Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Hangout With Vice Captain Kaya! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am
Freaksrus
Happy Anniversary Guild!
Whoot! *throws confetti*

Welcome to my humble thread! XD

*joins in* Alright! Happy Anniversary to us all!

I hope you participate in the Anniversary contests! For most, you get a prize for just participating! ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:13 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Oh, I see~ :0 Yeah, real life stuff happens in the way of one's hobbies. That's pretty understandable. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been working on those particular cosplays? Depending on what needs to be made and real life in general, it can take me up to 6 months - 12 months before a convention to work a cosplay/prop. Thank goodness that I don't do armor or complex cosplays.

Oh, nice! Hopefully, everything will work out! K Project is one of my favorite anime series! Mikoto Suoh is on my list to cosplay as. I already got a wig for him from one of my cosplay Senpais and some pretty close clothing to do a casual form of his actual outfit.

I've been working on it since April.

How long it takes for me to make a costume depends on the complexity. For Example when I make Renge from OHSHC!, it may take me a full two days total, but when I make Jun from Shaman King, it'll take longer.

Well when you go to make him we'll have to see about meeting up for a shoot. You don't live that far away from me, so I would just have to find some friends who want to do a long weekend from me. It says it's a little more than 9 hrs to Calgary.

Oh, I see~ :0 That's definitely much faster than me. But then, again...I paint most of my props, so the many layers also take time to dry in between each coat.

owo Oh? That's... *speechless* You know that I'm in the Calgary area? o.o But it would be neat to do a cosplay photo shoot for K Project, but it won't be for awhile since I have other cosplays to do before Mikoto. I also can't leave Canada since I don't know where my passport is and I haven't been able to get a chance to get a new one yet. sweatdrop

I do a bit of everything at once. So I would do a layer of paint, go was my hands work on sewing and in a couple of hours go back to the paint.

It wasn't that hard to figure out. I noticed that your list of cons had a lot of places in Calgary. The only one that wasn't was in Edmonton. I'm pretty sure Edmonton has more cons then just that one, so I figured you're in the Calgary area.

My parents go up there a lot so many I should convenience them to go on a trip that weekend. I also have an Uncle of sorts in Vancouver.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:07 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Oh, I see~ :0 Yeah, real life stuff happens in the way of one's hobbies. That's pretty understandable. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been working on those particular cosplays? Depending on what needs to be made and real life in general, it can take me up to 6 months - 12 months before a convention to work a cosplay/prop. Thank goodness that I don't do armor or complex cosplays.

Oh, nice! Hopefully, everything will work out! K Project is one of my favorite anime series! Mikoto Suoh is on my list to cosplay as. I already got a wig for him from one of my cosplay Senpais and some pretty close clothing to do a casual form of his actual outfit.

How long it takes for me to make a costume depends on the complexity. For Example when I make Renge from OHSHC!, it may take me a full two days total, but when I make Jun from Shaman King, it'll take longer.

Well when you go to make him we'll have to see about meeting up for a shoot. You don't live that far away from me, so I would just have to find some friends who want to do a long weekend from me. It says it's a little more than 9 hrs to Calgary.

Oh, I see~ :0 That's definitely much faster than me. But then, again...I paint most of my props, so the many layers also take time to dry in between each coat.

owo Oh? That's... *speechless* You know that I'm in the Calgary area? o.o But it would be neat to do a cosplay photo shoot for K Project, but it won't be for awhile since I have other cosplays to do before Mikoto. I also can't leave Canada since I don't know where my passport is and I haven't been able to get a chance to get a new one yet. sweatdrop

I do a bit of everything at once. So I would do a layer of paint, go was my hands work on sewing and in a couple of hours go back to the paint.

It wasn't that hard to figure out. I noticed that your list of cons had a lot of places in Calgary. The only one that wasn't was in Edmonton. I'm pretty sure Edmonton has more cons then just that one, so I figured you're in the Calgary area.

My parents go up there a lot so many I should convenience them to go on a trip that weekend. I also have an Uncle of sorts in Vancouver.

Oh, I see. Nice~ I wish I could sew lots. The only thing that I 95% sewed (with a friend's help) was my yukata for my yukata Riku cosplay. I can do some hemming. Thus just waiting on paint to dry by doing other things, such as playing a video game or something.

Ah, I see~ XD For all you know, I could be like my friend from Saskatchewan travelling to Otafest each year. owo But your detective work spotted me out. Lol.

Would that mean that you may be able to attend Otafest sometime? owo I have yet to go to Vancouver. I want to go to Anime Revolution there, especially to meet my favorite KH/FFXV artist. We made plans that she has permission to glomp me if I'm Reno and give me a big hug if I'm Sora. The weather/scenery is also wonderful for pictures from what I've seen online.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:15 pm
So -- I had a senior moment today, in that I was trying to procure crash space for Otakon, and a friend reminded me that I was rooming with him, which I completely forgot about.

#derpsquad for lyfe j0 sweatdrop  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm
OnsenMark
So -- I had a senior moment today, in that I was trying to procure crash space for Otakon, and a friend reminded me that I was rooming with him, which I completely forgot about.

#derpsquad for lyfe j0 sweatdrop

Oh, nice~ XD

I'm also a derp sometimes. Lol. We all forget something already arranged. That or it's a sign that we're getting older.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:08 am
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Oh, I see. Nice~ I wish I could sew lots. The only thing that I 95% sewed (with a friend's help) was my yukata for my yukata Riku cosplay. I can do some hemming. Thus just waiting on paint to dry by doing other things, such as playing a video game or something.

Ah, I see~ XD For all you know, I could be like my friend from Saskatchewan travelling to Otafest each year. owo But your detective work spotted me out. Lol.

Would that mean that you may be able to attend Otafest sometime? owo I have yet to go to Vancouver. I want to go to Anime Revolution there, especially to meet my favorite KH/FFXV artist. We made plans that she has permission to glomp me if I'm Reno and give me a big hug if I'm Sora. The weather/scenery is also wonderful for pictures from what I've seen online.

If it was like your friend then it would still show that you're in Calgary, because she probably goes to more than one con right? The same would be said for you.

The Godfather of FF is going to be at Anime Expo.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 am
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

If it was like your friend then it would still show that you're in Calgary, because she probably goes to more than one con right? The same would be said for you.

Lol. Yeah, it would. XD I'm just saying that my friend is way out of town compared to me kind of thing though. Like I think it's at least 9+ hours of a drive for her. And yeah, she does. Both in Edmonton and Calgary. Some in Saskatchewan. Definitely way more cons that I go to, that's for sure!

Awe~ I would love to meet him and go to AX. But unfortunately, Otafest is also same time as AX. ;_; But at least, I get to meet Ray (English voice actor of Noctis) and Robbie (English voice actor of Prompto) at Animethon this year though! I'm pretty excited!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:54 am
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Lol. Yeah, it would. XD I'm just saying that my friend is way out of town compared to me kind of thing though. Like I think it's at least 9+ hours of a drive for her. And yeah, she does. Both in Edmonton and Calgary. Some in Saskatchewan. Definitely way more cons that I go to, that's for sure!

Awe~ I would love to meet him and go to AX. But unfortunately, Otafest is also same time as AX. ;_; But at least, I get to meet Ray (English voice actor of Noctis) and Robbie (English voice actor of Prompto) at Animethon this year though! I'm pretty excited!

So if you looked at my list you'd notice that a lot of them are in the US and in Washington State. So it's easy to figure out where I'm from too.

I got home after updating the AX app and there was an explosion of VA's going to AX. Most of the cast that voiced main characters in Cowboy Bebop (Like Faye is the only one not going) is coming to AX.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Freaksrus

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:20 am
KayaLing
Freaksrus
Happy Anniversary Guild!
Whoot! *throws confetti*

I hope you participate in the Anniversary contests! For most, you get a prize for just participating! ^_^

I have the getting to know you thing up. Just haven't had time to do it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:56 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

So if you looked at my list you'd notice that a lot of them are in the US and in Washington State. So it's easy to figure out where I'm from too.

I got home after updating the AX app and there was an explosion of VA's going to AX. Most of the cast that voiced main characters in Cowboy Bebop (Like Faye is the only one not going) is coming to AX.

That's fair. Lol. First thought would have been that they were from those cons' locations. Second thought would have been that they travel outside of state/province or even internationally to cons.

Oh, that's cool! How was AX? Assuming that you went. ^^;;

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:08 pm
Freaksrus
KayaLing
Freaksrus
Happy Anniversary Guild!
Whoot! *throws confetti*

I have the getting to know you thing up. Just haven't had time to do it.

Awesome! I am looking forward to reading your answer for it! ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:10 pm
I AM BACK FROM THE GRAVE OTAFEST!

I'm happy to know that our 10th Anniversary event has been extended to end of July 2017!

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:10 pm
KayaLing

That's fair. Lol. First thought would have been that they were from those cons' locations. Second thought would have been that they travel outside of state/province or even internationally to cons.

Well here's how you can break a list like mine down. First of all there are a lot more cons in Seattle, Portland, or Spokane, but why don't I go to any more. Which then means it's because I don't have the money to go to them, which points I don't live in those locations. The next hint I give you is a con in the middle of nowhere. Which would present the question on why I would go to that con.

AX was not my favorite con by far. I probably would put it as my least favorite only because I don't go to many cons.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:51 am
angelmage99
KayaLing

Well here's how you can break a list like mine down. First of all there are a lot more cons in Seattle, Portland, or Spokane, but why don't I go to any more. Which then means it's because I don't have the money to go to them, which points I don't live in those locations. The next hint I give you is a con in the middle of nowhere. Which would present the question on why I would go to that con.

AX was not my favorite con by far. I probably would put it as my least favorite only because I don't go to many cons.

Their are a lot of cons that I would really like to go to like Anime Central in Chicago, and Colossal Con in Sandusky Ohio. Money and time stops me from those so currently I go to only Youmacon in Detroit.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:54 am
smithers456
angelmage99
KayaLing

Their are a lot of cons that I would really like to go to like Anime Central in Chicago, and Colossal Con in Sandusky Ohio. Money and time stops me from those so currently I go to only Youmacon in Detroit.

Well if money permits, I think I'll try to go to a Calgary con or if it doesn't there are still 3 or 4 cons within a 4 hour drive that I haven't gone to yet. So I may go to one of them.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff