Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
My friends play D&D : [ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Play D&D with them?
  AGH! God, no!
  If your friends are nerds, you probably are too. Just play.
View Results

xXBRIMSTONEXx

Adorable Husband

8,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Isho Von Ra
DannoP
Pretty much all my friends play Dungeons and Dragons, but I don't want to sink to that level of nerdiness, though they continuously request I play with them. What do I do!?

It not as bad as you think, I used to think I will not sink that low before I started to play RPG.

Your best bet to is to find & play a different role-playing system, D&D hardly cut the grade for a RPG.

Im sorry I have to disagree with you. D&D was the father of RPG. It was one of the first if the first mass accepted RPG. And it would still be as good as it was back in the day had they not sold it out of TSR control to those lame a** Wizards of the Coast. WotC should have stuck to card games instead of dumming down a great game system. 3rd edition is a joke. Look at second edition, back when D&D was something special, not another werewolf rip-off.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:26 am
I think playing D&D is one of those things that, even if you embrace you're nerdiness, you're still embarrased to admit. I will say this though: don't diss it until you've actually experienced it. That doesn't just apply to D&D, that goes for everything.  

ShyGuy2

Fascienne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:31 pm
Just only go to one campaign and not become a main character.. Then again I tried that and now I am an ArtsyNErd...I DISBELIEVE!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:00 pm
Play the game. At least try it. You can always quit if you don't like it. I thought I wouldn't like it, but it turns out I love it. Because of D&D, I was able to stretch my imagination, and now, I think, and a fairly good Rper and Rp gamer.

Levle 15 Drow Arcane Archer, and proud of it.

Isto Velve

Idiosyncratic Rain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:51 am
Aaah! D&D. I had but a tiny idea what that was until a few months ago. My boyfriend plays with his brothers and friends once a week. I've been thinking of plunging into it but it seems so complex. And I am so shy I'd probably have trouble giving my ideas for the story. o.O

But I don't see why people would be ashamed of playing. It is a game. Should other people be ashamed they love to play chess? or someother board games? Or maybe even cards? No. Then why be ashamed of D&D?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:04 pm
DnD woohoo!  

Warangel Zenith

Scarlet Lace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:47 am
You should give it a try.

I've been wanting to learn to play for a while, but I didn't have anyone to play with. Then I found some friends who used to play, but they stopped cause their DM sucked. They were talking about finding a new DM and playing again, but I haven't heard any more.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:34 am
I used to feel the same way. When I was like 15, my boyfriend played DnD and I was like "wow, and I thought I was a dork!"

But my boyfriend now LOVES to roleplay, he's the God of storytellers, and he got me trying it all. Vampire the Masquerade is better though, or at least to me. And somehow, I don't feel quite as dorky.

So are you afraid to play DnD because other people might consider you a nerd? Who ******** cares? ...Or are you afraid you might like it? It's not the end of the world!

AND if you play it and don't like it, then you can tell your friends at least you tried, and they'll stop bugging you.  

SoullessTenshi

BoxyBlue

Dapper Codger

7,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:14 am
Bah! Play! DnD is very nice, whether it's for the heck of it, or for the ability to play an alter ego, it's quite an experience. You may not like it, or you may love it. Personally, I love it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:22 pm
just try it. it won't bite (unless someone involved is a werewolf mrgreen )

look at it this way: they could be asking you to LARP (live action role-play). It requires a total inability to care what people think when they look at you dressed up like a barbarian warrior with a foam sword chasing a guy dressed as a dragon around a public park.  

demonic possession

MokieMorty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:31 am
I perfer SuperHero/Sci-Fi roleplays, myself. ^^ I could never get into D&D. Just tell them it's not your thing. Or maybe, try it once, and if you dont like it, just say no.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:29 am
i play D&D with my friends after school every Thursday cool i love it  

SakiKitty

AS87_fanwriter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:38 pm
GAH! *falls over* D&D is not nerdy!!! It's really geeky, but "nerdy" NEVER comes into play. crying Please don't call us nerds. I happen to love D&D, and my school's gaming club was founded on it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:04 am
(Excuse the Avatar, saving money for a new clothing update)

I've always wanted to play D&D, I've been a RP fan since I began playing FF, Maybe that's what I'll ask for for christmas. biggrin  

Raiju Saito

Little Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:34 pm
My ex loves D and D... and my friends the Midget and Miz Kio are getting into it. My ex and the Midget tried to get me to join once or twice, but I'm not rpging type of person. From what I've seen it could be fun.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games