Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Best Game Series EVER...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Video Game Series Ever?
  Final Fantasy
  Madden
  Dynasty Warriors
  Zelda
  Mario
  Other(Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, Dragon Quest, etc.)
View Results

Koravin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:49 pm
Kurzon_Dax, I just want to say I adore you for your username, and your sig of Tron and Star Trek. Amazing. Oh, and Square always wins. Final Fantasy VI is my all time favorite game.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:12 pm
I love Zelda games.... I grew up with Zelda games and theres just something about being able to save the word multiple times and still not being able to kill chickens xp  

Dracina Dragonfire

Familiar Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100

Jak T Chance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:23 am
Kurzon_Dax
Jak T Chance
Final Fantasy ONLY because of Chrono Trigger

Chrono trigger has nothing to do with Final Fantasy except that its made by Square Enix
Chrono Trigger is a FF spinoff and it uses the Masamune  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:51 pm
Jak T Chance
Kurzon_Dax
Jak T Chance
Final Fantasy ONLY because of Chrono Trigger

Chrono trigger has nothing to do with Final Fantasy except that its made by Square Enix
Chrono Trigger is a FF spinoff and it uses the Masamune

Yes, but it is not classified as a Final Fantasy, and since Square Enix owns it ,they can do that, but it is not a Final Fantasy  

Kurzon_Dax

Cameltosis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:20 pm
In regards to the poll, I would love to say Crash Bandicoot. The original was the first game I ever got for my Playstation which was also my first console, and I had to work damn hard to get it (had to be ready for school before a certain time - it's tough when you're 5 years old).

However! Ever since Naughty Dog was removed from the picture the games just became lacking. 1, 2, 3 and CTR were solid, fun games. Crash Bash obviously had some problems in the production values department (and who the hell is Rillaroo?!) I passed the Wrath of Cortex in a day. Although I was obviously not the child who fell in love with Crash at this point, it was very apparent that whoever the developers were now had lost it. I haven't played further installments since. Even my little sister who tried Twinsanity said it was horrible, and she's quite easy to please in gaming terms.

It's all very disappointing. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:07 pm
I love all those games but I've never liked any of them better than the original Phantasy Star series on the Genesis.  

Aquatic_Denizen

Dragonsoulj

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:22 pm
I said Zelda, since it is awesome, and since I have never really played FF.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:41 pm
Final Fantasy Rocks! biggrin  

Sono Kaname

AspergersKitty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:53 pm
I like Final Fantasy. My dad played on the original one when I was little, I loved to watch. Then I started playing it..and now my sister is playing it... It's a good game without being really gory or um, bad. I really liked the first two Breath of Fires, but the rest sucked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:09 pm
I was thniking FF but then again I love Zelda and the Mario games too... I cant decide so I vote for all 3.  

Lepota

GirlPuck

Dedicated Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:45 pm
OK, I'm going to go on a complete tangent, but my favourite game series would have to be the Myst series. I do enjoy the action type games from time to time, but I tend to go more for the puzzle stuff.

Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation and End of Ages, along with Uru, are among the best puzzle based games I have ever played and they all contain an enjoyable plot that develops through each game. And the characters are all quite exuberant as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:35 pm
Legend of Zelda.

The Mario platformers are always awesome, but the franchise itself has had too many spin-offs for my liking. LoZ has stuck with its strengths more or less since it began.  

Altae

AquaMoonMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:36 pm
Jerelkath nar Kiranka
Kara_Nari
I swear to god, I am the only person in the world that doesn't like final fantasy.

You're not alone. I also can't stand the Final Fantasy series.
I'm with you guys, personally I don't like the final fantasy series, my vote went for zelda though since it's my oldest favorite  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:33 am
Final Fanatsy has always been my fav ^^
I love 12 heart
tho it's gonna be AGES til I get to play 13 since PS3 is so damn expensive sweatdrop

I also like the Suikoden Games... 3 was a bit hard to figure out the story order tho... but I really liked 5  

AngeIIusMalus

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:06 pm
Three words: NEED FOR SPEED. I have the following games from this series, the numbering is here to count the total number of released games.:
  • NFS 4 High Stakes
  • NFS 5 Porsche
  • NFS Hot Pursuit 2
  • NFS Underground
  • NFS Underground 2
  • NFS Most Wanted
  • NFS Carbon

The Gran Turismo series is not bad, but well, the only game that's truly worth it is GT4. That's because every game is pretty much the previous one with more options. The NFS games, however, are mostly different: High Stakes is about gambling, Hot Pursuit 2 is about outrunning the cops, Underground 1 and 2 are about street racing, while Most Wanted and Carbon are kinda like a blend of Underground 2, High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games