Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Would you play? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 9 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 8, 10, 3, 8, 8, 5, 2 Total: 51 (9-90)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:04 am
HP Dice  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:51 am
So, I decided to pick up Leadership. It's his pack of fans/cronies, and his yesman.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:02 pm
After considering the logistical issues of a huge mount and having to avoid running over teammates while charging and also having a compete lack of understanding of mounted combat in pathfinder, I have decided to shelve the mammoth rider for now.

Considering I think our half-giant is going to be a melee brute and we already have a witch, I'm leaning towards the summoner.

Quick question though! What do you guys think is better. +4 Natural armor or DR 5/Evil.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:15 pm
Hmm, both can be useful. Natural Armor to avoid taking melee damage, but DR helps negate all damage.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:19 pm
All done!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html?_=1429653493#id=137186  
Kowsauni rolled 9 8-sided dice: 2, 4, 2, 8, 2, 5, 4, 6, 4 Total: 37 (9-72)
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:27 am
Rollin' hit die  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:30 am
Our ninja is born... Will post it in a moment.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:36 am
Hmm, as usual pathfinder paralyzes me with the amount of customization I can work with.

What do you guys think would be better, a summon with a whole lot of attacks, or a summon that can swallow creatures whole?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:43 am
Swallow Whole, especially the little halfling thieves.

And here we are, one Brawler.

Samuel Strongarm

Edit: Oh, right, almost forgot when I posted. SCN, you can give your ruling, but I got a Cestus, since it says unarmed on the thing, thought it may use the Brawler/Monk unarmed damage. If not, I'm going to have to spend that 2305 elsewhere... maybe a magic gauntlet? XD  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:44 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Swallow Whole, especially the little halfling thieves.

And here we are, one Brawler.

Samuel Strongarm

Edit: Oh, right, almost forgot when I posted. SCN, you can give your ruling, but I got a Cestus, since it says unarmed on the thing, thought it may use the Brawler/Monk unarmed damage. If not, I'm going to have to spend that 2305 elsewhere... maybe a magic gauntlet? XD

After much deliberation, with the voices in my head, I am going to have to go with no to the Cestus and unarmed damage.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:24 am
Alright. It's just annoying. Anything to give magic bonuses to unarmed strikes are expensive as all balls. I know some people will argue unarmed damage bonus, but let's be honest, even at a monk's level 20 d20... a fighter with a +10 equivalent weapon probably is better off (higher crit range or multiplier, effects, and other bonuses), that's if they don't got some sort of artifact then.

Welp, now to decide where to spend that 2k... to the wondrous items!  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:59 am
Raganui Minamoto
Alright. It's just annoying. Anything to give magic bonuses to unarmed strikes are expensive as all balls. I know some people will argue unarmed damage bonus, but let's be honest, even at a monk's level 20 d20... a fighter with a +10 equivalent weapon probably is better off (higher crit range or multiplier, effects, and other bonuses), that's if they don't got some sort of artifact then.

Welp, now to decide where to spend that 2k... to the wondrous items!

One of my biggest issues was less about the Cestus + unarmed damage, but more on Increasing Unarmed damage + Improved Critical(which can be doubled with keen[or tripled, if you knew how]) + enchantment. I wouldn't mind if you took a gauntlet, glove, 1 copper cloth you paid to make a masterwork handwrap and enchanted it.

And a minor bit, was that the Cestus was errata'ed, they removed the unarmed damage part.

EDIT: Your Cestus does counts towards your Close Weapon Mastery. It won't be a d10, but a d8.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:35 am
Important notice, during my conference with the voices in my head, a number of other things came to forefront. As a result, I hear by removed the "+1 every round in combat..." in insanity's description. That is all...  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm
Keen doesn't stack with Improved Critical.

Also, I remember that the 'errata' was cause one dev got butthurt about it for some reason. Ah well.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm
Feel my pain with amulet of mighty fists crying

I'm not sure how many attacks you are looking to make per round but you might want to look at Body Wrap of Mighty Strikes as a cheaper alternative.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff