Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
"WDYDWIQ" ~ What Did you Do While in QUARANTINE?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Share your fun Quarantine stories.
  And how you passed the time while waiting for the CORONAVIRUS to end.
View Results

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 pm
Day 27: I cooked a whole chicken with potatoes and carrots and it was drool-worthy. Like so good.

Finished parts 1 & 2 of my essay so a friend of mine (also in the class) could look it over and offer some notes.

Neil read to me before bed. I keep thinking about the overall simplicity of the book (Jam) and how you really don't need much more than a concept and running full tilt to "write a story." Makes me wanna do better. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:11 pm
DAY 28: Well, the end of yesterday was weird, since some drugged-up junkie broke into our place to jerk off and take a nap. We called the cops though and they arrested him. I was rather glad to have my Glock 17 with me upstairs while we waited for them to take care of the situation.

Other than that, I mean, I used my friend's notes to finish off my research paper and turn it in, then rewarded myself by journalling outside in the lovely sunshiney weather (80°F!) and then having a relaxed lunch outdoors. Also took a walk later on and took photographs of three public parks that were all wrapped up with CAUTION tape so no one could use them. sad Watched a couple episodes of Ozark.

Yup. Pretty uneventful, save for that twenty or so minutes toward the end. o_O  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:20 pm
Zphal
DAY 28: Well, the end of yesterday was weird, since some drugged-up junkie broke into our place to jerk off and take a nap. We called the cops though and they arrested him. I was rather glad to have my Glock 17 with me upstairs while we waited for them to take care of the situation.

Other than that, I mean, I used my friend's notes to finish off my research paper and turn it in, then rewarded myself by journalling outside in the lovely sunshiney weather (80°F!) and then having a relaxed lunch outdoors. Also took a walk later on and took photographs of three public parks that were all wrapped up with CAUTION tape so no one could use them. sad Watched a couple episodes of Ozark.

Yup. Pretty uneventful, save for that twenty or so minutes toward the end. o_O

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that situation. Definitely would be nerve whacking finding a stranger in your house.

One of the local parks near me has all of the playground equipment wrapped up in CAUTION tape as well. Definitely weird to see every time I drive past.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:10 pm
DAY ??: Well, stay-at-home order increased here in the Bay Area through May. No surprise.

Haven't updated this in forever. Guess that tells you I've fallen into a comfortable pattern of existence. Mostly playing a lot of video games.

But I'm almost done with my final MBA class. Turning in my research paper later today. Final is in a week.

Then I'll be well and truly out of things to do. o_O Gonna have to get creative.

Though that might come in the form of creating an RPG with my brother... ninja  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:11 pm
I guess this is DAY 41. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:11 pm
Zphal
DAY ??: Well, stay-at-home order increased here in the Bay Area through May. No surprise.

Haven't updated this in forever. Guess that tells you I've fallen into a comfortable pattern of existence.

Washington has extended to the end of May as well. I figured it would happen.

Yeah... I feel like I'm getting into a routine of things as well.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:16 pm
I've slowly been weeding (or re-weeding in some cases) my backyard and may end up purchasing some plants from a friend's parent's farm to plant. Maybe some lavender (still figuring out what variety I want to go with) and catmint. It'll be nice to add some color back there and make it look like it's actually a garden and not just bare dirt. xd Especially since the Red Dead Nettles are starting to reach the end of their lifetime, so they aren't as colorful now.

I've made myself a couple masks. My most recent one I added a bit of Mischief Farm (farm owned by Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Hilarie Burton) flair by embroidering their logo onto one side of the mask. First time embroidering. It was a lot of fun even if it's not completely perfect. Anyway, I got the inspiration to do it because I ordered some MF merchandise and wanted a mask to match ((in case I get the items while we're still under this COVID-19 situation)). whee  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 am
DAY 72: Santa Clara County comes out of strict lockdown to begin "Phase 1" on the 31st... three days from now. Feels like we're way behind most in the nation. But I have lots of online friends that feel it's still "too soon." Then I see all the people who took advantage of our little heat wave to enjoy the beaches... all crowded together. Plus everyone going ballistic about 100k deaths. Idk, man.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

The-Cavern60

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:54 pm
I was still working. Which was great cause it still got me out of the house while my boyfriend was kind of bored not working. And when I wasn't working I would read and catch up on shows  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:16 pm
Zphal
DAY 72: Santa Clara County comes out of strict lockdown to begin "Phase 1" on the 31st... three days from now. Feels like we're way behind most in the nation. But I have lots of online friends that feel it's still "too soon." Then I see all the people who took advantage of our little heat wave to enjoy the beaches... all crowded together. Plus everyone going ballistic about 100k deaths. Idk, man.

Our county is in Phase 1 and was about to apply for moving on with Phase 2... but then a food processing company ended up having a large chunk of their staff test positive recently. So, that's put everything on hold.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:08 am
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

Our county is in Phase 1 and was about to apply for moving on with Phase 2... but then a food processing company ended up having a large chunk of their staff test positive recently. So, that's put everything on hold.

Yeah, with the riots in San Jose, I'm betting there'll be a new surge of cases of COVID-19 in about a week or two and we'll be right back at Phase 1 with you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:09 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

Yeah, with the riots in San Jose, I'm betting there'll be a new surge of cases of COVID-19 in about a week or two and we'll be right back at Phase 1 with you.

Our county was given permission to move on to Phase 2 this morning.

Yeah... it'll be interesting to see how the numbers end up being after all of these protest/riot gatherings. I know some areas have still been following the mask/social distance rules (at least for the peaceful ones), so it might help keep the numbers down a bit. *shrugs*  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:18 pm
Today felt surprisingly "normal" outside.

I was finally able to browse through Michael's Craft Store. Wearing a mask and doing the distancing thing, with limited numbers of people inside, and the employees spraying down the checkstands after every guest...

Okay, maybe it wasn't that normal.

But I'm glad I was able to go somewhere that wasn't just a grocery/drug store.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:26 pm
I've been an essential worker, so I haven't had any days off during quarantine, although I saw firsthand just how much of an impact this has had on the food industry and people's minds. I'm glad I still have a job, although I do miss having free time. Things are starting to open up with social distancing guidelines. This weekend, I'm taking off to go to my Aunt's wedding. It's great to have a break from getting expextares and having to stop the world to serve the customers and make them happy.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:07 pm
Saikii
I've been an essential worker, so I haven't had any days off during quarantine, although I saw firsthand just how much of an impact this has had on the food industry and people's minds. I'm glad I still have a job, although I do miss having free time. Things are starting to open up with social distancing guidelines. This weekend, I'm taking off to go to my Aunt's wedding. It's great to have a break from getting expextares and having to stop the world to serve the customers and make them happy.

I'm considered an essential worker at the assisted living I work at, so my work schedule hasn't changed there. Though my work load has changed because there's not as many residents going out for appointments; many are either being cancelled until a future date when it's safe for them to go out again or being switched over to phone/Zoom appointments.

Though since mid-March, I haven't been working at the movie theater because it was closed due to the lockdown stuff. If things continue progressing as they are, the theater will potentially re-open - with safety guidelines in place, of course - at the end of this month or some time next month. They'll only be bringing back a few employees at this time (generally those who volunteer wanting to go back first or need the job the most)… so there's no guarantee I'll be among those who initially return. At least I have been idea of what our movie selection and movie set arrangement will be during this re-opening state.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff