Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:39 pm
Gladesdale

A place to rest for the weary.

User Image
Image by stephengarrett1019

As Revenge scrutinizes the patrons at the inn he feels pretty confidant they are all as they appear: well to do businessmen and merchants on vacation with their families. There is about 25 people in the large open air room including the staff. Most of them are sitting at tables eating their breakfast. There are also two guardsman who look to be off duty enjoying their breakfast as well. By far the most conspicuous person in the room is Kuori.

The innkeeper would return Revenge's greeting. "Aye, welcome to the Red Lion."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:53 pm
Kuori grabs a handful of coin from her pouch and drops it on the table, counting out the 4 gold, adding an extra to the pile. Thats about the time Revenge got there as she scooped the rest of the money back into the leather pouch. "Yeah, paying for them now. Figured I would get you a bath going as well since I am guessing things didn't go as planned." She smiled at the inn keeper and said, "Is that doable?" Then focused back on her friend. "I knew it wasn't going to be that easy, but I'm allowed to dream right?" Somewhere deep, deep, deeeeeeeeep, deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, inside of her she was a romantic ... She might have to fix that one of these days.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:15 pm
Gladesdale

User Image

The dwarf definitely takes notice of the extra gold piece and nods at Kuori. "Aye, two hot baths coming right up." The dwarf turns and opens a drawer behind the desk and fishes out two keys to hand to Kuori. "If you need anything else, just ask for Thanon and I'll make sure you're taken care of."

When Kuori and and Revenge check on their rooms, they find they're on the second floor right across from each other. The rooms themselves are luxurious and Kuori's room in particular seems to be specifically designed for her people with an oversized bed and extra large pieces of furniture. Before long, maids arrive with a large tub for each room and fill them with piping hot water. The two adventurers are then left to relax, but not before they are invited to attend the buffet going on at noon for lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of morning passes uneventfully. The sounds of vendors selling the goods and wagons passing can be heard down on the main street from the windows of the room, intermingled with the sounds of birds singing from the nearby trees. The weather is warm and the place overall quite relaxing and it's easy to see why this quaint little town is a tourist hot spot. However, when Revenge and Kuori descend to the front floor, it is immediately made aware to their keen eyes that something is amiss.

Several town guards who were participating in the buffet are hurriedly approached by another guard who is quite pale in the face. There is an exchange in words and the other guards all stand up and make for the door. They are not running, but their moment is swift and purposeful. ((A perception check can be rolled to overhear their conversation.)) The other patrons in the dining area notice the guards leave, but continue to go about eating their lunch without much further thought.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:43 pm
Abby's Boutique

A place for the strange and wondrous!

User Image

Image by wwsketch.

In Abby's Boutique, the morning is busy but passes uneventfully. Several sales are made and Valac is hit on by middle aged ladies more than once. However, as noon rolls around, the customers thin out as they go to lunch. It as this point Abby decides to close the store. "Well, everyone, good job today. Valac, I think you even got some new personal admirers, hehe. Nonetheless, I'm closing the store early today to take care of some personal matters, so you all have the rest of the day off! I'll see you all tomorrow morning, when I'll have an interesting task for you all, but until then you all enjoy the rest of the day."

Abby hurries everyone out of the store and hangs up a sign saying "Closed" in common, dwarvish and elven. However, she leaves the front door open and takes a seat behind her counter where she can be seen from the door. It's almost as if she is waiting for someone.

Once outside, Twyla, Valac and Lavandar see an unusual sight for Gladesdale. A large group of soldiers can be seen moving down the road in a hurried, purposeful manner. Their faces look grim and determined. They continue on down the road until they turn down a residential street. Something is clearly amiss.

Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:08 pm
Earlier...

"The timing was bad," Revenge would say to Kuori, his tail twitching once in annoyance as he took a few moments to think of that response. He hadn't been absent from her company long enough to have had to search the entire town, so hopefully she'd be able to piece two and two together.

"I'll try again later," was all he would say further about the matter.

--------------------

The present...

Revenge had thought about declining the bath, but he did just spend several days on the road to reunite with Halima; he made it a quick one. If worse came to worse, he was a Charisma-based paladin and he didn't want circumstance penalties to his attack rolls.

He spent most of the time afterwards staring out the window, keeping an eye on danger. He spent most of the time mentally arguing with himself if he was just being paranoid, or he was refusing to repeat a past mistake. He would soon make his way downstairs at the smell of food, though only for something quick to eat; he'd head out right after.

He'd leave his armor and halberd in his room, because this was civilization, and he was civilized. He would, however, retain his longsword at his side, because he was still an adventurer. In his left hand, he'd carry the broken hilt of that sword he had been given back in Lupa. Beyond that, all he had on him was his nice clothes, his holy symbol, and his coin.

When he got down to the first floor, he saw that one guard approach the others and
Quote:
Perception check for NATURAL 20 for a 26

heard every word they said in perfect detail.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:20 pm
Lavander will turn to Twyla and Valac and say. "Something feels wrong. Should we follow those guards?"  

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:47 pm
Kuori had meant the bath to just be for her red skinned friend, but upon eyeing the mud caked on her calf since Lupa, she decided that it would be a good idea. The Goliath was not as civil as her friend, being raised in a cave does that to you. She was half naked by the time she got to her door. Not like there was much to see beneath her armor, her muscled body didn't have much in the way of breast and what she had in that department was wrapped in tight cloth that was probably white at some point in time.
What it did show a lot of however was her tattooes. The bits poking out on her neck and arms were nothing compared to the stripes on her body. They seemed to turn into pictures of spiders in tribal art fashion. the legs spanning out over her body and down her arms, forming the lightning bolt like pattern twisting around her arms and the smooth lines ending in sharp points on her neck and face.
She was actally a little excited for the bath, and as soon as she was inside she dumped the armor on the floor and kicked the door closed. Her bow and quiver were placed gently on the bed as she continued to disrobe. Her boots, hide skirt, underwear, socks, and the chest wrap came off and the Goliath sank into the tub of water, melting.

Some time passed, some bones popped, some moaning happened, some worries were forgotten.

Kuori climbed out of the tub, the water a dingy brown and some mud at the bottom now. She fished through her bag for some fresh undergarments and donned her armor once again. Unlike her companion, life had taught her not to worry about being civil. Not like she had other clothes anyways. She grabbed her bow and headed down for food.

Trouble always comes when you are tired or hungry.

22 perception  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:02 pm
Watching the soldiers passing by Valac's face took on his signature devillish grin as he rested his massive sword on his shoulder. When Lavander would ask her question Valac would laugh before replying,

"Hahaha! What's this 'we'?! I'm going to see if I can get myself into trouble you're welcome to follow me, especially you Twyla. You might need to take note of any heroic deeds I may perform."

He would then stride off after the soldiers giving a little chuckle.as he wondered what they were up to.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:38 pm
When Abby turned them loose, Twyla was more than ready to be done with work. It had lasted all morning! Twyla knew most adults spent their days toiling in such a way, but she privately couldn't see how they could do it. Bards worked at night for only a few hours of song and storytelling--fun stuff! A store seemed like so much work.

Twyla reminded herself of her coming paycheck as she stepped out of the shop. She had half a mind to look through the vendor's stalls herself and plan how to spend the money she'd get--well, the portion she could afford to fritter away, that is.

Then she saw the soldiers, and forgot about shopping. Something... curious was afoot. Twyla was already unabashedly staring at the guards when Lavander mentioned following them.

"Of COURSE!" Twyla sputtered. "Look at them! Something's going on over there and I just have GOT to know what!"

She addressed Valac with a similar mischievous grin. "Let's go! But don't think I won't do anything heroic of my own!"

She was practically humming with excitement. Twyla's dad used to tell her that if she'd had any sense, she would have stayed home and been a gemcutter like him--but she hadn't, and she didn't, and the burning curiosity that had been her constant companion all her life dogged her now. Nothing could stop her once she got in that mood.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 am
Gladesdale

User Image

Twyla, Valac and Lavander quite easily follow the town guards. Their pace is quick but nowhere near running, as if perhaps they seek to avoid drawing too much attention to themselves. Townsfolk and tourists alike notice the large group of town guards moving by, but they don't do anything but stare curiously at them for a moment or two. You get the feeling the people in town feel quite safe and secure here. The only people who appear worried are the guards on the march. The guards also don't seem to notice or care that they are being followed by the trio of adventures. They must have more pressing matters on their minds.

From the main road through town, the guards turn down a road called Lake Street. As the road winds on, the vendor stalls disappear and the buildings become smaller and less grand in appearance. Few if any tourists are in this area as the buildings appear to be the residences of local townsfolk. Among these homes, one sticks out in particular. In appearance, it is but a plain, one story house. What stands out about it are the dozen or so guards surrounding the place. The group of guards trailed by the adventurers approaches one of the other guards who must have the person in charge of the operation and talks with him for a moment. They then join in with the rest of the guards surrounding the house.

((To be clear, the group of guards followed by Twyla, Lavander, and Valac are different than the group currently leaving the Red Lion.))

Kowsauni
Crew

Lavander42 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 18 Total: 22 (2-40)

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:15 am
Rolling perception (+8 ) and stealth (+11) in that order to sneak closer to the guards and see what they're saying  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:09 am
Kuori looked at Revenge. "You need help getting into your armor?" Her stomach groaned in disappointment that her buffet fantasies were about to fade away, but this creature could very well be Halima.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:32 pm
As Lavander snuck forward, Twyla quickly lost sight of her. Impressive! Doubtful that she could do as well, Twyla decided to leave the guards to Lavander for now and see if any nearby locals knew anything about what was going on.

She avoided the guards and flitted about from townsperson to townsperson, asking, "Hey wow, what's going on that house over there? Hear any details? Seems pretty serious..."

((Trying to locate someone who knows something or saw something... Streetwise: 14))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:38 pm
Revenge would hesitate but only for a moment. "No, no time. If there's a chance people need our help, I can't endanger them for something as trivial as my own safety. It's not Our way," he responded quietly to Kuori, before heading towards the door at a hustle. He didn't want to run indoors as to not panic anyone unnecessarily (plus, it's rude), though he did begin jogging as soon as he was out the door. For the time being, he would tuck the broken sword into his belt.

(Edit to my last post: Including my holy symbol in equipped gear)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:29 pm
Kuori followed Revenge out the door, but her run was more of a sprint, she tracked down the guards [Perception: 28] and followed them to lake street.

Once at the house, Kuori waste no time, dipping into an alleyway (Or elsewhere not directly in front of the house) and climbing her way to a window. [Athletics: 26] She did this all as stealthily as possible [Stealth: 15]. No need to let the guards have all of the fun.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff