Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Labu $$$ Inflation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetto1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:56 am
I just worked out an estimate (I'm bored ok? razz ) for how much it would cost if you bought every single labu necklace there is in the marketplace, without the weird ones on the last page for like 4 billion each.

And it comes to...

438,498,120 gold

LOL  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:23 pm
and not including all the ones out there that are not currently in the market...... sweatdrop  

yoshizuki-chan

Cornetto1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:16 am
Yeah...

Plus dropping 1500+ of them into the marketplace is gonna cause major deflation, would have to be done slowly and that would take time.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:37 am
yeah, so in other words,
this plan is good for passing time, but not actually earning gold  

yoshizuki-chan

Cornetto1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:53 am
Guess so, if they buy all of them from 0-150 gold, and manage to keep it at 150 they could make a big profit, however, that would take a lot of work to keep it that high and unloading all of the necklaces would only exacerbate the deflation.

If they took it in turns to sell and then the other person buy's out all the competition beneath them, it could work with very big profits, an average of 50 gold profit per sale with "just" 1.5k of them would make 75k neutral

However, finding someone willing to buy 1.5k of labu necklaces could be hard wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:03 pm
ill join in put i only have a few ks of g  

cethera

cethera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:03 pm
itll work but it has to be done over time  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:27 pm
i will be doing it over time. plus you can only have a max of four items on the market (or maybe its four of the same item, but i already know i can only have 4 up at the same time). if i do it the way i plan to, they will get bought out with in seconds. and yes, this will take a long time. ill do it to basically pass the time when im not playing slots, on the forum, or being an exchange wh0re  

enigma3

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:10 pm
well the reason they are disappearing within seconds is because the item is relatively new, and very cheap
once you bring the price up and it becomes an old item, it naturally takes longer to sell  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:40 am
Last I checked, the page count was 171. That is well down from the 220 or so when this started.  

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 pm
well, things like chickie masks for example have gone up in prices since when they first came out, but now it takes a while to sell each
maybe it's the same with all event items  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:38 pm
Labu's are holding steady at 98 gold.  

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

enigma3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:43 pm
thats why im saving up 200k for a month, so i can buy enough to make it jump  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:48 pm
well, when you first started it was around 100 gold each right? even after all that buying, the price didn't change.....

risky business, that  

yoshizuki-chan

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:40 am
yoshizuki-chan
well, when you first started it was around 100 gold each right? even after all that buying, the price didn't change.....

risky business, that

There were still a lot listed at 40 - 75 at that time, the perception has changed to the item being worth a little more. Items are only worth what people think they are worth.

There are only 167 pages now, and they are holding steady at 99+  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces