past or an alternate realm all together." Morgan was probably starting to learn at this point not to ask Rylen about the world or differences therein unless she wanted to get her ear talked off. And this was all just speculation. God help her if she asked about something factual.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:09 pm
Morgan listened with rapt attention to Rylen's speculation, intrigued by the implications his hypothesis would have of both their worlds if true. Even if it weren't, it was interesting - like a fairy tale but oddly real. Had she something to write with and on, she would probably jot down some of these for potential writing prompts. Vaguely, she wondered if this world's written language was anything like written English back on Earth. Before she had the opprotunity to ask, however, a commotion began somewhere around the tavern's bar. Some rather rowdy figures were getting into a heated arguement, banging on tables and swinging their weapons at one another in a vaguely threatening manner. "Think it might be a good idea to leave while we still can?" she quietly asked her friend, clearly getting the idea that things were going to get ugly soon.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff