Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
[ + ] the black cross [ + ] OOC and PROFILES; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:48 pm
Perhaps they could be the Hospitalier Pard? But that implies a much more religious bend...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:21 pm
Yeahhh, I'm just not sure what the pard should be called... D: Maybe we'll have to do some research, heh.  

Freak Show Excess

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:28 pm
leopard titles (for their pack leaders and whatever) are pulled from french, wolf packs seem to be pulled from german,

OTHERWISE, it just has to do with their animal, the pack, or some siginificant something.

thronnos rokkos clan is named so because they have a throne rock at their meeting place for the lupenar.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:33 am
Is there a particular common attribute throughout the entire pard? I can find a bunch of synonyms for it in French, if you'd like... ninja  

Ifailedmywillsave

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:32 pm
Maze, this is for you; well and other weres.;

Reaction to vampire's call
Lycanthropes can be "called" and commanded by a vampire with the ability to call their species of animal. Sufficiently powerful lycanthropes can resist a vampire's call, or even interfere with the call, preventing the vampire from calling other lycanthropes or animals. For example, Rafael, as the Rat King, was able to prevent Nikolaos from calling actual rats and from calling wererats against their will.

Similarly, sufficiently powerful shapeshifters, such as Richard, are able to look vampires in the eyes without being affected by their mental powers.

and for everyone :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapeshifters_(Anita_Blake_mythology)

SORRY FOR THE SERIOUSLY PATHETICALLY SHORT PYRITE POST, there wasnt much to say until i got a response D:  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:34 pm
Ah! Thanks, Ed, I'd been wondering about that. biggrin

And it is alright! At least it's a post! D: <3

I'm currently working on one, too, but I tend to take forever cause mine run away with me. XD;  

Maze

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:54 pm
i kinda left an opening for hearts to introduce her wereleopard, sebastian is going to check on the new wolf, and doesnt know who's been left on duty to watch her,

or if she ended up becoming unsupervised somehow.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
SORRY, GUYS, SORRY. I will get my rear in gear and get a post (well, a few) up soon!

un de plus pamplemousse

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:13 pm
*lurks* if i get an idea, can i post yet?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:13 pm
okay. i really need us all to come to a consensous about the kinds of magics and amount of flashyness of said magic we're going to allow. i want to flesh out my character marla and vio was also asking about our magic limitations.

we live in a world where a powerful enough curse can turn a woman into a swan for eternity, where lycanthropy is a very real thing, and vampires are a certainty. so. what else, we also have the fae; with their fairy magicks. we need to define our boundaries.

i have plans to make marla and others more powerful through storylines, so we need to figure out what we will and won't find acceptable. weigh in.

-edit- yes ky, you can join, just add your profile to the OOC thread here, you'll put every character you make in that same post.  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:28 pm
Well, let's just make a rule that magic is very taxing on the caster. Like, the more powerful the spell, the more energy it takes to cast the spell. That way, it'll kind of discourage people just going around doing crazy-a** magic, if they have a character that has magical abilities.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:31 am
Are a vampire's abilities all magic? Like, say, my Master Vampire's ability to communicate telepathically with anyone, for instance. Psionics are often distinct from magic in this type of stories, but since I'm not the mosts well-versed person in the Anita Blake verse, I have no clue how it works there.

Actually, I guess you could classify all of his abilities under psionics, but if they don't have them in Anita Blake, I guess that'd be magic, too?

So, um, help?

I do think that the tougher something is (whether it be magic or psionics - if there's a distinction XD), the bigger the effect it has on the caster, though. That's just common sense. Good call, Hache. 3nodding  

Maze

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:41 am
The only problem with that idea, Hearts, is that some will take enormous advantage of that and have a character who is untiring or something. Or has a tremendous link to the system of Nodes (pools of magical energy said to run in channels, ley lines, and such across the world, but especially in places of high magical power like Britain). Perhaps the laws of the magical community limit people to spells which either cannot be detected by the mundane community, or can be explained through mundane means? The disintegration of a person, for instance, is unexplainable - no one does that on their own, therefore it must be magic, and the community is thrown into an uproar against all magicians. A small bit of fire magic centered on a house's gas line, however, could cause an explosion of decent proportions without alerting the non-magic community to anything odd.

I think if they're going to be casting targeted spells, it should be within line of sight, no more than 30 feet away. Hand motions and murmured spells should be a must. Flashy but harmless magics only take place in professional magic shows and to impress other magicians, or to inspire fear. Spells that affect an area instead of a target should be outlawed - the ability to induce mass panic and that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:34 am
Ifailedmywillsave
I think if they're going to be casting targeted spells, it should be within line of sight, no more than 30 feet away. Hand motions and murmured spells should be a must. Flashy but harmless magics only take place in professional magic shows and to impress other magicians, or to inspire fear. Spells that affect an area instead of a target should be outlawed - the ability to induce mass panic and that sort of thing.

Aww.. XD

Sometimes, though, larger spells may be necessary. I'm not saying we should allow them all the time, but perhaps, we can discuss exceptions to the rule and allow them when and if we deem it necessary?  

Maze

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:37 pm
Lyla Donavan
Race: Were-jaguar
Appears: 17
Height: 5’6
Sexuality: Bisexual
Weapon: Lyla actually carries numerous small knives on her person at all times.
Biography: Lyla was born the second of seven girls to a family of devote Christians. Always full of energy, she befriended everyone she met. At 11, while camping with her Girl Scout troop, she was attacked by a crazed jaguar. At the time, her family wondered how a jaguar got to Washington, but brushed the curiosity off, simply glad their little girl managed to survive. However, when the doctors informed her parents that she had traces of jaguar lycanthropy in her blood, she was abandoned in a park in northern New Mexico. She wandered the park for days before she subconsciously stumbled upon the local jaguar troop. The troop was lead by Emilio, a were-jaguar very into the S&M scene and had his troop partake as well. Anxious to not be abandoned again, Lyla became introverted and allowed herself to be used however Emilio saw fit. Through him she met Alastor, a master vampire more into S&M than Emilio, who’s animal to call was the jaguar. Alastor preferred a more dominant companion, so Lyla adjusted according, coming to enjoy inflicting minor pain on others. One day, she and Emilio were invited to an extreme pain session with Alastor. The session ended with her being found bathing in Alastor’s blood, his limbs scattered throughout the room. Lyla was to be punished, but she escaped from the troop, the weight of that night heavy on her mind. Her travels eventually lead her to Philadelphia.
Personality : Lyla’s time in New Mexico causes her to bounce between being submissive and dominant, depending on the situation. As a submissive, she does nothing on her own, is most agreeable, and slightly masochistic. As a dominant, she has a sadistic streak, choosing to playfully toy with/torture those around her.
Appearance : Lyla has bright, curly red hair that she keeps short in a pixie cut and grass green eyes. Both her hair and eyes stand out against her dark complexion. She has a slender build with slight muscle definition. When fully dressed, Lyla typically wears long sleeved shirts and shorts. She has pale scars that decorate her body everywhere but her face. Lyla has 4 tattoos: a dahlia flower on her lower back, the Japanese character for night on her left shoulder, one of a jaguar on her right lower hip/upper thigh, and twin crescent moons on her left ankle as well as an eyebrow and belly piercings.
Distinguishing features: Her tattoos and piercings.

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff