[ORP] Beachside Surprise [All Homed!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:52 am
Yllaei knew Cozellath was right, seeing a wild firelizard clutch was a great way to end the summer. She didn't know if either of them would get lucky, but it was worth a try, right? The young woman hadn't been destined for a dragon like the beautiful green her friend owned, so maybe she was meant for a firelizard instead. Granted, it wasn't the same as a bond with a dragon and food was involved with how they chose their's, but it was a companion. It seemed Belia was hoping that too, a laugh coming from her lips as the other seemed determined for Yllaei to get one.

"We will see, it is up to the little ones though. Who knows, maybe another one will want you too,"the brunette laughed. She watched as the flits came out of their shells and went toward the wide selection of food all around them. Even a little gold, who went to a person she recognized as the rider of the sire of part of the double clutch. The very one Belia's sister had impressed in, which caused a smile to come to her own lips. Not long after, her friend herself got a pretty little green flit.

"Congrats Belia,"she said softly, being respectful of her friend working on feeding her new little friend. She continued to watch, the little firelizards were so pretty and some of them definitely had some personality. Just as she was thinking about it and watched each one going to their new owner, she caught a very feisty green pushing her way through her siblings. Little did she know this girl would come nipping at her toes and hissing away those who would get too close.

"Alright, little one, don't need to be so rude,"she said firmly, getting out one of the meat rolls and beginning to tear off pieces and feed it to the little green. She kept doing so, until the little green perched watchfully in her lap.

"I am going to need to come up with a name for you. How about Spice Muffin, hmm? Though, you better watch your manners,"she warned her flit. She heard a hiss, before the green cheeped in approval of the name. Yllaei scooped up the green, allowing her to perch on her shoulder.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:23 am
There's...a lot going on. Eggs bursting open, people talking, the general hubbub of activity whirling around him--K'ino, set aside in his little dent in the sand, was inclined to continue working on the bit of his lunch he still had left, sneaking small bites in between the surges of motion when he thought he might be able to escape notice. For a good while, too, this tactic was working wonderfully, and as the nest began to grow more and more empty, K'ino almost wondered if he might be able to simply call this a nice beach day and nothing more.
A Gold, a pair of Bronzes, a Brown or two, and plenty of Greens and Blues--all of them filtered out into the crowd, crooning and chirping at their newly-chosen people. The very last to hatch is a vibrant Blue, peeping around in the same kind of newfound confusion and overwhelming waves of wonder that K'ino had seen on plenty of dragonets, albeit executed in miniature here. He glanced around at the others nearby, sitting up abruptly when he finds that he's one of two people still left holding food--the little Blue warbles and wails as he scrambles around, and K'ino's attention snaps right back onto the firelizard when that blue blur makes a beeline for his fish, climbing up K'ino's leg to perch on his forearm.

He doesn't jerk away, doesn't dare do anything to disturb the flit as he begins to chow down on the fish in his hand. K'ino simply watches, offering more bits as the Blue finishes whatever's in his jaws; it's almost endearing, that kind of eager enthusiasm. That hunger's gotta go, though, and he's got just the thing for it.
After he gets a good half of the fish down, the Blue looks up at K'ino, quietly trilling--he coils his tail around the rider's wrist with a warm rumble, and that's when he realizes what he's gotten himself into.

"Ah. 'Nother Blue for me, then."
What, am I not good enough for you? came the dry comment, tinged with amusement. Are you really replacing me after all these years?
Never, you overgrown wherry.
I'm a pretty wherry at least, right?
Now that's debatable.

Sighing quietly, K'ino tugs a handkerchief out of his pocket, cleaning off his hands while he's got the time--he pauses to brush some of the sand off the little Blue in the meantime, although the firelizard is more preoccupied with the traces of food on the cloth to hold still for long. When he's done and the cloth is stowed away, K'ino stands up slowly, holding a hand up behind the Blue to help steady him--the flit wobbles, but does a good job at keeping his balance, fortunately enough.
"What am I gonna call you, huh?"
Shevauth Junior.
That's gonna be a hard no on that one.
Why not? I've got plenty of good ideas, you know. That's just one of many.
The Blue presses his head into K'ino's fingers, gently nosing around for both hidden scraps and attention. With a short chuckle, he strokes the flit's snout, careful not to press too hard lest he bowl the little guy over.
"Hm. You look awful...oceanic."
Lovely way with words you've got, Mine.
"Tide's not bad, is it? How's that sound?" he asks, gently scratching under the Blue's chin. "I'd say it'll do nicely."
I suppose. Shev Junior is better, but we can go with your suggestion.  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash