Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:44 pm
Never? crying *weeps*
Good thing I can be either emotion_awesome
Shut the hell up! scream

That shading looks awesome, though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 pm
*checks "to do" list. After a moment goes to the line that specifies "Tes body pillow" and strikes it through and writes "Taus body pillow" under it* emotion_awesome

gonk Oh crap. I completely forgot to do any shading on the left shoulder. It's just the base color... It's a small part so maybe they won't notice. emotion_yatta  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:14 pm
I don't think so, cause I didn't notice it until you said something. Had to go back and look for it. cat_lol  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm
Ooooo ~ Prettiness *Pets*  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:44 am
Now wit that cleared up I can finally start my holiday art.
This will be a good test to see if I can draw line art without paper.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:40 pm
Really making use of my tablet to draw an image from the ground up.

Ugh... my default style is showing. redface

User Image

It's a really interesting process. I like how flexible doing line art is, but I think I've already broke my record for how many layers I've used at once and I'm just starting. Eyes need more moe.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:19 pm
That avi looks familiar! emotion_awesome *Bats eyelashes.* 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 pm
I still do the whole sketch on one layer sweatdrop ... except for the display piece for the auction where everyone in it is on a different layer. Sometimes if I need guide lines for a certain area, I'll put that on a new layer under the sketch, then delete it when I don't need it anymore.

I like to keep my layers to a minimum out of habit from my old computer, which would slow to a crawl if I had too many layers.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:15 pm
It's my first time so I'm trying to be really careful about how I line things even though technically it doesn't take that much effort to touch things up if I make an error. I'm just so used to the logic that when I ink a drawing, it is set in stone and final. So everything has it's own layer. They eyes, nose, lips all have their own and the hair has a few though I'm pretty sure I'm going to redo it all once I have the mental energy to go back and try again.

It's probably going to be the same situation as when I color. When I'm working on a particular section there is going to be multiple layers for that part and as I'm satisfied with my work those layers will get merged down into the original line art layer. So I expect my layer count to fluctuate somewhat depending on what I'm working on and it's complexity.

I was watching an artist stream about a week ago and she had a crap load of layers, but it was all really neatly named and organized... and she was an all around better artist.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 pm
O.O art yeah and would have said night but 1 danishes 2 you implied i was a perv >.< so meh XP  

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 pm
although turning stranger into a perv could turn out to be fun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:30 pm
Don't take what Kaori says personally. She's a bit cautious about certain things and English isn't her first language so she can take things a bit to literally sometimes, but what's wrong with being a perv? Are you trying to imply you aren't now? emotion_awesome  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm
Nah im a perv , I was trying to keep Lady .. well a lady meh other avis are a bit loud outspoken and well way to touchy xd most dont even notice meh guy avies are played by a girl xp  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm
Kai is my trap character. I don't think I have an actual is male and looks like male character except for the rare times when I give Kai some male clothes. I'm trying to flesh out my other character a bit before Wonderland starts so Kai is showing up less.

I don't think most people notice I'm a guy by the way I interact. I've blended in pretty well in an all girl guild for a couple weeks now. I have the benefit of having slept with both genders so my knowledge base of pervyness is quite high.
emotion_dowant  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games