Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Why Geeks and Nerds are Worth It Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give a nerd a
  cookie?
  try!
View Results

scruffy01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:54 pm
everyone is somewhat nerdy ... admit it!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:48 pm
I a nerd and I'm proud of it!

Just joined this Guild, how is every one doing? biggrin  

relic2222

the_noodle00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:39 am
I didnt read all of them but I totally agree.
I have aways thought of nerdy guys as wayyyy cuter!! Tried to convince my friend but she said she wants a hunky man..lol  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:20 pm
Most girls I've encountered tend to give off the delusion that they want a prince in shining armor and riding a war steed to sweep them off their feet. That's why they jump at the guy in the football gear and the car. They of course fail to notice the cloaked figure at the back of the room who goes by the name 'Strider' and we all know what his deal is and where he ends up.

Needless to say I'm a nerd who is beaten to the chase every time by one of the halfway guys who have what it takes to make the first move, and after all this time it's left me a bit less sweet and kind than I used to be.

That and I've been implied into believing that I'm ugly as sin.  

Krago

the_noodle00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:36 pm
Thats sad!! I am not really one of the nerdy people persay...*cough* but I love nerdy guys!

You want someone to make you tons of money? Don't marry a jock.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:25 pm
Shmaba
Being a nerd myself I feel a bit insulted by this. Either the fact that it's a very sterotypical view or the fact that it really is true. Or I guess I might just be embarrassed by it redface

I think the real reason geeks don't get that much love is because we're usually not as exciting as "the flashy guy", or really really shy. Most probably will be more loving but they won't know where to begin. Some would have trouble approching a girl without feeling like an idiot. Atleast that's with my experience sweatdrop

Girls! Make the first move! It helps 3nodding

Three out of the four guys I have been really interested in were geeks, so don't stress over the exciting part. Most of the time it is not true. The shy part is true though. One guy I liked that was a nerd was always nice and fun to talk to, as long as you were with a group. Whenever I tried to talk to him alone, however, it was very awkward. stressed
And I have to say over all the statements are true, despite the steriotyping.  

Dunedien

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:33 pm
im actually not a total geek myself, but i always love the geeky guys at school.

i hate the football jocks who cant even remember my name and instead they call me 'sexy gal' or other inappropriate names and only like me for the way i look.

the guy i have a crush on now is a computer/drama geek kinda guy whos really funny and fun and i think hes cute in a geeky sorta way...

...except i dont think he's ever had a girl like him before so he doesnt have a clue i like him at all crying he just thinks i like to talk to him a lot and watch his youtube videos of pokemon with him and nothing else.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 am
I myself am a Geek. I work at a bookstore and happened to find a book called Geek. It had a woman on the cover who had glasses on.

One of my friends, who is definitely not a geek flipped through it laughing. She flipped one page and I said hold it let me see that. It had Al and Ed from Full Metal Alchemist on it. I said I watch that and that my bf (who is a computer programmer btw) watches it and reads. Then I covered my face as she laughed at me.

That was the moment that I admitted to myself that I was a geek. When I recognized something out of a magazine called Geek. You know that's funny.

I'm going to college now to become a computer programmer and a webmaster. Plus I am a book and anime freak (manga too). So I am definitely a geek.

The power will fall to us geeks anyway.

Someone asked me why I wanted to go into computer programming.

My reply...
Computers are going to take over the world one day... and I plan to be the one programming them. *evil smile*

It's a Geek Takeover!!!!!!  

MacAnimeGirl

the_noodle00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:58 pm
We probably otnumber the 'normal' people.
I think I'm an artsy/ gothy geek if thats possible. It really depends on the day.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:22 pm
You know, you'd think a nerdy female could get some attention, but I don't. I mean, I'm brilliant, not terrible looking, and supremely nerdy. I out-nerd all the guys I know. I just wish I could find another nerdy girl to date.  

Koravin

Machine Deity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:54 pm
I think this deserves a sticky. ;O <3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:27 pm
Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit the earth.  

lazy bonz

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:54 am
Koravin
You know, you'd think a nerdy female could get some attention, but I don't. I mean, I'm brilliant, not terrible looking, and supremely nerdy. I out-nerd all the guys I know. I just wish I could find another nerdy girl to date.

Well if you consider that 95% of the population is straight and 50% are male you're left with 2.5% before you even add "nerd" to the equation.
(I think actually 49% are male, but 50 is easier to work with)

Keep holding out though, I'm a bisexual nerdy female and so are you* so there must be more out there!

*(Well I don't know if you're bi- or homosexual, but anyway)

Heh, any chance you're vegetarian and live in Georgia? ; )

(Oh yeah, about 1% of the population is vegan, making my odds of finding compatible girl about .025% ? before even factoring age or intelligence etc.)

Anyway I second most of the stuff that was said about nerds in the OP, I wouldn't say they're good kissers, though we are fast learners.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Now you just need to factor the total population of the Earth.
Those 0.025%`s will get very interesting...

Then add a common ground that all of us here share (access to Internet), and the chances get waaay better!  

Lexarius

Arachnakid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:55 am
So true! I've never dated a nerd (ok, so I've never dated...anyway! Back to topic!) but all of my friends are geeks and nerds. Most of them are guys for some reason...but they treat me like one of the pack, and I can be myself without somebody saying something to make me feel like sh**. It does help that I'm a geek/nerd myself, but pretty much anybody can sit with us, talk with us, etc. as long as they're not trying to cause trouble. Almost all of the nerds I have ever met are very sweet, and nicer to me than I really deserve. I would reccomend any of them for a boyfriend (or husband!) 3nodding  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games