Reply Manga Maniacs Forum
Manga - Expensive? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:55 pm
In USA, English version of manga costs about $10 USD each (sometimes less sometimes more). But they're all close to $10 USD.
Chinese version is about $5 USD. Also varies, but yeahh around $5 USD..

In Hong Kong, Chinese version is uhmm Idk. xDD
But it's pretty cheap. ^____^ Cheap is the only price I know for HK.
English version : I really have NO clue..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:14 pm
In my area, Books-A-Million is almost always having a 3 for 2 sale. =D So, I've gotten quite a lot of free books. And I have a discount, so it's only like nine dollars a book. ^-^ I'm prett happy about it.  

Irrelevantly Named

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Crystal Dragon Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:43 pm
Manga here where I live are about $10, tax included. The shonen are about 8 dolors. And most of the yaoi titles I buy are about 12 dolors. I don't think they are that expensive. Plus I have a discount card for almost every book store I buy my manga in.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:09 pm
order online at barnes and noble .com with a membership and its only$8 something 3nodding  

spin the wheel of time

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:53 am
I'm in trinidad right now, and I found a couple volumes in the corner of a book store....and they cost....$80 DOLLARS crying !!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:56 pm
they are like ten dollars USD where i live.
T.T
why can't manga be cheaper??  

Kobayashi Haruka

Snarkeh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:41 pm
$10 a book doesn't seem a lot, but it does add up, considering most people buy the whole series which may be over 10 volumes long. And one volume doesn't last long, about a half hour of reading, while most paperback novels cost less then $10, and can last for quite a while. I only buy manga on occasion now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:36 pm
$10 USD does add up. If you have a Barnes & Noble employee discount though, it's a bit more affordable (30% off, booyah)!

In Japan I bought a couple of Outlaw Star mangas for 210 yen each (a little over $2 USD). Crazy. Here, the standard trade paperback book is between $4 and $6. Wouldn't it be nice if manga was that cheap...?  

[ Final Omega ]

Friendly Explorer

5,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50

Dark_Angel2235

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:35 pm
It is $9.99 where I live. And it is not that much to me..... I once blow over $200 on Inuyasha and Dears.......  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:20 am
I say it's cheap. It's $28 dollars in Hong Kong. Put that into US dollars and it would be...about 3-4 dollars.

Ehclipse Mint

Fasal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:57 am
hmm its around $10 but theres some more cheaper and some more expensive and my mom is comlaining im spending to much money on them stare and not saving all the money i spent for college  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 am
In my country, Barbados, Manga is really expensive, $34Barbados dollars, that is $68 American dollars, but in America it only cost $7 to $20, that I have seen so far. Barbados sucks, when it comes too that stuff. sweatdrop  

Shy Love Prince

ambercrystal

Blessed Cutie-Pie

5,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 pm
I'd say that manga is an average price in Sydney Australia. Depending on where you shop of course. At Kinokuniya in the city, which is the best place to buy manga in english near where I live, they cost between $12-25 australian dollars.
Borders is much more expensive. When I was buying Fruits Basket, I spent $14.95 per volume at Kinokuniya and at Borders they were around $16.95!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 am
<3 manga's just $10 each, depending on the publisher. The prices went up on some though >_>
I don't mind the price, we have to support the mangaka and the translators d: orr just go to used bookstores, there usually around $5 each xD <3  

xXNightRose14Xx

Raine in AliceLand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:02 pm
It' varies from $8.99 to $10.99 where I live. But also my library has a used book sale every few months and the manga they sell are only 50 cents AND in good condition biggrin so I get a lot of manga that way. heart  
Manga Maniacs Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff