Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
Survived the 30's - 70's...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When were you born?
1930's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1940's
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1950's
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
1960's
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
1970's
64%
 64%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 51

King Card

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:10 am
The 30's and 40's were for them gangsters that paid off the government, and could get away with murder easily if planned right. Soldiers had shitty wepons, no vests, no protection.

The 50's and 60's were some wierd decades

The 70's was the first of Hood' gangs like Bloodz, cKrabs, and all that s**t

The 80's and 90's had the most deaths and shootings and gang violence ever. surprised And then this is when s**t started getting introduced to the public instead of the government keeping it to themselves

2000's
The fattest and lazyiest decade ever.

*Still waiting for automatic weapon ban to expire*

I guess gun laws back then were a lot nicer, and thanks to movies in the 80's and 90's and all the shootings, we got stuck with shitty gun laws.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:37 am
i'm disappointed in a way that this kid has been banned, can you let him back in for 5 minutes so i can whack him with my brolly??  

jellysundae

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:35 am
This kid is an interesting case... he pm'd me after his banning to know why. Sadly, he's an inner-city kid and he understood the language issue. Said it's the same at his school so he could tone that down. For some reason he wants to hang out with the old folks. I actually felt kind of bad for him. His pm's were respectful which is a nice change. Kinda sad when a 13 year old would rather spend time on the computer talking to us oldby's then risk being outside in a neighborhood that is most likely not very safe. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:10 am
his only interest seemed to be guns though confused i know that comes from being from a city and having to put on a front so you don't get the crap kicked out of you, sad situation to be in though  

jellysundae

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:15 am
He was wrong about the gang crap, When I was in New York in the 50's we lived in a neighborhood that was run by The EgyptionKings and Dragons. I forgot all about that. Every time we went to school we got robbed of our school lunch money by them. I was never so glad to be rid of that place.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:47 pm
Thanks for the thread it made me smile.

8 tracts, roller skates, pet rocks..........those where the days.  

Jendaya

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:21 pm
Lil Brat
This kid is an interesting case... he pm'd me after his banning to know why. Sadly, he's an inner-city kid and he understood the language issue. Said it's the same at his school so he could tone that down. For some reason he wants to hang out with the old folks. I actually felt kind of bad for him. His pm's were respectful which is a nice change. Kinda sad when a 13 year old would rather spend time on the computer talking to us oldby's then risk being outside in a neighborhood that is most likely not very safe. gonk

I only lived the first ten years of my life in the 70s, so I don't get on this thread too often, but I support Lil Brat letting King Card, the gangsta orderly back in, he's shown enough respect to apologize, anyway. I'll take what I can get!

But I'm still calling him an orderly until he sneaks me some smokes or candy bars or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:17 am
Harbone
Lil Brat

I only lived the first ten years of my life in the 70s, so I don't get on this thread too often, but I support Lil Brat letting King Card, the gangsta orderly back in, he's shown enough respect to apologize, anyway. I'll take what I can get!

But I'm still calling him an orderly until he sneaks me some smokes or candy bars or something.

I watched the kids posts, he quit logging into Gaia shortly after he started talking about suicide.
King Card
I guess I'm lucky. But I think that suicide is an option for me to take. sweatdrop ******** this rap gig thing, ******** gaia, ******** life! I think pulling the trigger will make it all go away.

Lil-Jo
Crew

jellysundae

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:05 am
neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:51 pm
I don't know the kid and I never had the chance to respond to him, but I have to wonder what happened to him. I look at the fact that he came here to hang out, with older people, which to me seems like he was looking for some sort of support. Being a parent and a parent that has always opened our house to kids in need, I have to have some worry, he is only 13... a lot younger than my own kids.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

jellysundae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:49 am
let's hope the stuff about pulling the trigger was typical teen melodrama then neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:41 pm
Yeah, I made a few of those threats myself in the throes of teen angst. I really do hope he's okay.  

Harbone
Crew

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:16 pm
Yes, he did have me worried. I was pm'ing him for awhile, but haven't heard back. Having worked with teen "gangstas", and given they were locked down, yes they really were bangers, his wanting to hang out with the older crowd gave me the feeling that he was looking for moral support and encouragement. I felt bad about banning him given we are a public guild and he hadn't asked for official membership. He had indicated he would lay off the language and gang thing... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:16 pm
Well, I don't really mind the "gangsta" stuff myself. I always assume half of that's made up, anyway. But I do feel, in principle, we oldsters do have a duty to bug the young'uns when they start posting incoherent youngster stuff on our threads. They tease us, we tease back. The banning stuff tells them we're serious, but you lifted the ban, right, Lil? That's good enough to say: "We're reasonable, here, but cool it."  

Harbone
Crew

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:35 am
Well, I found him... He is using another name, King-Card... with the (-), I sent him a short message, but haven't heard anything back.  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff