Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Red Ribbon Meaning[Eclipse Cover Spoiler] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dominic Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:07 pm
It seems to me that the rip is representing of where her life ends as a mortal and begins as a vampire. There are still some threads holding the ribbon together, however thin they are. So, there is still the connection to her mortal life even though now she's in her immortal one. Then, the winding is because her life is now intwined with Edward's because now they can live together.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:17 pm
Dominic Knight
It seems to me that the rip is representing of where her life ends as a mortal and begins as a vampire. There are still some threads holding the ribbon together, however thin they are. So, there is still the connection to her mortal life even though now she's in her immortal one. Then, the winding is because her life is now intwined with Edward's because now they can live together.
Hey!
I sort of love you. biggrin

Cute_honor_student666

Dominic Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:00 pm
Cute_honor_student666
Dominic Knight
Hey!
I sort of love you. biggrin

Thanks. I'm glad to have found this guild. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:35 pm
Well, if it's supposed to give a lot away, It should be signifigant.
I always come back to the Edward/Bella thing. I have no evidence of it, though.
Lol, all of yours is like, about the Volturi and whatnot.
I'm here saying 'EDWARD AND BELLA LOLOL'
;--;
I'm going to loose sleep over this now. D<

Aris`

Soul of Solitude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:49 am
+Doesn't look very appetizing

It kills me to say this, but I think the torn ribbon has something to do with Edward, Bella, and their relationship. If you read on the Eclipse site, there is an exerpt from the book. It kinda looks like Bella and Edward are sorta...over. *cries* It's sad, and may have nothing to do with anything about the cover, but thats what I got out of it.

Well, it's no irritable grizzly+

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:09 am
I dont think Bella and Edward will ever be completely over. They will fight and all, about her changing, but I dont think that they will break up. Stephenie may listen to her characters too much, but I dont think she will write a whole story with them apart.

As far as the exerpt, I think Bella could be over reacting about the kiss, and nothing could be happening. Beginnings *are* meant to draw us in and make spazzes out of us. wink  

Alisox
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100

Raezyn101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:31 pm
-coughcoughhackchoke-
Go re-read your Twilight, guys.
Stephenie describes the kiss almost exactly the same as the time before he leaves her on the James incident.
Re-read your New Moon.
Stephenie describes this almost identicle before he leaves her.

Now re-read that passage; 'like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us.'

I'm not saying he's leaving, but rather showing that it's basically the same. An event is going to screw their relationship.
That's just my idea. :3

As for the cover...-goes to make an announcement-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:59 am
Cause the books go from twilight a slightly dark beggining to new moon things are more complicated and darker eclipse it all gos dark mabey i don't know its just a theory.

Do you think its possible for Bella to choose Jacob over Edward?  

glasspistol

mimickeri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:42 am
man this is cryptic. is it significant at all that there are only two (major) strands holdning the ribon together?

and maybe it has something to do with bella becoming a vampire, if Edward does turn her into one isn't he breaking the contract?

and I don't know about Bella choosing Jacob over Edward. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Jacob to death, but I don't think that relationship would seem complete after all she's been through with Edward. For their relationship to just kind of end seems... wrong. or maybe unbelievable? I don't know. I feel bad for Jacob.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:45 am
Well its a ribbon. The threads are breaking. It could represent a number of things. But I'm think thats its about Edward and Bella, maybe about there love.

Or with what the person above me said. It could be about her mortality about it broke when Edward turned her into a vampire.  

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200

mjcullen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:18 pm
i think it might have something to do with all hell breaking loose. i mean with that vampire going around killling people so it says and the volturi, and graduation coming around it looks like everything is coming to a head all at once. some things in here might be the final strands left..

Cute_honor_student666 who is that HOTTIE in your siggy??! *he's yummy!* eek

p.s: i remember that story with the girl who had a ribbon around her neck. that ribbon was holding her severed head to her neck so idk if that might be it lol sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:52 pm
heart If you loved me...

Hmm, it's a fairly cryptic cover, but I believe that it signifies a major change. Such as Bella becoming a Vampire (this being the most obvious) and it may signify a whole bunch of stuff all at once. There are a lot of threads in one piece of ribbon.

...would you donate to my Chyaku Norisu? 13k/64k

-Radioactive Brat-

[dancing]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:57 am
Well it deffinately symbolizes something but it is probably in that book....like the other too so we probably can't quess what it means until we read the book.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:09 pm
i think that the ribbon represents bella's life....
and how its beginning to fall apart,
the biggest thing i want to know is how jake is going to fit in the story line...
i mean he was pretty jerky at the end of new moon, i wonder what bella will do or say to him...lolz rolleyes  

rocker_chick1991

Kairi2 x33

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:18 pm
Well, I believe that the ribbon being frayed is bella being torn between Edward and Jacob.

Now I love Both of these guys and how they look after Bella but she has to pick one or the other.

If you look on the Stephenie Meyer site it even says "In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob—knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf."

So wut i think is that she chooses one over the other and the conflict between the two groups arise quickly.

Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff