Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ◕ Roleplay: Vampires
[ORP] Toreador New Years Bash - Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:18 pm
There would always be a battle. A battle of wills. A battle of wits. I’m be day, Armistice was sure, Mithras would slip. There would be something that would incriminate him and that would tighten the noose around his neck. Drive the stake into his heart that much deeper. And the Justicar planned to be his judge, jury and executioner once he had found it. That one linch pin that would bring the Methuselah’s house of cards come tumbling down.

Armistice wrinkled his nose at the insinuation that he had been “dreaming” about Mithras. No, while the other Ventrue was top of his list he wasn’t the only one. There were others he preoccupied his time with as well. “How high you place yourself, Mithras. To believe you are my only quarry. That only you occupy my thoughts. Does is chafe you to know that you aren’t the only one on my mind? I hope so.” He cooly took another sip of his drink.

The Justicar knew exactly what he was doing. Of course he did. He had had centuries upon centuries to perfect his craft. And not even Mithras could be immune. Being a Ventrue gave him all the advantages in unlife. Wealth, charm, smarts an air of superiority that one could cut with a knife. But why should he not feel that way? He was the best of the best after all and bringing in the Methuselah would just be the jewel upon his crown.

When that hand clasped his shoulder he barely shifted from the force. Armistice was no hulking beast of a man but he was no fragile little whisp either. He was solid. He had to be. And his gaze simply fell to the hand them back to the other’s face with an almost ‘are you serious?’ look on his pale features. The f he hadn’t removed it Armistice would have. Firmly. Once it was gone he simply dusted off his shoulder with a gloved hand. As if dirt and grime had been left behind.

“You know me too well, friend. I would accept nothing but the best.” The laugh that came next was cold as a slender and perfectly arched eyebrow raised. “Come now you wound me, that’s not very hospitable of you. Do you not see? Everyone welcomes me wherever I go, for however long I choose to stay. They fall over themselves just to please me.” He left out the part about that all being fear based. But Mithras would know. There was no need to say it. Wherever Armistice went the locals shuttered themselves away or they fall to kiss his feet in hopes of placating him in the vein hope he might not stake them to a roof top and leave them there till sunrise.

Seussi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:41 pm
The other seemed to be, at first, at a loss for words. Understandable though. Capulet had pulled out all the stops to look as elegant and beautiful for this night as he could. And by Gideon’s reaction he had succeeded at n droves. He simply smiled, blue eyes warm and full of mirth as he waited for him to collect himself and speak. Tilting his head ever to slightly.

When his hand was taken and kissed his pleasure only grew. Gideon was so proper. Much unlike some of the meant Capulet had been involved with. Though he had, from time to time, come across those with similar quality’s. Typically older but it was also rare that the young vampire found himself hooking up with those who were younger. Much preferring any extended company with older gentlemen.

At the offered arm he slipped his hand into the crook of it. Letting his fingers trace small patterns upon the soft fabric of his sleeve as he gave another melodic bit of laughter. “Flatterer.” He gave Gideon a light slap on his upper arm, biting his bottom lip and slowly letting it slip from between his teeth. “I wouldn’t miss a party like this for the world. They seem to be all the rage if the present company is any measure of success.”

As a server with a tray passed them by he plucked two flutes of champagne from the tray, offering one to Gideon while reserving one for himself. “I have been well. And how about you, Gideon? I hope everything has been well with you since our last meeting?”

Uta

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Why he was here he had no idea. No, that was a lie. He was here to scope out weither or not Ambrogino would be making an appearance to this most auspicious occasion. And if nothing else perhaps he would give the others pause in the fact that he was there. Surely the Giovanni would be giving him a wide birth afterall. But in all truth he hated them all. Those who condemned his clan to being wiped off the face of Faetasia and those who sat idly by and had allowed it to happen. They would all pay one way or another.

Once he became a god.

But there was no time to sit there and mull about it. To stew in his hatred. He would not allow the Cappadocians to go unrepresented at this come all party. Not in the slightest. He wanted them all to see him. For them all to know that he was alive and well. Very well in fact.

He had arrived silently and in shadow long before Constancia had made her entrance. Finding a dark corner to linger in. A deep, dark liquor straining the glass of a cup settled upon a table in front of him. He wore no fancy outfit but he had shirked off his usual armor for a well tailored shirt to go along with his breeches and boots. Sharp features set within a face heavy with indifference as he watched the incoming vampires. Eyes darkened with blood and shadow swirled and flared as irritation and impatience welled up from the deep, dark abyss of his core. The rules of Elysium applied within the confines of the party, but no one would think twice about him laying wasted to the Giovanni Antediluvian outside the party. If the coward would ever show up.

As Constancia made her presence known he barely shifted in his spot. He should have expected her to show up. Of course she would. Since his awakening she seemed to dog his every steps. Trying to spoil any of his attempts at recovering his research or confronting Ambrogino. His eyes narrowed as lips drew into a tight line. If she wished to approach him he would not turn her away. He couldn’t. His feelings for the woman burned and roiled beneath his seemingly calm demeanor. But he was anything but calm.

Part of him wished to go to her. But he refrained. She seemed to be enjoying herself so he simply watched from his shadowed corner for the time being. His gaze flickering back and forth between her and the mansion door.

Seussi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:10 pm
As Ashrad became increasingly aware of how much he stood out amongst the glitz and glamour of this little shindig, no matter how deep within the shadows he situated himself, the more irritated he became. It made no sense to him to meet here, among so many, unless Ambrogino somehow thought that nobody would suspect an exchange of information to happen in such a public place. It would be too risky. Who would possibly do something so bold and stupid? The more he thought about it, however, the more genius the idea seemed...save for one tiny little problem.

The lord of vampires himself, Grendel, had just arrived. His power was immense, a tangible thing that hung so thickly through the air that Ashrad felt as if he could reach out and touch it. His hooded gaze watched the Deity and his favoured Disciple Ravnos, face as stoic and unreadable as he could possibly make it. He had just decided that this had been a mistake and was just about to push himself back from his seat to do a round through the crowd and leave quietly without raising too much suspicion when nearby movement caught his eye.

His upper lip curled back to bare a glint of white teeth as he turned, his glowing eye levelling on the one who seemed to be sneaking up on him from the shadows. He did not know him, and his hand tightened on the hilt of his dagger as they approached him with calm purpose. The Methuselah's good eye flicked over the stranger, taking in his apparel, his hair, and the scars that adorned his cheeks. He did not seem like someone who had come for the party, so what is it that he wanted?

Ashrad wouldn't have to wait long for the answer, it seemed, as the vampire slipped into the seat across from him. "Speak more words." He hissed, not catching on to Benny's tone or the way he spoke as if they had always known each other. "And explain to me what it is that you want..." Ashrad paused then, eyelids narrowing as he leaned forward slightly and took in a slow, deliberate breath through his nose.

"Giovanni. Your blood all smells the same. It reeks of betrayal." Though this one, he could admit to himself, had a sweeter scent than most. Enticing even. He could feel his mouth begin to water, and he leaned back, eying the other more carefully now as pieces began to shift into place.

"He is not coming." He repeated in deadpan, his tone cold. Until that moment, his hand had continued to grip the hilt of his dagger, but now his hand appeared, pale fingertips barely visible for the glove that adorned it. He pressed that hand against the tabletop and made as though to rise. "So there is no reason for me to stay, then."

Suddenly, his gaze shot to the door of the mansion as a woman entered, the sound of her laughter cascading from the walls. The Bone Priestess Constancia. When was the last time Ashrad had crossed paths with her? He was surprised to even see her. He had thought that the Giovanni had burned her in her tomb long ago.

"Or perhaps it is you who should be leaving, Giovanni. I see now why Ambrogino would not risk coming here himself." A cruel smile seemed to play along his lips at the words. "Instead he sends a loyal puppy to play fetch. How very like him."

Uta

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:41 pm

Ishtar had always been a bit showy. Shamhat had known that about her when she'd thought they were both mortals. But if anything, Ishtar had become even inclined to showmanship as the years had crept by. It both amused Shamhat and kept her on her toes. For she never knew when Ishtar would dip her or spin her. Whether the music called for it or not, the Disciple rose to the challenge. The Daeva moved with an effortless grace, unmatched by any Shamhat had ever known. Perhaps she was making a point of it. Perhaps she simply did it by instinct alone. What seemed artifice might in fact simply be nature.

"I would love a drink," she said finally, enjoying the moment. She stared up into Ishtar's eyes, losing herself in those twin pools. It was as if they were bottomless, as boundless as eternity itself, if it could be given a form. But perhaps that was just her imagination. Love did fascinating things to one, after all. Shamhat had never felt more alive than she did now, with Ishtar sweeping her around the dance floor. Once she'd been young and in love with this very same woman. Now she was old... and mad with love for her. Immune to the slight show of dramatics that flared within the mansion.

Fatal Irony

"Ah," said Vano. "A Toreador mansion is a grand thing indeed... though I very much doubt that it humbles your grandfather's temple." Very little could make a deity's temple pale in comparison. But he was right. It was elegant. He was less interested in the place itself and more interested in the denizens therein. Most interested, in fact, in this one. "Something tells me that they would not like my typical garb either." For Vano often found himself knee deep in one thing or another. His work was not the most buttoned up, as it were. Did he detect a faint pinking of Llewellyn's ears? The Antediluvian smiled with some faint amusement.

It was entirely possible that the Toreadors would be so brazen as to toss out a deity's own grandchild over a bit of good, clean dirt. That made sense to Vano, even if he thought it was probably a little dramatic. But the artists could be a little dramatic at times. "Imagine if it were a Ventrue party instead." Although... if it had been a Ventrue party, there was every chance that he would not have merited an invitation. The Toreadors were nothing if not thorough. Ventrue were undoubtedly more discerning. "Your drink looks interested," he added absently, and accepted his own when it was offered to him.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The hush that followed Constancia's grand entrance allowed Claudius Giovanni the opportunity to walk right into it. Stepping into the dim light of the mansion, the Antediluvian took stock of the scene as it unfolded. Vincenzo Giovanni adorned his arm like always, looking far more innocent than any Giovanni should. It was not that he intended to be fashionably late, but rather that certain matters had tied up his time and attention in a way that was unavoidable. As was, it would seem, the unpleasantness of the night. He made no outward sign that he'd noticed that Cappadocians in the crowd, but inwardly he was far from pleased by Constancia's presence.

She stank of trouble. Just as Ambrogino did... to name another. Though he was certainly not alone in that. For some reason, Claudius's gaze settled on his son Ignatius for a long moment before he tore it away. What was he up to? And with his so-called husband, no less. He let his attention slip back to the moment, however. "Vincenzo, do you prefer to dance or linger in the main hall?" he asked, pointedly ignoring the presence of certain... undesirables. Now was neither the time nor the place for anything more.

Uta

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:06 pm
The temple was a grand place, surely much grander to those who did not spend most of the unlives there. But to Llwellyn it was simply home. Its high, vaulted ceilings, stone walls and draped silks were so familiar to him he often forgot that to others it seemed like a magical place. So he could not fault Vano for saying as such. Still, there was a certain charm to the Toreador mansion that one could not quite find at his home.

Though he was sure neither of his grandfathers would ever prescribe to this particular aesthetic. Rabbis prided himself on keeping the temple as welcome and as inviting as Grendel would allow him. At least that was how the Disciple had described it to him once when Llwellyn had questioned why there were so many pillows and lounges. But it made sense. Who would want to visit a temple that was so unwelcoming to its guests? “I suppose this is true. It is hard to compare to something of divine creation.” Don’t get him wrong. Llwellyn loved his home. It was the only one he knew and even now there were still places he was discovering. It was almost as if the temple itself was alive. Always shifting and changing in the subtlest of ways. Which it probably was knowing Grendel.

“I can’t say I could imagine such a party as I have never been to one. Have you?” He gave Vano a curious look. Llwellyn knew the clan reputation so he wouldn’t be surprised if one such at the Antediluvian had never stepped foot within a Ventrue affair. At least invited anyhow. His gaze turned back to his drink before reaching into his coat and the younger vampire retrieved an oddly shaped silver spoon with holes, laying it across the top of the glass so that the holes balanced precariously over the green liquid. Settling the two sugar cubes upon the spoon. “It’s called Absinthe. Also known at the Green Fairy because it is said if you drink enough of it a green fairy will visit you.” Again he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small silver flask. “Normally you would simply pour cold water over the sugar until they dissolve but I like a little bite to mine and prefer a bit of a citrus flavor to the Absinthe.” Uncapped ng the flask he poured a slightly cloudy liquid over the sugar cubes until the we’re completely dissolved. Stirring the drink a couple of times with the spoon. “You can drink it straight but I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s very very strong.” Replacing the spoon within his pocket after drying it off he nodded his head to his glass. “Would you like to try it? If you aren’t fond of anise perhaps you shouldn’t.”

Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:21 pm
Caius could feel the power radiating outside the ballroom, and it made him feel alive -- powerful, strong. It practically echoed through that connection, and he knew he would need call upon the god -- and soon at that. To thank him for taking time to attend, of honoring them with his presence. It would be rude of him not to, after all... if it wasn't for Grendel, he wouldn't be in the position he was.

But he also didn't wish to crowd the god. He was here with Ravnos, and meant to enjoy himself too. And why shouldn't he? All work and no play wasn't good for anyone, even a divine being, surely... No, Caius would send his regards later on in the evening, if he appeared to have a moment free. He wouldn't disturb the god yet, nor flock to him upon his first arrival. Let the man settle.... let him enjoy the music, the dancing, or time with his favored

"Oh, very good then-- it sounds as if we'll have the time of our unlives tonight." To be in Asana's arms was all he really wanted, but like always, there would be business to tend to, to focus on, to watch for. There would be vampires of all Clans and rank to speak to, even if it was just a nod and air kiss to the cheek. Though he wanted to continuing the dance well through the night, the power of of those arriving was palpable, even from within the ballroom. Perhaps it was time to take a break, fetch a drink, and see who else had come pay the party a visit.

"My hopes for the New Year are to grow the clan exponentially, in both numbers and power." Let others think little of the artists and degenerates of the world, let them turn their nose up at their embrace of mortals, or their inspiration of the artists spirit. Let them play both comedy and tragedy, and encourage every feeling in between... It only made them stronger, more connected to a world the Kindred lost. He would see the Toreadors shine, come hell or high water. Yes, he had plans to better organize the Clan and to influence both mortal and Kindred alike. But all these things would take time... Thankfully, that was something vampires generally had in droves.

After a moment, he did turn his dual-hued gaze up to the dark, handsome vampire he danced with. "Of course, to spend time luxuriating with you on my arm and in my bed," he added with a saucy smile. He didn't want Asana to feel left out of his hopes and dreams, of course. Goodness knew, the older vampire had been a figure in his unlife for longer than he could remember. They were ancient friends, whose bond had only grown with time. That was something that would never change, no matter his plans.

Cheri

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:12 pm
Ignatius happily took his drink when the bartender set it down, enjoying the taste of the alcohol upon his tongue. It was stronger than it looked, but he thoroughly enjoyed the flavor. While he could drink plenty of alcohol straight, he usually preferred something with a little twist. Besides, who wanted to throw down money on something that tasted nasty or you had to choke down? Not Iggy, even if he could.

The grimace on Aurey's face was familiar, and Ignatius almost flinched in response--as if it had been his own doing. In a way, it was. If he hadn't gotten into trouble in the first place, they wouldn't necessarily be here at all. Gods, he was certain there was at least a vampire or two here who could point them in the right direction....but they were just a fledgling and a Neonate. The chances they'd part with such high end information freely, or without asking questions, was still slim even if they found someone.

What a ******** nightmare.

"Possible whoever we need is already here," he added, trying to grasp onto some sort of hope. "I saw some folks in the Ballroom, and I'm sure there are some across the way." Maybe the dark lights and deep bass were a draw for the Baali; maybe one of them was on the way; maybe.... maybe they were in for a long night and nothing but disappointment. But what else could they do? They were trying to handle this whole thing discreetly and that was the problem.

Reaching into his pocket, Iggy was just about to pull out a cigarette to offer Aurey when something--or someone--dreadful entered the room. The giggle was absolutely nerve wracking, and it sent the hair standing on the back of his neck. Purple eyes went wide as he looked up from his drink, staring at the pale, bony woman who entered. He didn't know who she was, but he recoiled immediately, his Beast suddenly very on edge. He was trying to bear her name from his lessons, to place her, but he couldn't -- and before he'd latched onto a name, he found Aurelian grabbing hold of his arm and pulling him further down.

"Who's that?" He asked quietly, glad to have more distance between himself and the stranger. A Cappedocian, surely....but who? "And sure, yeah, let's... Let's go." He quickly slammed down the last of his drink, before following Aurey to whichever dancefloor her preferred. So long as they kept a wide berth from that one. Of course, he was just on his with with Aurey when two other figures came waltzing into the mansion.

Claudius and Vinny.

His father's gaze bore into him from across the room, and he stared back, freezing for half a moment as he processed this change of plans. s**t. Just what they needed. He wasn't sure whether to wave or pretend he didn't see him. Instead, he gave a nod of acknowledgment, before hurrying all the faster into another room. ******** wanting to further upset Aureliano, he quickly asked, "Any idea who that was?" A Cappedocian, sure, he'd gotten that memo loud and clear.... but as for the particular, he didn't remember that one in his history lessons.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:40 pm
He regretted the bite in his words almost the moment that he spoke them. No matter how true the sentiment behind them, it was foolish of him to let anything slip, even his true feelings of annoyance at all the time that ended up wasted when Armistice came calling. It was something the Justicar would remember. It was something he would probably use to his advantage. Well, there was no sense in dwelling upon it now. What was said was said. The best he could hope was to smooth things over with a little damage control. A charming grin. A tease of tongue against his lower lip as he listened to the other Ventrue speak followed by another light laugh.

"Well of course there are others, how silly of me to insinuate I could be the only one! Someone so thorough as yourself could not be preoccupied by me alone." A mischievous glint entered his hazelnut gaze, "But you must admit that I entertain your thoughts more than any other. You could at least give me that, Armistice." He bit his lip with a small smirk and gazed at the other vampire through hooded lids, as he let the other vampire's name roll off his tongue in a deeper, more suggestive tone.

Another small sip of wine followed. All the better to stop himself from scoffing when Armistice brushed away whatever invisible filth he thought it had on the shoulder that Mithras had touched.

"Do you not appreciate my honesty? It is all I have ever offered to you." The biggest lie of all.

yayoi

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:47 pm
In his haste to exit that particular room Aureliano paid little mind to the fact that both his father-in-laws had finally managed to make an appearance at the party. Even though the rules of Elysium were in place he still felt no desire to be in close quarters with any Cappadocian. Fledgling, Neonate, Antediluvian or otherwise. And he most certainly didn’t need Iggy getting them both into anymore trouble than they already were in. If they had a run in with the Cappadocians the Baali would be the least of their worries.

He didn’t stop to answer Ignatius’s question. Quickly whisking his husband away to the darker and noisier of the two dance rooms. The club side would suit them just fine. Give them a chance to perhaps disappear into the throng of writhing bodies and keeping them out of anyone’s particular watchful gaze for the time being. Taking Iggy by the wrist he lead the younger male on a winding path through close pressed bodies until he felt like there was enough distance between them and the main room where there was more than one person he would rather not run into.

Oh, he knew Claudius and Vinny were there. He just had little to no desire to chat them up at that present time.

When he felt he could take a breath he stopped in the middle of the dance floor. Releasing Iggy from his grasp. The music was loud, the lights flashed and dazzled and for a moment he took a second to collect himself. Leaning in so that the other could hear him over the cacophony of noise. Finally answering his question. “I don’t know but the amount of power coming off of her…..she has to be someone powerful. If I were to take a guess though I would say she was Constancia.” Pulling back the Neonate began to pick up the beat of the music. Swaying and moving with the ebb and flow of the crowd as they all squeezed into that space. His body pressing up against Iggy’s. It was better here. Less likely to get mixed up in any minor altercations that they really didn’t need tonight. And perhaps they would run into a Baali while they were here as well. This seemed the most likely of all places if any.

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:59 pm
Her peals of laughter only lasted for so long before she paused to listen to their delightful echo, a wide grin parting her lips as she let her arms fall and she began to walk further into the mansion. Ample hips swayed to the beat of music that was all in her head when suddenly she felt tiny pinpricks crawling up along her spine, the whispers a sudden cacophony of deafening sound, urging her to turn and let her gaze fall upon the pair that had entered the party behind her.

"Claaauuudius Giovannniiii." Her voice came in its eerily pitched cadence, a multitude of whispered voices overlaying her own. "How delightful."

"delightful"

"delightful"

Her hands came up to clap together, a sharp sound punctuated by the rattling of bones as she lurched toward him, the wide grin not leaving her face. "It has been so very long, dear Claudius."
"Claudius..."

"Claaauddiussss"

"CLAUDIUS."

"And who is this striking man upon your arm, hmmmmm? And OH. Is our darling Ambrogino here as well? You know I did so love him, like the mother he never had. But his father, your father." She tutted her tongue a few times at this, and waggled a finger in front of his face.

"He was a bad man. A naughty man. I did warn them. I warned everyone. And nobody listened to me! Nobody ever. just. listened....." The end of her words became hushed, a whisper carried away through the din of the room, and she went perfectly still in front of him, as her grin slowly faded to a frown.

Cheri
Uta
yayoi
in case someone is keeping an eye on her

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:08 pm
Of course he would remember. Armistice was not only thorough in his work but also well aware of every word the other Ventrue spoke, the way he spoke them. Every micro expression that passed over his oale face. An attention to detail was paramount in his work as a Justicar and even before he had become what he was today it had always been so. Nothing escaped him when there was a shred of evidence to be found. Even the smallest drop of blood could set a blood hound on a trail afterall.

The amount of time he wasted perusing Mithras was an annoyance in and of itself. But he understood why the Camarilla wanted him dealt with and so he understood just exactly what his job to do in this city was. Find evidence to convict and judge Mithras with extreme prejudice. Perhaps if things were different, if they had been different people, who knew? Perhaps they could have even been friends. The smirk barely registered nor did the playfulness of the other’s look. He wouldn’t be fooled, he wouldn’t be drawn in by his charms and manipulated that way. Armistice was too old for that. As he took another sip of his champagne he contemplated his next words very, very carefully.

That cool gaze turning back to Mithras, there was little emotion behind those eyes as he spoke. “You entertain my thoughts only when the Camarilla deems it necessary.” And perhaps that was a lie in and of itself. But that was something else the Ventrue would never admit to the Methuselah. At least not to his face. And most certainly not without a lot of wine in his system.

He almost scoffed at the next string of words that dropped from Mithras’ mouth. Ok, he did scoff at them but internally. He wasn’t about to give the Ventrue an inch to work with. “We both know that is quite untrue. I do not know who you think you are trying to fool but it certainly is not me.”

Seussi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:25 pm
User Image

Vinny was eager to attend the illustrious party, a social butterfly who enjoyed connecting with others both inside and outside the Clan. While he would always put the Giovanni first, he wasn't so insular as to not enjoy rubbing elbows with others -- and this sort of party would be filled to the brim with faces, young and old, alike. And what better place to hawk his wares? Always be closing, so the business model said, and he was the sort of vampire who loved to make a deal.

Hell, he'd taken a crack pot idea and made it a surprisingly lucrative business. Either he was a genius or an idiot, it didn't matter to Vinny. And tonight, while he promised Claudius he'd be on his best behavior, that didn't mean he wouldn't take note to make a few connections and maybe, someday, make a future sale. Business aside, the dark haired Giovanni was happy to represent the clan, and adorn Claudius' arm. Why shouldn't he want to show off his handsome husband? His boldness had won him a date with the Ante ages prior, and it was something he was grateful for daily.

He might not have been a powerful vampire, he might have had little rank or sway, but he had Claudius, and through him, his children. What more could a vampire ask for?

Stepping into the mansion with his husband, he immediately felt the pulse of power within the walls--power that was not from Claudius but others. Vampires far more powerful than he, including that familiar power of the all mighty Grendel. Was their god here this night? He wanted to look around, wanted to catch sight of the red-head, wanted to flash him a thrilled smile or thumbs up... but there was something unpleasant in the air. Something uncomfortable. Something foul. Something that was entirely Cappadocian in nature.

Before Vinny had a chance to respond to Claudius question, a woman approached. A woman who stunk of death and caused the pit of his stomach to drop. He was naturally repulsed, body tensing, as he took in Constancia's presence...though his smile never wavered. He did step back slightly as she approached, the echoes entirely unnerving. He gripped tight to Claudius arm, just in case he might be tempted to forget that this was meant to be a peaceful establishment. Unnerved as he was by the woman, he would hold his tongue. She wasn't really talking to him, after all... she was talking to Claudius, and he knew better than to interrupt.

What a... peach.

Seussi

Cheri

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:39 pm

Even as they spoke together, Vano felt power, heady like the smell of ozone and too much wine, creep through the mansion. It seemed that some of the elder kindred were... socializing. He ignored them for the time being, focusing his attention on Llewellyn, who was much more interesting that inter-Clan squabbling. If that was indeed what was happening in the other room. "It is," he agreed. "Your grandfather does a fine job of keeping the place up." But it was true that there were other remarkable places in Faetasia. This being among them.

"Ah... once. In my youth. Before all of... well, this," he said, gesturing generally to the mansion. "But Clan Ventrue was even more ostentatious then. All columns and pillars. Beautiful, imposing... and far more like a temple than this Toreador mansion or any current Ventrue dwelling." It had been a different world, then, and Vano had been relatively young. Younger, anyway, if not actually youthful. It had been such a very long time since his actual childhood. To remember it he would need to go into a trance and he did not wish to do that right now.

He knew of Absinthe, of course. Or the Green Fairy, as some called it. He reached out, plucking the glass from Llewellyn when it was offered and taking a sip. Vano could more than handle his liquor. "How kind of you to offer." And it was, surprisingly kind. Very innocent, in its own way. As though Llewellyn belonged to another crowd entirely. Perhaps he did. He replaced the glass, setting it back down before the young vampire with a smile. "I've had drinks far stronger than this one, but if you're referring to the flavor... yes, Absinthe is definitely an acquired taste."

Yayoi

Ahh. Asana did wonder whether Caius would want to be at the center of whatever little tête-à-tête was taking shape out in the great hall. He listened to his Disciple, however, as Caius listed out his hopes and dreams for the Clan. He was not bothered that he came as an afterthought. He would have been greatly surprised if he had been the main priority of those wishes. After all, Caius had an entire Clan to run. And with him, besides.

"Let us pray that your wishes do come true," Asana said. Though, really, the Disciple surely did not need any prayers or luck when it came to that. He could forge it of his own making, if he so chose. There was certainly much room for growth among their clan. "And I will not say no to luxuriating with you, whether on your arm or in your bed." He leaned down to kiss his sire, feeling that that remark deserved this sort of answer.

But to his ears the drama appeared to be unfolding, and he greatly doubted whether Caius would enjoy missing it. "Shall we adjourn to the entrance hall, my darling?" he inquired, wondering whether his Disciple would prefer that vantage point. He thought it very likely, by this point. Enthralled though he was by the other, he knew very well that this was not his top priority. Not when drama was afoot.

Uta

"Constancia," Claudius said mildly, even pleasantly. "What a pleasure to see you again. It has been a long time, hasn't it?" Of course, the last time they had seen each other had been even less pleasant than the current circumstances. His father was not the only one who had a history with the Cappadocian clan. He himself had a long and storied past with them, though that had mostly been during his relative youth. Many, many years ago. One never did forget Constancia, though.

She was rather inimitable. "This man is my husband, Vincenzo." Even as Vinny held back and placed a steadying hand upon Claudius's arm, Claudius placed his own hand upon Vinny's hand, as if to assure him that he would not allow this... woman to harm him. It was probably fortunate that it was he and not someone else that she chose to confront, as Claudius had long lessons in patience and even in diplomacy.

As far as he was concerned, this would be nothing but a... nice... little chat. Yes. "Unfortunately Ambrogino is not here." Nor did Claudius get the impression that he intended to be there, whatsoever. But that was not this Cappadocian's business, whatever she might think. "You did warn them about my father," he agreed mildly, for she had. As for the rest of her remarks, well. He'd found that listening was a rare trait... and in those days his father had been charming enough to talk a saint into perdition. He still was. It was just that the cat was, as it were, out of the bag now. But these were not topics for her.

Seussi

Uta

◕ Roleplay: Vampires

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas