No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
How do you deal with childhood abuse? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you go though some type of abuse as a child?
  Yes.
  No, and I'm happy that I didn't.
View Results

Sotur

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:50 pm
i know what comparison feels like. i hate it, too. tho i suppose i was graced with having a psychologist that didn't compare me; she just made insinuations so as to say she understood the pressure i'm going thru. don't go anymore, tho many times wonder if i should go back. anyway, i think simple talking might have helped u. tho of course i dont know for sure, i can speak on behalf of my experience, which tells that it does indeed help relieve some pressure. no, the problem doesn't get solved, but sometimes u get suggestions of ways to deal with it that perhaps u hadnt thought of. plus, the mere action of letting it out seems to help, at least in my case. even if it's just rambling on for about an hour, it helped me bcs i had someone to tell, someone sworn to silence about what went on, what i told her, someone that wouldn't simply tell me "it'll be ok", but listened. i'd say that's the important part, listening. NOT COMPARING. u might use examples, relate things, but NEVER compare a situation u are not going thru. it does, indeed, make them seem less important, when they are definitely NOT less. the problems will get fixed, but saying that won't fix them; in due time, it will pass, we just never know how long that'll be. everyone has their problems, situations, and the likes. we just need to deal with them. however, in the lack of a better way to deal with it, it's good to let off some steam by talking.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:14 pm
Yeah, therapists are evil.  

LadyTimePiece

High-functioning Flashback

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500

K1T3

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:03 pm
i was once told to go to therapists. i don't need them i use music to relax and let out my anger. the essentials to let out your held abck energy

gf/ or bf
video games
hobby
music
friends  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items