Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GOLDFLIGHT] So You Think You Can Dance [Mictecath's Maiden] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:54 am
and one roll of the good luck table for Nanuth.  
Princess_Feylin generated a random number between 1 and 55 ... 8!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:56 am
User Image

Sakneth was sure Mictecath was softening toward him, but he was no closer to catching her. Indeed, she was pulling farther ahead and so were a number of her other pursuers.

Not going well? B'shir asked him, having sensed his frustration through their bond, but little else.

Give me a second. I need to get my story straight.

Or...you could just try to outfly her,l the idiot suggested. Are you even attracted to her? I'm feeling nothing from you.

That sounds like a you problem. I'm busy, Sakneth told his rider with a mental snarl.

And yet the idiot human had a point. He was putting too much thought into things. Trying to figure out what he could say to please her was taking him out of the moment and slowing his reactions, forcing him to make abrupt course changes to avoid colliding with the gold's other suitors, dragons who were probably thinking more about Mictecath than themselves and were more attuned to her flight. He knew - he knew - that he was getting too much in his own head and he needed to be in the moment. He needed to fly with Mictecath, rather than against her. Unfortunately, Sakneth was not and never would be the sort of dragon who could be a partner. He was a player, and he played to win, and that meant scheming.

Perhaps he could make his need to be more present for Mictecath a part of his scheme. She seemed to want to revel in the mating dance and achieve greatness. Ambition was something Sakneth could understand and relate to.

So, let's set the world on fire, he told her with an ardor that came more from ambition than amorousness. With fierce intensity he promised her, We can burn brighter than the sun.

So saying, he surged forward. He was no longer in the middle of the pack, and that was a problem, but he was making a conscious effort to put his attention and focus on Mictecath alone. Once in a while, he even felt like their wings might be beating in unison - albeit nowhere near each other. He was trying not to consider the distance between them, and instead focus on responding to the wishes she seemed to be expressing, and fulfilling them as best he was able.

We are Young

• Participant: +5
  • Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
  • Protective, keen Thread-fighter, heroic: +10
  • Family-oriented: +15
  • Invested potential clutch sire, involved future parent: +10
  • Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done': +5

Total: 55

Score:
Round 1: 26 + 15 = 41
Round 2: 8 + 15 = 23
Total: 64

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Smerdle generated a random number between 1 and 105 ... 70!

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:19 am
User Image

He felt himself slowing, the air ahead shifting in another dragon's wake, but the situation was far less frustrating for him than it might have been for one of the bronzes or browns that raced at his side. Rixth didn't think he had ever been loved by another dragon as fiercely as Mic loved him, but being here for her did not have to mean chasing her as well. It seemed he was here to observe, after all.

He swerved wide, aligning adjacent to the pack (and ahead of most of them too, not that he was bragging or anything) and turned to look at the golden comet and her very determined trail. His hearts were so full of pride and joy that he knew she couldn't help but feel it, even through the crush of emotions battering her from all sides. Rixth said nothing more, he simply tried to capture this moment in his mind in a way that he hadn't two turns ago, clearly marking the time before everything would change once again.

On the ground, T'en's world centered on Nyara, waiting with the others to see what today would bring. He folded his arms over his naked chest, physically restraining his desire to push away the competition and gather her close.

[ don't you (forget about me) ]

Quote:
round one: 65 + 10 = 75
round two: 70 - 25 + 15 = 60

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:29 am
Good luck Table for Severith!
13-15: A croon and a batting of metaphorical eyelashes spurs you to greater heights! Filled with passion and adrenaline, you surge ahead. +20 to your running score!  

magnadearel

magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 45 ... 1!

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:33 am
User Image

Under the Sun or Stars, we can dance across the wind of the skies. The brown crooned to Mictecath. Instead of trying to get closer to the gold, Severith focused upon performing a dance in the sky of his own. He might not be as flashy as his shiny rivals, but against the brightening sky he used his dark body. The brown lunged and dove, then pointing his nose upward he flared his wings wide. Have you ever painted with the colors of the wind?

Interesting strategy you have there. Banashe commented, amused. Each must be wooed in her own way. Severith replied pointedly. The rider laughed softly to herself. I hope your strategy works my love.

Colors of the Wind

Severith's Stats:
Participant: +5
Protective, keen Thread-fighter, heroic: +10
Invested potential clutch sire, involved future parent: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done': +5
Respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank: +15
Total: 45

Round 1: 3 + 10(bonus)= 13
Round 2: 1 + 20(table) + 10(bonus)= 31
Total: 44  
demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 65 ... 7!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:06 pm
User Image

Ever forward - the clouds are even making way.

So many were throwing their hearts at the skies for Mictecath - and did she not deserve ever word of it? Khazariath could never promise such devotion, even if his hearts had no place they called home by comparison. But her words were sweet and he enjoyed the sentiment and the little glimmer of future it spoke towards hopefully.

But to speak of love, even in appeasement would have made him an awful liar and he wouldn't have been able to stand it.

Such sweet love you radiate, Mictecath. I feel your hearts and they're glowing.

Khazariath

Khazariath is wise beyond his Turns, carrying himself with learned and practiced grace and nobility. He is a paranoidly cautious dragon who does not take spur-of-the-moment risky leaps. He also has 0 romantic love for the ladies, but does desire to be a father.

Positive Traits: Alert, perceptive, wise
Negative Traits: Paranoid, avaricious, clingy

D'rok is not available lmao.

Family-oriented: +15
Willing to share 'the ledge' with others: +15

Score:
Round 1:53 + 5 (bonus) = 58
Round 2: 7+15 (bonus) = 23
Running: 81  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 75 ... 69!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:56 pm
Irath chortled, cheerful and relaxed as he followed her wake, focused on her great and beautiful form, flying above, near effortlessly. he sang, following her up higher and higher, a sudden draft given him more lift to catch up with the others. He paused and spun rising.

Brown Irath and J'in

User Image

Musical: +10
Loving, demonstrative or affectionate: +10
Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
=75

Roll 1=37
Roll 2 = 69 =106 +5 =111
Song Blood feather Highly Suspect  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 3 20-sided dice: 2, 6, 14 Total: 22 (3-60)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rukbat seemed ever-present and eternal as the group rose higher and further into the sky. The Weyr lingered in the back of her mind like a half-forgotten dream, swept away by the beauty of cloud-framed vistas, by the love her dragons shared with her. There was a surreal sheen to the moment: was this a dream? Or the truest of realities? Could it be both, maybe? She pushed onwards, the blood and lust fading gently as she sought freedom.

Bajeth's song brought such happiness to the gold, that she poured back love and affection through their bond. He had a pure dedication about him that she had come to admire very quickly, an earnest spirit that did not shy away from the truth. And she wrapped him up in a warm, mental embrace, overjoyed to hear that the flight was helping him heal. Love was a balm, a cure- it was the best thing they had. Savour this moment, this dream that we share. She whispered to him, nudging him onwards with affectionate encouragement.

The sound of a hiss from close behind alarmed Mictecath, but she was glad to see that Venandith did not sway or falter from his path so easily. He truly was a powerful dragon, and her esteem of him grew in witnessing his resolve. He would not be deterred. The strength of his hearts was a certainty now, clear to all but the most foolish- and she would hate to paint herself with that brush. The words he shared with her stung her hearts, like flecks of charred Thread- in that moment she understood the error she had made, and the pain she had unknowingly wrought. For a tiny moment, she slowed, willing her brown brother to draw nearer so she might embrace him, and wrap him up in her warmth; but she remembered herself, the urge to fly fast and far pressing in on every nurturing instinct she possessed. Worry not for what lies beyond this morning, Venandith. Put your hearts at ease, and follow me into this dream we chase. Soft, gentle, and affectionate- as she ought to have been with him. He was not so careless as to sacrifice others, to hurt them through malice... Unlike her. Regret brought grey to purple eyes, and she carried on, pushing herself ever onwards.

Aryath's words soothed her: he understood the beauty of a fleeting moment shared, and he wanted to embrace it with her. She sent him a surge of approval, love wrapped up in a mental hug, and hummed as she twirled about. Each moment we share the skies brings us closer to the end, but surrounded by such love and warmth, I am not afraid of the darkness to come. She yearned for it to last forever, but at least the memory would stay, long after the inevitable silence fell.

Taoloth's pleasure warmed her, although Mic was not privy to the depths of his feelings. The loss of control would have been exhilarating, and she herself delighted in how liberated they were as a group. Crooning to him, encouraging him to fly faster and closer, she sent him a warm mental nudge. Then that, I can do, my dear Taoloth. She needed a good nickname for him in return- but her mind was so focused on the horizon that she barely had the wit to craft her words. They came from the love within her hearts, unplanned and spontaneous as the day grew longer before them. As he spoke of stars, she trilled in delight. It was easy to imagine a sky painted with sparkling stars just for them, I thought life was complicated, but you make it sound so easy to follow the right path, and to know which way to go. I can't let go of this feeling- and I hope it is guiding you too. Which one truly wove spells? Taoloth's charm truly was its own magic.

There was a moment of fear- the tiniest flicker of terror, where she thought she had lost Zassorth. Though he fell to powerful winds, his voice and song still carried between them, and she pulled him alongside her, wrapping him up in fierce, wild love. Do Not disappear now, stay, stay and fly with me. She veered a little, keeping him within her sights as she soared above. She never wanted to lose sight or touch of him, the spark of his love buoying her further, and the love of her own hearts a torrential downpour that fell upon the bronze. Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me... So fly, fly strong and true, and reach this place with me. If there was a way to beat the wind and and overcome the challenges, she was sure he would find it. She was convinced of it.

Iweth was a soul as disposed to love as she was, and in him kindred flames burned. She trilled and twirled with delight, his presence dizzying and dazzling all at once. He shone so brightly in her mind's eyes, Nya was quite surprised that O'thio was hidden, and not some gleaming outline in the wall or sky. Iweth's earnest song left Mictecath crooning in delight. How can you be the moon when you shine as brightly as the sun, my dear Iweth? Some things are just that simple, and your love will brighten the world for all. She hoped her words would entice him closer.

The love she felt far outmeasured her hearts- it lived within her now, coursing through every fibre of her being. These dragons were all so lovely and loving, each in their own, distinct way, and as she touched each mind she revelled in the sheer enthusiasm that radiated from them. A choice would be hard, and her hearts threatened to break at the mere notion of picking just one... She gave a challenging roar and pumped her wings faster, determined to put off the decision for as long as possible.

Alarasith powered ahead, and she sent him a croon of approval as he ranged near Venandith. So earnest and passionate- she had never known the depths of his hearts, and yet she only craved to know more as he drew closer. Will you walk on water for me, Alarasith? Will you stay beside me long after this day wanes? She didn't need to hear his answer- she was certain of his loyalty already... And yet, the teasing, playful vanter between them made her laugh, and she longed for more of his companionship.

Yihoth's words were as unfalteringly pleasant as he was, and his steadiness in flight, despite his pain, was a testament of his quiet strength and endurance. Mictecath marvelled at him privately, glad he had decided to join them all in song and dance, and wrapped him up in warm affection. My dear, you dance so beautifully... And I would not let you say anything less about yourself. She encouraged, twirling before him in a manner she hoped was most teasing. Long after the sun sets on this day, I will remember your words. The warmth you share will comfort me even in the cold dark of Between.

As Nanuth pushed himself closer and closer, Mictecath bugled in delight. Ah, she was so glad to see him draw nearer and nearer. Waves of loving comfort and reassurance were sent between the two, I know I need no proof of your love, for the days of our youth carry all the proof I shall ever need or want. With you, things are simple and clean, and I know I can never let that go. She didn't want to. Nanuth was the comforting, reassuring shoulder that had helped her through the tragedies of Weyrlinghood, into the pains of adulthood. He had been there when she was lost- and in a way, he had guided her home too. She urged him closer, faster, to soar through the skies by her side...

Poor Sakneth seemed to struggle against the winds as well. She reached out, a gentle touch on his mind, encouraging him to embrace the thermals even as they schemed against him. If we burn, let us burn the brightest we can... But when we fall, will we not become the shadows that haunt us? There was a note of worry in her lilting voice. His ardour was a powerful thing, carrying echoes of a future she could not imagine, lost in the moment as she was. She yearned to see what Sakneth envisioned, and yet her dance was all encompassing, and her mind was set on the speeding horizon.

Rixth... Veered off, to the side, and Mictecath thought she would scream. She resisted the urge to swat him back into place, knowing if she faltered or furled her wings, it would be done, and over. Outrage leaked away, giving space for appreciation, for love most doting and familial. Rixth, how beautifully you fly, and to set yourself apart for the world to see... I can admire you all the better. There was no bitterness in her voice, no resignation- her hearts were full of affection for the dragon who had returned, for the dragon who had chased and set her free in one fell swoop. She wrapped him up in the warmest, tightest of hugs, knowing he would be there still when she landed. He would be proud, right? No matter what. He, Krahsujunth, and her dearest Fianth... They would all be proud...

Severith, like Zassorth, and Sakneth, fought winds that plotted against him. She crooned in encouragement, thrumming her approval as he described their flight as a panting. The song had vaguely familiar qualities, and Mictecath was reminded of her dear sister Matoath. How lovely a thought, and the adventurous spirit of her sister seemed to linger right beside them. I must learn to do so- will you become the paintbrush and the colour, and dance beside me as we paint together? She was as excited by the thought as she was amused, some of her childlike joy leaking into their shared space. She twirled about, a moment of dead air following as she peered downwards, then affected an exasperated sigh, alas, I produce no trail of colour to behold! But the winds still carry us further, and maybe the skies will change for us? As the sun rose and set, the skies would become the most vivid of paintings. She had a lot of appreciation for that mental image.

Khazariath's honesty made his words shine. He needed no devotion or declaration of love to earn her affection in return, for Mictecath was a queen with reserves of love, and the stately bronze was as likely a victim recipient of her doting care as any who had flown that morning. And your words sing and shine to me, Khazariath. Just a little further, and we will know what tomorrow will bring for us. She encouraged him to push onwards, ever higher and faster. If she could wrap them all up in her wings, and love each one for their own worth and individuality, she would. It was such a powerful force, and it needed to be shared.

As Irath burst ahead, Mic found herself (very pleasantly) surprised by the force of his feelings. Follow me as we reach our tomorrow, Irath, and fear not what the future might bring. Your strength will bring you ever closer. She trusted in him, approval and warmth spreading between them, her encouragement sincere and earnest. He was a strong dragon, and would push through adversity to overcome and triumph.

Nyara's heart beat faster to see more people arrive, excitement bubbling beside nervousness. They were going to catch her. They were all so close. She just couldn't get away, couldn't escape... and she didn't really want to. Tahirah was a sight for sore eyes, and T'en... T'en's certainty in that moment... It was intoxicating. La'zul's presence was an anchor in a storm of passion, just as Zassorth carried the fragments of love that Mic so treasured. As Fe'ryn bowed, she resisted the urge to giggle stupidly, both enamoured and taken aback in one go. Nyara but her lip, desperate to pull them all into her arms, but her wings were not yet tired, and Mic still flew.

About Nyaranau:
Vivacious, loving and enthusiastic, Nyara is a whirlwind of energy and positivity. Her ebullient joie de vivre conceals insecurities and a fear of loneliness: Nyara surrounds herself with people so she doesn't have to deal with all the worries she buries.

Positive Trait List: Excitable, Intelligent, Passionate
Negative Trait List: Fear of loneliness, Self-absorbed, Easily distracted

About Mictecath:
Extremely physically affectionate, Mictecath is a doting, nurturing dragon with a lot of love to offer. She yearns to be a mother, and embraces her maternal role with a great deal of enthusiasm. She is, at times, overprotective of those she loves, and can be a bit vengeful when she feels someone has wronged a loved one. Her wrath is certainly something to behold when provoked.

Positive Trait List: Maternal, Responsible, Demonstrative
Negative Trait List: Overprotective, Smothering, Vindictive

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel

BastetAmun

Princess_Feylin
Please feel free to roll from the good luck table in addition to your regular roll!

ShinosBee

faesinger

Dea and #Teddy#

Zaikt
"Seems like your most recent compliment missed the mark. Time to think of something even more brilliant- or to fly better than normal! -15 to your running score!"

magnadearel
Please feel free to roll from the good luck table in addition to your regular roll!

Smerdle

Uta
"A sudden change in wind causes you to pull a muscle in your wing. You handle the pain, but the distraction has caused you to lose your spot. -30 to your running score!"

Avid_RPer18
"Another dragon just bullied their way into your airspace and stole your thermals! How dare! -25 to your running score!"

Mr Cheri

Shaddaling

Quote:
Please note that no song bonuses will be given for this round or for round 4, so please don't stress about songs unless you're enjoying it haha. heart

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 41!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:25 pm
NPC Zassorth

It was Mictecath's fear that sent Zassorth surging upward and ahead. Though the winds sought to break his climb, he would not leave her to such terror, however short lived it might have been. His love reached out to embrace her, shrouding her in a kind of wondering tenderness. She cared... this much? An answering fondness, a deep, fervent love resounded within his hearts. She who had reached out across time and space to console him in this moment would be comforted in her turn. Mic, I will never disappear on you, he said, a break in his song before he dared continue.

I was looking for a breath of a life... for a little touch of heavenly light, but all the choirs in my head sang, no, oh oh oh. That desperate hope had fled, leaving him alone in the darkness... but then... a vision of brightly burning gold had appeared, emblazoned on the sky like a falling star that had come down just for him. Just for this moment. He stretched his wings to their limits, chasing after her as if she was that very breath of life. To get a dream of life again, a little vision of the start and the end, but all the choirs in my head sang, no, oh oh oh.

Beneath her, he followed her path, reaching out with a beacon of his own. His hearts, glowing in their darkling splendor. She would always have a place in them. And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat, I tried to find the sound... but then it stopped, and I was in the darkness, So darkness I became. He could not explain the draw of her in the twilight, nor in the growing dawn. The moment they'd met he'd been so drawn to her. At first it had been innocent, if he ever could have been called innocent.

Now... now, it was electric, a connection that repudiated all explanation. His best friend, his cousin. A queen who had captured a large sliver of his hearts. She'd staked a claim to them, and while neither of them had been inclined to devoting themselves without exception to anyone, the bond was there. I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map, and knew that somehow I could find my way back. Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too, so I stayed in the darkness with you.

Now that darkness had become the dawn. This is a good a place to fall as any, we'll build our altar here. Was any of it enough to narrow the distance between them? He was all but blinded by the sight of her. His body ached with the effort to keep up, but he would not, could not let her down. This is my body, this is my love... such selfish prayers and I can't get enough. She was so close and yet so far.

Restless energy filled the queenrider's weyr, and La'zul watched her with eyes full of Zassorth's devotion. He was Mictecath and she was Zassorth... distant and tender at once. But she was nearly within reach. He didn't speak, the electricity building by the moment. Though the queen still had energy left to fly, he could all but sense the climax of this moment approaching. The room had disappeared from view, with only a bright circle around Nyara. "Nya," he repeated, this time using the short nickname T'en had done.

Breath of Life, Cosmic Love, and Bedroom Hymns, by Florence + the Machine

About Zassorth

A small to medium sized bronze, Zassorth nevertheless is a force to be reckoned with. His hide shows the ravages of Thread, but he is not a vain creature, taking such stains as the badges of pride that they are. Passionate, fierce, and magnetic in his acid way, he keeps his hearts well hidden. He's been known to sing to his food upon occasion... not that he'd ever admit to such a fault. Although generally standoffish, where Zassorth has committed his hearts he is devoted and protective.

Positive Traits: Charismatic, Hypnotic, Witty
Negative Traits: Scheming, Machiavellian, Sarcastic

About La'zul

Born and raised in Nabol Hold, La'zul adapted to Weyr life like a fish to water. He lives and breathes the High Reaches culture, but owing to his upbringing as a scrapper (and sometime card shark) has a meritocratic bent. A handsome fellow with shoulder length blue-black hair and violet eyes full of mischief, La'zul is your traditional bronzerider in a quite attractive package. ... If one prefers one's bronzerider to have rather sharp edges, at least. Equally intrigued by men and women, and nonbinary sorts alike. Little bit easy come, easy go... until the right thing (or things) click(s).

Positive Traits: Clever, Resourceful, Inquisitive
Negative Traits: Bossy, Sharp-tongued, Greedy

Available for post-Flight good times.

Musical: +10
Witty, charming, humorous: +10
Protective: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done' - because they benefit him: +5
[Dis]respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank - impressed by those who excel regardless of color: +15
Total: 80

Round 1: 16/80 + 15 = 31
Round 2: 10/80 + 15 = 25
Round 3 : 41/80 + 15 = 56

Total: 112

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 7!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:26 pm
User Image

Indeed Mictecath's words drew him on, allured him closer, wanting her touch, her time, her eyes to look only at him... Never, never, Mictecath—you are the sun, you are Rukbat, golden and radiant, giving life and love and warmth to all. I could only be so lucky to be the moon and reflect that love back at you for a time, a phase... He trumpeted in joy and answered affections, pushing himself to try to swoop towards her, trailing into a softer croon of deep affection as he reached... And caught only air. Mictecath roared her challenge and put on speed, rising up and out of grasp just as he had stilled his wings to oh so gently meet her... and he was left behind in a crush of wind and surging bodies as others who had been more alert, more wary in the moment, reacted faster and quickly outstripped him in getting back on target.

He had been so sure, so focused in the moment of the potential catch, it took him long seconds to change course and at last chase after her again. A bittersweet note of a creel slipped from him, dramatically and earnestly bemoaning his miss, the loss of her presence. Still, he could not help but admire how she charged onwards, seeming infinitely strong, unimaginably beautiful. Mictecath... you've taken my hearts, you don't know what you've done... You're out of my league, and perhaps I am just a fool to believe I have anything you'd need... But I will chase you all the same! You're like the wind, Mictecath; let me sail on the wind of your love just a little longer...!

Stats
Respectful and accepting of every color regardless of rank: +15
Part of the Magic/Disney double clutch: +15

Score:
26+15(bonus) = 41
38+15(bonus) = 58

Total: 106  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Call it magic...

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 90 ... 10!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:27 pm
User Image

Mictecath's words surprised him--the softness and gentleness that he had not come to expect--but it was the twinge of grey in her purple eyes that had him most concerned. Instead, he crooned, and sent a wave of support -- so she might feel his strength, and know that he there. I wouldn't dream of causing you such pain in your shining moment. If I must not fret over the future, than I you must forget our rocky beginning--let it be water un the bridge. May we both be free of it. He suggested.

To her request to follow her, the brown did not hesitate. I will follow you way down wherever you may go...I'll follow you way down to your deepest low...I'll always be around wherever life takes you. He spoke his words firmly, fondly, but each one was spoken as a promise. A vow.

It wasn't something new--it was something he would have given from the very start. His appearance here was promise of that. No matter their complicated hearts, he had not given up on Mictecath, nor did he intend to. They were family, after all...

Unfortunately, luck was not on his side. As he edged ever closer, once again, the wind betrayed him. This time, the pain of the muscle in his wings caused him to drop and falter severely. His snarl of pain (and frustration) had him flapping wildly as he tried to correct. He was stronger than the aches and pains of his body; he refused to give up the chase, refused to let pain win. He was too close. Had been so close.

No.

This was just a temporary setback. There was time yet...wasn't there? He was determined. Even now, so far behind, the brown struggled to regain his ground. Reaching out to Mic, no matter the growing distance between them, he couldn't help but remind her once more.

You know I'll follow you.

I Will Follow You - Imagine Dragons
- - - -
Venandith Basically a hero, Venandith is amazing. And don't think that he won't tell you all about it. He does take great pride in showing himself to be an example among Browns. For that reason he'll be the first to volunteer for a dangerous mission. If there was a break in the line, he'd be right there, ready and willing to go right into the thick of things. But ooph, watch the face! There's only one like that in all of Pern. If there is one thing to say of Venandith, it's that he's persistent. He will doggedly pursue a task to the bitter end, even if that means putting himself and his rider at terrible risk. He'd rather not, of course, but if something needs done, this is one dragon who will do it.

Positive Traits: Confident, Strong, Opinionated, Suave, Persistent
Negative Traits: Smug, Arrogant, Narcissistic, Vain, Womanizing (Manizing? Izing?)

Protective, keen Thread-fighter, heroic: +10
Part of the Magic/Disney double clutch: +15
Venandith: +5
Total: 90

1. 82 + 15 = 97
2. 62 - 30 + 15 = 47
3. 144 - 30 = 114 + 10 = 124
Total: 124

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 72!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:30 pm
User Image

Although Bajeth knew that Mictecath was giving warm, fuzzy feelings to all of the dragons chasing her it still made his spirits soar to receive the affection and attention she offered him. There were many golds that called High Reaches home but Mictecath had to be among the most loving and giving of them all. He knew some of her beloved family was chasing with him this morning but she still found the time to dote on him when she didn't need to. Shells, she didn't need to give any of them any attention whatsoever! She was the star of the morning, all eyes were on her and if she chose to snub every suitor until the very end that was her right.

But she wasn't. She was warm and kind and loving, the perfect example of what a queen should be in Bajeth's eyes. It made him try all the more, weaving around other dragons whose strength was failing or who were blown off course by a thermal. He couldn't help himself despite his less than stellar singing, another tune humming from his mind into Mictecath's, a gentle and easy presence that mimicked his usual presence outside of goldflights.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up in the morning when the day is new, and after having spent the day together hold each other close the whole night through? Truly, Bajeth was a cuddler through and through. This flight was exciting and should he win he'd catch Mictecath and see her safely to the ground, but the best part in his mind was the afterglow. Settling down and snuggling up, and if Mictecath's family had anything to say about it, they certainly wouldn't be alone. He hoped that if he did win Mictecath's affections Hiraeth might join in on the ledge after the queen determined that others were welcome. He sent her a little mental picture of a pile of dragons on Mictecath's ledge, a warm and content sensation accompanying the thought.

Wouldn't It Be Nice

---

Bajeth: Bajeth is a friendly, outgoing dragon who loves to laugh, eat, and make new friends. Kids are a delight to him - both of the dragon and human persuasion - and he'll be the first to volunteer to watch over those scampering around in the Creche or to introduce himself to the new junior weyrlings during their training sessions. Although he's currently working through some old and new feelings - good and bad - he's far quicker to put on a happy face and interact with others than his rider is. Bajeth is quite fond of any dragon that is smaller than him, no matter the color, as he loves to curl up around them and snuggle.
S'ian: Emotionally unavailable, won't be participating.

---

Bajeth's Stats

Respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank: +15'

Round 1: 27 + 10 = 37
Round 2: 57 + 15 = 72
Round 3: 72
Total: 181  
faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 72!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aryath was able to find a good current and sped forward, faster than he had been before. He concentrated on dodging dragons and finding the best path. The darkness may come but love will always stay and light our way. Aryath was still not professing undying love for Mictecath. Love is all around us. We can’t get lost. He sent her a mental embrace back and tried to share how much he appreciated her for knowing that, though fleeting, his emotions were no less true. Aryath cared deeply for every dragon he chased, even if it was only for a moment of their lives. Today you are our guiding light.

Aryath:
Positive Traits: Charming, irresistible, cavalier
Negative Traits: Rakish, disreputable, boastful

L’iand: is not available

participant: +5
demonstrative: +10
Charming: +10
protective: +10
Invested potential clutch sire/future parent +10
Willing to share ‘the ledge’ with others: +15
Strong loyalty to the Weyr +5
respectful of every color regardless of rank: +15

Round 1: 5 + 5 = 10
Round 2: 23 + 30 +15= 68
Round 3: 72
Total: 150  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 17!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:37 pm
User Image

Once more he felt his hearts flutter madly in his chest. The attention given to him, the warmth and love he felt was wonderful. It caused Taoloth to lag behind, falling to the back of the pack and he growled softly to himself as he fought to gain, to get closer to that shinning Golden Rose. Ah, no matter the outcome of this flight, win or lose Mictecath was his Rose.

Baby, I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time.
And maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you, maybe I'm amazed
at the way you pulled me out of time, you hung me on the line.
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you. Maybe I'm a lonely man who's in the middle of something that he doesn't really understand. Maybe you're the only woman who could ever help me. Baby won't you help me to understand?

Maybe I’m Amazed

-------------------------------

Taoloth: A brown that is a bit more on the smaller and delicate side, there are many who underestimate Taoloth. Quick-witted and charming he enjoys flirting with male and females, as well as vying for control and wanting to be in control in most situations.
Positive Traits: Disciplined, Patient, Ernest;
Negative Traits: Controlling, Deceitful, Manipulative

Taoloth's Stats
Loving, Demonstrative or Affectionate: +10
Sociable, Witty, Charming, Humorous: +10
Family-Oriented: +15
Part of the Magic/Disney double Clutch: +15

Round 1: 26+10=36