Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
BAND NERDS! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love band?
  Yes. <333
View Results

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:00 pm
Well, I've been playing in band since I was in 6th grade, and playing tenor sax since 7th grade (I started band with an alto). I was in the marching band throughout high school, and I must say that you will have a lot of fun with it.

Anyway, I just started college recently and I'm only in Jazz Band. I'm one of the tenor saxophonists, but I started learning clarinet because one of the songs requires me to play with it for half the piece.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:29 am
i dont think anyone really sticks with their original instrument. they either learn another one or want to. i started with the baritone, but now i play the trombone, clairnet, trumpet, percussion, and tuba/sousa.  

the halfhuman alchemist

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:06 pm
keiko the wolf
i dont think anyone really sticks with their original instrument. they either learn another one or want to. i started with the baritone, but now i play the trombone, clairnet, trumpet, percussion, and tuba/sousa.
Well, I still play the tenor saxophone, and I've been playing that since 7th grade.

Although, to be fair, my original instrument was actually the alto saxophone, which I only played in 6th grade as well as part of 7th.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:22 pm
The_Ky-Guy
keiko the wolf
Well, I still play the tenor saxophone, and I've been playing that since 7th grade.

Although, to be fair, my original instrument was actually the alto saxophone, which I only played in 6th grade as well as part of 7th.
see i told you whee . most people just get bored of their original instrument or realize they suck at the one they already play.  

the halfhuman alchemist

demonic possession

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:15 pm
i'm not in band, but i was in colorguard for a year, and gosh it was fun. But marching in the Texas heat (100 degrees plus) was very literally hell since we had to wear cargos and teeshirts that went at least halfway down our upper arms and we only got a water break once an hour.

But I quit in favour of...

ORCHESTRA!!!

(I play violin and/or string bass as needed)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:45 pm
yes orchestra rules i have played violin for 2 years now going on 3 years

from 6th-8th grade present and i sit 1st chair violin hehehe

and i got to play with woodwinds this year and that was cool  

goldmaste78

demonic possession

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:06 pm
i used to be 1st chair always, too.

then i got to high school. i was demoted to 2nd chair, 2nd violins at best.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:48 pm
keiko the wolf
The_Ky-Guy
keiko the wolf

see i told you whee . most people just get bored of their original instrument or realize they suck at the one they already play.
Well, you got me there. xp  

The_Ky-Guy

Feenix_Fire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:52 pm
I've been playing the flute since Yr 4.
I just finished High school so i've been playing for about 8 years.
LOVE playing it but never was brilliant!
Was in band for all 8 years.
lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:35 pm
i play the flute, piano, wylophone, and im trying to learn E. guitar been playing the flute for like 5 years  

Anja_Starbreeze

7,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250

ryuran123352

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:18 pm
OMG.... Fellow band peeps OO..... Anyone here perform the MA MICCA finals beesides me? No? Okay then^^ I play Baritone horn/Euphonium, Trumpet, and am currently learning trombone^^

Anyone besides me a band geek who loves anime? Thats the reason I'm is the "outcast" group, is I have "nerdy" hobbies... Who cares... When I'm a millionare playing in the Boston symphony, and they're serving hotdogs at the concession stand They'll be sorry....

Oh yeah... I play piano... and a little alto sax.... A little.

I've been doing band since 6th grade I think... But playing trumpet since 5th.

*hugs everyone here* heart Anyone who doesn't like us band kids is stupid. We're smart, we look awesome in uniform, and from lifting heavy instuments, we could kill most of them in a fight... (Well I can....) All thanks to band.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:25 pm
I'm going to play in some concert with my saxophone lessons teacher and some other people on Christmas Eve. We'll be playing stuff like "O Holy Night" and "Angels We Have Heard On High."

If it ever gets videotaped, and I get a copy, I'll try to upload it.  

The_Ky-Guy

demonic possession

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:15 pm
keiko the wolf
The_Ky-Guy
keiko the wolf

or get forced to change like i did.

the one bass we had sucked SOOOO badly that the teacher forced me to switch. I was better than him within three days of first playing my new instrument.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:26 am
Oh man, I was in band from fifth grade until twelfth! whee SUCH an awesome time!! Concert band from grade five to grade ten, wind ensemble/marching band grades eleven and twelve! I'm a percussionist, and honestly, if my college had a band, I'd still be in it. 3nodding

*note: In my school, the wind ensemble was the better of the bands and also did marching band during the football season. Sadly, we didn't compete as a marching band, only as a wind ensemble. But either way, it was a lot of fun. whee

Priea

Rogue.Squirrel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:38 pm
I play clarinet and at my last football game this year I dropped my music while marching. It was sad because i'm ONE THE END IN THE FRONT ROW and I managed to drop it and had to leave it and continue marching. Anyways I was really mad because I'm the only sophmore in my squad and the rest of them are upper classman and they PUT ME ON THE END. Oh well at least I don't have to endure that anymore.

I liked marching but the practices were really annoying because the Main drum major likes to pick on me.... don't worry I got my revenge on him.

I told him my Grandma had the same shoes as him. It was funny.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games