Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 6, 8, 5, 7 Total: 39 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:14 pm
@ Scorpion Hijinx

The Scorpion bowed politely as the Unicorn took his leave and thought back to Kan's tale and repeated it to himself mentally. It had involved the Bloodspeakers, Maho-tsukai who served Iuchiban long ago and who had tried to overthrow the empire. Kojiro wasn't sure, but maybe Jiro might be trying to implicate Kan as one.

OOC Lore: Shadowlands roll. 4k3 last two are incase of explosions.

Results: 29  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 pm
@ Scorpion Hijinks:

It's entirely possible the story was true. It sounds like Bloodspeaker activity to Kojiro! He recalls nothing of that specific event, however. Either it really happened, or Kan did his homework.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 7, 5 Total: 14 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:59 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Duels:

Rain Yupa
Kitsu Kyumi vs. Tamori Makoto (again)

The second match would be underway, and two familiar faces would stand apart from one another again. "Well, I definitely didn't expect this to be our outcomes, Kyumi-san. It's funny how the threads of fate and the whim of chance can bring two destinies around full circle once more, hmm?" Smiling, he would bow to Kyumi.

"Since this is but a mere repeat, I say we move on directly to the action. These fine samurai gathered here don't want to see us scowling at one another again. They've already seen that part. We've learned what we need to from one another. And I have summoned my primary element thrice-fold, I am somewhat at a disadvantage."

Before Kyumi's Match
As Toyoko found herself exhausted and on one knee, Kyumi would quickly come running to her friend's aid, regardless of whether or not it was a good idea. Even if Omi had advised against it, Kyumi would have run to Toyoko. She'd already felt as though she had failed to support her friend once and was not about to do so again.

"Toyoko-san! Are you all right?"Kyumi asked, somewhat worried.

During Kyumi's Match
"You're right. There's no point in delaying." Kyumi would agree and take this as her cue to start summoning her water bushi once more. Once it had taken form, it would ready itself for battle, although it looked more as if it were readying itself to be attacked than to actually attack.

(( Earth- 2, Water- 3, Fire- 1, Air- 2, Void- 1; 2 wounds/level;

First 2 are for inti., rest are in case of explosion. Initiative = 2.

... Really, dice? A TWO?))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 pm
@ Pre-Taryu-Jiai Duel:

No one would stop Kyumi from rushing over to Toyoko's side, with Maru having already vacated the premises and all.

"I'm... I'm fine... just... tired, is all..." Toyoko would respond, trying to get her bearings. She would move to stand, but her legs would not support her, not yet.

"You're hopeless." From behind Kyumi, Isawa Sosuke would be standing over both women, shaking his head. He didn't seem disappointed, however. It was hard to place. Somewhere between relieved and smug.

"What do you want me to tell our parents about how this match went, hmm? I'd like to know myself," Sosuke would ask.

--------------------

@ Taryu-Jiai 4 realz Duel:

Tamori Makoto would blink at the forwardness of the Lioness. Her avatar was already summoned and ready to do battle! "Well! At this point, I believe it is time for you to be underwhelmed. BEHOLD!" He would bring forth his scroll and summoned his own avatar... of air, this time! However, being one of his weaker elements, the warrior was an armored samurai with a sword, but no clear distinction as to clan or style. {Earth-2 Water-1 Fire-1 Air-3 Void-1; TNtbH=17, 2 wounds/level}

Fight!

The bushi of air would seize initiative over the Matsu, moving forward to attack its opposing avatar with a practiced strike! {14 vs TN 12, hit! 7 damage} The sword would cleave into the water, leaving ripples in the Matsu, as it was Hurt!

Kyumi, your avatar has initiative!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 5, 10, 5, 7, 7 Total: 48 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:17 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Pre-Taryu-Jiai Duel:

No one would stop Kyumi from rushing over to Toyoko's side, with Maru having already vacated the premises and all.

"I'm... I'm fine... just... tired, is all..." Toyoko would respond, trying to get her bearings. She would move to stand, but her legs would not support her, not yet.

"You're hopeless." From behind Kyumi, Isawa Sosuke would be standing over both women, shaking his head. He didn't seem disappointed, however. It was hard to place. Somewhere between relieved and smug.

"What do you want me to tell our parents about how this match went, hmm? I'd like to know myself," Sosuke would ask.

--------------------

@ Taryu-Jiai 4 realz Duel:

Tamori Makoto would blink at the forwardness of the Lioness. Her avatar was already summoned and ready to do battle! "Well! At this point, I believe it is time for you to be underwhelmed. BEHOLD!" He would bring forth his scroll and summoned his own avatar... of air, this time! However, being one of his weaker elements, the warrior was an armored samurai with a sword, but no clear distinction as to clan or style. {Earth-2 Water-1 Fire-1 Air-3 Void-1; TNtbH=17, 2 wounds/level}

Fight!

The bushi of air would seize initiative over the Matsu, moving forward to attack its opposing avatar with a practiced strike! {14 vs TN 12, hit! 7 damage} The sword would cleave into the water, leaving ripples in the Matsu, as it was Hurt!

Kyumi, your avatar has initiative!

@ Pre-Taryu-Jiai Duel:

Kyumi wasn't quite sure how to react. While she was familiar with Toyoko, she found that she didn't really know anything about Sosuke. If Toyoko had mentioned much of anything about him earlier in the day, Kyumi had been a bit too preoccupied with trying to learn what was on the scroll to recall it.

Still, she'd look over at him curiously, trying to figure out whether he was trying to scold her or not. Ultimately, she didn't figure it out and said nothing about it, but would offer Toyoko a hand up if she wanted it.

@ Taryu-Jiai Duel:
Kyumi would send Tamori a look that would silently ask "What? Isn't this what you wanted?" as her avatar began to regain its form.

It would attack the nondescript air samurai with its sword, intent on having its blade cut through its opponant's extremities.

(((5k3+1 (-10); 38 vs TN 12))  
Agent Sinistra rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 2, 3, 10 Total: 34 (5-50)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:20 pm
((Rolling Damage!

3k1+3 = 16; Rain says 16, so 16 it is. ))

GM Response: You rolled: 9, 10, 2, 3, 10

So you rolled a 9, a 10, and a 2. The 10 explodes, so the next one is a 3. That gives you 9, 13, 2, keep one of those dice. 13+3 = 16.

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:46 pm
@ Pre-Taryu-Jiai Duel:

"I'm sorry, I don't believe we've had the pleasure. But if you are the girl I've heard much about, that must make you Kitsu Kyumi. It is an honor to make such a dear, new friend of my egotistical brat of a sister." Smiling politely, despite the harsh description, he would bow to Kyumi. "I would love to become further acquainted with you, if you'd permit. But it will have to wait for the time being; I believe we are holding you up from your match!"

"Kyumi-chan... I'm... sorry. I tried." Toyoko would say to her, as she was helped to her feet by her brother. She didn't seem upset, just disappointed.

--------------------

@ Taryu-Jiai Duel:

((One quick post before bed. Also, I think you're keeping too many dice >_>' I have you at 16 damage (10+3(explosion)+3(water)=16) ))

And like that, it was over. The Matsu would waiver from the blow she received, only to reform effortlessly. Like in the previous match, the Water Matsu would lift the blade high and strike down in a single powerful blow, cleaving the Air Bushi in half! The two halves would begin to float apart, and the Air kami within would suddenly break formation and scatter.

"Match, over! The winner this time, is Kitsu Kyumi! In a few minutes, we will be having our final match-up, and our last re-match!"

Making his way over, Tamori Makoto would bow to Kyumi. "My apologies, young Kyumi-san. I'm specialized as an Earth Shugenja, and my studies in the other elements is lacking. I am sorry I was not able to give you as thrilling of a rematch as our first duel was." Giving a shifty glance from one side then to the other, he would lean in to speak quietly to Kyumi.

"You have Maru on the ropes. You beat her once, and if you have any Water left in you, you can do it again. I know how to read an opponent, so believe me: Hang tight, and this duel is yours." Putting an index finger to his lips, he would hide a smile before vacating for the evening.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:55 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Finals!:

After the last matches were cleaned up after, there would be yet one more familiar scenario, before the Shugenja duels were over.

Kitsu Kyumi vs. Soshi Maru

Declaration

The Soshi woman, her kimono mostly dry now, would stand opposite of Kyumi. She seemed to have mixed feelings about the match, but she didn't seem to be willing to give up. "I have bad news for you, Kitsu. Though I'm out of air spells for the day, you are likely out of water spells. My Water will not pale in comparison to yours any longer!" Deeming it her best odds for victory, the Bayushi of Water would once more take shape in the center of the circle. {Earth-1 Water-3 Fire-2 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 12, 1 wound/level.}

16 initiative!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-20)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:25 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Finals!:
Rain Yupa
After the last matches were cleaned up after, there would be yet one more familiar scenario, before the Shugenja duels were over.

Kitsu Kyumi vs. Soshi Maru

Declaration

The Soshi woman, her kimono mostly dry now, would stand opposite of Kyumi. She seemed to have mixed feelings about the match, but she didn't seem to be willing to give up. "I have bad news for you, Kitsu. Though I'm out of air spells for the day, you are likely out of water spells. My Water will not pale in comparison to yours any longer!" Deeming it her best odds for victory, the Bayushi of Water would once more take shape in the center of the circle. {Earth-1 Water-3 Fire-2 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 12, 1 wound/level.}

16 initiative!

Declaration
Kyumi couldn't help but grin almost wickedly. "I guess we'll have to see about that, won't we?" She would answer as she began to summon the Matsu once more.

The Matsu would reform in the circle, its blade in hand and ready to attack.

(( Earth- 2, Water- 3, Fire- 1, Air- 2, Void- 1; 2 wounds/level;
Initiative = 7))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:16 am
@Crab Hijinks
Kagae was slightly startled and nearly dropped his paper and pens but he quickly recomposed himself. Turning to the guards he sheepishly said, "Ah... I must have got lost... Give me a second..."

He rolled up the paper and placed it in his scroll case, slightly disappointed that this would mean he would have to spend the rest of today in the camp and then undeployed the tripod on which his surveying gear stood. He motioned for the guards to lead the way.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:12 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Duel:

((Oh crap! Kyumi lost initiative! Maru's doomed! gonk ))

Fight!

"This won't be a repeat of before, little girl! Just you watch!" Though Maru sounded confident in her words, whom she was trying to convince would be a different matter altogether.

The Water Bayushi would take an aggressive stance, before lashing out at the Matsu, hoping for better results than last time. {1 Raise, 23 vs TN 12+5, hit} The blow would be fiercer, as the near-icy blade would thrust through the Matsu's chest, giving a vicious blow! {12 damage, Matsu Avatar is Crippled (TN+20)!}

The Avatar is heavily wounded, but not out yet! Kyumi, initiative!  
Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 6, 10, 10, 4, 3 Total: 44 (7-70)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:06 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Duel:

Rain Yupa

((Oh crap! Kyumi lost initiative! Maru's doomed! gonk ))

Fight!

"This won't be a repeat of before, little girl! Just you watch!" Though Maru sounded confident in her words, whom she was trying to convince would be a different matter altogether.

The Water Bayushi would take an aggressive stance, before lashing out at the Matsu, hoping for better results than last time. {1 Raise, 23 vs TN 12+5, hit} The blow would be fiercer, as the near-icy blade would thrust through the Matsu's chest, giving a vicious blow! {12 damage, Matsu Avatar is Crippled (TN+20)!}

The Avatar is heavily wounded, but not out yet! Kyumi, initiative!

Kyumi didn't respond to Maru's taunting, watching to see what the liquid Bayushi would do. She hadn't been surprised that Maru's avatar had been the one to attack first- throughout the Taryu-Jiai duels, she'd never been the one to strike the first blow.

While her avatar had managed to survive the attack, it wasn't appearing to recover as well as it had in the past. This worried Kyumi somewhat, and she did a terrible job of masking it. Still, it would try to attack, regardless of its chances of hitting its opponent.

((5k3+1; 41(?) vs TN 32 ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Agent Sinistra rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 1, 1, 3 Total: 13 (5-50)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:15 pm
((Rolling Damage!
3k1+3 = 8 ))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:39 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Duels:

With the Bayushi's blade plunged into the chest of the Matsu, it wavered, as if it was about to fall. Tightening its grip on its weapon, it found the strength to go on, lifting its blade high above its head, and

WHAM!

The force of the blow would cause the Bayushi to explode in a spray of water so fierce, it blew straight back and soaked Soshi Maru down to her bones. Again.

"..... AUGH!!" Maru screamed in frustration after suffering a similar fate twice in a row.

"Well, hello," Ide Jiro would say to her, beside her with towel in hand. Wait, what? Where did he even come from?

"And that finalizes the Shugenja Duels," Kuni Raicho would announce. Standing at attention, she would elaborate. "The runner up of the Duels is Soshi Maru, who performed admirably. But the true winner of the duel for today is Kitsu Kyumi."

There would be applauds all around from many of the samurai gathered there, and Kuni Raicho would step before the young Lioness.

"... well done. You have a promising future."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The following characters would receive the listed benefits for their efforts in competing in this part of the tournament:

Kitsu Kyumi - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Shugenja Duel; 1 additional point of Glory for winning the Shugenja Duel. 1 point of Honor for showing sincere courtesy to your rivals.

Also: Since it is no mystery at this point, I can reward them now. Anyone who competed in this competition gains 1 experience point which, like the one from the previous day, can be spent in any fashion of your choosing, if you decide not to bank it. Your expenditure will take effect starting the following morning. Please inform the GM of any expenditures.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:45 pm
And with that, the second day's events come to a close! Day 3 will start Sunday night, so any roleplaying that anyone wants done, you have until then!  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games