Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:59 pm
Elyk - High Reaches

There was a touching with not one but two clutches this time, which meant that there was a higher chance that he could find his... right? Elyk kept repeating that litany to himself over and over in his mind as he made his way over to join the other Candidates who had already gathered. But there were so many other Candidates here as well. Many of whom were better than him probably. What if he failed again?

He chewed on his lip as he approached the Disney Song Clutch, eyes glancing up at the parents who were watching their approach warily. Ït will be ok..." He whispered though he wasn't sure at this point if it was more for himself or for them. In any case, he had better get on with this, make the best out of it while he still could. Looking at the eggs before him, he gently pressed his lightly quivering hands on the Colors of the Wind egg. Hello..?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 pm
Amila

Amila entered the Sands, and promptly bowed to both golds when doing so, low and deep as she tembled asnd shook. She was here again, and again afraid and trembling -- today wanting naught more than a soothing hand. But she was going to be respectful, and remained bowed as she gathered all of her strength, took a breath, and burtied all of her anxiety deepo, deep beneith where it would be hard to find, smiling to force her spirits to high, and thought positive and warmth that she might approach properly, soon stepping forwards as she studied each clutch slowly. The girl was careful, picking over each egg in silence, watching her fellows move among the eggs before stepping forwards towards a clutch, trembling a bit involuntarily before forcing the calm to return and she stepped up to an egg. She could do this. She would, and finally, the girl placed a hand on the

Avada Kadavra egg, swallowing, pushing warmth and kindness to the forefront of her mind, asnd allowed the egg to react to her touch.

Siv

Siv was going through her greetings and her approach as taught. A bow to the mothers, and a smile on her lips. The girl felt absolutely confident she coiuld get through her Touching, and moved for the eggs of the Disney clutch smoothly, noidding as if the dragonets had already hatched to each with a wide smile and a warm and eahger mind. There were so many eggs out here, but the poor country girl had her eyes on greeting as many as possible, and her hand soon lightly planted itself on one, nodding as if saying hello. Her hand, as it were, rested on Be our Guest.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

It seemed she had gone from one extreme to the other with the first two eggs but Shar didn't mind. She always found it fascinating to see - or rather feel - the different personalities hidden within the shells. The cold response she got let her know this egg wasn't interested in her presence although there wasn't outright rejection, so she left it alone for other Candidates to touch. Hopefully it wouldn't grow irritated as the Touching wore on.

Making her way back over to where Riz remained with the Baby Mine egg, Shar moved to touch the rather large pink and yellow egg that rested behind it. Before her hand even touched the shell she had the sense of being watched and once her palm rested against the I'll Make a Man Out of You Egg, an overwhelming yet oh-so familiar sense of protectiveness welled up within her. It made her pause and glance towards her two newbies that she had promised to oversee, both of whom were still in the area, taking their time to get used to the sands and the eggs.

Turning back to the egg, she let a sense of understanding flow from her. She knew what it was like to try to keep an eye on those that weren't as strong as she was...or those that were and she was just close to, and therefore protective of.

Hattaki

Vaali was shocked by the Friends on the Other Side egg’s proposition. Her heart wanted to give the baby dragon what it asked for, but Candidates were expressly forbidden to move the eggs. Even if she were inclined to do something that would jeopardize her candidacy, she wouldn’t want to disappoint her father. Not that he knew she existed, but still! She drew her hand back and clasped it to her other one in a sort of pleading gesture, hoping the egg wouldn’t be too dismayed. I’m so, so sosososo sorry, but I can’t do that. Your mother would have my hide! A thought occurred to her as she said that—the mother!

“Please wait just a moment,” she said. She went over to the woman with long black hair, Olliah, waving with a smile as she came near. She’d grown up in the creche and felt pretty comfortable with most riders, especially ones as nice as Olliah. “Hi! Just wanted to let you know that purple and green egg over there is asking to be moved to a warmer spot.”  

Teiha

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 pm
Veltanna continued to smile. These were very curious eggs. This was good if a bit distracting. “I can’t tell you everything little one. That would take days! When you are ready to come out a healthy dragon, your’s will take you on all the adventures.” She assured it. With a fond look she moved on. She approached the Perfect Isn't Easy Egg. Placing a hand on the egg she asked it, “do you want to know something as well?”  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 pm
Rune and Rhys - HR

Such an interesting Egg. Rune smirked a tiny bit, before moving on through Rhianth's clutch. She loved Fianth, but she knew Fianth too well...Start with this clutch. Moving through, the girl was seeking something else, finding her way to the Expecto Patronum Egg. There was something to its intensity that Rune appreciated, her thoughts calm as she reached out to see what this egg was all about.

Rhys glanced to the Gold mother, smiling at Fianth before moving on to another Egg. His next one was met with a gentle touch and an open mind. Rhys had nothing to hide, curious and excited, but also simply wanting to know. He chose the A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes Egg, his fingers gentle, "You are ever so pretty. I can only imagine how exciting all this must be."  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:08 pm
Martirae

Hm! This baby had placed it wanted to be, and Marty wasn't sure if she felt the same, to be honest. Still, she smiled inwardly to herself. Good to have wants. Good. Good. She only knew she needed to be the best she had to offer - but she'd never considered just ending that thought at the best. It didn't stir her heart, though.

Never the less, she allowed her hand to linger on Slytherin for a little while longer. It will just be between you and me, then. I haven't found the ceiling I want to break through, yet, and she hadn't even been looking.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:12 pm
Tokki -- Western

The intensity of the feeling that washed over Tokki from the egg startled him a little, but it wasn't bad -- in fact, it was wonderfully warm and affectionate. He couldn't help but smile at the enthusiasm of the baby dragon within the shell. Everything is just wonderful out here. Just right. And it was! The baby inside the egg had touched his mind in a way he couldn't possibly have been prepared for, despite all the lessons and lectures he'd had as a Candidate. It was even more amazing than having Killakeeth speak to him.

It was very pleasant to meet you! I must be on my way, but I hope to see you once you've hatched. With that, Tokki stepped back, remembering what he'd been told, not to tarry too long at any egg. He looked at the other eggs as the Candidates moved among them, then spotted another egg he'd like to visit. Crossing the brief distance between the two clutches (and acknowledging the queen dragons again with a brief bow), he approached the Forbidden Forest egg and placed a hand on the dark green shell. Hello, you seem like a nice egg. Excited to meet us all?

Jeri -- HR

Jeri jumped at the jolt from the egg she was touching and pulled her hands off it. She'd never had that happen before! The baby inside didn't seem very impressed with her. "Sorry to have wasted your time," she apologized, trying not to huff about it. She looked up at the mother, hoping she hadn't angered the big gold. Maybe she should visit another egg.

Looking around, she decided on her next target, and walked slowly up to the Friend Like Me egg. "I hope you're a nice egg." She placed her hands on the shell and closed her eyes, focusing her thoughts on the baby within (and hoping she wasn't going to get another nasty surprise).

Willim -- HR

Willim could sense the anticipation inside the shell of the Go The Distance egg, and he smiled. "Hello! I'm very happy to meet you! I hope you're happy to meet me." He didn't care about the other candidates around the egg -- he was talking directly to a baby dragon inside an egg, and that in itself was amazing and wonderful.

Continuing to keep his mind in a happy place (easy to do, cause it was!), he lightly stroked the pink shell, wondering what kind of dragon was inside. Would it like him? Would this be the one to choose him at the Hatching? It didn't matter -- he'd be happy to Impress any of them!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:16 pm
Cabhan -- HR

Cabhan almost snatched his hand away, remembering only in the nick of time that the gold queen was still watching and it likely would not look good for him. Instead he pulled away slowly giving a faint roll of his eyes, he knew what he wanted and obviously this egg wasn’t good enough to be it, what he wanted was a bronze and ambition so rudeness wouldn’t cut it. There were others, so he set his attention towards them, lingering until he rested his hand on an orange with stars A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes. It took a minute after the last egg to think of happy thoughts but he poured what he could when he let his fingers rest on the shell.

“Hello little quiet one, are you like me or rude like your sibling?”  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:20 pm
Faesinger

Imperio
Oh! Leiheti was so kind and smart to have come to seen it! It is mostly content with this, offering delicious praise as it just...takes a peek around the young woman's thoughts.

Mr Cheri

Go The Distance
Fehral's warm thoughts are mirrored by the baby inside of the egg. It seems to cling to the nice thoughts and in exchange offers as much courage as it can to the young man. Hopefully it is enough!

Tsunake

Go The Distance
The baby seems to relax with these offered assurances. It sure hopes so! Of course, it will need to prove itself once it is out there! Oh, are there lots of candidates out there? The baby seems to get nervous again.

Tatterpixie

Go The Distance
Was he not afraid of others thinking he looked silly for talking to it out loud? How brave! The young man was basked in approval.

NovaCracker

Be Our Guest
Oh! Hello!!!!! Siv is greeted enthusiastically by the baby inside of this egg. Was the young woman comfortable? Was she needing for anything this little baby could provide right then?

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:22 pm
medigel
When You Wish Upon A Star
The egg was distracted—who wouldn't be? look at everything going on...!—but the faint, almost wistful attention it had shifted like a gentle breeze to wrap around Arlie. Hey there, hey! Isn't it just, just, sighhh! It's us all so amazing, isn't it? And you're amazing, and so's everyone else here, and...! The presence wisped away again, distracted once more.

Uta
Feliz Felicis
Kiri could feel the egg swirl to attend her right off. Hello! Feli Felicis was doing amazing, thank you so very much! It was visiting day after all, and OH! It had already been touched TWICE! That was...that was TWO MORE TIMES than before!! Wasn't that just wild? The egg almost seemed to laugh with delight, radiating energy and enthusiasm.

faesinger
Felix Felicis
OH HEY! Another? Awesome! Come chill with ol' Felix, Aroontwa! Why look back when there was always ahead to get to, right? The egg seemed to swell, encircling him like a warm wave, hugging close before surging back away with just as much energy. Never look back, guy! There's a ton to do, so get going!

baby_gwing
Colors of the Wind
Something inside swelled up to embrace Elyk, calm, sturdy, reassuring. It was all going to be fine, there was nothing to fear. All was as it should be, and everything was going as it was meant to go. He just had to trust the process and let go. As long as he did his best, what was meant to come would. ...Probably. The egg seemed to give a slight chuckle before slowly receding to contemplative quiet.

tatterpixie
Forbidden Forest
The mind within the egg turned languidly to regard Tokki, the immediate sensation of goosebumps spreading from the point where he touched. The feeling of the egg's attention seemed to narrow and focus, a strange sharp sensation pricking at the boy's mind. It did not respond with enthusiasm to his questions, but he had its attention...for now. Until his hand pulled away, the feeling of being watched would linger, never wavering.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 pm
Ruunan - HR Candidate

Fear caught in his throat. Fear of his life changing without his doing. Fear of provoking the rage of the Queens and their protectors, guarding the clutch. Fear of disappointing others… A vision of his father standing beside his dragon was burned into his mind’s eyes. His sister, who even now walked at his side, wearing an eager grin, would leave him.

A fear that, soon enough, he would be confirmed as worthless. His hands ached for the comfort of his woodcarving tools, the pleasure of whittling in the sunlight without the worry and stress of searing Thread from the sky.

But he had promised to do his best, and he wanted to stay true to his word. He had promised to dedicate himself to the Weyr to the best of his ability. Now it was time to see if he really did have it inside of him- even though this wasn’t the Hatching proper, wasn’t this where dragonets decided who they wanted? Decided who they liked?

Ruun’ listened to Gr’del and A’ral, their warnings adding searing hot coals to the flames of his anxiety. He tried to push his worry aside, his smile fixed, his palms sweaty as he bowed to the Queens. “Thank you for allowing us here.” Yes, there it was, the tremble in his hushed tones. Nyaranau nudged him and he sucked in a breath, straightening from his bow. Well… he would not do them wrong. No, not at all.

The young man wandered amongst the eggs, uncertain at first, his eyes as round as some of the shells. Eventually, he settled on the Hufflepuff Egg. With a deep breath, he pushed all of that evil, all-consuming fear away, remembering the sunlight and the smell of wood varnish and the simple joy of his work. “Hello there. I’m Ruunan. I hope you’re doing well today.” The words felt a little sticky in his mouth- but they were easier to say without the embrace of fear swallowing him whole.

----

Nyaranau - HR Candidate

It was easy to smile- some said Nyara had a gift for it. What wasn’t to love about it, truly? It made people happy to see you- and it disarmed them, especially when they might have been defensive. Still, she wasn’t sure that even her bubbliest, brightest smile might soothe the fears of the Candidatemasters. They had cause to worry, of course, but still… it might be nice not to be lumped in with those bad eggs, pardon the pun.

She tried to flash her brother an encouraging look, but he was as fixed as ever on whatever inner puzzle his mind was working out. Instead, she nodded mutely with the flow of delivered warnings, then grinned as they were allowed on to the Sands. With a flourishing bow, she spoke her thanks to the clutchparents and guardians. “It’s a most beautiful clutch, and the Weyr couldn’t be prouder. Thank you for letting me approach your children.”

And so it was that, with excitement that was sure to make her heart fit to burst, that Nyaranau stepped forwards to hopefully meet her destiny. It was the Ravenclaw Egg that drew her first. Something in the way it leaned away from its siblings… well, she hoped it wasn’t upset or disappointed. Laying her hand gently on its shell, she smiled at it. “Hello there. Are you doing okay? If you need a bit of space, only say the word and I’ll leave. I’m Nyara, by the way. It’s nice to meet you.” The words bubbled from her mouth, but there was a degree of restraint that might have surprised those who knew Nyaranau a little better.

---

Keleres - Western Candidate

The flight from one Weyr to another was exhilerating. This was freedom, and how desperately she wanted more of it. It was far too short, and before she knew it she was gathered with the rest of the candidates, receiving final instructions. Her heart beat a heavy tune in her chest, but a smile lit her face. Shells, if this was not just positively amazing…

Still, it was dangerous. And she didn’t want to disappoint anyone with poor conduct. Kel gave a formal bow to the clutchparents-and-uncle as she entered, then waited for a little space before making her choice. The Let It Go Egg was a pretty shade of blue, and its stripes were appealing. She approached it with a smile. “Hello, I’m Keleres. Pleased to meet you.” She found herself doing a half-curtsey as she laid her hands upon the shell, and hiding a small blush from her fellow candidates. Bowing to eggs was kind of silly, wasn’t it?  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 pm
Leiheti smiled at the egg. “Look around as much as you need.” She told it as she waited until she felt the presence retreat. After that she moved on so as not to disturb it by staying too long. She was curious what would happen once one of the strong minded eggs convinced someone to do something against the rules. It always seemed to happen. Who would it be? What would they do? Would only the one get kicked out? Would they all? Questions she had no answers too. Only time would tell. She approached the Avada Kedavra Egg with that curious spirit. What would this egg ask or look for?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm
Felix Felicis pulled a grin from Torin immediately, and he gave it another amiable pat, tracing one of its spots with a finger before releasing it. No lingering. He wasn't about to be the first one to break the rules. "I am very excited, don't you worry," he whispered. "I'm planning on enjoying myself thoroughly, and so should you." He backed away, still facing the perky hatchling, then tried to continue on toward the little pink egg that had caught his eye, when his mind was caught by another. The Imperio Egg. It demanded his attention in a subtly interesting fashion for an infant, and out of curiosity, Torin gave the egg what it wanted.

He placed a hand on its swirling shell. "A pleasure."

Smerdle

Scamp

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:31 pm
Aroontwa chuckled. Looking back wasn’t the same as revisiting. But he didn’t need to give the egg a lesson in intentions. He gave the egg a pat before he moved on. It was only trying to help, and it was sooooo kind to do so! He was glad it was enjoying itself. The eggs should be. He placed a hand on the Hufflepuff Egg. “I hope you are having fun!” He whispered to it. No need to disturb the others with his enthusiasm. They had enough of their own!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff